CHAPTER 19 RUNNING BACK TO YOU

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON POV:

 

            The movie was well-received by the public. It even had successful international screenings. Of course the plot twist of the “sequel” created much buzz. The original audience felt “vindicated” when the rest of the viewers had the same, if not, much more severe reactions to the surprise sequel.

            Yonghwa and Seohyun continue to frustrate Team YS for their ultra-slow development. All of them were hanging out in CNBLUE’s dorm when their managers came in.

            “Pack your bags. We’re leaving for a photoshoot today. Hurry up!” (Shindong)

            “Go get your things ready Seohyun-ah. You’re scheduled for a photoshoot too. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Joon, your managers also called me to tell you the same news. Well, what are you waiting for?! The plane leaves in 2 hours! Get yourselves ready!! Palli!” (Heechul)

            “What do you think you’re doing, Jessica?! Hurry up and fix your things too! Same goes for Krystal, Yoona, Yuri! SM and SM C&C told me you have this on your schedule. You’re coming along too, Sunny. We have specific orders to have all members of So Nyuh Shi Dae with us.” (Shindong)

            “ME?! But, why?! I have a date with Sungmin oppa today!” (Sunny)

            “Then just bring him along!” (Heechul)

            “But we were supposed to have our alone time! You think they (points to crowd) would leave us alone? I know them too well.”

            “We’re not interested in your date, Soonkyu-yah.” (Taeyeon)

            “That’s what you said the last time, before Sungmin oppa and I caught you guys in the same restaurant with that ridiculous ahjumma disguises!”

            “It’s done. I called him up already and he should be waiting for us at the airport.” (Shindong)

            “What?! He agreed to go?! Why!”

            “Stop complaining. It’s your chance to get away from your stressful job nowadays. C’mon, let’s go and pack up. Whatever this weird photoshoot is.” (Hyoyeon)

            “Photoshoot? Why are we all suddenly having a photoshoot?!” (Jungshin)

 

In the plane…

 

            “Where are we headed anyways?” (Jonghyun)

            “Since when did SJYNC, SM, and SM C&C thought of having a joint photoshoot?!” (Jessica)

            “I still don’t understand what I’m doing here. I’m not a celebrity like all of you. Geez.” (Sunny)

            “What matters is that we’re together right now.” Sungmin replied as he took her hand and kissed it.

            “Ew yuck! Lay low on the PDA you two!” (Jessica)

            “Don’t mind noona. She’s just jealous she doesn’t have someone to cuddle up with! Where’s that imaginary secret boyfriend of yours, huh? hahaha!” (Jungshin)

            “YAH! He’s not imaginary!!!” (Jessica)

            “What is with this random photoshoot? Why didn’t they us earlier?! If I had known I should’ve spent more time in the gym instead of pigging out on junk foods these past few days!” (Lee Joon)

            “Where are we going again?” (Krystal)

            “Are you sure this is a legit trip?! Are we being kidnapped?!!! HELP!” (Yoona)

            “Heenim! Where are we going? Can’t you at least tell us?” (Seohyun)

            “Where are we going? America? Canada? London? Paris? Thailand? Indonesia? Where!!!!” (Minhyuk)

            “Are we headed someplace cold or hot? Because I don’t know if I brought the right outfits.” (Yuri) 

            “Are we there yet?” (Yonghwa)

            “How long is this flight?” (Sooyoung)

            The questions continued all throughout the journey. Their hotel rooms have been assigned (although they still argued who gets which room) and they were quickly ushered into some place to get changed. After too much fuss on their wardrobe, hair, and makeup, all of them were gathered in a waiting room. It was only after the very chaotic situation did they realize that this was no ordinary “photoshoot.” They looked at each other curiously until Taeyeon broke the ice.

            “Ok, so which one of us is getting married?!” (Taeyeon)

            “Wait, somebody’s getting married?!! Who?!” (Hyoyeon)

            “Not me. I’m single.” (Yuri)

            “Don’t tell me it’s the two of you! Lee Soonkyu, Lee Sungmin!” (Hyoyeon)

“It’s not us! We don’t even like this color as a wedding motif!” (Sunny, Sungmin)

            “I’m single too. It ain’t me.” (Tiffany)

            “Definitely not me. I’m also single. Since birth actually.” (Seohyun)

            “Yonghwa hasn’t proposed yet?!” (Yoona)

            “Why would he propose? We’re not even dating!” (Seohyun)

            “Ahahahaha! You sooooo want him to ask you to get married! Hahaha! I caught you Seo!” (Yoona)

            “You’re not dating yet?!” (Seunggi)

            “I know right? It’s so frustrating!” (Yoona)

            “Jung Sooyeon! It must be you! Is this one of your “events?! Where is that secret boyfriend of yours?! Where?! Tell him to be a man and face me!” (Yonghwa)

            “It’s not me!!! Why would I want to get married at 27?!” (Jessica)

            “You’re turning 28 this year, noona.” (Jungshin)

            “Yah! How is that relevant to this issue Jungshin chinggu?!” (Jessica)

            “It means you’re getting old and that secret boyfriend of yours hasn’t proposed yet.” (Jungshin)

            “In “untouchable language” he means, ‘just dump that secret boyfriend of yours so I can make you mine and propose. Hahaha!” (Lee Joon)

            “YAH!” (Jungshin/Jessica)

            “I can assure you guys it’s definitely not me! Yah, Jung Yong, are you sure it’s not YOU?!”


            “Of course it’s not me! I haven’t even asked her (points to Seohyun) to be my girlfriend yet!” (Yonghwa)

            “Kyaaaa!!! Seohyunnie is blushing right here!” (Yoona)

            “Unnie! I’m not!” (Seohyun)

            “Oh you so are! Haha!” (all)

            “Why are you guys so sure someone is getting married? Maybe this is just a concept or whatever.” (Hyoyeon)

            “How can this be a concept? SJYNC and SM may be business partners and all but they NEVER hold joint photoshoots. Like, EVER. We don’t even participate much in each others’ projects!” (Lee Joon)

            “Why are we arguing about who’s getting married?” (Jonghyun)

            “UNNIES! OPPAS! STOP! Can you all please shut up for a second and listen?! Look! We girls are all wearing bridesmaid dresses. The guys have matching corsages or suits too. It’s obviously not one of us. If it is, then at least someone from the group will know. We all know how it’s next to impossible between all of us to keep a secret. It must be one of our company executives or so.” (Krystal)

            “As expected, my Soojungie is so smart!” (Minhyuk)

            “She’s not your Soojungie!!! She’s still our baby sister!!!” (Yonghwa & Jessica)


            “Uh oh! Dragon & Ice Princess alert! Retreat! Retreat! Retreat!” (Jungshin)

            The rest of them were still digesting the information when the bride walked in the room with an amused expression on her face. The look on their faces was nothing but pure shock. The tirade of questions, disbelief, and all, began.

            “BOA SUNBAENIM?!!!!” (ALL)

            “You’re the one getting married?!”
            “We didn’t even know you were engaged!”

            “When did Yunho sunbae proposed?!”

            “So this isn’t a photoshoot but your wedding?!”

            “Is this your wedding photoshoot or your actual wedding?!”

            “Wait, you’re dating Jung Yunho sunbaenim?! The leader of TVXQ?!! Since when sunbae?! I thought they were just kidding when they told me! I didn’t know!” (Seohyun)

            “Is this for real? Sunbae! You’re really really really getting married?!”

            Boa laughed so hard seeing their reactions.

            “Of course I’m getting married! You think you guys are the only ones who could pull a surprise event? Hahaha! aigoo! So cute! So, do I have your blessings or not?” the crowd was still gaping at the shock so she responded, “Arasso. I’ll give you a minute to absorb the reality of this situation,” and took a seat.

            A full minute passed and soon, the girls rushed over to give her a hug and squealed their congratulations. The guys also gave her their best wishes.

            “Why a mountain wedding sunbae? I always thought you were the traditional kind of girl.” (Taeyeon)

            “Nah. I don’t like the standard wedding halls things. Yunho and I always loved scenic locations. It’s where everything else started.”  

            “You mean you secretly dated in the mountains?! What!” (Jungshin)

            “Lee Jungshin! How can you just ask her that?!” (Minhyuk)

            “It’s alright, Minhyuk-ah. Yes, Jungshin. We did have most of our dates in the mountains, or somewhere in the countryside. We can’t really date in cars like most of idols do nowadays. We tried that once but we ended up in an accident and we got punished for it. Anyway, that’s where we had our first decent and real conversation, without all the animosity. I remembered us arguing so much and we ended up being trapped in the middle of nowhere because of the thunderstorm.”

            “Wow. That’s really unique and romantic, sunbae. I wish we could hear the rest of your love story but I’m afraid Shindong and Heechul oppa over there are telling us to get in place.” (Seohyun)

            The wedding took place peacefully. Only their family, friends, and several people in the company were invited. There were no annoying paparazzis or sasaeng fans in sight. It was a joyous occasion. 

The newly wedded couple left for their honeymoon right after the reception (without telling anyone where) and bid their guests goodbye. The hotel rooms and flight details have been arranged beforehand so their ‘guests’ could treat this as some sort of a vacation/gift trip to them. Some of them decided to hang out for a while while others called it a day and went back to their rooms.

            Seohyun decided to linger around the venue. She spotted the piano still in its place.

 

HER POV:

            Today was such a wonderful occasion. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room. It’s not every day you get to see the King and Queen of Kpop vow to spend the rest of their lives together. Will I be lucky enough to have a love story like theirs? You already have your own but you are too stubborn and scared to take things a step further. Ok, so much for having my conscience nag me.

 I roamed around the venue and enjoyed the cold, breezy, atmosphere. I saw the piano still in its place and walked towards it. I positioned myself and let my fingers dance on the keys. 

HIS POV:

            I’ve been looking her for the past couple of hours. I can’t let another day pass by without telling her how I feel. I was exhausted from roaming around the area until my eyes landed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter