CHAPTER 42 REDEFINING US

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THIRD PERSON POV:

 

            Just as Jessica and Jungshin predicted, their stress levels were on an all-time high in order for them to keep up with the schedule. As soon as the traditional wedding was done, they went back to their homes to get their luggages, and other necessary documents for the trip. Yongseo went to the City Hall (with Jessica and Krystal as witness) to register their marriage. The entire process was completed in a VIP room in order to avoid information to leak to the press.

            Most of the guests were already in Tuscany. Kwanghee and Sunhwa were the ones who overseered the preparations while they waited for the rest of the entourage to arrive. They arrived as scheduled. In just a few hours, the wedding they’ve all been waiting for will finally commence.

WEDDING DAY

 

The Groom

 

Yonghwa kept pacing back and forth. This is it. This is really it. Before the day ends, they would finally be husband and wife.

            “Hyung. The two of you are already legally married anyway. She’s not going to run.” Minhyuk and Jonghyun elbowed Jungshin for even mentioning the word “run.”

            “Run?! What if she doesn’t show up?! What do I do? I can’t live without her!” Yonghwa started to panic again. Everyone in the room took turns pacifying the anxious groom. His dongsaengs, however, were more preoccupied with documenting their hyung’s reactions. These are the moments that are needed to be caught on cam and immortalized. Especially that “I can’t live without her!” scene.

            Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Mrs. Jung was busy comforting her husband who kept crying like a baby.

 

The Bride

 

            Seohyun wanted to walk around to calm her nerves but she’s been doing that for the past hour. She nearly tripped and tore her wedding dress. As a result, the girls made sure she doesn’t get up from her seat until such time the ceremony would begin, or whenever she needed assistance to go to the restroom.

She kept repeating this mantra she just came up with along with these ridiculously funny hand gestures. Her unnies and Krystal couldn’t let this moment pass by, so they did their best to have each second captured on cam.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Mrs. Seo was busy comforting her husband who has been sobbing since their daughter stepped inside the room in her wedding dress.

            “Aigoo. I knew this would happen. I thought you said you’d be at peace on her wedding day?” she husband.

            “WAAAH! I didn’t know it’d be this hard! My baby, our princess is going to get married! I’m no longer the most important man in her life! Waaah! It feels like it was only yesterday when she just started walking and now I have to hand her over to another man! Waaah!”

            “Can you please calm down for a minute? The wedding is about to start and I haven’t had my time to play the part of an emotional mother!”

                This only resulted in more sobbings. The entourage found the scene really cute. Just then, Sunhwa announced that the ceremony is about to start.

            Finally. This is it.

HIS POV:

 

All I could think about, as I was marching down the aisle, was her. With each step I take towards the altar, the excitement and nervousness in my heart grew. I walked with my head held high, and my cheek bursting smile. I want the rest of the world to know how happy and proud I am, to be the man Seo Joohyun chose to marry. I could feel my tears stinging the corner of my eyes. I blinked several times and willed myself to be strong enough to finish this walk.

            My umma was a little bit emotional and she was so close to crying, but appa was the first to let out a sob. Umma and I took turns patting his back and I knew everyone else found this scene cute. Aigoo,appa. Such a show stealer.

            The rest of the entourage marched down the aisle. I could feel my impatience growing. My best man, Lee Jonghyun, whispered,

            “Don’t worry hyung. She’ll come out soon.”

I could hear him chuckle lightly as he turned his attention back to the maid of honor and winked at her. Aish. These two! The rest of the bridesmaids took their time marching down the aisle. They even paused to take a picture!

My sisters were the most brutal of them all as they bid their time and even looked my way to wink and stuck their tongue out at me. Aish! Jinja! They knew my patience was running on thin ice and they are enjoying every minute of my torment. I glared at them and tried to signal that they walk faster but they did the opposite thing. Jungshin and Minhyuk only made this worse. These two punks!

                “Sooyeon and Soojung…can you please hurry up so my bride can enter? You can have your pictures taken after the ceremony!” I hissed at them, the smile never leaving my face. The audience laughed and I could hear them join in the teasing. Even the pastor looked very much amused with the events.

The flowers and cloth that decorated the aisle automatically moved to the side as it gave way for the transformation. Gold, precious stones, and diamonds (none of it were real; I just wanted the sparkly/bling bling effect, and thankfully, Hyun agreed to my suggestion) lined up the side of the aisle which was now comprised of LED screens (the same type of technology often used for Gayo stages).

With the first step she took, the path lit up. The aisle lit up with images or video clips of the milestones in our life as a couple, in chronological order– the first meeting, other moments in high school, prom, the missing years, reuniting at the GA, official & BTS shots from the romcom movies, the Black & White Party, reuniting in Verona, variety show guestings, the meet cute, the date, the serenades, the 11th day event, other photos when we became a couple, the proposals, and everything else that led to this moment.

The tears kept flowing as she was nearing the place where I stood. Finally, she was standing right in front of me. My beautiful, beautiful, bride. Her father’s hand was shaking as he handed her to me. There was a moment of humor as abeoji refused to let go of Joohyun’s hand.

“I’m entrusting her to you. Take care of my princess, Yonghwa-yah. Treat her as your queen.”

“I will, abeoji. I promise I’ll do that for the rest of my life. Thank you for giving her to me.”

He turned towards his daughter and smiled. I could see Joohyun try her best to fight back her tears. I reached out my hand to hers and together, we took our first step to face our future.

 

HER POV:

 

All I could think about as I stood at the end of the entourage was him. I could no longer hide the excitement and nervousness that I feel. I could hear everyone else teasing me, and I knew I was blushing madly. Umma was still busy comforting appa. Before the music began, I gave them one last warning:

            “You can stop and pause for a picture as soon as you enter but after that, make sure to walk faster!”

            They kept laughing as they waved their hands and said,

            “Aigoo. The bride is just as anxious and impatient as the groom! Kyeopta!”

            “I’m serious! Yah, all of you. This isn’t a photoshoot, or some fashion runway, ok? There’s no need to strut in the aisle and pose as if you’re modeling some clothes.”

            “Don’t worry, Hyunnie. You’ll be with your nampyeon soon.” they smiled and one by one they entered the church.

            I could monitor the events from the screen that was outside, but the cameraman is damn cruel because he made sure that the groom’s face is hidden from my view. I knew there’s another camera which captured a different angle, but I also knew that Shindong and Heechul oppa probably turned it off so I couldn’t see Yong oppa just yet.

How many times did I remind them that this isn’t a photoshoot? Aish, jinja! Do they think they’re walking on the moon? What’s with the slow, unhurried steps?! If only I had a remote control, I’d fast forward the events until my turn to walk down the aisle has arrived. Since this is real life and our friends are enjoying the teasing, I had no other choice but to patiently wait. Key word: Patience.

                Sica unnie and Krystal! I knew this would happen! Who said Yong oppa is the only choding in the house? Just you wait until your weddings. I heard Yong oppa’s voice but I still couldn’t see his face. Instead, the camera angle focused on the audience and the rest of the entourage.

After what felt like a lifetime, the lights suddenly changed and the doors were opened. This is it. I could feel my knees shaking and my nerves threatening to take control of me. My umma gave me a reassuring smile, and so did appa.

I smiled back at them before I shifted my gaze towards the man standing on the opposite end. I could feel air being out of my lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter