I'll Be There (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

“And with these powers, the fate of Earth lies in your hands. The living of the human race depends on you….”

“Legend has it that the Gods have given 12 special forces to 12 demi-gods that they have trusted. Each power has their very own charm, their very own specialty and are useful in their own ways. These powers are given to protect the living, letting them go on with peaceful lives of not worrying about the world’s safety. To some people, this is only some weird mutation, some fairy tale story, or some myth. But to us, it’s not. Our ancestors were selected by the Gods to have this special power, this unique one- healing. Yixing, my son, you are one of the descendant of the great healing demi-god and you shall have the same healing powers as mine, as your grandfather, your ancestors.”

“Father? What are the other 11 powers that the Gods have given?”

“There are telekinesis, teleportation, the four elements-fire, water, earth and wind, time control, ice, light, and those who are called dragon born- flight. And of course there’s ours, healing.”

“One day, I want to be just like you father.” Yixing said and smiled.

“You will my son, you will… Now good night Yixing.” His father gave him a kiss on the forehead and turned off the lights.

10 years later…… 

Lay walked into the studio nervously. He hadn’t been here for 4 years now. He wonders if his teacher still remembers him.

“Lay? What are you doing here?” His teacher asked as soon as he saw Lay. Lay was his favorite student in the whole dance academy.

“Mr. Lee, I would like to come back here to continue dancing, if that is okay with you.” Lay said.

“Bless my soul, we will always welcome you back here Lay.” Mr. Lee said, with a smile on his face.

“Thank you Mr. Lee.” Lay said and bowed.

“But Lay, you should know that most of your friends already graduated from this academy, you’ll have to go on with a group of intermediates.” He said.

“I understand.” Lay said and smiled.

“Go on then, go change. We’re starting in a few minutes.” Mr. Lee said and gave Lay a slight push.

Lay walked into the class slowly, he was nervous. He pushed opened the door and went inside. He saw people stared at him but he kept walking. It’s been four years and this place is still the same. He walked into the back room and put down his bag. He sighed.

Being back here after four years is very hard. He had to push himself to come back here, to finish what his mother wanted him to. He heard people whispering, wondering why is he here in the intermediate class if he’s just a newbie. What they didn’t know was Lay was once the academy’s best dancer who won loads of awards. He was in the advanced class until, well, something happened and he dropped out.

“Hi! Who are you?” A girl came over and asked him.

“Lay.”

“Lay? What are you doing here?” She asked again.

“I’m here to dance.” Lay replied with as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“I mean, why are you here if you’re a newbie?” Lay don’t like this girl, too many questions.

“I’m not a newbie.” He replied short and continue taking out his stuff.

The girl let out a scoff, turned and walked away.

Great. Lay thought. Make enemies on the first day.

He changed into his shoes and took off his jacket. Then he walked to the middle of the class. People are still staring.

“Right class, we’re having a new student, well actually he an old student. Let us welcome Lay.” Mr. Lee said as he entered the classroom.

They began doing stretching and have to continue with a routine they have learnt the day before.

“Alright class, five minutes for you guys to refresh and we’re starting.” Mr. Lee said.

“Do you know the routine?” A guy asked.

Lay turned. He was stunned. He has never seen someone as perfect as him. His tall figure, perfect body portion, jawline, his eyes. Everything is perfect.

“Hey.” The guy tilted his head to the right, looking at Lay.

“Oh, no. I don’t.” Lay replied.

“Here, let me show you.” He said with a smile. “I’m Kris by the way.”

“Lay.” Lay said and Kris nodded.

Kris was impressed by Lay’s moves, well, for someone who had stopped dancing for four years, Lay was surprised that he could still dance like he used to. The feeling he had before was coming back, the feeling that he loved.

Everyone in class started to like Lay. Not just because he danced so well but also he’s nice and humble. But everyone agreed that there is something different about Lay, something special about that kid. He is always polite and is always smiling, like there is no worries in his world.

“Yo Kris.” Kai tossed Kris a bottle of water and sat down beside Kris.

“What?” Kris asked with an uninterested expression.

“How are things going with Krystal?” Kai asked, nudging Kris.

Lay looked at both of them with a blank expression.

"See that girl there? The one in the middle?” Kai asked, pointing towards Krystal.

Lay looked and nodded.

“Kris likes her.” Kai said and Kris glared at him. “What? It’s the truth right?”

Kris let out a sarcasm laugh and continues ignoring Kai. Class ended an hour later, Lay was about to pack his stuff when he saw Kris still sitting on the floor, with a bitter expression.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Lay asked and walked next to Kris.

“Nothing, my ankle hurts. Must have twisted it just now.” Kris said trying to squeeze out a smile.

Lay looked at Kris’s ankle, his hand reaching out and touch it gently.

“What are you doing?” Kris asked, looking at Lay.

Lay kept quiet and closed his eyes, focusing on Kris’s ankle. The pain slowly goes away and then it disappears. Kris looked at Lay as he opened his eyes and sat down. He realized that Kris was staring at him.

“How did you do that?” Kris asked.

Lay smiled.

“My dad was a healer. He told me I was one too.”

“A healer?”

“Yeah, I can heal things, but not all things. My dad is way stronger than I am. Dad says it’s passed down from my ancestors, a gift from the Gods.” Lay said staring out of the studio’s window.

Kris took this time to take a closer look at Lay, his eyes shining while he was talking, the perfect skin complexion, his brown hair. Everything about this guy looks just right, everything fits him.

“Promise me this will be a secret between us.” Lay turned and looked at a blushing Kris.

“Huh?”

“I don’t want people to think that I’m a freak.” Lay replied. “My dad used to tell me that the Gods have given powers, unusual powers to a few people who they trusted. Powers to change the world, to take care of the world and to care for the human race. He also said that there are….”

“…. 12 different powers all special in their own ways. Although some are said to only be legends but each of them are dangerous if handled carelessly.” Kris continued Lay’s sentence.

“How did you know?” Lay stared at Kris.

“Lay, I need to be honest with you. Follow me.” Kris said, standing up and walked towards the exit.

Lay looked at Kris with curiosity and stood up, following him out. Kris led him to the balcony upstairs of the dance academy.

“Promise you won’t freak out.” Kris said.

“I showed you my secrets and you didn’t freak out, so why would I?” Lay chuckled.

“Okay… You might want to back off a little, I don’t want to hit you.” Kris said.

Lay nodded and took a few steps back. He looked at Kris, waiting to see what Kris had to show. Kris took a deep breath and relaxed. He closed his eyes and his wings spread out. Lay stared in awe.

“Kris! You’re a…”

“Yeah, that’s right, dragon born.”

“I’ve only heard stories of the other powers given by the Gods, and you’re the second dragon born I have seen in my life.” Lay said, circling Kris and touching his wings.

“Me too! My mum used to tell me those stories and I thought it was just a myth.” Kris said and smiled.

Lay continue touching Kris’s wings and pulled it a little. “Can you really fly?” He asked.

“Yeah, but only after midnight after everyone’s asleep, my parents strictly forbid me to fly anywhere during the day or in the evenings.” Kris replied.

“Yeah, my uncle forbids me to use mine too. I mean what’s the point of having these powers if I can’t help people?” Lay sighed and sat down.

“Yeah, it . My older brother always tells me that these powers are ours for a reason, but I don’t see where and how we can use it if we’re forbidden to.” Kris said and his wings shrink back and he sat down beside Lay.

“Anyway, it might sound weird but can you bring me along next time when you’re going for a fly or anything?” Lay asked. “If it’s weird for you then it’s fine if you don’t want to.” He continued while staring at the floor.

“Yeah sure, why not?” Kris answered and Lay shot up.

“Really? You’re fine with that?”

“Well, you’re one of us, I mean we’re both the same and you’re my friend. Why not?” Kris said and smiled. “Oh by the way, won’t you get in trouble for coming out late? I’m only able to fly after midnight.”

“I have my ways.” Lay said.

Kris like Lay a lot. He thinks that he finally found someone that understands him, someone who he can tell every single detail of his powers to. Lay felt the same too. They ended up talking on the balcony for almost three hours and Lay said he would get into trouble. Kris on the other hand, has complete freedom to do whatever he wants, all except flying in front of people.

The three hours of chatting made Kris and Lay realized how similar they are. Maybe they have different powers but everything Kris says makes sense to Lay and everything Lay says makes sense to Kris. Kris was starting to think that he might have had a crush on Lay. The whole Krystal thing was actually made up by Kai because Krystal is his cousin and Kai just like Kris very much and want him to hook up with his cousin.

Lay and Kris both promised to kept their secrets a secret, and only their family would know. They’ve decided to meet back here, at the front door of the academy at 3 a.m. later that night. Lay went back home with a huge smile on his face.

“You’re three hours late.” He heard his uncle said as soon as he entered the house.

“I’m sorry. Got caught up in dancing, you know, the usual.” Lay lied.

“You know the rules…”

“I know, I know. Come back home straight, no idling around, and no showing my powers to anyone.” Lay said in one breath. “I’m not a kid anymore uncle, I’m 23 this year.”

“Something tells me you’ve broken all of the rules.” Uncle Zhang said.

“It was just a friend. No one else.”

“You told me you don’t have friends in the academy.”

“A new friend. I’ve made a new friend, aren’t you supposed to be happy? You keep asking me to meet new people.” Lay said, stomping up the stairs.

“But you broke the rules, you showed your powers.”

“He is also one of us. He’s a dragon born.” Lay said.

“Dragon born? I thought I forbid you to talk to dragon borns.”

“Why? You can’t ask me to do things, you’re not my father.” Lay said and continue going up.

“Your father wanted me to protect you Yixing. You know exactly why and your father is killed by a drag…”

“Mum did nothing wrong! I am the cause of their death, not mum!” Lay said and ran up the stairs, went into his room and slammed the door.

He sat on his bed and stare into the picture on the nightstand beside his bed. It was a picture of him and his parents. Before they died and Lay blamed himself for what happened.

His tears were already forming in his eyes, and suddenly his phone rang.

From: Flying Dragon Kriscasso

Hey unicorn, I guess we’ll have to delay it for a while. To around 3.30 a.m.? My idiotic brother got his wings caught in the freaking chandelier and he’s still dangling up there.

From: JPG Healing Unicorn Lay

Yeah, sure, no problem.

From: Flying Dragon Kriscasso

You alright? You don’t seem as excited as you were just now.

Lay didn’t know what to reply.  He just stared at his phone screen and his mind was blank.

From: Flying Dragon Kriscasso

Lay? Hey, you’re angry?

From: JPG Healing Unicorn Lay

Hey can I meet you now?

From: Flying Dragon Kriscasso

Why? Are you alright?

From: JPG Healing Unicorn Lay

I just needed a friend to talk to you know… But if you’re busy you don’t have to come.

From: Flying Dragon Kriscasso

Be there in 5 minutes. Send me your address.

Five minutes? Lay thought. His house is exactly 20 minutes away from mine. Unless he’s flying… Wait… No way…

He heard a tap on the window and looked. He almost died of shocked when he saw Kris’s face, smiling at him.

“You could have been caught!” Lay said while opening the window, letting Kris in.

“Well, you said you needed a friend. So here am I.” Kris said while ‘keeping’ his wings.

“Thanks. I really appreciate it. But you don’t have to risk getting caught!”

“Anything for a friend!” Kris said and smiled sheepishly. “So, what did you wanted to talk about?”

 Before Kris could continue talking, Lay was already sitting on his bed, with tears streaming down his face. Kris didn’t know what to do, he ran his fingers over his hair and stare at Lay.

“Lay, don’t cry. Why are you crying?” He asked softly.

“I’ve never had a friend who would risk his life for me. Thank you Kris.” Lay said, wiping away his tears and resting his head on Kris’s shoulders.

Kris doesn’t know why but it kills him when Lay is crying. He just wanted to hug that cute, dimpled-smile boy but he didn’t. And Lay, he wanted to bury his face into Kris’s chest and cry but he doubt that will ever happen.

“So… Want to talk more? Letting everything out is better than bottling everything to yourself you know.”

Lay didn’t reply and Kris just waits patiently. He turns his head and saw Lay was already sleeping peacefully with his head still on his shoulders. Kris smiled. He didn’t have the heart to disturb Lay. He gently let Lay lie down on his bed and sat down beside the bed.

The guy sleeping in front of him looks like an angle. His breathing was calm and his lips slightly parted. Kris was tempted to kiss Lay and without second thought, he gave the sleeping male a gentle brush on the lips.

“Yixing?” Someone knocked on the door.

Crap. Kris didn’t know what to do. He looked around and finally hid under the bed. He stayed there, not even dared to breathe in case he got caught.

“Yixing? I want to have a talk with you.” His uncle opened the door and said. “Or maybe later…” He added when he saw Lay was already sleeping. He closed the door softly with a click and Kris immediately climbs out under the bed. He felt something was crawling on his hand and he let out a gasp, it was a huge spider.

“Shoot.” He cursed softly and swung his hand like a maniac, hoping that the spider would fall off.

“Kris? Why are you dancing over there?” Lay asked, rubbing his eyes.  Kris soft cursing had woke Lay up.

“Lay! I’m sorry I woke you up.” Kris said and just smile.

“No, it’s alright, I guess I’m just tired. I should apologize for falling asleep.” Lay said and smiled.

Kris wants to kiss the guy standing in front of him so badly but he doesn’t want to lose Lay as a friend.

“Oh right. Your uncle wanted to talk to you. He came in just now.”

“Did he saw you?” Lay panicked.

“Nope. I hid under the bed you see and umm got a spider on my arm and that’s all the dancing started.” Kris said with an idiotic grin.

Lay couldn’t help it but smiled at that clumsy dragon.

“So what is it that you wanted to talk about?” Kris asked.

Lay sighed. He begins telling Kris what exactly happened 4 years ago, that night when his parents died.

“I was a weak kid, ever since I was younger, I always get sick easily. No matter what my parents did, I would still fall sick easily. 4 years ago, I got seriously ill. The doctor said that there’s nothing he could do to help me, he told my parents to be prepared because I might die anytime. But my mum, she didn’t believe that nothing can save me. So she used that thing, that one thing that demi-gods are forbid to use.”

“You mean dark magic?” Kris asked.

“Yes. She used dark magic…  She made a deal with the demon. At first she was alright, but as time passes by, the demon inside of her got stronger and things were getting worse. My father found out a little later and there was nothing he could do unless he…”

“Trade your mother’s deal using his own life.” Kris continued.

“Yes… So he did, and when I got better, my father grew weaker. He was going to die. He asked for our forgiveness for not protecting us well enough. His last words for me was ‘Xing, promise me you will be a great healer. Help everyone with your powers, never abuse your powers. Promise me.’ And now, all I can do is just sit at my room every day, unable to help anyone with my powers. My mum died a year after my father died. She blamed herself for using black magic. She refused to eat and cried all day then what’s worse was she was diagnosed with brain cancer. And so I dropped out from the dance academy to take care of her. She knows that I love dancing more than anything and at her death bed, she wanted me to continue doing what I love… It’s all my fault, I made my parents suffer. Why am I so useless? Why am I so weak? My parents died because of me. Kris, why am I so useless?” Lay said and tears were rolling down his cheeks.

Kris put his arm around Lay and pulled him into a hug, letting Lay’s face buried into his chest and he patted his head.

“It’s not your fault. You didn’t choose to get ill, but your parents, they chose to protect you. They chose to sacrifice themselves so that you can live. They wanted you to go on with your life, to be the son they always wanted you to be. To continue protecting the living, and to experience life.” Kris told Lay softly.

Lay couldn’t help it but to put his arms around Kris’s waist. He hugged the dragon born tighter and he was glad, he was glad to be able to tell everything to a friend. Lay’s heart was thumping a thousand times faster than usual and he wasn’t sure why Kris hugged him at first, but now he just wanted to stay like this forever.

They were startled when the door opened and Lay’s uncle walked in. He was shocked to see that Lay wasn’t alone and he knew at once that Kris is the dragon born that Lay had said before.

“Zhang Yixing, you know exactly the rules of this house, no dragon borns are allowed!” He shouted at Lay and Kris was shocked. He didn’t know why Lay’s uncle hated dragon borns so much, Lay forgot to tell him.

“Uncle, he’s my friend and like I have said before, father’s death has nothing to do with my mother. It was all because of me.” Lay said, standing in front of Kris.

“Yixing, why couldn’t you just listen to me?”

“No uncle, you are the one that doesn’t listen to anyone. When father was at his death bed, you weren’t even there to see him!” Lay said and ran out of the room.

“Lay!” Kris followed him out of the house, leaving his uncle dumbstruck in his room.

Kris couldn’t find Lay anywhere. That kid’s stamina is greater than a horse. He looked at his watch and realized that it was already midnight so he glanced around and decided to look for Lay while flying. He spread out his wings and flew up to the sky. He flew around, looking for the brown haired guy. He was about to turn back but he saw Lay sitting on the bench at the park. He landed and walked straight to him.

“Hey…  You’re going to catch a cold you know.” Kris said and took off his jacket, putting it around Lay.

“I’m sorry Kris.”

“For what?” Kris asked, sitting down beside Lay.

“About my uncle. I’m sorry. After my father’s death, he blamed my mother for everything.” Lay said.

“Your mother was a dragon born?” Kris asked.

“Yeah. They met at their university and got married after 2 years of dating.” Lay replied.

“You said your uncle wasn’t even at your father’s deathbed…”

“He was busy working. All he knew was to work and work and work, and when my father died, he just blamed mother for everything.”

Kris just nodded his head and looked at Lay. Lay turned and stared at Kris’s lips.

“Why did you do that?” He asked.

“Do what?”

“This.” Lay said and leaned forward to give Kris a kiss on the lips.

“I thought you were sleeping!?” He asked, his eyes wide open.

“I was. But your kiss woke me up but I decided not to open my eyes.” Lay said, slightly blushing.

“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have, I mean, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I was glad that you kissed me Kris. I really liked you when you first talked to me. But I thought you liked Krystal because Kai said so.”

“Kai, that idiot. He just makes things up. He just wanted me to hook up with Krystal because she’s his cousin.” Kris said. “You really like me?” He looked at Lay and Lay just smiled and nodded.

“Well then, that wasn’t a kiss. This is a kiss.” Kris said and pulls Lay in for another kiss, a deep, passionate kiss. His tongue asking for permission to enter the smaller guy’s cavern and Lay thinks its fine to let the dragon born have a taste of him. He can feel Kris’s tongue exploring his mouth and he groaned when Kris his lower lips.

They pulled away a few moments and Lay thought that if they do not need oxygen, this could go on for hours. His eyes were locking with Kris’s and Kris pulled Lay closer to him, holding his hands in a tight grip.

“Hey, listen, you should probably go back and explain everything to your uncle. I mean, he is your uncle anyway, he had taken care of you since your parents died.” Kris said softly.

“He doesn’t listen to anyone. He never does.”

“Well, maybe he is feeling bad about everything too. You should have a talk with him.” Kris said.

“On one condition.” Lay said and poked Kris’s cheek.

“What is it?”

“Stay with me tonight?” He asked.

Kris chuckled. “You know what? I just know you today and I felt like I have known you for over 10 years.” He said.

“Me too Kris, me too.” He said and nuzzles down Kris’s neck.


“Why are you crying?” Yifan asked.

“My unicorn plushy fell into the river and now it’s gone.” Yixing said, sniffing.

“Here! You can have my lollipop. Don’t cry anymore okay?”

“What is this?” Yixing asked, wiping away his tears.

“It’s a dragon. I like dragons but you can have it.” Yifan said while sitting down beside the sniffing Yixing.

“What is your name?” Yixing asked.

“I’m Yifan. You?”

“I am Yixing. Thank you Yifan for this lollipop. We can be friends forever!” Said the now smiling Yixing.

And this, is what happened 10 years ago, the first encounter of the flying dragon and the healing unicorn.


More Kray!

You guys like Kray right?

Anyway, your comments make me feel like continue writing

So... Kepp on commenting!