Meeting HIS Family

Oh, Is it Love?

Oh, now I see where he gets it from...


You woke up only to find yourself wrapped comfortably in Seunghyun's arms, your back against his chest and his chin resting lightly on your shoulder. You smiled sleepily at the position, briefly recalling that thanks to how late it was when everything was over, Seunghyun was allowed to stay the night. You enjoyed a few more moments of peace before a feeling of dread settled itself in your stomach. Today was Christmas day and if Seunghyun was being serious...today was the day you were going to meet his family.

You weren't sure you were quite ready for that. It wasn't that you didn't want to meet his family, because you really did. But your want didn't ease the anxiety you felt.

What if they didn't approve of you?

As if he could hear your thoughts, Seunghyun's arms tightened around your waist and pulled you closer to his body. You laughed a bit at how he could calm you down so easily even when he was asleep. You let all worrying thoughts slip from your mind and settled into Seunghyun's embrace. It was too early to worry about such things. 

Over half an hour later, Seunghyun finally woke up. You felt his eyelashes flutter against the skin of your neck and you smiled, murmuring a quiet, "Merry Christmas, Seungie~"

Seunghyun chuckled lowly and pressed closer to you as he stretched his back. Lacing his fingers and settling them on your stomach he mumbled a  tired, "Merry Christmas," into the crook of your neck. 

You wriggled against him, "Don't go back to sleep! Yah! I'm hungry! Seunghyun!"

Seunghyun groaned and rested his chin on your shoulder, sighing when you glared at him after catching him pouting from the corner of your eye, "Fine," he answered, rolling over onto his back and throwing an arm over his eyes.

You blushed a bit upon noticing the way his shirt had ridden up to reveal the pale skin of his lower stomach. Your blush only increased as your gaze lingered on the exposed band of his boxers.

Your unusual silence didn't go unnoticed by Seunghyun. Realizing the room was too quiet, he peeked from behind his arm and saw where your eyes were staring. He smirked a bit, returned his arm to it's previous place, and adjusted his shirt with a murmur of, "ert," under his breath.

You rolled your eyes at the accusation and turned from him nudging him with your foot, "Takes one to know one", you replied hoping he wouldn't look up and catch your darkening blush. The husky quality his voice gained when it was still thick with sleep had always been a turn-on but you didn't need him to know that.

Eventually you two make your way to breakfast and after an only slightly awkward Christmas breakfast with your brother, father, and boyfriend--you and Seunghyun end up in the living room, snuggled up under a blanket flipping through channels on the TV, "So," Seunghyun drawls while twirling a piece of your hair around his finger, "When do you want heading over to my parent's house?"

You tense, "W-We're really going?" you manage, the previous fear returning tenfold.

Seunghyun blinks owlishly and momentarily stops playing with your hair, "Huh? Of course we are!"

You swallow and shift uncomfortably, "You know...I'm suddenly not feeling well."

Seunghyun's eyes go wide as you attempt to stand from the couch and in the next moment he had secured his arms around your waist and pulled you back onto the couch, "LIAR!" You struggle against his grip but Seunghyun only holds you tighter against him in stubborn reply. You whimper and fall back into his lap with a defeated pout set firmly on your face that Seunghyun frowns at, "I met your parents, don't you think it's about time you met mine?"

You leaned your head back onto his shoulder and exhaled loudly, "I'm just worried..."

Seunghyun's eyebrows furrow as he stares back at you in confusion, "About what?"

"What if they don't like me?"

Seunghyun's eyes soften and presses his lips to your temple, whispering against your skin, "They'll love you. I'm sure of it."

You relax in his arms as he calms you down for the second time that same day.

"...wanna start getting ready?" you murmur with a glance at the clock.

Seunghyun grins, "That's more like it."

As his parent's house comes into you view while you ease into the driveway, your stomach drops and regret fills every cell in your body. Seunghyun takes note of your paling face and reaches over to lace your fingers together, "It's going to be fine, [Name]-ah, quit over thinking everything..." You really want to take his word and relax but you're paranoid as heck despite his efforts.

Seunghyun had to nearly drag you up the steps to the front door, you were so scared. You could tell he was slightly bothered by your unnecessary panic but being the good person he was and remembering how it felt to meet your father and brother he never voiced his opinion. 

He knocked with his free hand and winced when you squeezed his palm with sudden strength, "God, [Name]-ah please!" he whispered, looking over at you pleadingly but you weren't even looking his way--you were staring intently at the door.

When it opened another vicious squeeze of his hand came and Seunghyun had to bite his tongue from yelping out, "Hi...Umma..." he murmured with a half-hearted grin.

But within seconds Seunghyun was pushed aside and you were swept up into his mother's tight embrace, "Oh, you're the cutest little thing, now aren't you??" she squealed, pinching at your cheeks and rubbing your arms. You were stunned into silence and could only stare back at her dumbly, stammering and trying to form words but his mother paid your silence no heed as she examined you further, "Oh Seungie-ah, you found a good one!"

Seunghyun nodded, awkwardly rubbing his neck, "Yeah...I know..."

A new voice entered the conversation, "Annyeong, hyung~"  You peeked over Seunghyun's mother's shoulder and made eye contact with the younger male who stood in the doorway. He looked similar to Seunghyun but was obviously taller--even you could see that from your place on the porch. He eyed you for a moment before turning to Seunghyun, "Hyung...how did you manage to get someone as pretty her?"

Seunghyun blanched and stuttered out some nonsensical words while you blinked, cheeks heating a bit at the awkward situation.

"Oh, so this is the girl we've been hearing so much about, huh?" a new, deeper voice added, you looked up again to find Seunghyun's father standing right behind Sehyun.

Seunghyun's mother nodded enthusiastically, "Isn't she beautiful?" You bowed your head and murmured a soft, 'thank-you' that sent his mother squealing, "She's so polite!!!" she exclaimed, clapping.

You blushed embarrassed at the attention and only calmed when Seunghyun's hand slipped into yours, "Isn't it about time we went inside?" Seunghyun asked.

His mother nodded, "Oh, yes, yes I forgot we were standing out here. C'mon now, it's cold, get inside, you two!"

You laughed lightly along with Seunghyun who held onto your hand reassuringly as he leaned down a bit to whisper in your ear, "Not so bad, right?"

You smiled and nodded, leaning against his arm as you whispered back, "Not so bad...not so bad..."

Turns out Seunghyun was right, that night you were accepted into the Song household wholly and after that, there wasn't anything else that could hold your relationship back.


Oh meh God, guise...AN UPDATE!!! :o 

Shocking, I know...

Yeah, I really meant to update but it wasn't just this story that was lacking...I got distracted, you see...life just got a little bit too busy and I couldn't find the time to do anything anymore. And when I did have the opportunity to write I used it to fulfill requests on my Super Junior series or update my Heechul fanfiction. Ah, I know, I know, no excuses. Sorry, guys...

But I want you all to know that this story is no where near over, even if I don't update for a while, it's not over. Until it says [Completed!] it's not over, okay?

Please don't get mad but I want to get working on updating my other neglected stories so I don't have the time to reply to all your lovely comments but let it be known that they were read and I appreciate every single one.

Also, when I started writing this, it was Christmas Eve and I had intended on finishing this Christmas day if you couldn't tell but obviously that's not what happened OTL I'll keep going though, next chappie will still be 'New Year's Eve/Day' as previously intended. 

Forgive me for how bad this chapter is also, I need to get back into the rhythm of writing~~ ^^;

Please keep on commenting and reading this fanfiction.

It means a lot to me when you guys give feedback, whether it be good or bad.