Something

Oh, Is it Love?

"You've a place in my heart no one else could have." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Ice Palace 


There's something about waking up in Seunghyun's arms that cannot be rivaled by any other feeling. No fancy mattress could bring the same comfort that you find in lying against his chest, legs tangled with his as you fall into a deep sleep that cannot be otherwise brought on by any level of exhaustion. And certainly no sight would be better to wake up to than his sleeping face.

You've made a home out of him.

So many people had told you before, "You cannot make homes out of human beings," because such an action would only make one vulnerable for pain. And for the longest time, you believed firmly that you would never be foolish enough to give your heart a place in someone else's hands; you never thought you would even find a love worthy of such an act. 

Yet here you were, lying beside this man; this wonderful, funny, gorgeous man who had successfully stolen your heart and kept it in his possession since the moment he first smiled at you. And in exchange, he gave you his own heart to keep and to cherish. Neither of you could help it really, the love that blossomed between you both had wholly blindsided the two of you. But even though it caught you off guard, even though it was always a risk, even though you've had a few bumps in the road you've made together, the love you shared with Seunghyun was one that was stronger and more grand than you could have ever dreamed to have existed. And you knew he would never betray the trust you placed in him.

So when you open your sleepy eyes and find yourself blearily peeking up at Seunghyun's still sleeping face only to think, this is how I want to wake up every morning of my life, you aren't surprised. 

"What are you staring at...?"

You catch the amusement in his tired voice and with a laugh, you shake your head and rest back against him comfortably, "Mm, nothing. Just admiring the view."

There was just something about him--something you never wanted to let go of; something you knew you never would.


Is this---an update? After all this time? Has there finally been...an update?!

Yup! I decided to reminisce about the way I used to write and my absolute horror at my prior writing gave me the drive to try and write some more! Booyah! 

Honestly though, I forgot where I was going with this whole drabble series, I feel like it started off chronologically and sort of died off to the point of "who knows this is just a random moment from your relationship" and badabing badaboom that's what this is. I hope you liked it ! ! 

I'm a bit rusty with my writing still but I'm hoping I'll get back into the swing of it soon.

Anyway, comment maybe?