CHAPTER 30 THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL DATE TAKE 2

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HER POV:

            Today is the the 7th day of our courtship. I’ve been really stressed lately with juggling my career and preparing for the 11th day event. I checked my watch. It’s 5:02pm. I need to go get ready. Yonghwa oppa will be here in an hour. I was tempted to call in one of my unnies to help me out but Yong oppa made it clear that no one should know about today’s date.

In fact, he was very specific about what I should wear, how I should style my hair, what bag I should use, etc etc. I didn’t think much of it as I follow his orders now. I was done applying my lip gloss and checked my reflection to see if I look ok…and that’s when it hit me. I look almost exactly as I did during prom night. My mind was too preoccupied and that’s why I only noticed it now. I was trying to get lost in the nostalgia when I heard the doorbell ringing.

            As soon as I opened the door, the smile that greeted me made my heart melt. I smiled back at him as I invited him inside. I did a quick survey of his get up and realized that he too, was dressed in a similar manner as he did during our senior prom.

            “I’m having a major déjà vu moment here.” I said.

            “I know. I’m experiencing the same thing.”

            We took a minute to get used to this feeling and afterwards, we both laughed. He took a corsage out of his pocket (again, almost a perfect replica of what he brought the last time) and placed it on my wrist.

            “Shall we?” he said as he offered his arm.

            “Lead the way.” I answered back as I linked my arm in his.

            He kept telling me to be quiet and discreet. Why does he not want anyone to know that we are going out tonight? He keeps looking in every direction and would halt whenever he thinks one of our friends is within close distance.

            “Why are we sneaking around?” I asked.


            “We’re not sneaking around. We’re just being careful.” He replied quietly and placed his finger on his lips as if to silence me.

            “But why? Yah, oppa, you’re not planning on kidnapping me or something are you?!” my voice echoed in the hallways.

            “Kidnap?! No! Sssh! Keep your voice low. We can’t risk letting any of them follow us.”

            “Fine.”  I shut my mouth and decided to just go with the flow.

            We made our way towards the parking lot in the opposite building. I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw the car.


            He chuckled.

            “Yes it is. I had a hard time tracking this down but good thing that Ken harabeoji’s grandson is a CN fan, a Jonghyun fan to be exact; he says he wants to play the guitar as good as Jong does. I met him during one of our concert events and then there goes. I insisted to pay him for the rent but he just told me I shouldn’t worry about it and just have fun. Like prom night.”

            I was really overwhelmed. So this is why he didn’t want anyone else to know. We are re-living our first unofficial official date. That secret date on prom night. The one that only the two of us know about. I got into the car and I didn’t have to ask where we were going because in my heart, I already knew.

 

HIS POV:

            I’ve been having a hard time keeping my plan a secret. Our friends kept bothering me about the next step of the courtship event since that date. I told them that I was still thinking about it, but the truth was, I was busy tracking down that vintage car we used during prom night.

            “So I was thinking…you should write a letter and then…” (Yoona)

            “No! that’s too boring. I think this sounds even better…” (Yuri)

            “What should they wear then?” (Tiffany)

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter