46th chapter (Be with me...)

20 days with the arrogant jerk (오만 바보와 이십일)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Remind me never to go on a vacation with him ever again" - Jung Somin  "Aissh, going to a vacation with that clingger? thanks alot mom." - Kim Hyung Joong 46th chapter (Be with me...)   (Kim Hyung Joong’s POV)

                 “Doctor Kim Hyung Joong sshi, at a time like that, I don’t think we can say that it surely is for sure Pulmonary Embolism. Hence we assumed it would be and we took a precaution to it.” she replied to me and I wrapped my arms around my chest and nodded my head.

                 I looked at the ECG they took and stared at it. I smirked slightly at something I found from it. “In that case, Doctor Jung, I assume you have seen this.” I walked up to the screen and pointed out a dark blob.

                 She furrowed her eyes and stared at it surprised. “That’s…” she couldn’t continue it making me nod my head. “Yes, it's what you are thinking doctor Jung. It’s a tumor. A tumor has been formed ladies and gentleman. We need an urgent surgery right away due to it. If the tumor is gonna be there for a long time, her life is at risk.” My reply made someone scream from the audience.

                 “Jung sunbae, you promised.” That guy cried out causing Sara to bite her lower lips and to bow to me before walking up to him. “We will do the surgery tonight since it’s really urgent. I prefer the doctor in charge for this patient to be my assistance for this surgery.” My reply made Sara to scoff.

                 “Chief Kim, I doubt if Chief Kyu said about anything you doing this surgery.” Sara’s reply made me smile. “I think I have the right to do this surgery. After all, Doctor Jung I’m also part of the pediatrics surgical team.” I replied making her bite her lower lips almost in anger.

                 “I’m sorry for interrupting like this ladies and gentleman.” I apologized causing the upper holders to applaud me and to compliment me for what I did. “Doctor Jung, if Chief Kim didn’t found out the tumor today, you will be causing a surgical accident and you know that don’t you?” CEO Jung stood up from his seat and turned to her causing her to bow her head down.

                 “I’m sorry, It won’t happen again.” she replied causing the CEO Jung to simply clear his throat before letting other departments to speak about their situations. I walked up to sit next to Hyung and saw Sara biting her lower lips till it bleed. I let out a sigh. I shouldn't have done that. I can't believe her dad scolded her for a silly mistake like that. But it can't be silly when the patient dies, cause of a mistake us doctors make now right? I believe I made the right choice this time. 

                 I walked out from the conference room and followed Sara. “Doctor Jung, please meet me at my office.” I said to her as I passed by her who let out a scoff. “Do come when I’m asking you nicely.” My reply made her hoobaes and also mine to chuckle.

                 Sara let out a sigh and huffed in anger before following me into my office. I grabbed off my coat and hung it on the coat hanger and sat on the chair that was specifically for me. “Have a seat.” I smiled at her as she walked to the couch and sat there. I nodded my head.

                 “Can I know why I’m being called here Chief Kim?” she asked me politely and I felt like we have distanced. I stood up and walked up to her and sat in front of her on the coffee table making her drop her stare to the ground.

                 “It’s because I missed you.” I replied causing her to let out a sigh in more of a disbelieved way. “Chief Kim, I believe we haven’t met before.” I saw her gulping down some air before telling me that. I scoffed at her. She was playing hard I guess.

                 “If you have nothing more to say, I’ll take my leave.” She stood up to leave causing me to grab her hand from leaving and to push her to the door and locked the door. “You know what Sara, it’s been a while since I have met you and I was hoping you won’t be playing hard to get me.” I replied to her making her look straight into my eyes with tears.

                 She was trying her best to pull away from me though it didn’t happen. I was holding onto her hand so roughly and then I realized that she was crying cause of it. Letting go of her hand I looked at her who kept on ignoring my eyes.

                 “I don’t have anything to say to you Kim Hyung Joong. I would really prefer if you would get over me now and just go on with our work like just work colleges. No more, I won’t ask you for more than that. Bye Kim Hyung Joong.” She replied to me softly before pushing me away from her and walked out from the office.

                 I literally ruffled my hair in anger and locked the door before I slumped onto the couch. I wasn’t expecting my rough side to be shown to her. Why did I even do that? Letting out a sigh, I closed my eyes hoping that this all was a dream.

                 Until, I was brought back to reality by my phone’s beep. I grabbed my phone which was on the coffee table and swiped the screen in order to see who texted me.

 

From: Mom

To: Hyung Joong

Son! I heard you got a great opportunity by the help of Sara’s father

Is everything alright there? I hope you are eating well and doing well

Father asked if you are happy about everything back in Korea

We will go back soon; since your noona is gonna get married very soon

We are waiting for the invitation cards to be ready. Alright I’ll see you soon, son. Love you dear.

 

                 Letting out a sigh, I smiled at the text from mom. She cared and loved Sara a lot. I remember how much she literally pushed me towards her hoping we would end up marrying and dating. I chuckled at my thoughts until I heard a knock on my office.

                 Keeping my phone on the coffee table, I walked to the door to unlock it and open it. “Yes?” I asked the girl who was in front of me. She was smiling brightly and passed me a file. “Ah yes, the patient’s result right?” I asked her causing her to nod her head. I smiled as I took it from her.

                 “Why don’t you come on in?” I asked her causing her to walk in when I open it for her. “Well, the RBC and WBC are back to normal. We will do the surgery as we scheduled. That’s all for now.” I replied as I passed her the file causing her to bow down before walking away.

                 “Ah, give me a minute. Can I know your name?” I asked her causing her to turn towards me. “Park Soo Young.” She replied causing me to smile. “Doctor Park, can you let all the doctors in Pediatrics department, that there will be a treat from me to all the doctors?” I replied causing her to nod her head.

                 “Ah, and please tell them that it’s a must to come as well.” I replied to her with a smile causing her to bite her lower lips while smiling. She nodded her head and walked out of the office. I chuckled at her innocence and tried to work slightly. 

 

(Jung Somin’s POV)

                 I barged into my dad’s office. “DAD!” I cried out who was already having a talk with Kim Sunbae and Director Park. “Aigoo, I think my eardrums ran off cause of that high pitch scream.” At that serious time even he tried to be slightly serious.

                 “Why wasn’t I known about this?” I asked him as I sat on the couch which was across the couch where Director Park and Kim Sunbae was sitting. Dad chuckled and turned to Kim Sunbae who shrugged it off. “You didn’t ask me his name or anything so I didn’t bother to tell you.” his ‘innocent’ reply almost made all the Goosebumps to crawl under my skin.

                 “AISSH! Dad!” I cried out causing dad to become slightly serious. “It was your mom’s idea to let him work here. Mrs. Kim asked your mom to let him work here since he came back.” dad’s reply was simply short, and I felt there was something he wasn’t te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter