The Taste

The Normal Life

 

I stare at Yongbin with a pout on my face. I can’t believe he just said what he just said. How can he ask me this? I stare at the ingredients in front of me. I didn’t know he came to my house last night and meet up with Chi Hoon oppa. How did he manage to plan all this?

 

“Oppa…” I said wanting to work my puppy eyes on him.

 

“Ye In-ah, just for today. Just for today. My date will end in another 4 hours.” Yongbin said. My puppy eyes don’t seem to work on him this time, it always work. His puppy eyes work on me though, because I know perfectly that I’m nodding my head right now. After my lips betraying me, my head seems to be betraying me as well.

 

“Ye In, I love you.” He said. I sigh heavily and start calling Yeon Ju unnie. I need her to help me with this. I need her to tell me what kind of dish is the easiest to make and I want her to teach me how to do it.

 

“Yoboseyo unnie, it’s me Ye In.”

 

“Ye In-ah, I had been waiting for your call. Chi Hoon had told me that you need my help in teaching you how to cook for Yongbin.” I can hear Yeon Ju laughing. I bet Chi Hoon oppa is next to her right now.

 

“Unnie, you shouldn’t laugh. I blame you and oppa for keep on pampering me.” I said to Yeon Ju unnie.

 

“Ok ok, what help do you need?” Yeon Ju unnie ask me.

 

“ What is the simplest dish to make and how to make it?” I ask Yeon Ju unnie. Yeon Ju unnie ask me to take a Bluetooth device in my brother’s room and put it on my ear. Yeon Ju unnie tell me what dish to make and she give me step by step instruction in making it. I don’t care, whatever happen, this dish is for Yongbin to eat and it’s cooked by me under Yeon Ju unnie instruction.

 

“I won’t be responsible for the taste.” I said to Yongbin while cooking. Yeon Ju unnie keep on laughing. Seriously, I’m going to give Chi Hoon oppa a silent treatment for a week for making Yeon Ju unnie laugh at me.

 

After I finished my cooking, I put my food on the table. Yongbin walk to the dining table, smiling so sweetly. I’m sure he’s very evil behind that smile. I can’t believe he just make me cook.

 

“I will never cook anything ever after this. I’m going to marry someone who can cook.” I said to Yongbin. He laughs out loud at my words.Well, I don’t blame him for laughing, my word is actually really funny.

 

Yongbin then take a spoon on his right and start tasting the food I make. He smile at me and I can really see that he’s really happy with it. I look at him waiting for him to say anything about my cooking but he just keep quiet. When he finally looks to me, he smiles and asks me to taste my food myself. I look at him doubtfully, he won’t be pretending if my food is horrible, right?

 

I took a spoonful of the food I just cook and I’m surprised at what I’m tasting. I can’t believe I have the ability to turn my cooking to taste like magic. Wow, I’m good at everything I do. Ok, maybe not everything. But I never know I can cook!

 

“What do you think about my cooking?” I ask Yongbin taking a seat next to him.

 

“It taste… delicious. Our date will end in another 2 hours, so let’s eat and do whatever we can do later.” Yongbin said. I didn’t realize the time passes by that quickly. After we finish eating our lunch, we spend out time talking and playing games that to me are irrelevant, but still fun. When our 24-hours date ended, Yongbin left the house.

 

I wonder what do I get from this date? I find Yongbin being the sweetest guy and boyfriend I could ever have. That if, he’s my real boyfriend but that’s not the case. Talking about boyfriends, I think I just left my ex-boyfriend at the café because of Kim Yongbin.

 

I reached out for my phone to call Chi Hoon oppa ask I’m VERY bored after Yongbin left, and I realize that I have 3 misscalled. 2 from Hyungseok and 1 from Jun Young. Hyungseok must have called me because he still wants to show off his hair. Jun Young, what does he want tosay. I check again and I realize he also send me a text message.

 

“Things changed...” What is he trying to say?