CHAPTER 40 THE FOREVER KIND OF COUPLE

Redefining Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HER POV:

 

            “Seo Joohyun, will you be my forever kind of girl? Will you…will you marry me?”

            He looked at me expectantly. The room was filled with nothing but silence. If I tried hard enough, I swear I could hear the sound of my heart beating fast. This is it. I opened my mouth and was ready to jump into his arms as soon as I said my answer.

 

       “NO.”

 

       

 

 

     …………………………………………………………….

 

           

 

 

……………………………………………………………..

 

 

 

            ……………………………………………………………..

 

 

            ……………………………………………………………..

 

 

 

 

            ……………………………………………………………

 

 

 

 

 

            More silence. Why is everybody looking at me like that? Did I say something wrong?

 

 

 

 

            …………………………………………………………...

 

 

 

 

            I repeated our conversation in my head:

 

            “Seo Joohyun, will you be my forever kind of girl? Will you…will you marry me?”

“NO.”

 

 

 

            Oh alright. So that’s what I said. Wait…repeat..rewind… NO.?

 

 

 

            O_O

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            O_O

 

 

 

 

 

 

            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

            What did I just say? NO? NO?!!!!! NO?!!!! DID I JUST TELL HIM NO?!!! NO!!!! I MEAN, YES!!! I was going to say YES!!

 

What have you done, Seo Joohyun?!! How the hell did that word come out of your mouth instead of YES?! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!

 

            “Ey..i was just joking. Haha! Ask me again oppa.” I was just joking? WTH?! And what’s with the forced and fake laughter? You’re making it a lot worse, Seo Joohyun! ARRGGHHHH!!!

            He got up angrily and yelled at me.

            “JOKE?!!! YAH! YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE?! You’re so cruel, Seo Joohyun! Did you not know how that would make me feel? How it actually felt hearing you say NO?!!! AISH!” he pulled his hair out and walked farther from where I stood.

            “Oppa..”

            I tried to coax him back. I could see everyone shaking their heads and sighing. Obviously, no one expected this to happen. Heck, even I didn’t.

            “Don’t “oppa” me. Hmp!”

            He turned his back on me and sulked in a corner. Aigoo. Yong Choding.

            “Yonghwa-yah…”

            “GO AWAY.”

            “You don’t mean that.” I .

            “You’re right.” He confirmed. How can he be so cute?

            “Oppa…I’m sorry. I’m just as nervous as you are. I didn’t mean to hurt you or to play a prank on you..i don’t even know why that came out instead of the answer I was really going to give you…so please..can you face me and ask me that question again? Please?” I went to his side and tried to do aegyo.

            “SHIRO!”

            I smiled and tried to call him again. Aigoo, Yong Choding. How can you look so cute and irresistible? I helped him to his feet but he still refused to meet my gaze. I dragged a chair and placed it in the center, the same spot where I stood when he sang to me. I motioned for him to take a seat but he was stubborn.

“If I were you, I’d sit down. Did you know how hard it was for me to remain standing when you keep making me swoon with that song? I’m being considerate to you oppa, so be a good boy and sit.”

             He muttered his complaints but he obeyed me nonetheless. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before making my way towards the piano. I talked to the band and choir and told them about my plan. I’ve always wanted to do this for the man who would ask to marry me. I knew I had to. I wanted to.

“You two..aish…there’s always a glitch in the perfect plan, but mwolla. Let’s just do this so that the namja over there would stop having his temper tantrums. You two are really daebak. There’s always a reversal. Hahahaha!” Joon oppa said.

            “Whoa. You’re daebak. I never knew you’d do this, maknae. Rejecting his proposal and trying to pacify him with a song. Yongseo bubu is really cute!” Hyoyeon unnie teased me. They asked for a last minute run down of the plan before we decided that it’s time to go with it.

            I sat down in front of the piano and gave them their cue. This is it.

 

I’ve avoided saying it for a long time,

Telling you to wait

Saying the time will come

If you wait a little longer,

Someday

 

I could see Yong oppa trying so hard to maintain a passive face but of course, he is failing. Big time. Even the audience had this mixture of curiosity, confusion, and excitement all over their faces.

 

As I know

Exactly what you want

to hear from me

As I know how long you’ve been

Waiting for

 

            Never once did my eyes leave his and I could see his tears were threatening to fall. The lyrics of the song couldn’t be any more perfect for this moment.

You don’t have to cry

Please don’t cry

Please raise your head

And now smile

 

I will make you smile

I’ll only give you happiness

I’ll be by your side

Always and forever

 

Don’t be afraid

Everything will be fine

 

HIS POV:

 

            Is this really happening? Am I hearing this right? My Seo Joohyun is responding to my song by singing another one that has to do with proposing? I could feel my tears forming. I am so overwhelmed. First, out of nervousness. Second, because of her accidental rejection/joke, and third, because she’s doing the same thing for me as I did for her. I tried to even out my breath as I continued to listen to her.

Thank you

for believing in me and

for waiting for me

My love

           

There’s something that

I’d like to say first

Before saying sorry to you

            I could feel that the lyrics are the actual words she wanted to tell me. I hope I don’t faint when she sings that line..please..How can a namja pass out on a moment such as this?

Something that

I wanted to tell

Only to you

Something that

I could not say to you so far…

            Be strong, Jung Yonghwa. Try not to cry like a baby. Just shed manly tears. Be calm. You can do this. It’s just some song’s lyrics. Just lyrics…yes…nothing to feel so overwhelmed about…relax. I looked into her eyes the exact moment she uttered that line of the song:

 

Will you please marry me?

 

            I can’t take it anymore. To hell with pride and trying to maintain this cold city guy/aura of mystery/charismatic CNBLUE leader image! I’ll worry about how I look like in those photos or videos later on. This is the real thing. This is how a man would react when the first and last love of his life is proposing to him through a song. Boys don’t cry but real men do..and by the amount of tears brought about by my ugly sobbing, I think I have proven myself man enough.

You don’t have to cry

Please don’t cry

Please raise your head

And now smile

How can she ask me not to cry? Granted, those are the song’s lyrics, but really. Aish. Seo Joohyun..i’ll never be able to get used to the effect you have on me.

 

I will make you smile

Yes I will

I’ll only give you happiness

I’l be by your side

Always and forever

 

Don’t be afraid

Everything will be fine

 

            Yes, everything will be fine. I wiped my tears but it’s no use. It just won’t stop. Aish. Can this not halt for a minute? I want to focus on my future wife’s face. I want this moment to be engraved in my memory.

 

I know your tears you shed

While waiting for me

I’ll give you back

All your love

            What’s there to give back, Hyun? You choosing me despite it all is more than enough. This girl. I can’t..it’s impossible for me to hold back my tears no matter how many times she’d sing that line to me.

 

You don’t have to cry

Please don’t cry

Please raise your head

And now smile

 

I will make you smile

I’ll only give you happiness

I’l be by your side

Always and forever

 

Don’t be afraid

Everything will be fine

 

The song ended but my tears won’t stop. I could barely see the light sticks (pink, blue, yellow) lit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter