Perfect Life

The Normal Life

 

Joan shut down her handphone, throw out 3 of her alarm clocks on the floor that it stops ringing. The sun had rise but she don’t want to wake up. She took a pillow and put it on her head so that she could ignore the banging on her door. She had even hid her room’s key so that her parents or siblings won’t be able to disturb her with what she calls her ‘beauty sleep’.

 

Her parents bought her 3 alarm clocks so that she could wake up early to go to school, but it never work as she keep on throwing it on the floor until it broke. They even change her curtains to gold color so that when the sun is up, at least her room will be very bright, but she still refuses to wake up early. The last option was to wake her up manually by going into her room and carry her into the bathroom. However today she’s being very smart by locking her room and hid her room’s key.

 

After the banging on the door had stop, and she knew her parents had give up only she woke up and went to the bathroom to get ready to school. She don’t like going to school too early on Monday, but have no problem with going to school early on other days. After putting on her uniform, she wore her contact lens and walks down the staircase.

 

Joan saw her angry parents’ face and she just smile at them. Her parents can never resist the magnae smile and aegyo, and she thinks they won’t be able to resist it again today.

 

“Morning omma, morning appa!” She walks to them and kiss them on the cheek. She took a toast and quickly walk out of the house, not wanting to hear any nagging from both of them. Hearing from her mom is worse enough, hearing from both her mom and dad is like being in hell.

 

=============================================/

 

[Joan’s P.O.V]

 

“YAH, YOU’RE LATE AGAIN! WHY IS IT THAT YOU’RE ALWAYS LATE ON MONDAY?” The cute, handsome and perfect prefect said to me. This is the reason why I always came late to school on Monday, it’s because Moon Jun Young is on duty every Monday. How can a perfect guy like him be in this school? He’s an ulzzang, he’s a trainee and he’s my brother’s best friend.

 

“Sorry oppa, I promise I won’t do that again!” I said to Jun Young. The teacher wasn’t around, as always the teacher trust Jun Young oppa too much to let him handle this task, and as always too, I’m off the record. He always writes my name and let me go but I never get call by anyone even though I had been late more than 3 times.

 

“I won’t let you go today. Sit down here and put your hands up.” Jun Young oppa said. What? Why isn’t he letting me go? And why should I be the only one standing next to him facing the others that are late? It’s as if I’m the one who commit the biggest mistake among all of us. What is he trying to do? Embarrass me? I’m so going to tell oppa and unnie about this!

 

Oh yeah, did I forgot to introduce myself? My name is Joan, My full name is Lee Ye In. My brother is Lee Chi Hoon and my sister is Lee So Ah. Both of them are the legendary ulzzang. All of you must think that I’m supposed to be popular too, right? Well, actually no because no one knows that Chi Hoon oppa and So Ah unnie are siblings. Each of us goes to different school. Only Jun Young oppa knows about our family. No one knows about my relationship with Lee Chi Hoon and Lee So Ah either. Why do we want to keep it a secret? The same reason Chi hoon oppa and So Ah unnie did it, they don’t want to be popular cause of blood ties. They don’t even want to be popular. Well, what can they do when they have pretty face? I wonder, why didn’t I have a lot of cyworld views like they do? I mean, aren’t genes supposed to run in the family? If my brother and sister are ulzzang, I’m supposed to be one too, right?

 

“Oppa, what happen? Why aren’t you letting me go today?” I whisper to Jun Young after he bend down to me.

 

“Do you want me to look bad in front of them? I’m a prefect!” Jun Young oppa whisper back.

 

“You had look bad since the first day you let me go anyway, why care about it now?”

 

“Chi hoon told me that you’d went overboard and made your parents mad and told me not to let you go.” Jun Young oppa whisper to me. Oh, so that’s why? I forgot that Chi hoon oppa hates it the most when my parents are mad.

 

“but why am I sitting over here instead of there?” I said loudly.

 

“Because Chi hoon told me too!” Junyoung oppa whisper to me and push me down so that I sit down. I look down and didn’t bother to look up. This is what I always do to Chihoon oppa if I want something from him and it works everytime. Yeah, I’m kind of a spoiled kid. What can I do, I’m the magnae and they love me, how can I say NO?

 

I look up when I heard someone call me and I saw Jun Young oppa giving hand sign as if trying to tell me something. He put up a peace sign and he move his hand from left to right. Well, at least I think I’m the only one who gets it. When he was busy taking the other names, I quickly ran away as what he told me too. He let me go again! Yay for my records!

 

So back with the introduction! My name is Joan, I lead a normal life to others but a secretly perfect life.  My siblings are ulzzang, my best friends are trainee, my mom was a model, and my dad was a musician. Perfect? Right now I’m bragging but it’s not as perfect as you think it is…