My Roommate (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

“How many times have I told you to stop going into my room without my permission?” Yixing asked while looking at Kris.

“Sorry. I was just checking to see if you need to do the laundry.” Kris said.

Yixing had been super secretive with everything in his room. Kris knew that all along and he respects Yixing. But being the careless kid Yixing is, Kris have to check his room every now and then to check if everything is alright. Yixing is a chemist and he usually have chemistry apparatus lying around everywhere in his room. Unlike Yixing, Kris is a Biologist. He doesn’t know much about Chemistry but he does know that some chemicals are dangerous to be left in the open air. They can react with the oxygen around and produce poisonous gases.

“It’s just that it’s dangerous for someone like you to be inside.” Yixing said. “I mean, there are a lot of chemicals inside and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Kris raised one of his eyebrows. Dangerous? You’re the one that’s clumsy, not me. He thought.

“Anyway, why are you still sleeping inside there then? There are a lot of chemicals inside, isn’t it dangerous for you to sleep there?” Kris asked.

“It’s only there for a while.” Yixing said. “Besides, I know how to handle them.”

“I still don’t like the idea of you sleeping inside.” Kris said. “Can you like at least sleep in the guest room or the living room for the time being?”

“No.”

“Please?” Kris said. “I can’t lose a roommate because of some chemicals.”

Yixing blushed. Is he worried about me?

“Fine, fine.” Yixing said. “I’ll sleep in the guest room for the time being.”

Kris sighed. “Okay then. Now, let’s go get dinner. I’m hungry.”

Yixing laughed. The two of them met in university and now they work at the same place. They have been roommates for 6 years now and Yixing wonders how Kris survived these years with him. Yixing is always clumsy, forgetful and kinda messy at some point.

But Kris was alright with all these. He once said that his brother is way worse than Yixing so he doesn’t really mind. Although he said that, the real reason that he had stick with Yixing for such a long time is that he secretly love that guy and is worried about him all the time.

“Ding dong….” The doorbell rang.

“Is the pizza here?” Yixing asked.

Kris looked at him. “It’s only been 5 minutes since we ordered it.”

“Then who could it be?” Yixing asked and stood up.

“I’ll get it.” Kris said and walked towards the door. He opened it and in came Chanyeol and Baekhyun running into the apartment.

“Kris! I miss you!” Chanyeol said and gave Kris a huge hug and kisses on his cheeks.

“Bleh.” Yixing stuck out his tongue in disgust. “You guys should go get a room.”

“You’re just jealous.” Chanyeol said and stuck out his tongue at Yixing.

“What are you two doing here?” Kris asked while peeling Chanyeol away from him.

“We’re here to visit you guys!” Baekhyun said and smiled.

“Visit?” Yixing raised an eyebrow. “Spit it out. What is it this time?”

“You got us…” Chanyeol said and grinned. “Well…”

“We thought that we can you know, stay at your place for a while because our house is currently under renovation…” Baekhyun said.

Yixing rolled his eyes. “Unbelievable.” He muttered to himself.

“Can we?” Chanyeol said. “Please please please pretty please?”

“Can they?” Kris asked Yixing.

“Fine.” Yixing said. “You guys can stay.”

“Yay!” Baekhyun said and danced around the room.

“But there are rules.” Yixing said.

“What is it?”

“Number one, no entering my room unless you want to die. Number two, no feeding the puppy without my permission. He’s allergic.” Yixing said and pats the puppy’s head.

“Oooohhhh puppy!” Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol squealed. “What’s his name?”

“It’s Ace.” Kris said. “Yixing let me named him.”

“Ace?” Chanyeol looked at Kris. “Isn’t that the name of your stuffed alpaca?”

“Doesn’t matter.” Kris said and pouted. “I like that name.”

“You two shall be sharing this room.” Yixing said and showed them to the guest room.

“Wait, then where are you sleeping?” Kris asked.

“In the living room I supposed.”

“Not with these two in the house. Nope.” Kris said. “You know what kind of pranks they might play on you.”

Yixing laughed. He remembered once during New Year’s Eve, Kris fell asleep on the couch only to wake up the next morning with a pile of things piling on top of him. And the time where the two of them placed cups that are filled with water on the floor in the entire house. It took 3 hours for them to clean up the place.

“Why don’t you sleep in my room?” Kris asked. “I have an extra bed remember?”

“Oh, right.” Yixing said and nods. “I guess that’s the only way.”

“Not to be rude but uh, Yixing, I’m hungry…” Baekhyun said.

“You’re not hungry, you’re Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said and laughed all by himself.

The other three looked at him as if he was crazy.

“How can you live with him for the past 4 years?” Yixing asked.

“The same way how Kris lives with you for the past 6 years.” Baekhyun said and Yixing scoffed.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.” Baekhyun said. “Just saying.” He said and ran back into his room.

“That kid needs a good kick in the .” Yixing said and Kris laughed.

“Pizza’s here.” Kris said and went to open the door. “Guess we should order more since we have company now…” He said after paying the guy.

Yixing kept quiet for a while. “Hey guys!” He shouted. “Pizza’s here!”

And Baekhyun and Chanyeol sure came running like lightning.

“What about you two?” Chanyeol asked.

“We’re going out to have dinner.” Yixing said and tugged Kris’s sleeve. “Let’s go.”

Kris stares at him and nods. “Okay, let me just grab my coat.”

The two of them walked out of the apartment and walked slowly down the pavement. They went to the restaurant nearby that Yixing liked and went in.

They both ordered their food and was sitting by the table, waiting.

“So…” Yixing said. “Am I really that hard to live with?” He asked.

Kris turns and looked at him. “No.”

“Come on.”

“A little bit.” Kris said. “I’ve got used to it. Besides, it’s not that bad.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” Kris said. “I mean, I am really used to you forgetting your stuff and almost bombing down the house.” He joked.

“Wow…” Yixing said. “I am a very bad roommate.”

“No you’re not.” Kris said.

“I am.” Yixing said. “I’ve been so ignorant that I don’t even know your favorite food after being your roommate for the past 6 years.” He said. “I am a terrible person.”

“It’s chicken.” Kris said. “And, you’re not terrible. You’re just busy all the time.”

“That’s not an excuse to completely ignore someone you like…” Yixing said and immediately shut his mouth with his hands. “.” He cursed softly.

“What did you just say?” Kris couldn’t believe his ears.

“Nothing.”

“Uh huh…” Kris smiled. “And it is right for me to take care of someone I’ve loved for the past 6 years by looking out for him.” He said.

“What?”

Kris gently grabs Yixing’s hands. “Yixing, I’ve loved you. I’ve loved you since the very beginning when we first share a dorm room until now.”

“But why didn’t you say anything?” Yixing asked.

“Neither did you!” Kris answered. “I was afraid of rejection and I didn’t want to lose my best roommate.”

“I am not a very good roommate at all…” Yixing said. “I was always a pain in the for you aren’t I?”

“No, no. Not at all.” Kris said. “I didn’t mind all that.”

“But…”

“No buts….” Kris said. “I love you.”

“And I love you too.” Yixing said and smiled.

“We should finish our meal quickly and get back home.” Kris said and Yixing smiled.

Things did not go as expected when they get back home and all they see is a pink Chanyeol and a shocked Baekhyun.

“What did you guys do?” Kris asked.

“Oh I know what they did.” Yixing said. “You two went into my room didn’t you?” He asked.

“It was an accident.” Chanyeol said. “I swear we’re not snooping or anything, we just tried to borrow your laptop and I knocked over a bottle and poof. I’m pink.”

“It won’t come off.” Baekhyun said. “I’ve tried scrubbing him but the pink is just stuck on him.”

Kris and Yixing laughed at the two of them.

“Wait here.” Yixing said and walked into his room only to return a few moments later. “Wash with distilled water, that could help.” He said and gave Baekhyun a huge bottle of distilled water.

“Thanks Yixing.” Baekhyun said and pulled Chanyeol into the bathroom.

“Now where were we?” Kris asked and pulled Yixing into his bedroom.

“Here.” Yixing said and pulled Kris into a kiss. The two of them pulled away as soon as they hear Chanyeol shouting.

“It’s off! It’s off! Yay! I’m not going to be pink like pink panther for the rest of my life!” Chanyeol shouted.

“PARK CHANYEOL! AT LEAST WEAR A TOWEL WHEN YOU GOT OUT THE BATHROOM! YAH!” Baekhyun shouted while chasing Chanyeol around the house.

“Good thing we’re not outside to witness all that.” Kris said.

“Remind me again why are we friends with that two dummies?” Yixing asked.

Kris laughed and kisses Yixing’s forehead. “Just like how a dummy like you is my boyfriend.”

Yixing laughed and pulled Kris onto the bed. 


Surprise! Two stories in a day? Am I drunk or what?

Anyway, I'll be on vacation tomorrow until the 20th of December so I'm not going to update for that time being.

So here you go! Hope you guys like this shorter kind of stories.