Wrong Cup

Under the Circumstances

Kitty's Point of View

Same moment

D.o patted my hand that was placed on his inner elbow as the door opened when he noticed my nervousness.

"Everythings going to be fine, you look amazing." He said as the trumpets ceased and was filled with applause as we entered the ballroom. People congratulated us and patted him on the back while others complemented me on my dress. He had his heart shaped smile as he lead me through the crowd, while I smiled shyly and nodded at the crowd, still a nervous wreck. When we reached the front of the steps we turned and my parents stood from their thrones. 

Everyone was given a glass, all of them white. It was tradition that the newly engaged would have a silver and a gold cup. I looked across the crowd and saw Minyoung pass the tray to the cup bearer. My mother began her speech and we all looked up at her listening intently. That was the one thing about my mother, no matter how eccentric or overexcited she gets she still knows how to command a crowds attention. Every one raised their glasses and toasted us. Finally it was time for the final toast.

The cup bearer brought the tray closer and suddenly I smelled something, something so faint that no one else would have noticed. I wouldn't even have noticed if Jonghyun hadn't made me practice my senses,especially smell, all those times and all those lessons ago. Suddenly it hit me. Buckleberry poison. I looked over at my engaged with alarm. In the gold cup, in D.O'S cup. Before he could even extend his hand to grab the gold cup I snatched it. He smiled at me with confusion in his eyes and took the silver cup. I closed my eyes and drank.

When I opened my eyes nothing happened at first.

I waited

And waited.

Talking and laughter filled the room, like everything was completely fine.

Then suddenly it felt like everything shifted.

The light started to become darker and the world around me began to spin and I felt like I was falling. No I felt like I was drowning. Fatigue hit me hard in waves and I could hear people calling my name, but it was too dissorted by the black water that seemed to be surrounding me. I caught glimpses of the world aboove the water. D.o's face streaked with tears, Minho yelling out orders, Onew looking at me with regret, Key and Taemin huddled together staring in horror, my mother burying her face in my fathers chest, Minyoung apologizing over and over, and finally Jonghyuns face colored in pain as he said unknown words that were blocked by the water surrounding my ears. I wanted to take that pain away but a wave hit me and pulled me under for the slightest second washing his face away. I tried to swim back up but I only caught a few final seconds above. And with those few final second the only thing I caught was the gold cup fallen over and it's remains spilled over the marble floor. But it was enough for me to close my eyes and let the blackness consume me, leaving the world above the water. 

 

-I know this chapter was sad....but it's not finished yet!!! Also sorry if the chapters too short!!!! So did you guys like the fact that Kitty sacrificed herself for D.o??? Was this ending too sad??? I just have the epiloge and maybe one or two chapters left then it's finished!!!! I loved writing this story and thank you to all of my subbies for subscribing!!!!!!! Should I perhaps make a sequel??? Thank you for reading!!!! Comment, subscribe, check out my other stories, or whatever floats your boat!!!!! Lots of love xoxo