I Should Have Listened (Kray) Part 1

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

“I’m leaving!” Kris said while waving towards Yixing.

“How am I supposed to close this gate without you?” Yixing shouted but Kris did not hear him. “Wu Yifan!” He shouted but Kris was already out the school gates and was talking with his friends.

“Here, let me help.” Luhan said and stepped on the door. “You should really get this gate fixed.” Luhan said while looking at Yixing locking the padlock.

“Thanks Luhan! Without your help, I really don’t know what to do.” He said and wipes away the sweat formed on his forehead.

“Why did he leave you alone?” Luhan asked.

“I don’t know.” Yixing said. “Probably went to see his girlfriend.”

“That guy has a girlfriend?” Luhan asked. “Unbelievable!”

“Yeah.” Yixing nods.

“Come on, let’s go home.” Luhan said and pulled Yixing along.

It’s been a month since Yixing’s band was using the old dorm as their place for practice and the gate was broken. It was a very frustrating thing for Yixing as he was the key holder and he needs help from someone to close the faulty gate. Kris usually would stay back for a while to help Yixing but since he knew that his girlfriend would be still in school, he rarely helps Yixing at all.

“You like him don’t you?” Luhan asked Yixing while sipping on the iced coffee they got.

“Who?”

“Kris.”

“No.” Yixing shook his head.

“I’ve known you for years.” Luhan said. “It’s impossible for you to not like him.”

“I really don’t.” Yixing said. “He’s just a friend.”

“Yup. Uh huh.” Luhan shrugged. “I believed you.” He said.

“Fine by me.” Yixing said.

“How long has Kris and his girlfriend been dating?”

“Quite long.” Yixing said. “Three years?”

“They don’t seem happy together though.”

“How would you know Luhan.” Yixing asked. “You’re not the love expert.”

“I’ve seen it with my own eyes Yixing.” Luhan said. “Trust me.”

“Whatever.” Yixing said.

Yixing went home after hanging out with Luhan and he switched on his laptop and as usual, he logged into Facebook and started scrolling down the newsfeed.

“Celebrities dating each other… Boring…” He said and continues scrolling down. And just as he was about to close the window, his chat box pop up.

Hey…

It was Kris.

Whut?

Nothing, just checking on you.

What for?

Nothing. Just feel like it.

Ohh.. If there’s nothing else, I’m logging off. Bye. See you tomorrow.

Yixing typed and closed the window. Idiot Kris. He thought. Always messing around and tries to gain attention.

But somehow it feels weird, Kris had never chatted with Yixing through social media, so why did he do that?

 


“Have you heard?” Luhan asked once he saw Yixing stepping into the band room.

“What?”

“Kris got dumped.”

“You’re joking.” Yixing said.

“Nope, not at all.” Luhan said.

“How did you know?” Yixing asked.

“Chanyeol told me.” Luhan said. “You know, his bestfriend.”

“Yeah.” Yixing nodded. “How is he?”

“I don’t know.” Luhan said. “I’ve haven’t met him.”

“Chanyeol!” Yixing shouted once he saw the tall guy walking pass them. “I have a question!” He said.

“Yeah?”

Yixing ran towards Chanyeol. “So I’ve heard about Kris.” He said and Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “How is he?”

“He says he fine.” Chanyeol said, shaking his head. “But I don’t think that he’s fine.”

“It’s a three year relationship.” Yixing said. “How can he be fine?”

“Do you think you can maybe cheer him up?” Chanyeol asked. “I’ve tried and all he did was smiled at me and nods.”

“I can try…” Yixing said, looking towards the band room.

“Thanks Yixing.” Chanyeol said. “I’ll be going now.”

“Yeah, see you.” Yixing said and ran back to the band room.

“Wow, you’re early.” Kris said, looking at the panting Yixing.

“Excuse me, you’re the one that’s late.” Yixing said. “I was here half an hour early.” Yixing said and pouted.

“Of course, of course.” Kris said and chuckled. “Mr. President.” He said and bowed.

“Shut up.” Yixing said and gave him a punch. “Let’s go get ready.” He said and turned away. Yixing was about to walk away when he thought of what Chanyeol told him.

“Hey Kris?”

“What?” Kris asked.

“You alright?” He asked and Kris looked at him, still unsure of what Yixing is talking about.

“Yeah… Why?” Kris asked.

“Just asking.” Yixing said and turned away.

Kris knew that someone must have told Yixing about him and his girlfriend, he didn’t want his already stressed out friend to know about this but how did he know anyway?

“You don’t just ask people stuff and walk away.”

“I am the president, I can do whatever I want.” Yixing joked and Kris gave him a headlock.

“Aha! I knew it! The two of you are dating!” Luhan said and laughed.

“Wait, what?” Yixing looked at Kris and then back at Luhan. “Stop it Luhan.”

“How did you know?” Kris followed Luhan’s lead and continues their double act. “It has always been a secret relationship!”

“Can you two stop?” Yixing asked. “The other members are staring at us.” He said and they just laughed.

“Relax Yixing.” Luhan said and pat him on the back. “At least you have your BOYFRIEND.” He said and ran away.

“That guy…” Yixing said and sighed. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s fine.” Kris said. “It’s fun.”

“What?”

“From this day onwards, we shall be the fake scandal couple okay?” Kris asked. “You didn’t answer, that’s a yes.” He added and ran away.

“Wait!” Yixing shouted. “You didn’t even wait for my response.”

“You two were dating?” Someone asked and Yixing turned around. It was one of their juniors and he didn’t know what to respond.

“NO!” He said and stomped back into the band room.

“Luhan you’re so dead after this.” He said and Luhan chuckled.

“I’m just helping you know.” Luhan said and Yixing glared at him.

“Thanks, no thanks.” He said and sat down.

Yixing glanced at Kris from time to time, ignoring their conductor and getting killer glares from his section leader.

“Yixing! Are you listening?” Luhan asked and slapped him on the back.

“What? Yes!” Yixing snapped back into reality and said.

“What did I say just now?” Their conductor asked.

“Uhm… Repeat sign?” Yixing said and Kris giggled.

“You’re the president and you’re not listening.” Their conductor said and face-palmed.

“Sorry…” Yixing said and looked at Luhan for help.

But Luhan was laughing at him as well, not realizing the situation.

“Why are you even my best friend?” Yixing mumbles to himself and stares at the music score.


 

“He likes you.” Luhan said.

“Shut up.”

“I can see the way he stares at you.”

“Not listening.”

“Oh just accept the fact that he likes you will ya?” Luhan said and Yixing stares at him.

“Ha.” He said. “Funny.”

“Yixing!” He hears Kris shouting his name.

“What?”

“Let me help you carry this.” He said and took Yixing’s instrument from him.

Luhan then gave Yixing an ‘I-told-you-so’ look.

“What about yours?” Yixing asked.

“Already there.” Kris said and smiled.

Yxixing chuckled. “Okay… You’re fast.”

“You looked so stressed out nowadays, so I figure that I helped out a little bit.” Kris said while the both of them walked towards the band room.

“I’ll just leave the two of you lovebirds alone.” Luhan said and ran towards the band room.

“That guy…” Yixing mumbled and Kris just smile.

“Yixing…” Kris said and stopped walking.

“What?”

“You’ve heard about me?” He asked.

“I’m not blind Kris.” Yixing said. “I can see that you’ve changed a lot.”

“I’m sorry if I’m not how I used to be.” Kris said.

“I know it’s hard. A three years relationship…”

“Yeah…” Kris chuckled. “It’s sad but, doesn’t matter, let’s not think about that.” He said and continues walking. “Last one there is a rotten egg!”

Yixing smiled. At least Kris is taking it alright…

Later that night, Kris called Yixing and he was shocked.

“Why are you calling me?” Yixing asked.

“No reason.” Kris said. "Just feell like talking."

“And you thought of me? Oh, how thoughtful.” Yixing said in a sarcasm tone.

“I needed someone to talk to.” Kris suddenly said.

“Oh… I’m sorry Kris.” Yixing said.

“It hurts.”

“I know…”

“She’s the first ever person to make me cry.” Kris said.

“Kris….” Yixing doesn’t like it when Kris is sad, he doesn’t know why but he just doesn’t like it. It makes him feel uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry for disturbing at this time.” Kris said. “I should go now.”

“You know you can always call me when you feel like talking.” Yixing said. “I’ll always be here to listen.” He said and he can hear Kris chucking at the other line.

“Thanks… You really are my best friend.”

“Everything I can do for my best friend?” Yixing asked.

“Correction Yixing, it’s not best friend, it’s fake boyfriend.” Kris said.

“Excuse you.” Yixing said and laughed.

“Thanks Yixing, you really know how to cheer me up.” Kris said. “Guess I’ll see you tomorrow at school?”

“Yeah… Good night!” Yixing said.

“Good night.” Kris said and hung up.

Yixing smiled when he thought of Kris calling them the ‘fake scandal couple’.

“Oh no…” Yixing gasped. “I think I might be in love with that tall idiot now.” 


 

Muahaha another Kray one! PART ONE FOR NOW! Part two is under 'construction'.

I accidentally deleted the completed version so now I'm like FUUUUU.....

But still hang on for Part Two!