CHAPTER 41 BEFORE OUR FOREVER

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THIRD PERSON POV:

 

            The wedding preparations were in full force. They only had 3 months to accomplish everything. As expected, Team YS are the ones caught in the middle of all the stress. Scouting for the locations were no longer a problem. Yonghwa and Seohyun have long accomplished the reservations even before the back-to-back proposals; but since the two are so wrapped up in perfecting every miniscule detail, their friends were the sponge to absorb all stress as well as referees to halt the disagreements.

“Oppa, I want everything to be in a light, pastel color motif.” she tried her best to keep her voice neutral.


            “But that’s too boring, Joohyun-ah! I want gold and silver and all that sparkly things! Just like this!” he said as he pointed to the engagement ring that she got for him.

            “I want everything to be simple and beautiful. Just like this!” she answered back as she pointed to the engagement ring he got for her.

They continued to argue about the color motif, the designs, and even the food to be served. They’d stop in the middle of their petty debates to throw in a random “I love you” and continue with their childish bickering as soon as they finished exchanging those sweet nothings. Everyone didn’t know whether to find it cute, disgustingly sweet, or annoying. If they had their way, they’d just send off the two to get married ASAP in order to be free from the constant pressure.

            “YAH! You two! At this rate you’re going to get a divorce even before you’re married!” Jessica scolded the couple.

            “Sooyeon-ah, how can they get a divorce if they won’t get married? Hahaha!” Jungshin .

            “YAH!”

            “Arasso.” He immediately shut his mouth and let the ice princess do all the talking.

After countless mediations and compromising, they finally came to an agreement. The main color motif would be yellow. The church setting would have the pastel, light, and solemn design she wanted whereas the reception would be of the gold, silver, and sparkly one he insisted. The entourage would have a different set of outfits in order to go well with each place’s theme. Same goes for the to-be-married couple.

            They did their best to keep things under wraps for fear that paparazzis, annoying journalists, and hyperactive fans may crash the occasion. They rarely answer questions about each other and didn’t give any clarification about the engagement rumors.

In fact, during one of their live performances, they chose a breakup song and pretended to act all sad and emotional in front of the cameras. The press and the public bought in their act, and rumors about their “split” were all over SNS even before they got offstage. As soon as they reached their dressing room, they laughed their hearts out and were wiping tears from their eyes. They exchanged hi-fives as they exclaimed proudly,

“MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!”

Their friends, managers, and stylists would shake their heads and just cluck their tongues.

“Yah, you two are crazy. How can you do that?! The news is bombarded with articles about your so-called “breakup!” they’d scold them. The culprits would laugh again and just shrug their shoulders as they replied,

“That’s the point. At least they won’t be asking anything about our engagement or wedding plans. It’s fun to confuse the public sometimes. Let’s just say we’re just putting our acting skills to test! Hahahaha!”

The distraction did work in their favor as the press minimized stalking them and focused on other recently revealed couples. This gave them more freedom to focus on the wedding and marriage preparations (wedding is for the event, the marriage is for engaged couples’ seminars and workshops they signed up for).

They were to have 2 weddings: a traditional and modern one. The traditional wedding will be held in Seoul. It is an intimate ceremony that will only have their immediate family members as well as their friends (Team YS). Right after the ceremony, they are to proceed to register their marriage in the local city hall and hop off to the airport for the modern wedding (they trimmed down the guest list from 500 to 200) that will occur in Italy.

            “When you two said you can’t wait to spend the rest of your lives with each other, we didn’t think you meant that literally.” (Yuri)

            “If only we knew you two would be asking for our help then we should’ve started planning this wedding in the beginning of the year!” (Joon)

“2017 must be your year, huh? Meeting each other again 2 ½ years after the dating ban, went through an 11 day courtship, became a couple, and 4 months later came the engagement. I’m surprised you two didn’t go all out and push through for the wedding this year.” (Sunny)

            “We actually wanted it to be on December 11 but that’s only 2 months from now and when we called in for a reservation, there are no available dates for the venue in Tuscany.” (Yongseo)

            “WHAT?!!” (All)

            “Eyy..why are you all like that? We’re paying for everything. We promised to give you the vacations and all those items you asked for. Besides, who else can we turn to but you guys? You’re our favorite group of people! Saranghanda!” (Yongseo)

            “BUT WHO’S PAYING FOR OUR STRESS?!!!” (All)

            “You two are just…aigoo. When I get married, I’ll make sure to dump in most of the heavy workload on the two of you!” (Taeyeon)

            “Taeyeon-ah, it’s not “when I get married.” It’s “when we or when Jonghyun and I are getting married.” (Jonghyun)

            “Count me in.” (Jessica)

            “I thought you two aren’t a couple yet? You’re going to skip that phase and just go straight to marriage? Wah, Lee Jungshin you’re daebak. What a capable namja to let her royal highness agree to that at once! Hahaha!” (Hyoyeon)

“Us too!” (Krystal & Minhyuk)

“I think Seunggi oppa and I would love to have Yongseo as our wedding planners!” (Yoona)

“Same thing for me and Khun oppa.” (Tiffany)

“I’ll suggest that to Kyungho oppa too!” (Sooyoung)

“Sungmin oppa and I are 2 years ahead of the preparation but we don’t mind letting Yongseo take all the stressful part of organizing the final details. Hahaha!” (Sunny)

“Can somebody please be considerate towards the single lady here?!” Yuri said as she pointed to herself. Everyone laughed and urged her to just date either Joon or her long-time suitor, Youngbae.

            It’s fun to be a part of your OTP’s wedding preparations but if they’re as stubborn and perfectionist as that of Yongseo, maybe you’d want to reconsider. For now, they just have to keep up with the tasks.

The preparations were done. They were surprised and proud of themselves for being able to accomplish their tasks within that short time frame. There was just one more thing left on the list – the album recording.

They were recording songs for the album (the souvenir to the guests instead of the standard figurine and other usual wedding stuff) as soon as they got back from their other schedules. Seohyun was busy filming for a CF so she has yet to arrive. In the meantime, her other half was busy and completely immersed in his Producer Yong mode.

“STOP! Kim Taeyeon, Lee Jonghyun, mwohaneungeoya?! Your ad-libs are too much! Try not to overpower the rest, arasso?”

            “Hyung! This is a duet. Of course Taenggoo’s voice and mine should be louder and more defined than the rest. They’re supposed to just provide the harmonization and backup vocals.”

            “We agree!!!” The others piped in. They just wanted to get this over with so they can sleep peacefully.

            “But your saranghanda and saranghaeyo are just too much! Yah, and can you please focus on the song instead of each other’s face?!”

            “Jung Yonghwa-sshi, awhile ago you kept nagging us to get into the “feel” of the song. In order for us to do that, we need to look at each other. Why you..!” Taeyeon said as she took a step forward to get out of the booth but Jonghyun hugged her. This action of course led to any round of squeals from their friends.

“OMO! Yah, you two…are you the ones getting married?! You’re really shameless when it comes to PDA! Hahahaha!” (Team JT)

            Said couple couldn’t care less about the teasings and nagging (from Yonghwa). Jonghyun whispered to her ear:

            “Taeyeon-ah, keumanhe. Let’s just follow hyung’s instruction for now..we’ll get our revenge later on when we supervise their own recording session.” He winked at her and of course, the girl just blushed leading to more squeals and teases.

            Two hours later, they did get their revenge. To be honest, Yongseo got the recording perfect just after 4 tries. The others (especially Jonghyun and Taeyeon) just wanted to mess with them by extending the recording session. They’d cut them off in the middle of the song when they are so certain that both are immersed in their emotions with comments such as:

            “Yonghwa-sshi, Seohyun-sshi, your ad-libs are too much. What’s up with the exaggerated saranghanda and saranghaeyos?!”

            “This isn’t a date. You are both singers right now!”

            “Stop! Your harmonization . Start over from the top!”

“Can you try not to mix your personal stuff with your professional work? This is a recording studio. Not a romantic restaurant.”

            “Why don’t you two focus on the song instead of each other’s face?”

            “Cut! I think Yonghwa missed the beat and Seohyun’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter