Feels (XiuChen)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

tumblr_inline_nx73t8DTxx1tsioc5_1280.jpg

Xiumin was walking down the stairs at the theme park his father owns. He was looking around, walking around just like every other day. He liked walking around the theme park at this time of the year, where it was always busy, crowded with people and there is always laughter around wherever you go. Just as he was walking back to his office, he saw someone standing under the water fountain.  It was a guy and his eyes are closed, while his hands are outreached. Water was splashing over his hands and he smiles whenever the water hits him.  Xiumin was just staring at him and he didn’t realize that he was smiling all this time. He smiled and walked towards the guy. He taps on his shoulders and the guy turned and looked at him.

“What are you doing?” Xiumin asked.

“Feeling the water on my face.” He answered.

“Why?”

“Because it feels nice.”

“Really?” Xiumin asked.

The guy nods his head. “Yeah, really.” He smiled. “Try it.”

Xiumin looked at him and he walked closer towards the fountain. He reached out his hands and closed his eyes. Water began splashing onto his face and it feels relaxing. Xiumin couldn’t help but smile.

“Sir?” Xiumin suddenly heard someone calling him. He opened his eyes and realizes that his assistant was standing beside him. “What are you doing? You have a press conference in 30 minutes.”

“Oh, that.” Xiumin said and cleared his throat.

“We need to get you ready…” His assistant said.

“Of course.” Xiumin said. “Bye.” He turned and said to the guy just now.

“Will you be here tomorrow as well?” The guy asked him.

“Tomorrow?” Xiumin asked him. He paused for a while and he smiled. “Yeah, I’ll be here.”

The guy smiled. “Then I’ll see you here tomorrow.”

Xiumin nods and he walked away.

He had a press conference to announce the shutdown of the theme park for a major upgrade project and that the park will be open in less than a year. He sighed. It was the first time he will be facing a crowd and there will be a lot of reporters. He hates talking in front of reporters. They kept asking questions that even he could not answer. Xiumin has to take over the family business once his father retires and his father is currently training him to do everything.

“And so, I announce the shutdown of the theme park starting from next month for our major project.” He said. “The date of the re-opening will be then announced when everything is ready.”

“Mr Kim, may I ask you, why is there a sudden shutdown happening now?” One of the reporters asked.

“Mr Kim, where is the CEO? Why isn’t he present to this press conference?”

“Will you be the next person in charge after the CEO retired?”

“The director will not be answering all other questions unrelated to the theme park.” Xiumin’s assistant said through the microphone.

Xiumin sighed and grabbed the microphone back from his assistant. He smiled and looked around.

“Any more questions?” He asked and he let out a sigh of relieve when nobody raised their hands to ask about anything. “And that would be it for this conference. Thank you.” He said and walked downstage.


Xiumin walked towards the fountain where he met the smiley guy yesterday. He looked around to look for him but he was nowhere to be seen. Xiumin started walking around the fountain, listening to the water splashing and looking at people playing in it.

“Hey, you’re here!” Xiumin heard someone called out. He turned and smiled. There he is.

“You’re late today.” Xiumin said.

“I had a little problem in the toilet.” The guy said and laughed.

Xiumin smiled. “Oh right. I didn’t get your name yesterday.” He said.

“It’s Kim Jongdae.” He said. “But my China friends call me Chen.”

“China friends?” Xiumin asked.

“I used to study in China.” Chen said.

“Oh…” Xiumin smiled at Chen.

“And you?” Chen asked. “What’s your name?”

“It’s Minseok. Kim Minseok.” Xiumin said. “But I have this nickname where people would call me Xiumin.”

“Why is that?” Chen asked.

“I don’t know.” Xiumin said. “My mum started calling me that and now everyone calls me that.”       

“Oh. I see.” Chen said and flashes Xiumin a huge smile. “You kept your promise.”

“Do I look like I would lie?” Xiumin asked.

“No.” Chen said and blinked. “It just seems like you’re very busy.”

“Oh that.” Xiumin said. “Just my normal daily routine.”

“Who are you actually?”Chen asked.

“You really don’t know?” Xiumin asked.

Chen shook his head. “If I knew I wouldn’t ask you.”

Xiumin chuckled. “I’m the Director of this park.”

“Really?” Chen asked with his eyes wide opened.  He backed up and bowed. “Good afternoon sir.” He said.

Xiumin was confused. He looked at Chen and blinked a few times. “What are you doing?” He asked.

“Uhm, I’m actually one of the workers here…” Chen said. “I worked at the theatre part of the park.”

“Really?” Xiumin looked at him. “How come I have not seen you before?”

“I got the job yesterday!” Chen said and smiled.

“Oh!” Xiumin smiled. “That’s great! So you work onstage?”

“Nope. Just backstage.” Chen said. “But I believe that I would stand onstage some days.”

“You will.” Xiumin said. “I believe in you.”

“Hey, are you free later?” Chen asked suddenly.

“Why would you ask?”

“Let’s go watch the evening show together.” Chen said.

“Evening show?” Xiumin asked. “We have that?”

Chen looked at him. “You didn’t know we have that?”

“No.” Xiumin answered, embarrassed.

Chen laughed at Xiumin’s embarrassed face. “Not many people know that we have a evening show.” He said. “And that is because everyone likes the fountain show better.”

“Okay.” Xiumin smiled. “I’ll be seeing you later there.”

“I guess I should get back to work.” Chen said and smiled. “I’ll see you later.”

Xiumin waved and watched Chen walked away. He smiled and followed Chen. And just as Chen was approaching the theatre, he stopped and stood there. Xiumin looked at Chen, curious about what was he doing. And just as Xiumin was about to walk towards Chen, he collapsed and fell to the floor. Xiumin’s eyes widen and he rushed towards Chen.

“Chen! Chen! Are you okay?” Xiumin asked. Chen did not give any response to Xiumin and he panicked. He picked Chen up and rushed towards his car and he drove to the nearest hospital. He sat outside the ward room while waiting for the doctor to finish checking on Chen. He stood up immediately when the doctor came out.

“Doctor, is he okay?” Xiumin asked.

“And you are…?”

“Oh, I’m his friend.”

“I see.” The doctor nodded. “He had a serious case of Thalassemia and this is a normal case for him.” He said. “He needed blood transfusion but without his family here, we can’t do anything. He had refused the transfusion a few times. Can you try convincing him to do so?”

“Huh? Oh… I’ll try.” Xiumin said. “So will he be fine for now?”

“There are no serious problems for now but I’m afraid it would be critical if this kept on delaying.”

“Okay thank you doctor.” Xiumin said and walked inside. He saw Chen sitting on the bed, pouting and sighing.

“Hey.” Xiumin smiled. “Feeling better?”

“No.” Chen said. “I feel like .”

Xiumin looks at him and sighed. “A penny for your thoughts?”

Chen kept quiet. He stares at the ground, avoiding Xiumin’s eyes.

“Come on, I’ll show you something.” Xiumin told Chen and pulled him off the bed.


“Where are we going?” Chen asked.

“Just follow me.” Xiumin said.

Chen kept quiet and followed Xiumin’s lead. He looked at Xiumin’s back view and smiled to himself.

“Here.” Xiumin stopped. “We’re finally here.”

“What is this place?” Chen asked, looking around. “It’s beautiful.”

Xiumin smiled. He had bought Chen to this place where he always comes to whenever he felt frustrated or just needed some time alone. It was his favourite place, a meadow somewhere in the mountains. He found it accidentally one day while driving around.

“It’s just a place I like to come to whenever I felt bad.” Xiumin said. “I just shout out anything to make myself feel better.”

Chen looked at Xiumin. “To tell you the truth, the reason that I rejected the blood transfusion was because I didn’t have the money to do so.” He said.

“Does your parents know about this?” Xiumin asked.

Chen shook his head. “I’m an orphan.” He said. “My dad left me and my mum before I was even born and my mum died when I was 16.”

“Oh….” Xiumin looked at him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

“But on the bright side, I ‘m still here. Still alive and moving around.”

“Have you ever considered having the procedure done?”

“Of course I did.” Chen said. “But not now.”

“Why?”

“Like I said, financial issues.” Chen said and smiled. “I will one day.”

“I can help you.” Xiumin said.

Chen shook his head. “I want to do it myself. Besides, we have just known each other and how could I ask for money from you?”

Xiumin kept quiet. He wanted to help Chen but there is nothing that he could do. Chen was right, they have just met and clearly Chen didn’t want his help. He looks at the smiling Chen and he sighed.

“I PROMISE THAT I WILL TAKE CARE OF MY NEW FRIEND KIM JONGDAE!” Xiumin suddenly shouted.

“What are you doing?” Chen asked.

“Try shouting, it feels good.” Xiumin said. “Besides, no one’s here to judge you.” He added.

Chen looked at him and back at the meadow. He took a deep breath and shouted.

“I SWEAR THAT I WILL RECOVER AND I WILL BE THE BEST THEATRE SINGER EVER!” He shouted.

“That’s it!” Xiumin said. “YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR PROMISE!” He shouted.

“I WILL!” Chen shouts back.

Xiumin smiled. He felt happy whenever he is with Chen. He really liked hanging out with him.

“We should get back.” Chen said. “I need you to go to work.”

“Right.” Xiumin said. “Let’s go.”

“Hey Xiumin.” Chen called him. “Thanks. I feel so relieved now.”

“You’re welcome.” Xiumin said. “You know, you can always come here whenever you felt bad or sad.”


Xiumin looked at his watch. He was going to the fountain today to meet up with Chen. They have been meeting up for the past few weeks during lunch hours to have lunch together. Xiumin also went to help out at the theatre during the evening shows with Chen.  The two of them had been spending a lot of time together.

“Hey Umin? Can I ask you a favour?” Chen asked while munching on their sandwich.

“What?” Xiumin asked while passing Chen a napkin.

“Uhm it might be sudden but can I come over to your house today?” Chen asked while looking at Xiumin.

“Sure!” Xiumin answered. “Why not?”

“No, no I meant…. Uhm… I need to stay over at your place tonight.”

Xiumin looked at Chen, curious. “Why?”

“Well, the pipe in my house leaked and my landlord wanted me to move out for a while for the repairs...” Chen said.

“Ah.. I see… Sure. I’ll come and fetch you tonight then?”

“Will your parents be okay with that?” Chen asked.

“They’re not at home.” Xiumin said. “My mum’s at Hong Kong and my father went to LA.”

“Are you sure?” Chen asked. “I can always find a hotel to move into…”

“Don’t be stupid.” Xiumin said and flicked Chen’s forehead. “Hotels are expensive and it doesn’t feel as comfortable. Just come over.”

“Okay…” Chen looked at Xiumin. He smiled and turns away.

“What?” Xiumin asked. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No.” Chen said. “I just think you’re cute.”

Xiumin blushed. He looks away and smiled to himself. And that evening, Xiumin went and pick up Chen to move into the guest room in his house.

“Everything done?” Xiumin asked while helping Chen with his luggage.

“Yup.” Chen said. “ Are you sure it will be fine?”

“Dude, it’s not like we’re stealing something or smuggling something overseas. You’re just moving into my house.”

“You’re right.” Chen said. “You’re right.”

“Come on. We’re leaving.” Xiumin chuckled.

Xiumin drove Chen back to his house and the two of them were silent in the car. Xiumin got awkward and he isn’t the type that likes to talk much. Chen however, started drifting off to sleep beside him. He tried to keep himself awake by humming some songs but that just made him sleepier.  

“Well, we’re here.” Xiumin said and took off his seatbelt. He looked towards Chen and found out that he was sleeping. “Chen?” He tapped him gently. Chen didn’t move.

“Chen wake up.” Xiumin shook him harder.

“Just let me sleep!” Chen said while flailing his arms around. He missed Xiumin by just a little bit.

“Remind me not to wake you up in the middle of the night.” Xiumin said to himself and laughed.

Chen opens his eyes and he blinked. He rubs his eyes and saw Xiumin’s face beside his. “We’re here?” He asked.

“Yup.” Xiumin said. “Come on, let’s go.”

Xiumin helped Chen with his luggage into the guest room and Chen just plopped onto the bed. “Ah, finally. BED!” Chen said and Xiumin laughed.

“You’re acting like you have not slept forever.” Xiumin said. “Hold on, let me go get the pillow.”

Chen got up and helped Xiumin with the pillow. He glanced at Xiumin and playfully hit him with the pillow. “PILLOW FIGHT!” He shouted.

“How dare you?” Xiumin said and the two of them began throwing pillows at each other, chasing each other around the bedroom and finally jumping onto the bed, both exhausted.

“Let’s not do this anymore.” Chen said.

“I agree.” Xiumin said. “I’m tired.”

The two of them laughed. Chen turned and Xiumin’s face was just inches away from his. He blushed. He had been secretly crushing on the older male beside him and his heart pounds like crazy whenever he sees him.

Xiumin turned and Chen immediately turns away.

“Okay now. Go take a bath. I’ll see you at dinner later. I’m cooking.” Xiumin said.

“You cook?” Chen asked.

“Don’t underestimate me though.” Xiumin said and laughed.

Xiumin went to the kitchen and begin cooking dinner for his guest. He was busy in the kitchen that he did not realize his younger brother, Sehun just came back from his friend’s house.

“You’re cooking tonight?” Sehun asked. “That’s rare!”

“Shut up you.” Xiumin said. “I thought you went to Luhan’s place?”

“He needed to go to work.” Sehun said. “He had night shift tonight.”

“Tough being a doctor eh?” Xiumin asked. “Imagine when you two get married.”

“Shut up.” Sehun blushed. “I’m going back to my room.”

“Oh no you don’t.” Xiumin said. “You’re helping me.”

“We have a guest coming over?” Sehun asked while washing up the used dishes.”

“We already have.”

“Ooooh, hyung.” Sehun said while looking at Xiumin slyly. “Who did you bring home?”

“Shut up.” Xiumin said. “He’s just a friend.”

“Are you sure?” Sehun asked and laughed. “Oh oh is he the one that you have been talking about all day long?”

“SHHH!” Xiumin shut Sehun up.

“HE IS ISN’T HE!” Sehun said. “I knew it. Where is he? I wanna finally meet him.”

“He’s taking a shower. But you, shut it.”

“Why hyung?” Sehun asked. “Just tell him!”

“What if he didn’t felt the same?” Xiumin asked. “I don’t want to lose him.”

‘Hyung.” Sehun placed his arm on Xiumin’s shoulders. “You’re so in love.”

“Just shut up and help me with this.” Xiumin said and gave Sehun the can opener.

What Xiumin didn’t know was Chen was listening to their conversation all this while. He was hiding at the hallway and he was smiling and blushing all this while. And all throughout dinner, he was avoiding Xiumin’s eyes and he kept talking to Sehun because he was feeling shy towards Xiumin. He now knows how Xiumin feels and he wanted to tell him about it.


“Hey, Umin, listen. I uhm.. I like you.” Chen said. “No… That’s too weird.” He said to himself.

He was alone in the bedroom, trying to figure out ways to confess his feelings. He was walking back and forth in the room, sitting down and standing back up. Just as he was going to start walking around again, he heard someone knocking on the door. He went and opened it. It was Xiumin.

“Hey uhm, am I disturbing you now?” Xiumin asked.

“No.” Chen said. “I wasn’t doing anything.”

“Can I come in?” Xiumin asked.

“Sure sure.”

“So I uhm, I have something to tell you.” Xiumin said and looked at Chen.

“What is it?” Chen asked.

“It’s uhm, yeah so, uh…” Xiumin hesitated. “Is everything alright for you?”

Chen smiled. He knew that the latter is nervous and he likes to .

“Of course. What could be wrong?” Chen said. “Everything is fine.”

“That’s great! That’s great…” Xiumin said while rubbing his nape. “So if there’s nothing I’ll be going….”

Chen tugged on Xiumin’s sleeves, indicating that he had something to tell him. Xiumin turned around and Chen gave him a peck on the cheek.  Xiumin’s eyes widen and he stares at Chen.

“You’re being slow old man.” Chen said and laughed.

“How… What?”

“Don’t you get it?” Chen asked. “I really like you.” Chen said.

“I uh… I uhm…” Xiumin hesitated. “I like you too.” He blushed.

Chen ran into Xiumin’s arms and hugs him tightly. “I never thought you would feel the same way.”

“Me too.” Xiumin said and his hair. “Me too Chen.”