39

Protection B*tchface

Najung smiled at her older brother, Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Look at her, she’s so happy that she can come back to work now.” Jackson chuckled as he continued eating.

“Really oppa? Abeoji’s okay with it?”

Jaejoong nodded.

“Actually, he was the one who suggested it.”

“But, hyung, you can trust her not to escape now? She can still head out to~” Kyungsoo trailed off as Najung sent him a steely look.

“I’m sure you’ll do well, Na. Just don’t allow her to drive hyung” Mark nodded solemnly.

“Sometimes I doubt whether you guys are really my friends.” Najung muttered.

 

 

Tao glanced up from the pool as he heard Najung stepped out of the house.

“I’m making sandwiches, would you like one?”

Luhan appeared from the garage and smiled at Najung.

“Ham and cheese, jie. Thank you!” Tao chirped, Najung turned to Luhan.

“Lu-ge!” She greeted as Luhan walked to them.

“I’m making sandwiches, would you want one? Ham? Cheese?” Najung grinned as they walked towards the house, as soon as his jie jie was gone Tao’s brows furrowed.

Somehow it felt different, the past few days since they’ve flown back from China Najung had been excessively smiling, but there were times when she was quiet and she wasn’t paying attention. Up to a point where Tao or Chanyeol had to snap their fingers on her face.

Tao got off the pool, he knew the reason why Najung was acting differently.

He couldn’t even count the numerous times Najung had accidentally requested or called for Kris.

 

Najung stared at her burgundy painted nails as she stood by the windows. She had no idea what she was feeling.

She just felt like she needed to talk to someone.

Kris

She wanted to talk to him, she felt odd going out of the house without him driving her.

She bit her lip.

Her mind went back to what happened at the kitchen weeks ago, Kris was mad at her for escaping, then he kissed her.

Najung briefly touched her lips before sighing.

She felt uncomfortable and worried, and she didn’t like it.

The door opened, she looked up expectantly. One of the maids gave her a polite bow as she entered while carrying some of Najung’s clothes.

Najung mentally hit herself.

Why was she always expecting him to come?

 

Najung’s fingers deftly typed on the laptop as the manager went on with his report, she looked up, causing for the male to halt as well.

“You mean to say, the Songs, one of our reliable clients, transferred?”

“..Yes, director.”

Her brows furrowed.

“You just let them go? You didn’t stop them?”

Jaejoong hid his smile and looked away, while Najung had a carefree personality, inside the office she was a dragonlady.

“Uhm, they~”

“I can’t accept this, call them. I would like to meet them personally, then, this meeting isn’t finished, right, President?” She turned to her brother.

“Yes, we’ll continue next week, after we have settled the deal with the Songs.” Jaejoong nodded and stood up, Najung followed her brother.

“Aren’t you being too much?”

“Time is running out, the Mister Song is one of our biggest client, oppa. We need him to be on our side.” She mused, they looked up as Luhan approached them.

“The car’s ready, let’s go.” He said, Najung kissed her brother’s cheek before going with Luhan.

Jaejoong grinned as he watched the two leave.

 

“Lu-ge, you’re smiling too much, it’s scaring me.” Najung mused as they arrived at the lobby.

“I’m just happy that you’re work’s done for the day and you can relax at home.”

“Really?” She asked dryly as they stepped out of the building.

Luhan stopped walking, Najung blinked and followed his gaze.

 

 

“Luhan, she should at least have four agents with her, you know how she has fleeing tendencies.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++