Music Love (XiuChen)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

Jongdae glanced at his watch. He was getting late, his mum would definitely fry him for getting back home late. He promised he would watch over his sister while his mum is going out to go visit his uncle. He started to run and wished that he had left school earlier. If it wasn’t for his band practices he wouldn’t have to rush.

He ran and ran and he was almost home. He turned around a corner and ran into someone.

“Oww! Can’t you see where you’re walking?” The guy he ran into shouted.

“Sorry! I’m in a rush, here let me help you with your… bag…” He couldn’t help but stare at the uniform the guy was wearing.

It was freaking St Octavian Academy’s badge. The school of music, well only rich people goes there of course; ordinary people just couldn’t afford even the monthly fees of that school. Jongdae has always dreamed of going to that school, but he knows that his parents couldn’t afford that.

“Peasant.” The guy which happens to be Kim Minseok said.

“Excuse me?” Jongdae looked at him.

“Nothing.” Minseok said coolly and walked away.

What a rude person! Jongdae thought to himself. Pfftt immature. Jongdae gave him a mehrong. He suddenly thought of the time and continue running towards his house.

“Kim Jongdae!”

“I know, I know, I’m half an hour late! I’m sorry!” Jongdae said while entering the house.

“Alright… There’s dinner in the fridge, heat it up later when you guys are having dinner.” His mum said. “I’m going. See you when I get back.”

She went out and the front door slammed.

“You owe me five dollars.” Jongdae said, turning towards his sister.

“What did I do?” She asked.

“It’s your song, the guys are writing it for you and made me late, so five dollars.” He said, with his extended.

“Gee fine!” She said and grabbed her purse, pulling out a five dollar note. “I hope you choke on your dinner and die!”

“Heh, then you’ll lose your perfect brother then.” Jongdae said, opening the fridge to have some cold water.

Jongdae likes messing with his sister. She’s just 3 years younger than he is and the both of them love to sing.

“Jongdae? Jiyoon? The both of you home already?” Jongdae heard his father shouting from the front door.

“Yeah.” Jongdae went and opened the door. His father is always busy and he’s quite forgetful, he always forgets to bring his house key along when he’s going to work.

“Thanks Jongdae. Where’s your mum?” Jongdae’s dad asked.

“Mum went to visit uncle. He broke his arm during work.” Jiyoon said, munching on the snacks she got from Jongdae’s room.

“Hey, that’s mine.” Jongdae said, pointing towards the snacks.

“It’s mine now.” She said and laughed.

“Evil.”

“Anyway, are the both of you free tomorrow afternoon? I need either one of you to go to my boss’s house. He’s having a party.” Jongdae’s dad said.

“I’ll pass. I have band practice tomorrow.” Jiyoon said and looked at Jongdae. “He’s free though.”

“Perfect, Jongdae, are you coming with me?”

Jongdae glared at his sister and nodded his head.

“You’re so dead later.” He hissed at his sister.

“Then you’ll lose a perfect sister!” Jiyoon said with a sarcastic tone.

Jongdae hate going to formal parties like these. Not only that he have to dress up in those formal uncomfortable clothes, he have to smile all the time. And his cheekbones hurt. His mum would fuss over everything, his hair, his clothes, and even his breath.

“We’re going now honey.” Jongdae’s dad said with Jongdae behind him.

“Okay. Enjoy yourself Jongdae.” His mum shouted back.

Jongdae sighed. Yeah, have fun.

Things were pretty much like he expected. Everyone was talking about business, shares, companies and a whole lot of boring stuff. He was getting bored so he decided to go take a walk.

This place is not bad though. It is located at the countryside and the air is fresh here. It’s calm and breezy too; he walked under a huge tree and sat down under it. He knows he might get into trouble for sitting on the grass while he’s wearing his formal suit but he just doesn’t care about it now.

He leaned on the tree trunk and closes his eyes, listening to the birds chirping and feeling the cool breeze across his face. He wanted to sing now so he opened his eyes and glanced around. After making sure that no one’s around, he took out the notebook he had with him everywhere he goes and started singing and writing at the same time.

He was trying to compose a new song; he wanted to be a singer and also a songwriter. His pencil was scribbling across the paper and he stopped to think for a while.

“Hey, you’re in my spot.” He heard someone said and he looked up.

“You!” He recognized that face.

“Me? Do you know me?” Minseok said.

“You are the person that I ran into yesterday.” Jongdae said, standing up.

“Oh, you. What are you doing here?” Minseok asked, raising his eyebrows.

“I’m here with my father. What about you? And how is this your spot?”

“You really don’t know who am I?” Minseok asked again.

“Yeah. Why should I?”

“Nevermind.”

“I should be going now. Bye.” Jongdae said and turned around to walk away.

“Wait, if you don’t mind, can you just stay for a while and talk to me? I’m bored.”

Jongdae scoffed. “Bored? Am I your puppy or something? As a matter of fact, I do mind.”

“Just sit down. I heard you singing and thought that you were great. I just want to talk to you.” Minseok said.

“Really? You think that my singing is great?” Jongdae’s face lit up as soon as he heard that.

“Yeah. And believe me, when I say it’s great, it’s great.”

“Said someone from St. Octavian Academy. I am fluttered.”

“How did you know that I went to St. Octavian Academy?” Minseok asked.

“I saw your badge the other day. How does it feel like going to that school?” Jongdae asked, sitting down beside Minseok.

“For starters, it .”

“What? I thought that was the best school for music. And if you don’t like music, why are you even there?” Jongdae asked with a confused and shocked expression.

“It’s school for classical music. I want to be an idol, not a freaking piano teacher. I have to learn music theories, piano, violin and was force to dance freaking ballet. Do you still think it’s the best music school?”

“Well… Apart from the fact that you have to dance ballet, yes. I still think it’s cool.” Jongdae said.

“You’re a weird kid, do you know that?”

“I get that from a lot of people.” Jongdae said.

“You know, I think you’re interesting. Want to be my friend?” Minseok asked, holding his hand out for a handshake.

“Hmm… If I’m your friend, can you like maybe smuggle me into your academy for a tour?” Jongdae asked.

Minseok rolled his eyes and nodded.

“Fine, I can do that.” He said and Jongdae smiled.

“Deal. I’ll be your friend.” He said, the notebook that he had on his hand dropped and Minseok reached out to take it.

“What’s this?” He asked and before Jongdae could say anything, he flipped through the pages.

“It’s kinda like my inspiration book. I mean, whenever I get inspired, I’ll just write down the first thing that came to my mind.” Jongdae answered.

“You wrote all this?” Minseok was impressed.

“Yeah… It’s nothing actually.”

“Hmm… In exchange of smuggling you into my academy, can you write a song for me?” Minseok said.

“Deal.” Jongdae said and let out a grin.

“Minseok! It’s time!” Someone from afar called.

“Gotta go. See you soon.” Minseok said and got up and walked away.

Jongdae did the same. He went back to the party and stood beside his father.

“Where have you been?” His father asked.

“Walking around.” He answered short.

“And now, we shall now invite our CEO of the company to give a speech.” The MC said and everyone applauded.

Jongdae was yawning already. He was getting bored.

“And I would like everyone to meet my son, Kim Minseok. He will be taking over my company when I retire.” He said and someone got up from the chair on stage and bowed.

Jongdae tlited his head to see the son of the famous company. He got shocked. He didn’t know that the guy who was just talking to him casually is the son of his father’s boss. The heir to the family company. Wait; didn’t he say he wanted to be an idol? So why did his father said that he will take over the company?

After the speech ended, Minseok grabbed two glasses of orange juice and walked towards Jongdae. He gave one to Jongdae and gulped down his own.

“I thought you…”

“Wanted to be an idol. Yeah, to be me.” Minseok said without looking at Jongdae.

“I’m still writing your song you know?” Jongdae said, wanting to cheer his new friend up.

“And I’m still smuggling you into my academy.” Minseok answered. “By the way, I didn’t catch your name.”

“Jongdae. Kim Jongdae.”


A week has passed and still no news from Minseok. Jongdae had been working extra hard on both his sister’s song and Minseok’s song.

“Aren’t you going back home yet Jongdae?” One of Jongdae’s band mate asked, packing up his stuff.

“Just a moment. I’m finishing this verse.” Jongdae said and continue focusing on Minseok’s song.

Two hours later, Jongdae finally finished the intro and the first verse of Minseok’s song. He was humming to it while walking out of the school, wanting to go back home.

“Hey you idiot.” He felt someone pulled his collar from behind.

“Minseok?” He was shocked to see Minseok.

“What took you so long to get out from there?” Minseok asked.

“You were waiting for me here?” Jongdae asked.

“Yes! For two hours I was standing here, waiting for you!”

“Why?” Jongdae asked.

“So that I can smuggle you into the academy. Looks like you’ll have to wait till next week.” Minseok said in an annoyed tone.

“Come on. Cheer up will you? You seems like you’ve been through a lot.” Jongdae said.

It was true, the Minseok he seen a week ago seems a lot happier and energetic. Even though it’s just been a week, Minseok’s face looks tired and there were dark circles forming under his eyes. His shoulders were droopy and his face was not smiling. The corners of his eyes are not raised as usual.

“Ever since what my father said that day, he really wanted me to take over the company. He said he wanted me to stop going to St. Octavian and he wants me to go study aboard, go study business.” Minseok said with a sigh.

“And? Did you agree?”

“Of course not. He has been nagging non-stop and threatens to disown me if I don’t follow what he says.” Minseok said.

“Did you tell him about your dream?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. I would get kicked out of the house if I say that.”

Jongdae couldn’t bear with Minseok that was constantly sighing, so he pulled Minseok back into the school compound and went straight to the music room.

“Why did you bring me here?” Minseok asked.

“Here, it’s just the intro and the first verse but I hope you like it.” Jongdae said, giving Minseok the manuscript that was scribbled all over.

Minseok smiled when he saw the manuscript. Although it was just half done, he is already grateful towards Jongdae.

“If you want, we can finish this together.” Jongdae said and Minseok nodded.

That day, Minseok and Jongdae both get into trouble at home for reaching home at 8pm at night. They continued meeting each other at Jongdae’s school’s music room for a month and Minseok did kept his promise too, he bought Jongdae to his academy and they almost got caught of it was not for Jongdae’s smart thinking of hiding into the janitors’ locker.

As time went by, Jongdae wasn’t so sure about his feelings towards Minseok anymore. He doesn’t want to be just friends with Minseok, he wanted to be more but he was afraid to cross the line. What if Minseok laughs at him and abandon him?

One day, as usual, Jongdae would be waiting for Minseok to come to the music room and he was writing down the final lyrics on Minseok’s manuscript. The door slammed opened and Minseok walked in, sat down and planted his head in his arms. 

Jongdae didn’t know what to react; he wasn’t sure what happened but he can tell that it was another argument between Minseok and his father. He walked next to Minseok and gave him a pat on the back. Minseok did not react and Jongdae just stood there awkwardly.

“The decision was final.” Minseok suddenly said.

“What decision?” Jongdae asked, fumbling through his pocket to look for his handkerchief to wipe away Minseok’s tears.

“I am going to Germany.” Minseok said.

“Germany?” Jongdae exclaimed. He felt a sudden sadness on the fact that his friend is leaving. He was used to have Minseok to be with him every day after school now. He’s used to have Minseok getting their snacks at the nearby shop and having Minseok snoring away when he was trying to focus on the song.

“My father wants me to go there and study business management. I can’t do anything but to obey him.” Minseok added.

“When are you leaving?” Jongdae asked.

“Tomorrow night.” Minseok said.

That soon? Jongdae didn’t even have the chance to express his feelings.

“Jongdae…” Minseok called him.

“Yeah?”

“Do you have something to tell me?” He asked and Jongdae just stared at him.

Yeah… I think I love you.” Jongdae thought to himself.

“Actually, there is. I wanted to tell you your song is done now. I finished it just now.” Jongdae said, giving Minseok the manuscript.

“Thank you Jongdae, but I don’t think this is necessary anymore.” Minseok said, giving Jongdae back the paper.

“No Minseok, keep it. As a present form me to you, a token for you to remember me with.” Jongdae said.

The rest of day was spent with Jongdae playing the piano and Minseok singing the song they finished together. Jongdae felt sad, he didn’t want Minseok to leave. Minseok walked Jongdae home later that evening and they were in perfect silent.

Jongdae couldn’t sleep that night. He keeps on thinking about Minseok and now that he’s leaving to Germany, he would definitely miss him. He was about to fall asleep when his phone suddenly rang.

“Jongdae?” He heard someone from the other line called his name.

“Hmm?”

“You sleeping?” Minseok asked.

“About to. What is it?” He asked, sitting up.

“Can you come tomorrow night? I mean, to send me off?” Minseok asked.

“I’m not sure… I’ll try.” Jongdae said.

“Oh… Ok… My flight is on 8pm. I’m boarding on 7.30.” Minseok said.

“I’ll see if I can make it.” Jongdae said and they went silent.

“I’ll see you then.” Minseok said.

“Yeah…”

To be honest, Jongdae didn’t want to go to the airport to send off Minseok. He didn’t want to say goodbye. So he locks himself up in the music room the next day. He called him mum telling that he will be home late that day. He sat there, trying hard not to think about Minseok but his brain was not cooperating with him. Memories with Minseok keeps on flashing back to him, he tried to keep himself busy by practicing some songs but it doesn’t help.

He gave up.

“What am I doing here? I should be at the airport and I should tell Minseok how I feel about him. I know I’ll regret if I don’t tell him.” Jongdae mumbled to himself.

He grabbed his bag and blazer and ran out to the bus station. He checked his watch, 7pm. He has to hurry or else he will miss his chance. He gave up waiting for the bus at the end and end up hailing a taxi instead.

There are still 5 more minutes before Minseok’s boarding and Jongdae ran as fast as his legs can carry him. He keeps on glancing around, looking for Minseok but he was nowhere to be found.

“It’s too late. I’ve missed him. He must be disappointed now.” Jongdae said to himself.

“Who’s disappointed?” He heard someone asked and he turned around.

“Minseok!” Jongdae was shocked to see Minseok in front of him, sipping on his iced coffee. “I thought you said 7.30?”

“I was going to get on but I suddenly have cravings for iced coffee so I went to buy some before boarding.” Minseok said and shrugged. “You’re sweating a lot. Did you run all the way here?” He asked.

“I need to talk to you.” Jongdae said and pulled the older male with him to somewhere more deserted.

“So?” Minseok asked while staring at Jongdae.

But Jongdae couldn’t say anything, he wanted to express everything but words aren’t coming out.

“Well if you don’t have anything to say, I have something to say to you.” Minseok said after a long pause.

“I actually… How do I put this in? I think I might be in love with you.” Minseok said and Jongdae looked at him, shocked.

“Min…”

“Let me say this before I regret it. When I saw you at my house, sitting at my spot under the tree, you immediately caught my attention. I went up to you and I heard you singing and I fell harder for you. It might sound weird but yeah…” Minseok wanted to continue but he was stopped my Jongdae’s finger on his lips.

“That’s all I wanted to hear.” Jongdae said and gave him a kiss, a soft one. Minseok kissed him back and he pulled Jongdae closer, his arms wrapped around Jongdae’s waist and Jongdae’s hands were around Minseok’s neck.

“Flight 365 is ready for takeoff.” The announcer said through the P.A system.

“, I think I just missed my flight.” Minseok said and smirked.

“What are you planning to tell your father?” Jongdae asked.

“That an idiot almost broke his promise and came late at the last minute to say goodbye?” Minseok said.

“I didn’t promise I would come.” Jongdae pouted.

“And yet you’re still here.”

“What about Germany?” Jongdae whispered at Minseok’s lips.

“What about you go with me?” Minseok asked.

“How?”

“Easy.”

Minseok pulled out his phone and called his father. He said that he is willing to go to Germany and take over the family company but only on one condition. That is to let Kim Jongdae go with him.

“What about my parents? They can’t afford that!” Jongdae asked.

“My father can. You shall be living with me in Germany.” Minseok said and pull Jongdae in for another kiss.

“Living with you?” Jongdae asked.

“Yeah, my parents got me an apartment in Germany.”

“I can’t wait already.” Jongdae said and rest his chin on Minseok’s shoulders.


I actually wrote this a week ago but I keep procastinating and couldn't finish it.

So here, it's finally done.