Part 2

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

“I see your brother really likes you a lot.” Lay said when Kris puts the sleeping Chen back on his bed.

“I’ve been taking care of him since…” Kris paused for a while. “Well... Since my mum passed away.”

“I’m sorry…” Lay said.

“It’s alright.” Kris said. “We can still cope.”

“What about your dad?” Lay asked.

“That .” Kris sighed at the mention of his father. “Getting drunk every day and he gambles off everything I gave him.” Kris said.

“Then… Why continue staying here? Isn’t it bad for Chen? I mean for both you and Chen.” Lay asked.

“I want to move out but I can’t afford the places out there.” Kris said.

Lay went silent. He was thinking of something.

“Why don’t you move into my house?” Lay asked.

“Huh?” Kris looked at Lay. “I can’t. Besides, I think your father won’t like it either, with a kid running around his house? Nah…”

“No silly.” Lay said. “That’s my father’s house. What I said is the house my mum bought for me but never allowed me to stay in.” He added. “I usually go there during vacations with my friends but you and Chen can use it.”

“Really?” Kris asked.

“Yeah.” Lay nods. “Besides, I think it’ll be a better environment for Chen to live in. It’s closer to my father’s house too so it’ll be easier for you to work and take care of Chen.”

“Lay… Why are you so nice to me? To us?” Kris asked.

“Because I want to.” Lay said. “I’m not a complete you know.”

Kris chuckle. “I really did think that you were an when I first met you. You looked so ignorant and so cold.”

“Did I really?” Lay asked. “Wow, bad impression, very bad first impression.”

“But now I see it, you’re nice.”

“You’re not so bad yourself.” Lay said. The two of them heard the front door slamming and Kris flinched. “What is it?”

“It must be dad.” Kris said.

“Shh… Lock the doors.” Lay whispered.

Kris shook his head and he went out.

“You! Son! Give me more money!” Kris’s dad said.

“No.” Kris said firmly. “You had enough. I’ve given you everything dad!” Kris said.

“You ungrateful piece of sh…” He was about to hit Kris but Kris stopped him.

“You’re not hitting us anymore.” He said and pushed him away.

“You’ll pay for this.” His dad said and walked back upstairs to his room.

Kris sighed and ruffled his hair.

“That’s a cool thing you did.” Lay said and pat his back. “Come on, we move tonight.”

“What?”

“We’re moving to my house tonight.” Lay said and pulled Kris up. “Pack your bags and Chen’s. I’ll go wake him up.”

Kris pulled Lay’s wrist just as he was about to walk away. He pulled him in for a hug and Lay froze.

“Thank you Lay.” Kris said. “Really, thank you.”

Lay smiled and pat his back again. “Hey, that’s what friends do.”

Kris lets go of Lay and apologizes for hugging him so suddenly. Lay just laughed and went upstairs to get Chen. He shuts the door and lean on the wall when he got into Chen’s room. His heart was thumping fast and his face was hot.

“What is this?” He asked himself. “I can’t be in love with him can I?”

He blushes a little and smiled.

“Hyung? Why are you smiling to the ground?” Chen got up and asked. “Is there gold there?”

“Oh, you’re awake!” Lay said. “Good, come on, we’re going somewhere.”

“Where?” Chen asked.

“Somewhere nice and no one could ever hurt you.”

Chen was really excited when they reached the villa Lay had. He was jumping around and smiling from ear to ear when Lay opened the door.

“It’s really pretty in here!” Chen said while jumping on the sofa.

“Chen, get off the sofa will you?” Kris asked.

“Come on, I’ll show you your room.” Lay said and Chen ran over to him.

Kris was also smiling too. This place does feel like home, it’s clean, organized and warm. Not like his dad’s house, all mess and smell of booze all the time.

“That kid is excited as hell.” Lay said while walking downstairs.

“Can’t blame him, he’s never been to fancy places.”

“You’re mocking me.” Lay said and opens the fridge. “Just as I thought, it’s all stocked and everything you guys need is in here.”

“Lay, really. Thank you for everything.” Kris said.

“Well, if you want to thank me… Bring me home please. I don’t want to get in trouble with father and my mom, they’ll kill me if they thought that I ran off without you.”

Kris laughed. “Of course. But your car..”

“Well get that tomorrow.” Lay said.

“Right.” Kris said. “Chen! I’m bringing Lay home now, stay put and don’t break anything okay?” He shouted.

“He won’t.” Lay said. “He’s attached to my PS3.” He chuckled.

“You’re spoiling him.” Kris said.

“It’s nice having a little brother.” Lay said. “I wish I have one.”

“Well, you can have Chen.” Kris said.

“You wouldn’t give him to me.” Lay said.

“You’re right.” Kris said and Lay punched him.


“Why did you run away in the middle of the movie?” Baekhyun asked.

“Sorry.” Lay said.

“Yo dude, totally uncool.” Sehun said. “Hye Mi was sad the entire day and she almost killed me.”

“Sorry dude.” Lay said again.

“Is that all you know how to say?” Baekhyun asked.

“Can’t talk much! I’ve got things to do.” He said and shut his locker with a slam.

“What do you think he’s doing this time round?” Sehun asked.

“Probably a new girlfriend?”

“Better not let Hye Mi knows about that.” Sehun said.

Lay ran outside of the school and glanced around. There it is, the black car with Kris leaning on it. And Chen too, in the car, waving to him.

“Hey.” He said when he got near.

“Where to sir?” Kris asked with a smirk.

“Shut up.” Lay smiled and climbed into the car.

It’s been two weeks that Kris moved into Lay’s villa. And almost every day after school, Lay would go there till after dinner and have Kris dropped him home. Lay felt happier and so does Kris. At least Lay didn’t have to have lunch and dinner alone and Kris can take care of Chen without worrying about Lay.

“Do you think it’s alright if I move in with you guys?” Lay asked.

“It is your house anyway.” Kris shrugged. “But your father…”

“He trusts you. So I think he’ll be fine.” Lay said.

“Hyung! Come on let’s go swimming.” Chen said and pulled Lay’s arm.

“Okay, okay.” Lay said and smiled. “Let’s go change.”

Kris smiled. He likes it when Chen is happy and Lay… He’s beginning to have this weird feeling towards him, is it love?

“Asleep already?” Kris asked as Lay pulled the sheets over Chen.

“He’s exhausted with all that swimming.” Lay said.

“Let’s go, I’ve made some coffee.” Kris said.

The two of them sat on the sofa with coffee in their hands. The atmosphere was warm and fuzzy and Kris’s heart is thumping, and so is Lay’s.

Kris stood up and walked towards the window. He stares out of it and sips on his coffee. Lay looks at him and he too got up. Lay puts his mug on the table and walks towards Kris. He hesitates and put his arms around Kris’s waist.

Kris straighten his back in shocked and Lay lets go. “I’m sorry.” Lay said.

“No. Don’t be.” Kris said and pulled Lay’s arm, putting them back at his waist. “I’ve been waiting for you to do that.” Kris said.

Lay smiles and rest his head on Kris’s back. “I like it like this.”

“Me too.” Kris said and pulled Lay in front of him. The taller male then puts his arms around Lay’s waist and hugs him tightly. He rests his chin on Lay’s head and smiles.

“I love you.” Lay said.

“I love you too.” Kris said.

“Chen said something about you not getting over your ex… Do you have something you need to tell me?” Lay asked.

“I….”

“It’s okay of you don’t want to.” Lay said.

“No. I want to.” Kris said and pulled Lay towards the sofa. “He… Left me about a year ago. And we’ve been together for five years.”

“That’s harsh.” Lay said.

“Yeah…” Kris said. “We were about to get engage and the next day he just left. Slamming the door at my face, didn’t even give an explanation…”

“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have asked.”

Kris smiles. “But I have you now. And that’s what it matters.” He said and kiss Lay’s forehead. “Promise me you won’t leave me.”

“I promise.” Lay said. “I will never leave you.”


“I’ll be here to pick you up tomorrow at 8 alright?” Kris asked.

“Yeah.” Lay nods.

“I’ll miss you.”

“It’s just a night.” Lay chuckles. “Before you know it it’s 8 in the morning and you’ll see me again.”

“Love you.” Kris said and kisses Lay’s cheek.

“Not there.” Lay said and kisses Kris’s lips. “There.” He whispers.

“I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” Lay said while getting out of the car.

Kris smiles and nods. He watches as Lay walks into the house then he drove off.

“And where have you been?” Mrs. Zhang asked as steps into the house.

“Don’t worry.” Lay said. “I was with Kris.”

“You’ve been spending a little bit too much time with your bodyguard.” She said.

“He’s my bodyguard. Shouldn’t I be spending time with him?”

“I knew it Lay. I knew everything. God... If your father finds out.”

“Finds out what?”

“That you kissed that guy!” Mrs. Zhang said.

“I… What?”

“I saw everything Lay! And I don’t want you anywhere near him anymore. I’m changing your bodyguard.”

“No!” Lay said.

“Lay, you’re our only son.”

“You damn well know I’m not.” Lay said. “I knew everything mom. I know. You and father are getting a divorce aren’t you?”

“Lay that’s enough.”

“Because you found out that Father had another son before he married you?”

“Lay!”

“Why mom why? Does it really matter?”

“You know what your father can do Lay!” Mrs. Zhang said. “If you want the boy safe, you’ll have to forget him.”

“No…” Lay said. “No!”

“Trust me Lay. Your father will do all kinds of things to make that boy disappear from you. So please Lay, do it for you, for him.”

“But I love him…” Lay’s leg have no more strength and he collapse to the ground. He sat there, staring into nothing.

“I know Lay… I know…” Mrs. Zhang was heartbroken to see her son like this. She pulled Lay into a hug, gently the back of his head and tells him that everything is going to be fine. But Lay doesn’t think so, as long as he’s not with Kris, nothing is fine.

The next morning, Lay was outside as usual, waiting for Kris to come fetch him to school with a smiling Chen at the backseat, all ready for school. But Kris did not show up, a dark blue sedan dove upand stopped in front of him.

“Sir.” The stranger said and bowed.

“Who are you?” Lay asked.

“I’m your new bodyguard sir.”

“Where’s Kris?”

“Madam had arranged me to take over his place, sir.”

“No… No… Kris!” Lay shouted and ran away, towards the villa.

He blast through the front door, only to find the house empty. “Kris? Chen?” There was no answer. “!”

“And that Chen, is how you play basketball.”

Lay turned around as soon as he heard Kris’s voice.

“Hey baby.” Kris said and kisses Lay’s cheek and Chen squealed.

But Lay didn’t smile. Tears began to fall instead. He was crying, out of frustration and out of confusion.”

“Hyung… Lay hyung is crying.” Chen said, tip toeing trying hard to wipe away Lay’s tears.

“Chen, can you give us a moment?” Kris asked and Chen nodded. He ran upstairs and straight into his bedroom.

“Shh… It’s alright. I’m still here.” Kris said and wipes away Lay’s tears.

“I thought I’ve lost you. When you didn’t show up just now. I thought you left me.” Lay said, sniffing.

Kris smiled. “Babo.” He said and ruffles Lay’s hair. “You know I wouldn’t leave you.”

“I’m sorry!” Lay said and buries his face into Kris’s broad chest. “I’m sorry…”

“You did nothing wrong Lay.” Kris said and wraps his long arms around Lay.

“If I wasn’t so selfish, you wouldn’t have lost your job. If I could just control myself, my mom wouldn’t have fired you.” Lay said while hitting his own head with his hand. “Babo, babo, babo!”

“Zhang Yixing.” Kris said and held Lay’s hand tightly. “Only  I can call you babo… And I'm the one being selfish, not you.” He said and kisses Lay’s lips. Lay kisses him back. Their lips were connected for a quite a while and when they finally parted, they were both out of breath, both lips swollen from the kiss.

“I couldn always find a new job.” Kris said. “It’s not as hard as it seems.”

“But I wanted to be with you.” Lay said. “I want to be near you.”

“Me too Lay, me too.” Kris said and hugs him tighter. “So what’s your plan?””

“I’m moving in with you guys.” Lay said.

“What are you going to tell your father?”

“I’ll say that I need peace. And since this place is on the hills, it’s quiet and calm and I can relax. I’m sure he’ll say yes.” Lay said. “That is, if he founds out you’re here too…”

“He won’t.” Kris said and smiled. “I’ll be super stealthy. Like Batman.” Kris said that in Batman’s husky voice and that made Lay laughed.

“And that’s why I love you Kris Wu.” He said and pokes Kris’s chest.


The story is not ending yet!

There’s going to be a Part 3 because I didn’t mean to write so much in the beginning but I didn’t want to leave you guys hanging.

But don’t worry! Part 3 is coming out on Friday!