Meeting Her Father...and Brother

Oh, Is it Love?

So overprotective...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seunghyun was pretty sure he was having a panic attack. He'd been standing in front of your door for an eternity--that was actually only a few minutes--just trying to get himself to raise his hand and knock on the door.

Today he was to formally meet your father.

Seunghyun and you had been together for several months but thanks to your father's job he had been going in and out of the country at unpredictable intervals and whenever he had been home and willing to meet his only daughter's boyfriend, Seunghyun had been out of the country performing with FT Island.

But now they were both here at the same time and the meeting could finally happen...if Seunghyun can bring himself to knock.

Seunghyun ran a hand through his hair and sighed, he had to do this. It was for you and he had to do it. Clearing his throat and wiping his damp hands against the fabric of his pants, he readied himself. And with his heart hammering painfully against his ribs he knocked on the door, half praying no one would be home.

Moments later the swung open to reveal you. You smiled at him, a dangerous, knowing smile that made his stomach flip.

"Hey," he murmured awkwardly, not sure what to do.

"Hey yourself," you replied, taking the initiative and pulling him into a hug, "I missed you..." you whispered against his chest.

He smiled, arms coming to wrap around your small form as he replied, "I missed you too..."

Leaning up, lips brushing his ear, you whispered, "Are you really that nervous that it would take you 5 minutes to remember how to knock~?"

Seunghyun pulled back, face turning pink as he sputtered nonsense at you in an attempt to play it off. You giggled at his poor attempt before taking hold of his hand and tugging him off.

"Oppa~! Appa~! Seunghyun's here~!"

Seunghyun stopped walking, anxiety twisting his stomach as he pulled you back so he could brokenly question you, "O-Oppa!?"

An arm slung itself around his neck and Seunghyun jumped, head snapping around to meet the gleaming eyes of your older brother who had just returned from studying abroad.

"So this is the guy you've been freaking out over, huh?"

You rolled your eyes and stared apologetically at Seunghyun who looked like a scared child. Especially since your brother was a good 4 inches taller than him.

"N-Nice to m-meet you, I'm Song Seunghyun."

Your brother laughed, pushing Seunghyun off of him, "I know who you are, no worries. My girlfriend's a big fan of FT Island...the old man may not know about you though so introduce yourself to him like that. Anyway, I'm [Name]'s older brother, [Last Name], [Brother's First Name]."

Seunghyun nodded and your brother laughed again, nudging the younger male's shoulder.

"Don't look so scared~" he taunted.

Seunghyun laughed nervously, rubbing his shoulder and murmuring an 'ow' under his breath.

Your brother looked over Seunghyun slowly, judging him. He squinted, pointing to Seunghyun, "Why's he so skinny?"

You slapped your brother's arm, "Oppa!"

Seunghyun's eye twitched at the comment.

"I was just asking! Sheesh..."  you rolled your eyes and your brother's eyes trailed back to Seunghyun, "You look taller on TV."

"OPPA!"

"Well, he does..."

"I do?"

You shook your head turning to Seunghyun, "You don't," and turning back to your brother, "He doesn't. You're just abnormally tall, oppa."

Your brother shrugged, a smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth, "What you call abnormal, my girlfriend calls y~"

You gagged and Seunghyun chuckled.

"Oh, so this is him..."

Seunghyun stopped laughing and went stiff as his heart jumped out of his chest.

"Yeah, this is Seunghyun,"

Seunghyun turned to face your father robotically, giving a 90 degree bow and introducing himself as Song Seunghyun. Your father nodded at him, carefully eyeing him as he stood upright. Even though your father was shorter than him Seunghyun felt strangely intimidated.

"[Name]...I thought skinny jeans were just for girls...?"

Your brother burst into laughter and you gaped, unable to form a reasonable response while Seunghyun stood there completely humiliated.

"And your ears are pierced too...!?"

"It's a fashion thing..idols need to be fashionable," Seunghyun muttered. Your father nodded in understanding and you gave a sigh of relief that Seunghyun had been able to form the words that you couldn't think of.

"You're an idol?" your father asked.

Seunghyun nodded, "I'm a vocalist, guitarist, and rapper in the band FT Island."

"Ah,"

Another nod.

"How'd you meet [Name] if you're so famous?"

"...I was at the music store on [street name], looking through some CD's when [Name]-ah ran in."

"Ran in?"

"I was running away from [Friend's Name],"

"Oh,"

Seunghyun gave another awkward nod.

"Are you really okay with her?" your father questioned as he jammed his thumb in your general direction.

Seunghyun's eyes widened, "B-Bwoh?"

"She's not a celebrity, she's a normal girl. I'm not saying she's not talented because she is but I know my daughter and I know she's not going to be an idol any time soon...are you really okay with that?"

"Of course I am. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't serious about being with [Name]-ah. I don't care about her being famous or anything like that. That's not important to me."

"But you are famous, your fans care don't they?"

"Most of them approve. The real prima donna's approve of it. They support me and so they support my relationship with [Name]-ah. Those antis that don't approve...they don't matter. It's their problem. I found someone I really care about and I'm not going to let some antis tell me what to do with my heart."

Your father nodded and suddenly smiled at him, placing a hand on his shoulder, he gave a thumbs up.

"I like your personality, I approve."

Your brother, who had stopped laughing long ago, grinned, "Me too,"

Seunghyun looked over his shoulder and grinned at you, you beamed back at him.

After dinner, you and Seunghyun sat on the porch watching the sky darken. Seunghyun's jacket was draped across your shoulders, his arm, wrapped around your waist while your head rested on his shoulder.

"Did you really mean all those things you said?"

"What things?" Seunghyun asked, looking down at you.

"The things you told my dad..."

Seunghyun's arm squeezed you, "Course I did...you know how much you mean to me."

You smiled, pressing closer to Seunghyun, "I know, I just like to hear you say it..."

Seunghyun laughed softly, nuzzling your hair he cooed, "I love you~"

You gave a quiet laugh, "I love you too,"

Seunghyun used his free hand to tilt your chin up and make you meet his gaze, "You really mean it~?" he teased.

You nodded, eyes locked on his lips, "Mm...I mean it,"

He leaned in, lips brushing yours in an innocent kiss that didn't last even a moment as a foot slammed down on Seunghyun's shoulder and sent him toppling down the front steps.

"Just because I approved of you doesn't mean you can go kissing my daughter right in front of my house."

"APPA!"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just realized that "you" and Seunghyunnie have been together for almost a year-in drabble time-and he never met "your" dad.

Also, it might have been suggested to me to do a drabble where either you or Seungie meets the other's family...huh, I dunno where the inspiration came from but it's been written.

That made no sense. Sorry.

Forgive my mistakes in this, I'm too lazy to go and check for them >.<

I have a goal to update all my fanfictions! Wish me luck and look out for those updates! >:D

Also, please comment~! You readers have no idea how much your comments mean to me :)