42nd chapter (I'm scared to see you..)

20 days with the arrogant jerk (오만 바보와 이십일)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Remind me never to go on a vacation with him ever again" - Jung Somin  "Aissh, going to a vacation with that clingger? thanks alot mom." - Kim Hyung Joong 42nd chapter (I'm scared to see you..)  

(Jung Somin’s POV)

                 “You are early.” Why do I have to get a freaking comment like that from Kyu sunbae and worst right now? Urgh, I totally hate him when he does that. I turned around to face him with a weak smile. “Is something wrong?” he asked me as I smiled at him not in a usual way.

                 “I’m fine, probably lack of sleep.” I replied making him smile at me sympathetically. “Hang in there. The board meeting will be held soon, maybe by then your dad-” “No, he won’t.” I replied as I walked past him.

                 It made him follow me. “Yah, Sara ah, why do you always think negatively?” sunbae asked me making me turn to face him. “She got the negativity from her best friend.” that familiar voice made me smile. I haven’t seen her for a long time, and now seeing her made almost all the worries to go away easily.

                 I turned to see Hannah facing me in her y layer suit with the luxurious bag on her shoulder. I shook my head as I saw her like that. “Yah, are you trying to be Victoria secret, or are you trying to be an innocent lawyer?” I asked her making her shrug.

                 “Take a break, when we get an emergency patient I’ll let you know okay?” Sunbae patted my back before leaving me behind with her. “What?” I turned to face Hannah which she kept on wiggling her eye brows as if it’s the end of the world.

                 “No, and I meant that. I know what you are exactly thinking so make sure you forget that thought of yours would you?” I said to her making her let her shoulder droop down. “Hey come on’, I didn’t say anything.” She cried out making me shrug and shook my head continuously until she stopped it.

                 “Here” I kept a can of sparkling water on the table in front of Hannah as I made myself comfortable with a caffeine can. “Coffee? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you slept comfortably Jung Sara?” oh god, here she goes again.

                 “I slept 2 days ago, comfortable, thank you very much Lee Hannah Mother.” I replied back in a joking way making her give me a glare. I swear, if glares can kill anyone, by now I would be dead by her laser tic look.

                 “Did you meet up with Dong Joon? Does he know anything about this?” Hannah asked me as she took a sip from her can of sparkling water. Thankfully I didn’t choke on my coffee. I shook my head to say no making her give me another death killing look. God, what is she, Shinigami from the death note?

                 “God, when will you guys go have a comfortable date? When will you guys celebrate your anniversaries? When was the last time you met him for at least a coffee date?” she almost burst out. I swear at times, she is so scary it reminds me of my mom.

                 “I honestly don’t know when the last time we met was even. Come on’ Hannah, we all are busy with our lives.” I replied to her making her let out a sigh. “Yea I know that, we all are busy, but we, us, we at least make time for each other to have a simple quality time. But you can’t find time to have a quality time with your boy friend even?” she literally cried out at me this time.

                 I let my back rest on the couch. “I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me.” I replied back making Hannah to keep her sparkling water can with a thud on the table. “Oh I know what’s wrong with you Jung Sara! You just can’t forget about that idiotic ex boy friend of yours.” She cried out at me this time.

                 “Yah, we have patients here. Keep your voice down would you?” I replied back at her calmly as I took a sip from my caffeine can. “How can I keep my voice down?” she sneered at me in anger. Letting out a sigh, she took a sip from her can of sparkling water.

                 “When you finally got a great guy, I was hoping you would hold onto him. But I think you still can’t forget about him.” Hannah spoke up as if she knew how I felt. I didn’t know why, but I felt pissed off yet I didn’t let my anger out.

                 If both of us get angry, only one way would be able to make our anger go away. And that would be Ryan. And we don’t have him right now so I decided to keep the anger inside me.  

                 “Hannah, it’s not as easy as popping a balloon okay?” I reminded her that as I stood up to leave. “It’s late, you should be getting home. Go get some rest.” I said to her before turning to leave. “We are not done with this conversation Jung Sara. I wanna talk to you about it.” she said to me as she stood up to stop me from leaving.

                 I turned to face her. “Hannah, I’m really not in the mood to talk. Dong Joon, well he is working his off to become a celebrity. Do you think we can be together when he become one?” I asked her making her stay quiet for a while.

                 For the past 7 years, it was the first time I had to come across tears, due to relationship stuffs. I was happy with Dong Joon, but honestly it wasn’t sincere true happiness. I was honestly suffocating. I never loved him like I did with Hyung Joong.

                 “I’m sorry baby. I’m so sorry.” She whispered as she walked up to me to hug me. I know that she want me to be happy, and I’m even though I keep my sadness inside me while I plaster a fake smile on my face.

                 “I’m sorry okay? I never meant to say that.” She replied back at me making me smile through the tears. “It’s okay, you should head back home. And go to your boy friend for god’s sake.” I replied to her with a chuckle making her scowl.

                 “Aissh, that jerk is worth getting a beat from me honestly.” She replied to me making the both of us to burst into laughter. “I’ll see you soon right?” she asked me making me nod my head. As she walked out of the hospital leaving me behind I felt somewhat happy and felt that a huge burden was taken off my shoulder.

                 “Code Pink! Code Pink!” as soon as I heard the announcement on the speakers, I had to curse slightly before running to the 5th floor where the newborn unit was situated. I saw a man with a baby on his hand and a woman in her late 20’s crying and begging.

                 “Sir, please don’t do this.” I saw Kyu sunbae trying his best to calm the man down. “No, I won’t let that happen, this child is mine. I gave my to you, you .” He cried out at the mother who was already kneeling on the floor.

                 I made my way through and stopped Kyu sunbae. “Does he have any weapon on him?” I whispered to him making him nod his head. “Contact the security guards, and get a doctor with a tranquilizer.” I whispered to Kyu sunbae.

                 “Are you nuts? He has a baby, and we are not sure if he has a weapon on him or not? Don’t take any risks, Sara.” Kyu sunbae sneered at me making me turn to him and give him a slight look. “Do you want him to leave with the baby while we fight over this situation sunbae?” asking him that simple question made him stop and to give a look at the nurses behind us.

                 I nodded my head to assure them it’s alright. I walked up to him slowly making him take slow steps backwards. He was stuttering and the baby was crying so loudly.

                 “Step back, you better do that or else, I’ll kill myself from any object I find from here.” He threatened me making me smile at him. “Sir, can I ask you a question? Will you really take the baby from its mother, who needs a mother’s love and care for a while?” the question I asked made him stop on his steps.

                 “Would you rather let your baby die from hunger? The baby is crying, the baby needs the mother for now. Please give the baby to me.” I tried to soothe him down when he grabbed a knife from his back pockets of his jeans making everyone gasp except me.

                 I figured he would do something like that. “Step back, I’ll kill the baby first, and then I’ll kill myself.” he kept on telling me that making the mother to scream and cry hysterically. For the first time in these 7 years, I felt pain in my chest. It’s been quiet long since it hasn’t happened to me.

                 “I know you won’t do that sir. It’s a great loss for you if you do that sir.” I kept on repeating him until he smirked at me. “No, I will never do that.” He replied to me as he took his knife to stab the baby which made me run and let myself be stabbed on the shoulder of mine.

                 “Doctor Jung!” I heard Kyu sunbae calling out for me. Thankfully I took the baby into my hands, and by then the security came by and shot him with a tranquilizer. I felt myself being dizzy. He stabbed me twice on the same spot of the shoulder probably.

                 “Sofia!” the mother cried out as she took the baby into her arms. She kept on sobbing and crying and kept on thanking me over and over again. Through the pain, I smiled and nodded my head weakly as I kept on holding on to my shoulder due to the pain that shot me every single minute.

                 By then, a stretcher was brought to take me straight to the emergency room to give me the treatments.

 

(Kim Hyung Joong’s POV)

                 I walked into the emergency room of the Seoul Medical University to visit my best friend who apparently got into an accident got himself injured. God, I swear I would literally kill him today when I see him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter