Thank You (HunHan)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

He was there, standing by the window of his 21st floor condo. If he wasn’t afraid of heights, he would have jumped by now. He looked down and frowned deeper. He closes the sliding window and stepped back. Today is the day, the day where he wanted to end his life. Luhan walked towards the kitchen and the gas. The lets the gas leaking throughout the whole room and he sighed. He then walked towards the bathroom and filled the bathtub with water. He took off his white button down shirt and took the blade he had prepared earlier from the bathroom counter. He climbed inside he full bath tub and slits his writs slowly. The pain was unbearable, Luhan grits his teeth and held back his tears. He then quietly submerge his hand into the water and stare into the white wall.

“What seemed to be the problem here ma’am?”

“Officer Oh, I’ve been knocking on the door for ages but he’s not answering.” The old lady said. “I wanted to give him this pie I’ve made and when I came here, I smelled something like gas and I heard water running.”

Sehun frowned. This is not good. He gently lead the old lady back to her house, assuring that everything is fine and went back to knock on the door.

“Sir? Please open the door.” Sehun said. “Sir! Please open up!” He said again with a louder voice. But still, no response.

He stepped back and took a deep breath; he focused on the door and kicked it open. Force entry, that’s the only way to do it. He smelled gas and he immediately covered his nose and mouth with his handkerchief while searching franticly for the house owner.

“Sir? If you can hear me, please answer me!” Sehun shouted. He ran into the living room and push open the sliding windows. He then ran into the kitchen to turn off the stove and immediately turn on the ventilation system. He ran into the bathroom and he gasps.

“Lu… Luhan?” He said to himself. He was horrified by the amount of blood in the tub. Sehun checked for his pulse and was relieved that there is still a pulse. He picked up his talkie and called for backup and an ambulance.

“You will be safe Luhan.” He said. “Hang on!” He grabbed the towel on the sink and wrapped it around Luhan’s wrist. He applied slight pressure to stop the bleeding. “Don’t leave Luhan! Stay with me come on!” He shouted, tears streaming down his face.

The ambulance arrived and so did the police. Sehun carried Luhan onto the stretcher and put him on it. He looked at him, worried, while Luhan was pushed into the ambulance.

“Officer Oh, can you describe what happened?” Inspector Kim said.

“Yes sir.” Sehun said.

“We found pictures of you and the victim in the victim’s bedroom. The two of you seemed pretty close.”

Sehun hesitated.

“Officer Oh?”

“Ah… He’s my ex-boyfriend.” Sehun said. “We broke up a years ago.”

“Didn’t you know that he moved here?”

Sehun shook his head. “I just knew today.” He said.  “We stop contacting each other after the split.”

“I see.” Inspector Kim said. “We’ll continue this in the station.”

“Yes sir.” Sehun said and sighed. He walked towards his patrol car and hop on.

“What’s wrong?”  His partner, Baekhyun asked.

“Luhan committed suicide.” Sehun said.

“What? But why?” Baekhyun asked, shocked.

“I don’t know…” Sehun said. “But the inspector did tell me that he still has a picture of us together in his bedroom…”

“Want to go see him?” Baekhyun asked.

Sehun nods slowly. Baekhyun drove him to the hospital and the two of them separated.

“Call me when you’re done.” Baekhyun said. “I need to go back to work.”

Sehun walked slowly towards the receptionist and asked for Luhan’s room number. He then walked slowly towards Luhan’s ward room. He’s in the ICU and is under observation because he’s in a critical condition. He lost too much blood and needed blood transfusion ASAP. The problem is his blood is type O and there’s none left in the hospital. And also, Luhan refused to receive the blood transfuse.

“Luhan?” Sehun whispered.

Luhan turned and stares at Sehun. “What are you doing here?”

“Luhan, please…” Sehun said. “Why?”

“I don’t know.” Luhan said quietly. “I got tired of living.”

“Luhan…” Sehun walked closer to him. He handed the picture that the inspector gave him earlier to Luhan.

Luhan saw the picture and panicked. He snatched the picture away from Sehun and looks away.

“Luhan… I know you are hard headed… But why did you reject the blood transfusion?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t want to live anymore Sehun.” Luhan said while looking out at the window. “I’m tired of living.”

“Please just do it.” Sehun said. “For yourself!”

“I HAVE NOTHING TO LIVE FOR!” Luhan said. “Leave me alone!”

“Then… Then do it for me!” Sehun said. “I still love you so hard Luhan, why? Why do you want to break up with me? Don’t you love me?”

“I don’t love you.” Luhan said. “I don’t love you at all.”

“Luhan…” Sehun didn’t believe what he had just heard. “You’re lying…”

“I am not.”

“Then why? Why do you still have that picture of us? WHY?” Sehun asked.

“I kept that just to remind myself to never date someone like you anymore.” Luhan said. “Now leave me alone.”

Sehun wipes away his tears and backs away. “Very well… I shall leave, just like you wanted.” He said and ran out of the ward room.

Luhan sighed. Tears began running down. He had been holding them in all this while. He didn’t want Sehun to know that he was lying. Sehun collapse on the hallway, his legs gave way and he was sobbing. His tears were already dripping onto the floor but he just left it like that.

“Sehun?” He heard a similar voice. “Are you okay?”

It was Chen. He had been working here as a doctor for the past 2 years.

“Chen? You work here?” Sehun asked after noticing his name tag.

“Yup.” Chen smiled and nods. “Why are you crying in the hallway. Did something happen?”

“It’s Luhan…”

“I thought you guys broke up…?” Chen asked.

“We did.” Sehun said. “He tried to commit suicide this afternoon.”

“I see…” Chen said. “He’s in there?”

“Yeah.” Sehun nods. “He said he hates me.”

“Whoa… I don’t believe that.” Chen said. “I remembered he used to blabber all about you to me all night long without stopping.”

“Apparently he does hate me now.” Sehun said with a sad tone.

“Wait a minute…” Chen said. “I thought so.”

“What?”

“I was supposed to attend to Luhan as his doctor in charge.” Chen said. “No wonder this looked familiar, Mr. Lu. And I thought I was crazy.”

“What is this?”

“Medical report of Luhan’s.” Chen said. “He seemed fine… Except for…” Chen gasps. “No way.”

“What?” Sehun asked. “WHAT TELL ME!”

“Look here…” Chen said.

“What does this means?” Sehun asked. “I don’t understand medical terms Chen.”

“Sorry… But this… Abnormal amount of white blood cells…” Chen said. “This is not good.”

“Stop scaring me, what is it?” Sehun asked while tugging his sleeves.

“Leukemia….” Chen finally said.

Sehun’s heart skipped a beat. “Leukimia…?” He repeated. “That has to be a mistake, you must be mistaken. Luhan… Luhan is fine.”

“There’s no mistake Sehun… I am sure of this. Look…” Chen said.

“No wonder… No wonder he is lying. No wonder he rejected the blood transfusion. No wonder he wanted to end his life…” Sehun muttered to himself. He got up from the chair and ran towards Luhan’s room.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked while panting.

“Tell what?” Luhan asked.

“About leukemia!” Sehun said. “Why? We could have solved this together!”

“How did you…”

“It was written here in the report Luhan.” Chen said while stepping in. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“There’s none of you guys’ business.” Luhan said and looked away. “Besides, what can you guys do?”

“Donate blood? Fine the right donor?” Sehun asked. “We could have done all that!”

“You won’t understand!” Luhan said.

“I LOVE YOU!” Sehun said. “I LOVED YOU WITH ALL MY LIFE AND I STILL DO!” Sehun exploded.

Luhan kept quiet while Chen decided to let the two of them talk.

“Why did you shut me off? Why did you stop calling me? Why? Why did you move without letting me know?” Sehun asked while crying. “I missed you for days, I cried for weeks and I waited for months to call me back… But you didn’t and all you did was break up with me through a ing text message!”

Luhan kept quiet and was trying hard to not cry.

“Answer me!” Sehun looked at Luhan. “Why? Why? You know I can’t live without you!”

“Because I love you!” Luhan finally said. “I didn’t want to be a bother to you! We were so broke that time when I realized that I have leukemia and you were preparing for your police academy test… I didn’t want to be your burden!” He said while tears flowing down, soaking the pillow.

“I was in such a bad condition that I didn’t want you to see me like that. I moved out because I hated myself for being a burden. I broke up with you through text because I didn’t want to see your sad face, I know I couldn’t have done it facing you, I would give in. It was the toughest decision I have to do!”

Sehun walked towards Luhan and wipes away his tears. He stares into his eyes and bended down to kiss him. They were having some intense French kissing when Chen accidentally walks in on them.

“Oh god I am so sorry.” He said when Luhan pushed Sehun away with a shocked expression. “I hope I’m not disturbing you guys.”

“Uhm…” Luhan blushed.

“Thanks a lot Chen.” Sehun said with a frown.

“Anyway…” Chen said and cleared his throat. “Luhan, you’ll need the blood transfusion and we need to find the correct bone marrow for you.” Chen said. “Do you accept it now?”

Luhan looked at Sehun. “I will…”

Sehun’s talkie rang and he knew that he had to go back to duty. “Luhan, I need to go back to work…”

Luhan smiled. “Go ahead.” He said. “I’ll stay right here, I’m not leaving you anymore.”

Sehun smiled and turned to Chen. “Please help me take care of him.” He said. “I’m still worried.”

“No problem, captain.” Chen said and winked. “I’ll take care of him.”

Sehun ran back to the lobby and waited for Baekhyun, he smiled when Baekhyun reached and he jumped into the car almost immediately.

“Why are you smiling?” Baekhyun asked. “Sorted everything out with Luhan?”

“Yup…” Sehun said and smiled. “Now let’s go catch this criminal.”


“How’s the handsome guy doing?” Sehun asked when he popped his head into Luhan’s ward room after work.

“Idiot.” Luhan said with a weak smile.

“Are you alright?” Sehun asked.

“I think I am.”

“Where’s Chen?” Sehun asked. He had a lot of question to ask him.

“He’s somewhere, I don’t know.” Luhan said.

“You guys called?” Chen asked.

“How did you know?” Sehun asked.

“It’s time for Luhan to take his medication anyway.” Chen said.

Sehun looked at Chen and pulled him to a side.

“What?”

“Chen, why is Luhan so weak?”

“We haven’t found blood for him.” Chen said.

“What?!”

“The supply finished yesterday.” Chen said. “We’ve been contacting a lot of hospitals but the soonest we can get it is by next Monday.”

“Luhan’s blood type is O right?” Sehun asked. “I’m O too.”

“We’ll need to check if it fits.” Chen said. “There’s still the Rhesus factor you know.”

“Let’s go, right now.” Sehun said and pulled Chen outside.

Luhan sat there and stared at both Chen and Sehun, wondering what the hell the two of them are doing.

“We’re all done.” Chen said and Sehun walked behind him, holding onto his arm because the needle hurts.

“Why didn’t you tell me there would be huge needles?”

“I assumed that you know since you were so enthusiastic about it.” Chen said. “Anyway the results will be out in a few days. I’ll tell you by then.”

Sehun walked back to Luhan and he screamed when he saw Luhan holding a knife.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” He screamed.

“I was cutting an apple…?” Luhan asked with a confused look. “Why are you screaming?”

“I thought you were about to do something stupid again.” Sehun said and sighed.

Luhan laughed. “I’m sorry for scaring you though; I was just really frustrated with my life.”

“Never do that again.” Sehun said and kissed his forehead. “We’re gonna make things right together.”


“Are you sure about this?” Baekhyun asked Sehun.

“Please stop asking.” Sehun said. “You’re making me regret.”

“Well, it was fun working with you.” Baekhyun said. “But if it’s Luhan, I can forgive you.”

Sehun smiles.

“When is the café opening?”

“Next Tuesday.” Sehun said. “So that’s why I wanted to get off work earlier to help Luhan.”

“I’ll be your first customer.” Baekhyun said. “Oops, got to go, I’ll see you on Tuesday!”

Sehun walked slowly towards the shop that he and Luhan had set up. The grand opening will be a blast, Sehun thought.

Sehun was just the right person for both Luhan’s blood and bone marrow. He was the donor for Luhan. They went for surgery and everything went successfully. Luhan was saved and Sehun did got fever for a few days but he’s alright.

“You’re late!” Luhan said when he saw Sehun walking into the shop.

“Sorry.” Sehun said and smiled. “I was just busy admiring this shop from the outside.”

“Help me pick out the colour for the curtains.” Luhan said. “Baby pink or baby blue?”

“Baby blue.” Sehun said. “I like that colour.”

Luhan smiled. “Okay.” He nods. “Now let me just call-”

Sehun pulled Luhan into a hug and rest his chin on Luhan’s head. “I am so happy.”

“I am too.” Luhan said and puts his arm around Sehun’s waist. “Thank you for saving me Sehun.”


Some of you guys have wanted HunHan since a very long time ago but I somehow forgot about it... Sorry!