31

Protection B*tchface

Najung was dressed in a pair of white jeans, a loose sleeveless silk top with her cashmere tweed coat as she went down.

Luhan was waiting for her with something in his hands.

“I’m not wearing that, Lu.” She winced as she looked at the bulletproof vest.

“Najung~”

“It’s okay. It gives me..I just..cant wear that.” She swallowed, Luhan met eyes with Chanyeol and the latter just nodded.

Najung was ushered to a bullet proof SUV. She sat at the back, in between Luhan and another guard, she knew both of them were armed.

 

The Hummer’s wheels screeched in protest as Kris slammed on the brakes. He lithely slid down from the vehicle and walked towards the two pilots. He was at the hangar, just minutes ago he had contacted the president and requested for a private jet. He needed to get to China.

The pilot checked his watch, it had just turned five in the morning.

“Sir~”

“I don’t need the formalities now. I need to get to Bejing as soon as possible.”

“Your highness,”

Kris started to walk towards the plane.

“I want a quick flight. Nobody knows who I am, keep this quiet.”

 

It was a two-hour flight to China, and Kris couldn’t rest. Najung had called him using a regular line, chances were Tu Long Bang already knew where she was. His phone wasn’t encrypted either. He tapped his fingers on the hand rest slightly.

He tried calling Chanyeol and Luhan, but none of them could be reached.

He pursed his lips.

What was wrong with him?

Was he willing to give up his peaceful life as a regular person for her?

He knew once he sets foot on Beijing it would be impossible to go back. His family would claim him back, then he would live the life he was running away from.

The life he escaped from.

But all he wanted was for Najung to be safe.

He didn’t care anymore; maybe it was time to stop. Just like Najung, she stopped being afraid and stepped forward.

Kris shook his head as realization came to him.

I’m in love with her.

 

 

“A highway?” Najung looked up, Chanyeol nodded at her.

“I didn’t know the embassy was far from the house.” She murmured. Chanyeol smiled and patted his shoulder.

“You can sleep for a while if you want, Na.”

“It’s fine, oppa.”

Chanyeol took out his phone, then his brows furrowed.

“Oh, Kris hyung has been calling.” He murmured, then bullets started to pelt on the vehicle.

 

“Your highness, the king is waiting~”

Kris shook his head as he reached the last step.

“I need to get to Beijing city proper.” He replied as he took out his phone. He tried to locate Chanyeol’s phone.

He handed the device to the man.

“I need to get to that place as quick as possible, send men too.”

“But sir~”

“I’m your crown prince, right? Then do this, after that, I’ll come back home.”

 

The car halted, both doors were yanked open, the guard on Na’s left was shot and pulled out of the car, Chanyeol managed to kick the armed man, he pulled Najung with him and they went out. Luhan was behind them, then the three stopped.

There were at least twenty armed men, all of their high power guns pointing at them.

“Give us the girl, and we’ll let you live.”

Chanyeol tensed, Najung was hidden behind his tall frame. Luhan glanced around them, the place was empty. Their two escorts were injured, unable to move.

“She~”

Chanyeol winced as a bullet dug onto his shoulder. Najung screamed.

“Na~” Luhan was about to pull her to him, but she stepped forward.

“No. They want me, not you guys.” She swallowed, her eyes were red as she started to walk towards the men of Tu Long Bang.

“Najung~”

Two of the masked men grabbed her forward. Luhan’s brows were furrowed as they watched them drag her away.

Then he heard loud rumbling.

He turned and found black SWAT vehicles racing from both sides. Tu Long Bang stopped, Luhan saw the wild look on their eyes.

“Let her go!” A voice came from the helicopter.

The machine landed, and he recognized Kris sliding down from the vehicle.

“Kris.” Najung whispered, but the man who was holding her just pushed her forward, with one gun pointed on her head.

 

The SWAT team started to close in on them, they were trapped.

Najung was still being held at gunpoint.

“Let her go!” Someone said in Mandarin. Guns were pointed against them, the members looked at their leader.

“We have you cornered!”

Kris was standing at the front line, beside the SWAT team, his eyes were on Najung.

Then Najung was pushed back to the open. She winced as she landed on the pavement on her palms. She slowly stood up.

Behind her the men of Tu Long Bang raised their arms.

Nobody moved, even Luhan stood frozen on his position as Najung started to walk towards Kris.

Kris sighed in relief as Najung’s eyes met his.

Then he heard a loud bang.

Blood started to drip from Najung’s lips, then she landed on her knees.

Kris’s eyes widened as she dropped on the pavement.

Kris grabbed one of the members’ guns and shot the one who fired at Najung straight on his chest.

 

 

That was when the SWAT team started to fire as well.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

@bluestone1317  this is my twitter account guys! :>