CHAPTER 46 GRACE WITH LOVE & SHINING INSPIRATION

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1 year later…

 

HIS POV:

 

            I felt Hyun’s sharp elbow nudge my side. I immediately sat up straight and tried to pay attention to what the doctor is saying. I just nodded my head every now and then, asked some questions, and tried to look as if I’m not about to die of boredom.

            I’ve been really stressed and tired lately. Our friends were serious when they said they’d dump off the heavy workload of their wedding preparations. They made certain that they got their rightful payment from all the years they spent being so invested in the Yongseo couple.

“You know, if it weren’t for that promise we made during high school that we would only get married after Yongseo couple, we wouldn’t even wait for you.”

“Who told you guys to keep that promise anyway?!” I asked back.

“No one. We just happen to be such a loyal, dedicated, fan base. If only we knew it’ll take you guys a decade after high school to get married, we never would’ve made such a promise in the first place!”

“Then you should’ve gotten married a few years ago! Not all at once, but some of you should’ve!”

“Andwae. The preparations weren’t complete. The 6 years of separation are out of the question because a member of So Nyuh Shi Dae should not get married without all 9 of us in complete attendance.”

Aish, these punks! I should’ve made them suffer for what they attempted to do during my wedding night. I’ve been too high and happy in love that I just let it go and forgot about it.

Lee Sungmin and Lee Soonkyu were the first to tie the knot after Hyun and I did, followed by Jung Kyungho and Choi Sooyoung. Hwang Miyoung and Nichkhun Horvejkul got married next and then it was Lee Jonghyun and Kim Taeyeon’s turn.

Lee Seunggi and Im Yoona were married just a month after the last couple. My noona and my dongsaeng were the next ones on the list. Kim Hyoyeon is set to get married three weeks from now. Lastly, my baby sister will be Mrs. Kang Minhyuk at least 3 years from now.

Kwon Yuri is still adamant about being single and I think these pabos will soon form Team JR (JoonRi) to get her and Joon hyung together. I guess this “shipping” thing has become an innate characteristic in our group.

            At first, Hyun and I shared the burden, but as soon as we found out that she’s pregnant, I banned her from doing any stressful activity. More so when we knew that she was carrying twins. When we relayed the news to our families and friends, there was a huge celebration.

            “I thought the twin thing skips a generation?” (Yuri)

            “Yong seobang is daebak! Hahaha!” (Sooyoung)

            “The tea worked in the end, after all.” (Jungshin)

            “What tea?!” Joohyun and I asked. The rest started scolding the nation’s chingu for yet, another slip. So that’s the reason we felt like that during our wedding night!

 

            I felt Hyun’s elbow nudge my side again and I was brought back to reality.

            “Can I request for an extra gown, cap, gloves, and mask for my husband?”

            Huh? What is Hyun talking about?

            “For what?” I asked her.

            “When I give birth. I want you to be the one to cut the cords.”

            What?! No. This cannot be happening. She can’t be serious about this. Me..stepping inside a delivery room..those blinding lights..the sterile field setups..those machines..blood..blood…blood…more blood..I’ve seen enough medical dramas to accept the truth that I cannot and I never will, attempt to get inside those special areas.

            “Joohyun-ah, what are you saying? Aren’t the doctors or nurses responsible for that task? Eyy..” I tried to .

            She glared at me. This is not going to be good.

“I want you to be there when I bring them out to the world. I want you to hold my hand and witness every second of this event. You have to be there, Jung Yonghwa. You are responsible for this. I’m already the one who’s going to experience all the physical pain. You just have to stand there, hold my hand, and cheer me on. NO ARGUMENTS. YOU GOT THAT?!”

            I bowed my head and just caved in. There’s no excuse for me not to be there. I’ll just have to desensitized my fear of blood by watching those dramas just so I would not faint and make a fool out of myself when our son and daughter comes out.

            “Arasso.”

Hyun clapped her hands in glee and excitement as I probably looked like I just ate the worst lunch of my life.

            “You two are so cute! No wonder everyone adores the Yongseo couple. So, it’s all set then. I’ll make sure to relay your requests to the team. I’ll see you in a week! Take care!”

            We thanked Dr. Moon and headed out the office.

HIS POV:

 

                In between juggling my career, my friends’ weddings, I always made sure I have time to accompany my wife’s scheduled visits to the doctor, as well as attending those boring Lamaze and parent-workshop classes.

Joohyun’s cravings are another issue. There was one time she woke me up at 1:45am just to go buy her steamed gogumas. When I got back, she said she didn’t want it anymore and demanded that I get her a bacon cheeseburger from McDonalds.

Being the obedient and supportive nampyeon that I am, I rushed off to the nearest McDonalds to fulfill her request. I was so happy and proud when I held out the paper bag to her but then I felt like my heart sank when she said she didn’t want it anymore.

Instead, she asked me to go get her some butterscotch ice cream. She was very specific about the brand and I had to search every grocery until I found one. The same thing awaited me at home. She said she lost the appetite for it and this time, she asked me to go buy some Indian mangoes, tangerines, and apples.

            I kept reminding myself that heeding her requests wouldn’t even amount up to the pain of childbirth she has to endure in the coming months. I got back and found her waiting for me at the dining table.

All the food I got for her earlier was set. Her face was beaming with that beautiful smile of hers and for a second, I felt the exhaustion wear away. That is, until she asked me to eat EVERY SINGLE THING she laid on that table in the EXACT CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER as I bought them.

I wanted to cry and pull my hair out of frustration. Steamed gogumas, bacon cheeseburger, butterscotch ice cream, Indian mangoes, tangerines, and apples. I mentally apologized for the ruckus it’ll cause to my digestive system. If that wasn’t enough, she asked me to drink cola, milk, and a cup of coffee as refreshments.

            I tried to subtly plead my case and asked that we go back to sleep. However, she started crying and I knew it wouldn’t stop until I gave in to her demands. Jung Hwan Bae and Jung Eun Ae! I can’t wait for the two of you to get out. How can you talk your umma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter