CHAPTER 14 LOVE SICK LADY

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CNBLUE’S COMEBACK TITLE SONG REVEALED!

CNBLUE’S LATEST SINGLE TO BE CALLED “LADY”

SJYNC ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES OFFICIAL TRACKLIST FOR CNBLUE’S MINI-ALBUM “BLUE LOVE”

Lady Sweet Holiday Feeling One of A Kind Lady (instrumental version)

TRACKLIST FOR “BLUE LOVE” CAUSES A STIR AMONGST FANS; IS CNBLUE CHANGING THEIR STYLE?

CNBLUE UNVEILS FIRST TEASER IMAGE FOR COMEBACK FEATURING JONGHYUN!

CNBLUE’S MINHYUK REVEALS HIS TEASER IMAGE!

CNBLUE’S JUNGSHIN SHAKES HEARTS WITH HIS TEASER PHOTOS FOR BLUE LOVE!

FINAL TEASER IMAGE FOR CNBLUE IS UNVEILED! JUNG YONGHWA IS SMILING IN THE PHOTOS!

SJYNC ENT UNVEILS FIRST MV TEASER FOR “LADY” + HITS 2 MILLION VIEWS OVERNIGHT

FINALLY!!! CNBLUE’S MV FOR LADY IS OUT!

MUSIC VIDEO FOR LADY BREAKS 8 MILLION VIEWS!

CNBLUE’S “LADY” ACHIEVES AN ALL-KILL

LADY

Music & Lyrics by: Jung Yonghwa

Under the dark lights

and the fun beat

An aura shines out from you

 

Rather than your flashy

dress and high heels

Your elegance is

more attractive to me

 

Let’s go party tonight, your

breathtaking footsteps Wanna know

you, I’ll go to you step by step

 

Party tonight,

I want to dance with you

I I tell you oh, stop right there

 

Lady, I’m not a bad person

I want you lady, this isn’t

a typical pick-up line, wait

Lady, I’m not an easy person either

I want you lady oh, what’s

up with your answer

 

You’re my lady,

I know you like it too

You’re my lady, ha ha ha ha

You’re my baby,

I’m different from other guys

You’re my baby Hoo

If not, try running away

 

I’ll be your mind lady

 

You’re cold toward guys and

to your friends, no no

Your aura surrounds you

 

Your cold way of talking, your

cold smile I can’t take my eyes

off your elegance

 

Let’s go party tonight before this

time passes Wanna know you,

I’ll go to you step by step

 

Party tonight, I want

to tell you my heart

I I tell you Oh, stop right there

 

Lady, I’m not saying I love you I want

you lady, let’s get to know each other a

little more Lady, it feels like time has

stopped I want you lady Oh, what’s up

with the way you’re looking at me?

 

You’re my lady,

stop pretending you didn’t hear

You’re my lady Ha ha ha ha

You’re my baby,

I’m talking to you

You’re my baby Hoo

If not, try shaking me off

 

 

HIS POV:

 

          I sat quietly as I let the rest of my brothers read today’s headlines.

          WHO IS JUNG YONGHWA’S LADY?

          CNBLUE’S COMEBACK CAUSES A MENBOONG!

          IS THIS THE END OF CNBLUE’S “LONER” ERA?

          CNBLUE IS BACK & SINGS LOVE SONGS!

          CNBLUE’S LATEST MINI-ALBUM SIGNIFIES A HUGE SHIFT IN IMAGE!

          IS CNBLUE’S LEADER IN A RELATIONSHIP?

          THE HAPPIEST PERFORMANCE OF CNBLUE TO DATE!

          JUNG YONGHWA MELTS FANS’ HEARTS WITH HIS SMILE!

          LEE JONGHYUN, KANG MINHYUK, LEE JUNGSHIN – WHO’S NEXT?

          FANS CRY & REJOICE OVER LEADER’S “MYSTERY LADY”

            “I knew this would happen! Have you seen the rest of the articles, hyung? We’ve been the hottest topic since the teasers were released!” (Jungshin)

          “Our fancafe is flooded with posts! They’re all trying to guess who is your Lady, hyung.”(Minhyuk)

          “Our mini-album sold twice as much as our best-selling album in just a week! We should’ve sung more songs like this in the past! Haha!” (Jonghyun)

          I just smiled. We were being prepped for another one of those radio shows. I was going to say something else when I felt my phone vibrate.

          *Congratulations on your comeback. ;)*

            I couldn’t hide my happiness. That was the first text she sent me after the whole Italian adventure/date. Not only that, it was the first time she texted me with an emoticon since the B&W Party fiasco. Her messages have always been formal and distant.

          “Oooohhhh! Hyung! Did your “Lady” send you a text?” (Jonghyun)

          “Hyung! Wipe that silly grin off your face! What about your image?!” (Jungshin)

          “The whole image thing is abandoned in the face of love.” (Minhyuk)

          “Ewww! You’re starting to be as sappy as hyung!” (Jungshin)

          “Maknae is just jealous because his own noona crush hasn’t sent him a text.” (Jonghyun)

          “YAH! I told you that I do NOT like Jessica noona!” (Jungshin)

          “Who said anything about Jessica? Is she the only ‘noona’ you know? I caught you, Shin-ah. You’ve been thinking of her since that day! Hahaha!” (Jonghyun)

            “Oh c’mon. We all know you had a crush on her since high school. That was why you kept pestering Yonghwa hyung to practice at their house. Hahahaha!” (Minhyuk)

          “Says the one who does the same thing just to get a glimpse of Krystal. Aish. The 3 of you are literally going to be brothers if this continues! How can you leave me alone?” (Jonghyun)

          “Yah! I told you not to bother my sisters! If you want to date them, you have to get my approval first!”

          “Oh Seohyun-ah!!! Annyeong!!” (Minhyuk & Jungshin)

          I turned my head quickly and bowed to where they pointed at, only to find our manager, Shindong hyung standing in front of the doorstep laughing. Why did I fall for that trap?!

          “Yah! Jung Yonghwa! If you keep doing that it won’t take long before everyone figures out who the “Lady” in your song is! CNBLUE’s leader becomes an emotional pabo in love! Haha! Hurry up guys! The show’s going to start soon!” (Shindong)

          We got up from our seats and prepared to enter the studio. I purposely walked behind so that I could respond to the text away from prying eyes.

          *How do you find the song?*

            The reply came almost immediately.

          *Different.* One word reply. Classic Joohyun.

            *How different?*

            *just….it’s not like your other songs. The style is different.*

            I smiled. I caught you now Seo Joohyun!

          *I thought you said you don’t listen to our music? How would you know that the album style this time is different? :p*

            It took her longer to reply this time. Did I go too far? Why do I have to so soon?!

          *The headlines are all over the internet. I think that’s enough for me to draw a conclusion that the style is different despite not listening to your former songs.*

            *Ok ok. I’m just happy that you listened to our song this time.*

            *Who said I heard “Lady?” :p*

            *Eyy. Stop denying Seo Joohyun. I know you heard it. Aren’t you going to ask me what everyone else is asking? I know you’re curious. :p*

            *I’m not.*

            *Yes you are.*

            *No.*

            *C’mon. Stop going around in circles and just ask me directly.*

            *what should I ask anyway?*

            *the same question everybody else is asking.*

            *I’m not curious.*

            *Ohooo. So you know which question I’m referring to.*

            *I don’t.*

            *Yes you do.*

            *No.*

            *Just ask me. if you’re the one who asks, I won’t hesitate to tell you the truth. I’d even tell you everything. ;)*

            *whatever*

            “YAH! Jung Yonghwa! The recording’s about to start! Can you please leave your phone for a while and do your duties as the leader of CNBLUE?! Palli!” (Shindong)

          I sent her one last text before going in.

          *Recording’s about to start. Please tune in to Kiss the Radio. :D*

            I didn’t wait for her reply. I went in and the recording session has begun. We sang all the other songs in our mini-album. The interview session was up next.

          “I’ll go straight to the point Yonghwa-sshi. So, who’s the Lady?” Give it to Kyuhyun sunbaenim to ask those types of questions. My members laughed and shared knowing glances which didn’t escape the eye of the “evil maknae.”

          “So there IS a lady! CNBLUE members obviously know who she is! Eyy. You promised me the last time that you’d give my show the inside scoop for your next album. This is it! Who’s the lady, Yonghwa? You were the one who wrote this song.”

            If there is one thing I like the least about CNBLUE’s active promotion cycle, that is, being ‘interviewed’ about my personal life. This time though, I can’t blame them. I’m the one who started this by smiling during the concert and initiating this change of style for CNBLUE.  I paused for a second to think about my answer.

            “She is special.”

            “What kind of an answer is that?! c’mon, Yong. Your hyung needs more than that to keep this show alive!”

            “I think it’s unfair on her part to reveal her identity just like that. We’re not dating yet, and I don’t know if that will happen soon. I’m just happy with what we have right now, and that is, friendship.”

            Of course, Kyuhyun hyung won’t let me off the hook just yet.

          “Ohhhhh!! Jung Yonghwa is unveiling his protective side! The response is explosive! They all want to know who this lady is. Is she a celebrity? An actress? Idol? Singer?”

            Kyuhyun hyung’s persistence is what landed him all these MC roles. I tried to kept my cool as I teased,

            “She’s a lady.”

            “Aish. You’re so keen on keeping her a secret! Arasso! Let’s just deal with questions from fans. Here’s the one with the most upvote next to the lady question: Let each CNBLUE member describe his ideal type! No naming female celebrities! Just the qualities or physical attributes you find attractive. So, who wants to go first?”

            Minhyuk didn’t waste some time answering.

          “My ideal type is a girl who is smart, cute, and charming. I like a girl with long, black hair, tall, and I hope she’s younger than me. I think I will melt when she calls me “oppa” and says sweet nothings in English. It would be a bonus too if she can sing and dance well. I’m not really good at that those areas that’s why I debuted in a band. I really find it impressive when a girl can memorize difficult choreographies and still manage to sing well.”

            Did he just describe my baby sister?! Baby Jung?! So this is what Sooyeon’s been telling me about!

          “I just like a girl who’d like me in return.” Jonghyun said at once. I recognized the sad undertone in his voice. Is my dongsaeng still not over Im Yoona? He still believes that none of us knows when in fact, we all do (by ALL, that means CNBLUE and the rest of our friends too). Jonghyun’s not the type to say anything and so, we never really brought it up. We just expressed our concern and support through simple ways.

          “Don’t worry Jonghyun-sshi. Your fans responded that they’d be glad to be your girlfriend!” (Kyuhyun)

          “I like a girl who exudes confidence and class. I’m attracted to a woman who knows what she wants when she sets her sight on something. As for her looks, I like a girl with long, dark blonde hair, and an elegant smile.” (Jungshin)

          “He has a specific model in mind.” (Jonghyun & Minhyuk)

          “I DON’T!!!!”

            “Ohh…so CNBLUE’s maknae also has a lady and she’s a model?” (Kyuhyun)

          “NO!”

            “He likes noonas! I mean, just one noona. Haha!” (Minhyuk)

          “And he (points to Minhyuk accusingly) likes younger girls! I mean, just one specific idol!” (Jungshin)

          “Yah! You two!” these two pabos. At this rate they might mention my sisters’ names! Since when did they become so interested in my siblings?!

          “Ohooo! Minhyuk likes an idol younger than him, and Jungshin likes a noona who is a model? BOICE, you know what to do! Let the hunt begin! Haha! Ok let’s move on to Yonghwa. What’s your ideal girl like?”

            As soon as he asked me that, her image immediately flashed in my mind.

            “I like a girl with long hair, round face, and bright sparkling eyes. I like it when her hair is either straight or curled, as long as she keeps them down. My ideal girl is someone who is really really smart. As for her height, I hope she’s not that tall. Just above my shoulders would be ok so I won’t look short when she wears high heels…and someone who can play an instrument, particularly a piano or a guitar. It would also be a bonus if she could sing well.

I just want someone who is the opposite of me, that way, our characters and personalities would complement each other. I hope she is younger than me, I think 2 years age difference is just about right.”

          I could feel myself smiling. My dongsaengs shot me this “SHUT UP NOW HYUNG OR YOU MIGHT SAY HER NAME!” look. Kyuhyun hyung seems satisfied with my answer. Was I too specific?!

          “And…there you have it guys! Do you think you fit CNBLUE’s ideal type descriptions? To end this show, let’s give it once again to CNBLUE!”

            We got up as we prepared to sing Lady.

 

HER POV:

          I heard the song even before it was released. Yonghwa oppa gave me a copy of their album.

 

Flashback

           I was busy trying to get rid of those excess whatever feelings I had the last time I went abroad but I figured it was pointless so I just gave in to my curiosity.

          I spent hours locked up in my room searching and downloading all of CNBLUE’s pictures (be it fan-taken, magazine spreads, screen captures, etc), and videos (music videos, BTS videos, fancams, every single one of their variety appearances, etc). I pored through online stores to get a copy of their magazine spreads and concert DVDs.

          I was cooped up in my room and spazzed like any hardcore fangirl. I was too busy watching all of CNBLUE’s (particularly, and only, Yong oppa) variety appearances that’s why I unconsciously forgot to check my schedule. I woke up the following morning to be greeted with calls and texts from my unnies and manager.

I was running through the hallways of SJYNC. I was late. Like, an hour late. I completely forgot that we were going to record some songs for TaeTiSeo’s first album today.

         

The rest of my unnies were in charge of this debut. Sooyoung, Sunny and Yuri unnie were producing some of the songs, Hyoyeon unnie was choreographing the dances, Jessica & Yoona unnie were busy with the costume designs and set for our music videos. They’re going to grill me as soon as I arrive! Oh nooo!

I kept running until I bumped (or rather, crashed) into someone.

          “You did it again, Joohyun-ah. Why must we always crash into each other?”

          I felt embarrassment all over. This was our first meeting since Italy and I just had to literally crash into him again.

          “Uh…I…uhm…YA! You should’ve just gotten out of the way when you saw me running!!! I’m late!”  I was flustered. The sight of him just brings back memories of the alleged date in Verona.

           I didn’t wait for his response and was about to move when he blocked my way. I turned to the right, he’d do the same, I faked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter