CHAPTER 6 THE PROJECT PART 2

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HER POV:

 

"I'll prove you wrong sunbae. This falling in love thing? I can fake it. I can make people believe that I am so into the romance even if I feel otherwise. Why? Because I'm not just an actress, but THE actress. You said so yourself sunbae. I'll do it. Puhahahahahaha!!! That was fierce Seo Joohyun! yeah! Our Seohyunnie is back!” (Yuri)

Yuri, Yoona, Jessica, and Sunny unnie took turns imitating what seems to be the counterpart to Yonghwa oppa’s “aura of mystery” speech.

“BECAUSE! I think I’m a lot better at making people cry that sweeping them off their feet! Hahahahaha! Where did you get that maknae? You’re jjang! No wonder my brother fell for that charm of yours!”

“Unnies!!! Stop it now please? I’m miserable here. It’s been four days and I haven’t written a thing! By this time I should've been done with it, at least 85%. And for the record, Yonghwa oppa didn’t fall for my charms or whatsoever.

In fact, the man in question wouldn’t even help me with any ideas at all! He’s been MIA since that announcement! Argh!”

“Did I hear this right? Since when did you start calling him “Yonghwa oppa” again? Stop being in denial Seobaby.” (Yoona)

“But he didn’t fall for my charms!” WAIT. Why did that slip when I intended to deny their stupid teasing?

“But you wish he did! Omo! Our Seohyun has indeed grown up!” (Sunny)

“Relax maknae. You’ll think of something. Are you sure you never felt your heart flutter because of one guy? You’ve had a couple of crushes back in high school.” (Taeyeon)

“But those were celebrities unnie! I can’t possibly use that as reference. Where would I draw emotions then? Ahhhh…I’m hopeless! This is hopeless!”

“No guy in college? You studied in the States you know. There would’ve been a variety of guys you met.” (Sooyoung)

“You mean a variety of jerks. It’s all the same unnie. America, Korea, wherever else! Guys these days only want one thing. None of them are willing to go through the whole “getting to know you stage” without the assurance of the thing they want.”

“Don’t be so skeptical Hyunnie. Look at Yoona. She’s dating Lee Seunggi. The guy who spent 3 years calling her his ideal type every opportunity he gets? The nation’s goddess and the nation’s brother – they are practically the “It” couple of this generation.

It doesn’t help that they have to rub it in my face that I’m single with all those skinship and nauseating phone calls! I remember those days Yoona pined over him with that huge poster in her wall when Seunggi made his debut. She even got mad when I told her that his ideal type was a noona, not a dongsaeng.” (Yuri)

“Unnie! I told you that song was made for me. It wasn’t “NOONA you’re my woman” but “YOONA, you’re my woman.” One letter doesn’t make a difference!”

“IT DOES! DELULU FANGIRL!” (ALL)

“But at least this fangirl got her happy ending with her oppa! Bleh! Speaking of which, he’s calling me now. Look, Seo. Not everyone is a bad guy. I’m sure there’s one out there, maybe around the halls of SJYNC Ent, who values you for who you are. Ok, I’ll continue that later. gotta answer this call!”

“You said you met a lot of jerks right?” Tiffany unnie asked me and I just nodded.

“Then just think of that one jerk who made your heart beat fast and made you feel the butterflies in your stomach. It doesn’t necessarily have to be love but those simple feelings are a start right? C’mon Hyunnie. There’s got to be at least one guy. Just one. You don’t have to tell us who it is. You just have to remember all those emotions he made you feel and use that to write the script.”

I fell silent because right then and there I knew she was right. There was one guy. And the only face that flashed in my mind the minute Tiffany unnie was talking was that of a guy with a snaggle tooth and chocolate brown eyes. JUNG.YONG.HWA.

 

HIS POV:

            “Meet me at the practice room, 9:30am SHARP. Don’t you dare be late if you don’t want your precious Americano on those designer coats again." -Seohyun

            That was the text I received first thing in the morning. Harsh as ever, Seo Joohyun. If you were wondering how we exchanged numbers, let’s just say some friends of ours held our phones hostage until we had to save each other’s numbers in front of them.

This is the first text she’s sent me in years and even if I should be feeling disappointed, I wasn’t. At least it meant she didn’t delete my number. I glanced at the bedside clock and DAMMIT!!! It’s 8:30!!!

 

In the practice room….

            “You’re late.”

            “Well, good morning to you too, sunshine. I’m not late. It’s 9:29. I’m a minute earlier.”

            “It’s 9:31 on THAT clock. You should readjust your time to the one in here. A minute wasted is unacceptable. What are you doing still standing there?! Come and sit here so we could brainstorm!”

            “So eager to be near me, sweetheart?"

"Quite the opposite, actually. I just want this project to be done. So, do you have any suggestions? You know, about the couple’s “meet cute”?"

"Suggestions? Didn't Boa sunbae said you'd write and direct it? Why do I have to suggest anything? I'd rather you write the stuff and I'd do the acting. What “meet cute” are you talking about?"

"The meet cute! You know, that part wherein the couple meets for the first time? It’s an important scene. I ran out of ideas. Don’t give me the classic “they bumped into each other” because that’s so overused.”

“What about being long lost childhood friends and reuniting some time as adults?”

“No. Too cliché. Nobody really remembers their childhood friends that much. That plot is so unrealistic.”

“Then just let them meet at some random place – a café, library, bookstore, mall, whatever! It doesn’t matter HOW, what matters is WHY they meet. Besides I’m too tired and lazy to think of anything else.”

“Tsk. I wonder how you became 2nd place with that attitude of yours. Anyway, since I knew this would happen, I prepared a Plan B."

"If I know you also have a Plan for every alphabet there is." I muttered under my breath but by her glare, I knew she heard me.

"Say whatever you want. So here's what I thought of - this would be a 2 part movie. The first part is called Summerain. It deals with the angst of ex-almost lovers, the bickering here and there, as well as flashbacks from their high school days. The story is told from alternating point of views but focuses mainly on the girl.

The "sequel" is called Winterfalls. It picks up right from where the first one ended and this one deals with all the fluff and romance. It's mainly told on the guy's POV and his way of wooing the girl back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter