CHAPTER 22 OF COURTSHIPS, THE BIRTH & REVELATIONS OF NEW COUPLES

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

When they were finding their way back towards the hotel (chapter 19: Running Back To You)

 

HER POV:

          

            After wandering around, we finally found our way back to the hotel. I don’t know what to make of us right now and I am not so good at handling this type of situation (aka, anything regarding Jung Yonghwa).

 

            “Uh…I guess I have to get going..?”

          

            I turned around and thought of running back to my room when he placed a hand on my shoulder.

 

            “Hey, Joohyun?”

 

            “Yes?”

 

            “I don’t want to burden you by asking you to be my girlfriend right away. I know this entire thing is new to us and I’m very thankful that you gave me the chance to pursue you. I, uh, I have a suggestion…”

 

            “What is it oppa?”

 

            “We’re not on a boyfriend-girlfriend status just yet, but how about we would be a preparatory couple?”

            “Huh?”

 

            “I mean..uh..I’d like to court you. I’d like us to take this opportunity to get to know each other. I mean, yeah we already know each other, but I want us to do it with the mindset of spending a future together, not as friends, but as someone’s significant other. I want to pursue you as how a man should pursue a woman. I’m giving you the say in this relationship. After a few months or no matter how long you wish for this to go on, if you believe that you are ready to be in a relationship with me, then, that’s the only time we’ll go from friends to lovers. I’m giving you all the deciding rights on what you want to happen to us. What do you say?”

            Even after all this time, he still puts me first before himself. I wanted to say yes at once. However, I won’t deny that I also wanted to take some time to think things through.

 

            “Ok. I think this is a good opportunity for us to adjust to this change in our relationship. Thank you, oppa. I really really appreciate it.” Oh and I love you even more! But I can’t say that right away. I have to prepare for that. He deserves so much than just a random ‘by the way, I love you’ confession.

 

            “Really? I’m so happy! Thank you! uh, you better should get going now. I don’t want either of us to catch a cold. Good night, Joohyun-ah.”

 

            He turned around and walked towards his room when I ran up and caught to him.

 

            “11 days.”

 

            “Huh?”

 

            “Just 11 days, starting from the 12th of June. That’s all the time that I need to figure it all out.”

 

            “Why not tomorrow?”

 

            “Day one has to be on June 12.”

 

            “Why?!”

 

            “Just because!”

 

            “What am I going to do until then?! That’s 3 weeks from now!”

 

            “That’s just 21 days, oppa. No big deal. Besides, don’t you have other schedules for the band and yourself? I still have work too. Time will fly by fast when we’re busy.”

 

            “That’s 21 days longer than the time I want to be with you!”

 

            Now that, has just made my heart beat raise up a notch. He’s just so cute even if looks frustrated. I turned around and tried to condition myself from not smiling or hugging or kissing him in public. I faced him again as I said,

 

            “I thought you said you could wait?”

          

            His shoulders drooped and that sight made me want to cuddle him even more. But. Not yet. He said he can wait and I need more time to prepare.

 

            “Tsk. Arasso. June 12 it is then. We will tell everyone when we get back home.”

 

            “Ok.”

 

            “Goodnight then.”

 

            I started to walk back towards my room when he’s the one who caught up with me this time. He smiled at me and leaned closer to whisper in my ear.

 

            “You better enjoy the last 32 days of being single Hy~un, because after that, I’ll make sure you are mine and that I am yours and this relationship is for keeps.”

 

            He winked at me. I blushed but my competitive spirit won’t back down just yet. I pulled his collar until our faces were just an inch apart. This close proximity is making my heart go wild and for a second I think I made the wrong move.

 

            “If you’re that sure, then you better start working on it now. You, of all people, know how stubborn I am.”

 

            “And you of all people know how persistent I am. Even if you are stubborn and have a tendency to overanalyze things, we both know that Yongseo IS and ALWAYS will be ENDGAME. It’s you and me, Joohyun. Hey, what’s that?!”

 

            I was too flustered and lightheaded from his whole “yongseo is and always will be endgame” line and I didn’t think twice but to look towards the sky where he pointed. As soon as I did, he kissed my cheek and ran away.

 

            “Choding.”

          

            That’s all I could say as I entered my room. I still had this silly smile on my face and I kept touching my cheek that I failed to realize that the girls were waiting for me.

 

            “Do you know what time it is, Seo Joohyun?!”

 

            “Where have you been and why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter