Always There (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

Lay was just casually strolling down the street, window shopping as usual whenever he's free. He walks past one of the record store and something caught his attention, that voice, seems too familiar to him. He walked into the store and his eyes widen as he sees the huge poster none other than his ex-boyfriend, Kris. The store was blasting away Kris’s new song and that make Lay smiles, that guy is finally using his talent in a good way.

About a year ago, when Lay and Kris are still dating, Kris would just hang around, going skateboarding, having underground rap battles and just laze around sometimes. Lay have to push him out of their shared apartment door to get him go get a job. This happens every other day until Lay finally exploded and shouted at him.  They argued for a while and Lay went into his room and slammed the damn door. He fell asleep after a while and when he finally woke up, he realized that Kris was nowhere to be found. He just disappeared. Lay even tried calling his phone literally 100 times and no one picked up.

Lay smiles and look at Kris's album. "Where are you?" He whispered to himself. "Are you doing just fine? Have you eaten? That silly giant is for sure to forget to take his vitamins and supplements."

Lay looks around and he took the album, went to pay for it and went back home. He even got a free poster along with it. He was walking faster than he usually do, just to get home quickly and listen to Kris's album.

Lay almost ran into his apartment and he puts the disc into his laptop and the music begins to play. Lay smiles when Kris began to rap. He's been practicing a lot, and he sings now too. Lay remembers that when they were still dating, Kris would always sing Frozen's Let It Go and would always make Lay laugh out loud whenever Kris tries to hit the high notes.

"You're mean." Kris said and pouted when Lay was laughing while rolling on the carpeted floor.

"I'm sorry hahahhahahaha!" Lay said and continues laughing.

Thinking back of those memories that they once had made Lay felt guilty about himself and without him realizing, tears were already rolling down his cheeks.  His phone rang after a few minutes and Lay picks up.

“Hello?” Lay said and sniffed.

“Lay? Are you crying again?” His best friend, Suho asked.

“No.”

“Liar.” Suho said. “I know you’re crying. Is it because of Kris again?”

“I’m not.” Lay lied. “Allergies.”

“I don’t believe you. Nope, not convincing enough.”

“What is it now Suho?”

“Oh right, it’s Sehun’s graduation tomorrow and I can’t go. Can you help your friend a little and go there for me?”

“Sure.” Lay said. “I’ll love to.”

“Thanks.” Suho said.

“You’re welcome.”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“Isn’t there something you wanted to tell me?” Suho asked.

“What do I want to tell you?”

“You have something to say. I just know it.”

“I really can’t fool you huh?” Lay chuckles.

“Yup. Known you for almost 10 years, how could I not know you?”

“Well, it’s about Kris.” Lay said slowly. “He debuted as a singer.”

“You serious?” Suho asked, shocked.

“Yeah. I even got his album right here.” Lay said.

“Why didn’t he tell you?”

“I don’t know.” Lay said. “He didn’t even call or text or anything.”

There was a pause and then followed by a gasps from the other line.

“What is it?” Lay asked.

“You won’t believe what I just saw.” Suho said.

“I won’t until you tell me so.”

“Kris is having a fansign event. Next week, Monday.” Suho said and laughed. “You lucky guy.”

“What?”

“You have to go there.” Suho said. “You have his album, it’s perfect.”

“Suho, even if I do meet him, even if I’m lucky enough to get to him what can I say? Hey I still love you let’s get back together?”

“Yeah. Something like that?”

“Suho…” Lay facepalmed. “He’s an idol. He’s famous!”

“So? You still love him right?”

“Yeah.”

“So, does it matter?” Suho asked.

“It matters to him.” Lay asked. “Besides, would he even remember me?”

“Oh for crying out loud Lay. It’s just been a year. Not ten. He’s spend almost a decade with you, don’t tell me he is that forgetful.” Suho said. “I don’t care, I’m driving you there on Monday.”

“Yeah, whatever Suho.” Lay said. “I’m hanging up.”

“Remember to go to Sehun’s school tomorrow!”

“I will.” Lay said and hung up. He stood up and went over to the poster he had put at the coffee table just now. He opens it and smiles, Kris has gotten more good looking in just one year.


“Well someone is looking fine today.” Suho said as Lay got into the car.

“Shut up.” Lay said.

“Hope you’ve got your ‘Kris oppa sarangaheyo’ bling bling banners with you.

Lay rolls his eyes and laughed at his friend. “You’re weird Suho.”

“Well, I am your friend.” He said and chuckles.

The two of them reached the place where the event was held and Lay was right. That place was swarming with people. Fangirls, fanboys all holding banners and gifts to give Kris. Some were even holding a huge stack of albums, all ready for Kris to sign on.

“Let’s just go back home.” Lay said. “There’s too many people, there’s no way I’m getting a chance to even see him.”

“Shush.” Suho said and pulled Lay out of the car. “I know just the thing to do.”

Suho pulled Lay all the way to the end of the line and began pushing themselves through the crowd.

“Sorry, my friend’s up in front.” Suho said and push through people. “Sorry, my friend saved me a spot up front. Sorry.”

Lay stares at Suho when they get to the front of the line. “You’re an to other people.” Lay said.

“At least I’m not an to my friend.” Suho said. “Look!” Suho said and points at the stage. “Kris!”

Lay turns and looks at the direction Suho was pointing. Kris was smiling and was already starting to sign fans’ albums.

“Suho I don’t think I can do this.” Lay said.

“Nonsense.” Suho said. “You guys were once together! And if I’m not mistaken, you guys didn’t even broke up, you just gave each other a break. He didn’t even say he wanted to break up with you, so it’s unofficial.”

“What are you even talking about?”

“Just go.” Suho said and push Lay up the stairs to the stage. “Hwaiting! I’ll be waiting back at the car!” He said.

Lay sighed. Suho’s right. It’s just Kris, the guy who used to live with him for 6 years.

“Next.” The staff said and it was Lay’s turn.

Lay’s heart was thumping. He was sweating hard and he could hardly breathe. Kris is just in front of him, the guy that he had missed for the past year was literally just in front of him. Kris was still busy signing the album of the previous fan and did not realize Lay was in front of him. Lay opened up his album and gave it to Kris.

“And your name is?” Kris asked without looking up.

“Lay.”

“Lay? That’s weird, I have….” Kris looked up and he stopped.  He stares at Lay and he smiles. “Lay.”

Lay stood there frozen, their eyes met and his heartbeat went faster. “Hi there Kris.” He said.

“I…” Kris wanted to say something but his manager was around him, he looked around and wrote something on a sticky note, tore it out and stick it on Lay’s album after signing it. “Thanks for supporting me!” He said and smiled.

Lay took his album and walks down the stairs. His expression still in shock and his damn heart is not slowing down.

“So?” Suho asked when Lay enters the car.

“Huh?”

“What did he say?”

“He didn’t say anything.” Lay said.

“Did he not recognize you?”

“No.” Lay said. “He wrote something for me.”

Lay opens up the album and found the sticky note Kris has stick.

‘I’m sorry. I’ll call you. <3’

“What the hell…” Suho asked when he saw the note. “That’s all?”

“That’s enough.” Lay said and smiled. “At least I know he’s doing fine.”

“You’re just too nice.” Suho scoffed. “You think he’ll call?”

“Maybe? He’s a busy person Suho.”

“Yeah, too busy until he can’t even call his own boyfriend.”

“Suho, you’re hungry right?”

“How did you know?” Suho asked.

“You’re grumpy whenever you’re hungry.” Lay smiled. “Come on, let’s go get some hot pot. It’s on me.”

“Deal!” Suho said and starts the engine. “Let’s go!”


Lay sat down in front of the piano and began playing it. He played the song that he and Kris wrote together, it was supposed to be a duet and is played by two people. Now, it just felt empty.

Lay was so immerse into playing the piano that he didn’t even realized that the front door opened. He didn’t even realize that someone has walked in and stood behind him. Lay felt someone hugging him and he stood up immediately. He was about to punch the person behind thinking it was a thief or something when he saw that it was Kris.

“Whoa there. It’s just me.” Kris said and smiled.

Lay was stunned. After all this time, Kris was still keeping the key to this apartment they have? Without second thought, Lay ran into Kris’s embrace and buries his face into his chest.

“I thought you’ve forgot about me.” Lay said.

“Idiot.” Kris smiled and pats Lay’s head. “I will never forget you.”

“But you disappeared suddenly and then you didn’t call, or text or anything. I though I’ve lost you.”

“I’m sorry Lay.” Kris said. “After that argument we had that night, I felt bad and I have promise myself that I would not come back, not before I succeed in something.” Kris added while comforting the crying Lay.

“You idiot. Stupid, stupid Galaxy.” Lay said.

Kris laughed and held Lay’s chin. “I’ve missed you.”

“And I missed you too. A year. A freaking year.” Lay said. “I can’t even live without you for a day.”

“Well, you survived a year.” Kris said while wiping away Lay’s tears.

“Don’t you dare leave me again.” Lay said. “I will never forgive you if you do this again.”

“I swear.” Kris said. “I will never leave you. Not anymore.” He said and kissed Lay.

Suho was right, he still loves Kris and Kris loves him back too. 


Sorry for the very late update! >.< 

I've been super busy and lazy (oops) 

Like I've said, I'll still be writing Kray no matter what happens.

So there. Kray FTW! xD