Playing With Fire

Under the Circumstances

Authors Pov:

 

The northern kingdom were by far the most feared kingdom in all the land. Why, you ask? Well what would you do if you were faced by thirteen hot headed prince's that could burn you into a crisp? You'd be afraid, wouldn't you?

The thirteen prince's had no interest in Kitty herself, just her problem. They wanted to help, give her something that could help her change things. Help her make her decision. And it was up to her on how she'd use it. 

Hence why when the youngest of the brothers, Yano she believed his name was, gave her a dial she was absolutely confused. After a quiet discussion she learned what it could do, and how it could help her. Dragons were always known for their use of magic.

For five days she played with the dial, staring into the clear orb around it as it showed her images, things she could change if she simply twisted it three times and thought of a specific memory. She could change history with this dial. Testing it a few times she started with the time when she was little and tripped, moving the rock she had tripped on and then she was back. She never tripped. Her tail was now no longer bent. 

After that she only observed from the sidelines, not wanting to change something important. 

And finally she went back to the ball after a day of thinking, planning what she would do until she came to the perfect conclusion. 

But she had to do this right because she'd get no other chances. 

Turning the dial three times she thought of the ball, of the moment she took a sip of the wine. Instead of saving herself she waited until she was in her own room, writing a note for herself before placing it in her hand.

Into the garden she went. Now she understood why Jonghyun wasn't there to save her. He was still in the garden. 

For a long time she wandered, trying to find him until she saw him back by the pond. He was still oblivious to the news. She tapped his shoulder, making him jump and turn. Jonghyun relaxed when he saw it was her, but he also wondered why she had changed clothes.

Before he could ask she kissed him, pulling him by his tie and kissing him like she had that one day. Before whispering "Take care of me and make this decision easy." Turning she disappeared. He tried to follow but she was already gone. 

The note she had written had eight simple words yet with so much meaning.

You were in love with the wrong man.

---

When Kitty reopened her eyes she wasn't alone in her bedroom. No, she was getting fitted. In a white dress. And a veil. Also her mother was crying and saying how she wished she looked as beautiful as she did on her wedding day.

"What?" Kitty said, looking back at her mother before examining the dress. It truly was beautiful. Yet it was also simple. She could only think of one person who would appreciate that combination. It had worked.

 Kitty jumped when someone knocked on the door, already knowing it was Jonghyun as he said "Knock, knock!" Before trying to poke his head in. Yet he didn't get far before her mother was batting him out, yelling at him for how it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride. Laughing quietly to herself she looked in the mirror, the dial gone from her hands. She never got it now so why would she have it?

---

Walking down the aisle was terrifying. What if she tripped, stumbled, fell or something? Yet she got there just fine, her father handing her over to the man she would now marry. Quickly she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, casting one last glance at him before he went back to his seat.

And then it started. She said her vows, as did Jonghyun until they sealed it with a kiss. Luckily no one interrupted the ceremony. Both of them smiled in to the kiss, pressing their foreheads together as everyone cheered. Faintly she could hear Jonghyun whisper "I love you my princess."

Just as quietly she whispered back "I love you my dino." Their tails swirled together, a symbol of love and that they were in love. 

Kitty was glad of her decision.

She hadn't noticed the people in the way back, all with content smiles on their faces.

"So this is what she chose to do with it." One of them said to the others. They all nodded in approval before another, the only currently playing with the dial spoke. He was the eldest and had hair dark as night.

"I love happy endings."

 

THE END