Masked Figures

Under the Circumstances

Baekhyuns Point of View:

When I looked up at the five standing siblings my eyes imediately went to Kitty. It seems that her brothers were trying to make a kind of barrier around her, two of them slightly in front of her and the other two at her sides, but they tried to make it look natural by converseing with her and eachother. Hmm looks like asking her to dance is forbidden. Tao shifted from side to side slightly casting glances at the five. What's his problem? I could see Kitty scan the crowd and when her eyes met mine she sent a death glare. Figures considering what I said the first day, but then again how would she know it's me? Her tallest brother and her loudest brother must of followed her gaze because they too were now sending me the death glare. I quickly adverted my gaze and focused on my glass of champagne. Darn me and my big mouth. But surprisingly when I looked at her again her gaze was softer and curious. She grabbed her brothers hands and they imediately looked at her. What are they doing? She took a step forward and her brother on her left, Minho judgeing by the hair color, grabbed her wrist. They looked at with an intense knowing in their eyes, Minho then lowered his arm and let her pass. They all watched as she walked down the steps, lowering herself onto the main floor. Her maid Minyoung was imediately at her side as she scanned the crowd again.

"Hyung you might as well ask her to dance or are you just going to stare at her for the rest of the night?" Chanyeol said smirking. I laughed then shook my head. I glaced back at where Kitty was standing on the other side of the room only to find her gone. I searched through the crowd and saw her speaking with my parents and by the way my fathers' face was lit up I could see he was amazed at something. Chanyeol smiled at me.

"Fine." I sighed and started making my way through the crowds of people. When I came over my father was practically hugging her.

"Now you're sure you parents will allow it?" He asked her. she smiled at him charmingly.

"Of course, I mean our native flowers have plenty of medical uses and since you're our sister kingdom i'm sure they'd be able to help with your problem, and don't worry about competition between your species and ours, they hardly need any sunlight or anything really, they just need a place to grow and they will." She said confidently. My mother noticed I was waiting and she practically threw her hands up in the air.

"Baekhyun, Kitty is amazing I mean she's so smart and so pretty!" She examined holding her hand lovingly. Kitty giggled and replied.

"Thank you your majesty, but honestly i'm the one who should be talking about you." My mother looked at her lovingly and with pure admiration. She must have remembered why we came to this kingdom in the first place because of th enext thing she said.

"Kitty this is my son Baekhyun." My mother she said gesturing to me. I bowed, she looked at me surprised and looked at my mother with confusion. "Oh I forgot, we have different customs, um in our kingdom bowing is used as a greeting." My mother said. Realization washed over Kittys' face.

"Oh i'm sorry." She said clumsily bowing back.

"Perhaps you two should discuss the different customs in our kingdoms." My father suggested. She smiled at me and I shyly smiled back at her. I offered her my arm and she took it and I began leading her away from my parents where we stopped at the end of a long table. We both looked at eachother and imediately turned away, both of us now shy.

"So...um in your kingdom...do you..i mean what is bowing.. used for?" I said shyly. Why the heck am I so shy in front of her I mean she's only a girl...

"Bowing is a sign of respect and well you only really do it to someone in a higher status than you, that's why I was a little surprised when you bowed." I pondered this and then realized something.

"So am I the first person person you've ever had to bow to?" I asked. She blushed and nodded. Wow well that's stangely satisfying. "So what do you do as a greeting?" She smiled.

"All we do is nod at the person or say hello." I looked at her.

"That's it?" she smiled and nodded again. I looked down at her hands which were now clenching and unclenching a piece of her dress, and noticed that her nails were now pink. I furrowed my brow then asked "Did you paint your nails again or.." she looked down.

"Oh no, my nails change color based on my mood." I looked at her.

"So what are you feeling now?" I asked. she smiled at the ground then looked up again.

"Pink means shy." I laughed a bit. So even their color meanings are different. She giggled a bit and the next thing we knew I wa asking her all types of questions about her and her kingdom laughing and sipping the sparkleing water that the waiters seemed to only serve her and whoever was with her. Then the orchestra started finally started playing. I glanced nerviously around the room when suddenly a figure dressed in all black with bright blonde hair tapped on Kittys shoulder. She turned a bit and her eyes opened wide in surprise.

"Um..Yes?" she said cautiously. He held out a hand for her to place hers in, she glanced back at me with an apologetic smile, then placed her hand in his and let him lead her to the dance floor. It seems we do have one custom that's the same. I thought as i watched them glide across the dance floor. A princess can never say no when someone askes her to dance at a ball.

 

-Hope you enjoyed!!! btw i couldn't stop myself from writing this chapter. AND DON"T FORGET TO MAKE SOME SHIPPING NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! D.O's chapter is coming soon so don't fret my pets (see what i did there). Thank you for reading and lots of love xoxo