3

Protection B*tchface

“Kim Najung is his daughter, the witness we were talking about.”

Kris paused, recalling Jongdae’s words.

He was right, he was assigned to a girl.

“I hope you’ll get along with my child.” The man smiled at him, Kris nodded back. The chief set down a key and a piece of paper with an address written on it.

“Take these.”

“Sir, this~”

Kim Jaehyun smiled.

“You’ll need them to get to where she’s currently staying, the car will be assigned to you.”

“Ah..yes.”

“And I hope….you’ll get along with her.”

 

 

Chanyeol opened the front door as a black Land Rover parked at the house’s curb. Kris slid down from the car lithely; he was clad in his usual black and white suit.

“Is this Kim Najung’s residence?” He queried as he walked to the other male, Chanyeol nodded.

“Well, the place where she is confined. Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol offered his hand, Kris nodded and shook his hand.

“Kris Wu.”

“Yes, well the chairman told me you would be arriving, come on in. I’ll show you around the house.”

Kris nodded, he looked at front gates, his brows rose.

“Only two CCTV cameras?” He asked, Chanyeol nodded at him, his brows furrowed before following the other male.

 

, .” Najung cursed as Mark maneuvered around Cheongdam.

“I have to be home in ten minutes.”

Mark glanced at her, Jackson was asleep, more like, passed out dead.

“Kyungsoo’s coming over, I think that’s what he said.”

“Missed calls from your father doesn’t scare you, but Kyungsoo hyung does.” Mark murmured in amusement.

“Just drive faster, that’s your job.” She snapped.

 

Chanyeol opened the door.

“This is the study, Najung likes to read a lot.” He said as he gestured towards the bookshelves, then again, Kris noted, there were not cameras.

“Is..she still asleep?” Kris asked him, Chanyeol looked away and walked towards one of the rooms, ignoring his question.

“This is her room.” He pushed opened the double doors, Kris glanced at the wide hallway.

He was frustrated, if they were guarding an important witness, how can something so basic like CCTV cameras not be installed in the house?

He entered the room, two maids were cleaning inside.

The room was empty.

“She’s not home yet?” One of the maids looked up as they entered.

Kris blinked and looked at Chanyeol, then just in time a loud purr was heard from the gates.

“She’s here.” Chanyeol exhaled before running down.

 

Najung opened the door and slid down from the car.

“Thanks!” She said hurriedly before dashing towards the front door, Mark and Jackson studied her paint stained legs and arms.

“Do Kyungsoo’s going to grill her.” Jackson mused as his friend started the car again.

“Most likely.”

 

 

“Young miss, where have you been? We were so worried.”

Najung smiled as she handed the maid her bag.

“You were with Jackson and Mark all night? Your father called, your brother too!” Chanyeol was rushing to her.

“Well, the party was too much for me. It drove me mad. Has Kyungsoo arrived?”

“Not yet, he’s coming?”

Najung took off her coat and shoes, revealing her paint-stained body.

Kris’s eyes widened.

She was the state witness?

 This girl witnessed a murder?

“You reek of alcohol.” Chanyeol winced. She nodded and started to take off her bracelets and earrings, she placed them on Chanyeol’s waiting hands.

“I need to shower, tell me if~” She halted when she noticed Kris.

“I know I’m still not sober, but why is there another tower in the house?”

 

Kris watched as the girl climbed the stairs. Chanyeol led him to the kitchen.

“That’s her, Kim Najung.”

“She’s the state witness.” Kris stated, as if to remind himself.

“Well, you were expecting she’d be all depressed and stayed home?”

Kris nodded.

“You’re wrong, she’s the complete opposite.”

“Can you tell me about her?”

“She tends to be blunt and straightforward, and she refuses to be called young miss. She hates that. And..she’s..”

“She likes to escape?” Kris said.

“You heard that? She’s supposed to be at a party, but she left with her friends.”

“And she just came home now?” Kris shook his head.

“She was almost kidnapped two weeks ago, and she can just escape anytime?” Kris asked.

“Don’t do that, I escaped because he thought I was going to stay.” Najung entered the room, her hair was damp and she was wearing a loose shirt and shorts.

“Have you eaten?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Not yet, this is?”

“This is Kris, he’s going to be assigned to guard you.”

Kris took out his ID and showed it to her briefly.

“Secret service? That bad already?” She chuckled before grabbing a glass of water.

Kris’s eyes twitched involuntarily.

“I know the story behind this, appa called me. This is too much.” She murmured, then she faced Kris.

“Have you had breakfast? Join us.”

 

“A white light party? That explains the paint.” Chanyeol replied, Najung nodded.

Kris felt odd, he was eating in the kitchen, with the two. They were seated on the stools by the counter.

“It was fun.”

“You were almost kidnapped at a club, you were okay going there?” Kris asked her.

“I wasn’t alone.” Najung grinned at him, Kris wanted to pull out his hair.

“That’s being…fearless.”

Stupidly fearless, Kris thought.

“After this, miss Kim, can I talk to ~”

“Just Najung, Kris.” She nodded.

“Ah, right.”

“You don’t have to be so formal, I’m just~”

“Ya, Kim Najung!” A voice came from the living room. Najung winced.

Chanyeol chuckled, Kris looked up.

 

“You’re dead, agasshi.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++