CHAPTER 18 TEAM YS TO YONGSEO: DO YOU HAVE A STRONG HEART?

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STRONG HEART 2

 

THIRD PERSON POV:

            An hour before the broadcast, the guests were all gathered in the waiting room. Team YS (including f(x) members Amber & Victoria) kept observing the couple. The two were trying so hard to ‘play it safe’ but then again, it’s Yongseo. If there’s one thing that their friends know about ‘shipping’ this couple, that is, you have to be observant. Like REALLY REALLY OBSERVANT. If you didn’t know better, you’d dismiss these ‘moves’ as nothing more than ordinary. However, when it comes to Yongseo, nothing about their actions scream ordinary.

 It’s in the way they speak to each other through their eyes, the way he’d cover her legs with his cardigan, the way she’d hand him a bottle of water or a tissue, the way the both of them would pay attention to what the other is saying even if they aren’t the actual people having that conversation, as well as the stolen glances and smiles. They were trying to be subtle alright but they also forgot that the people surrounding them right now could decipher their hidden messages through those simple gestures.

            They knew that the two are just trying to avoid being teased. Since they understood that they must’ve been tired from filming 2 variety shows within such a short interval, they decided to grant them their peace and just unleash all that teasing for broadcast later on.

            “Hey, Yongseo!” (Lee Joon)

            By instinct, the couple looked towards him and simultaneously asked,

            “What?”

            As soon as they did, the rest of their friends didn’t miss this opportunity to laugh and tease them (just a little; saving the energy for later).

            “Omoo! So you two answer to your couple name now?” (Yuri)

            “What happened when you were filming Running Man and Hello Baby?” (Jonghyun)

            “Finally! We can save ourselves the effort of calling them by their own names because we can just say YONGSEO! and then the two of them would answer back. Haha!” (Jungshin)

            “Kyaaaa! They have finally accepted the fact that they are indeed THE Yongseo couple. Omoooo!” (Yoona)

            “Ey. Unnie. I responded because I heard my last name.” (Seohyun)

            “Who are you trying to convince, maknae?” (Taeyeon)

            “Guys, please don’t too much. She’s tired from all the running and mommy duties.” (Yonghwa)

            “Thank you oppa.” (Seohyu)

            The rest of the crowd chorused a long “Oooooohhhhh!” Something must’ve happened during the time they filmed those 2 shows. They suddenly wished they followed them around because waiting for the actual broadcast proved to be tormenting.

            “Anyway, are you ready for later?” (Minhyuk)

            “Of course. Aren’t we all just going to sit there and talk?” (Seohyun)

            “That’s not what Minhyuk oppa meant, unnie. You do realize who’s guesting along with you on this episode right?” (Krystal)

            “Yeah. All of you. So?” (Seohyun)

            “You are not bothered or nervous at all?”

            “Why should we be, Baby Jung? Yah, don’t even think about making up random stories!” (Yonghwa)

            “I can assure you oppa that none of the stories we’re going to talk about later are neither fake or random. You do know that we always get scolded by our companies for ‘ruining’ our own images when we go on variety shows right?” (Krystal)

            “Are you nervous Jung Yong?” (Jessica)

            “No! Why would I be?” (Yonghwa)

            “Oh nothing. We just wanted to make sure you guys are prepared. You do give us permission to just share anything on broadcast right?” (Sooyoung)

            “Yes, unnie. Say whatever you think is interesting for the viewers as long as it’s not something that would damage anyone’s reputation.” (Seohyun)

            “Really?!” (Team YS)

            “Anything?! Like ANYTHING and EVERYTHING?!” (Team YS again)

            “Yes unnie. You don’t need to ask anyone else’s permission.” (Seohyun)

            Seohyun must’ve been extremely exhausted from all that filming. If there’s one thing that the couple should know about Team YS, is that, you NEVER EVER give them the go signal or the green light to do whatever they wish to do or say whatever they think of saying if you wish to keep your (very very obvious not so obvious) feelings under wraps.

            The PD called them in and asked them to go to their places already. Before they left, Team YS cornered Yonghwa and Seohyun and asked them,

            “Do you have a strong heart?”

            The two of them recognized the challenge in their friends’ question, however, they thought nothing much about it as they nonchalantly responded,

            “DUH.”

            They let the two pass by first. As soon as Yonghwa and Seohyun couldn’t see them, they exchanged knowing smiles and high-fived.

           

One hour later…

 

“Welcome back to the second season of Strong Heart! I’m Lee Seunggi.”

“Kang Hodong imnida!

            “Today we have very special guests!!!!”

            “Yah, Seunggi-ah, aren’t you being too excited? Just because a certain “someone” is here!”

            “Of course hyung! We have so many special guests today!”

            “Number one would be Im Yoona!”

            “Hyung! I was supposed to be the one to introduce her!”

            The audience and the other guests laughed with Seunggi’s frustrated expression. Anyway, the show went on. The guests were none other than CNBLUE, “Girls’ Generation,” f(x), and Lee Joon. All of them shared the obligatory career stories and such. The guests eyed one another and gave off a mischievous grin.

            “Enough about us. Aren’t you going to ask about THEIR (points to Seohyun- Yonghwa) upcoming movie?” (Lee Joon)

            “Ah yes! How can we forget? So, tell us about this movie of yours, Seohyun-sshi, Yonghwa-sshi. You took the entire world by storm when your agency released the trailer. We never thought we’d see the two of you in a romcom!” (Seunggi)

            “It’s a movie we filmed prior to our debuts. It’s just a simple, romantic comedy.”

            “But the way you looked at each other in those trailers doesn’t seem “simple.”” (Hodong)

            “That means we did really well with our ‘acting.’” (Yonghwa)

            “If you were to put a percentage on how much of it is real and isn’t, what would it be?” (Seunggi)

            “No comment.” (Yongseo)
           

            The two of them said the same thing at the same time. They didn’t have much time to retract what they said as their beloved friends cued their signature “YONGSEO IS REAL!” fan chants.

            “Of course we’re ‘REAL.’ Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter