Smile For You (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

“Please?” Lay looked at Kris with his puppy eyes.

“Okay, fine.” Kris said, he gave up after looking at Lay’s puppy eyes. He always does. “I’ll tell Luhan.”

“Yay!” Lay jumped and hugged Kris. “I love you Kris!” He said.

Kris froze. Lay always said that he loved him, but does he really feel that way? Kris and Lay known each other for a long time, longer that Kris could remember.

“Hey Luhan!” Lay shouted when he saw Luhan. He skipped to him and grabbed his arm.

Luhan, the guy that Kris had been jealous of over the past years. The three of them were the best of friends and Luhan, Luhan is just perfect. He can dance, he can sing, he’s handsome and he can even act.

“What were the two of you discussing about just now?” Luhan asked Kris.

“Nothing.” Lay said.

“Lay wanted you to come watch us play basketball.” Kris said and Lay stepped on his foot. “Oww! What?”

Luhan laughed. “When is the tournament again?”

“Tomorrow at 3.” Lay said with his eyes wide open.

Kris rolls his eyes. It’s clearly that Lay has a huge crush on Luhan. He can’t stand Lay being all mushy around Luhan, he’s jealous.

“I’ll see if I can make it.” Luhan said and nods his head.

“Please come Luhan.” Lay said, aegyo all over. “Kris and I need your cheer!”

Luhan laughed again and Kris sighed. He gave Lay a headlock and punch his head lightly.

“You’re the one that needs his cheer. Don’t pull me in.” He said and Lay whimpers.

“Shut up duizhang!” Lay said and struggles out of Kris’s grab. “Now I hate you.”

“Good.” Kris said and stood up. “I’ll be in the gym if you need me.”

“Duizhang!” Lay shouted but Kris just ignored him.

“Hey Lay?” Luhan called.

“Yeah?”

“When are you telling that idiot that you love him?” Luhan asked.

“Shh!” Lay got up and shut Luhan’s mouth with his hand. “He might hear you!”

“He’s gone Lay.” Luhan pulled Lay’s hand away. “Seriously, what do you see in him anyway? He’s cold, ignorant, a jerk, and an idiot and dumb.”

“I don’t know.” Lay said and smile. “Maybe it’s those things that attracted me. He acts cold, acts like a jerk but he’s cute with his idiocy and dumbness. You know, sometimes he uses aegyo over me.” Lay said.

“You’re joking right?” Luhan asked. “Him? Aegyo?”

“No.” Lay said with a serious expression. “I love him because of those.”

Luhan smiled. He had known Lay for almost 10 years now, and so does Kris. And he can clearly see that Kris and Lay loves each other but they’re just too oblivious to know that. There are countless times where he tries to set them up but failed because the two dumb asses were too oblivious to get the hint.

“What about you?” Lay asked. “What do you see in Sehun?”

Luhan blushed. “He’s cute, funny and kind.”

“Yeah and a jerk too.”

“Oh shut up Lay.” Luhan said. “If you don’t confess soon, high school’s gonna end, and that time we’ll be going to different colleges and Kris, he might just get stolen by some girl.” Luhan said and Lay sighed.

“I know Lulu. I know.” Lay said. “Maybe we’re just not meant to be with each other.”

“Not meant for each other my .” Luhan said. “Hell, did you see the way he looked at you? Those soft looks that are only for you?”

“Huh?”

“What I’m trying to say is, he might be feeling the same about you. You just can’t see it, yet.” Luhan said/

“Naw… He won’t.” Lay said.

“Lay…” Luhan sighed. “Whatever. Now, let’s go get ice cream.”

“Oh I can’t, sorry.” Lay said and stood up. “I’m going to the gym, training for tomorrow.”

“Just say that you’re going to see Kris.” Luhan said. “I know Lay, I know.”

“Whatever Luhan.” Lay said and gave Luhan a mehrong and ran away. “See you tomorrow!”

“Those two idiots…” Luhan whispers to himself and smile.

“Hey Lulu!” He heard someone shouted his name and he smile.

“Hey Sehun.” It’s Sehun, the guy he is so madly in love with.

“Yehet!” Sehun said and smiles.


“Kris! Lay! Hwaiting!” Luhan shouted.

“Luhan, calm down!” Sehun said and pulls Luhan back to his seat. “The match hasn’t even started yet.”

“I’m just excited Sehun!” Luhan said.

“Save your energy later.” Sehun said. “So let me get this straight. The two of them are in love with each other but are too dumb to realize?” Sehun asked, recalling the story Luhan told him yesterday.

“Yeah.”

“Well, that’s ironic.” Sehun said.

“What?”

“Remember when you were too dumb to realize that I have a crush on you?” Sehun asked. “Yeah, it’s just about the same.”

“Oh Sehun!” Luhan pouted and Sehun chuckled.

“Okay, okay…” Sehun pats Luhan’s cheeks. “It’s easy.”

”How?”

“Make Kris jealous.” Sehun said. “And he’ll feel the need to win Lay over.”

“Well, what should I do?”

“That, you’ll have to figure it out yourself.”  Sehun said and sipped on the Pepsi they bought.

Luhan thought for a while, how to make Kris jealous? He thought hard and he finally got an idea.

“Lay! Hwaiting! Lay!” He stood up and shouted. “Lay! Zhang Yixing! Zhang Yixing!”

“What the hell?” Kris heard Luhan shouting below from the audience.

“He’s so embarrassing!” Lay said and hid behind Kris.

“Luhan, what are you doing?” Sehun asked and pulls him back again.

“You said to make Kris jealous.” Luhan said and blinks his eyes. “I’m doing that.”

Sehun chuckles and face palmed himself. “Well, suit yourself.”

Luhan stares at Sehun for a while and turn back to face the court. The match is starting. And of course, Kris, being the ace of the team, he scores the first points during the first two minutes of the game.

“Duizhang! Hwaiting!” Lay said and gave Kris a high five.

Kris smiles and Lay stares at him. Kris had never smiled like that to him. Lay froze on the spot and did not realize the ball coming his way.

“Zhang Yixing!” Kris and Luhan both shouted but it was too late. The ball hit Lay’s head and he collapse to the ground.

The game stops. Everyone went silent and Kris ran over to Lay and picks him up, laying his head on his lap.

“Lay! Lay! Zhang Yixing! Get up!” Kris shouted. “Get up!”

Lay opens his eyes slowly and looked at Kris.

“Huh?” He blinks a few times. “I’m fine. I’m fine.”

“Gosh.” Kris sighed. “You almost gave me a heart attack.” He said.

“Sorry.” Lay sits up and smile.

“You sure you can continue?” Kris asked, he’s worried about Lay.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” Lay nods and gave him a thumbs up. “Let’s go.”

Kris looks at Lay and after a few seconds staring at him, he turns and gave the referee thumbs up, signaling him that it’s fine to continue the game. The referee nods his head and the whistle went off, the game continued.

Luhan was cheering like crazy back in the audience seat. For both Kris and Lay, but mostly Lay.

“Sit down!” Sehun said and pulled Luhan down. “You’re getting a sore throat for sure.”

“If this can hook Kris and Lay up, it’s worth it.” Luhan said and stood up again. “Zhang Yixing! Hwaiting! Zhang Yixing hwaiting!”

Lay heard Luhan’s cheering and his spirits were high. He turns around and gave Luhan a thumbs up and continues chasing the ball. He scares a few points and that made the crowd went wild. Kris gave him a few high fives as the two of them keep on scoring.

30 seconds left on the timer and their scores are even. Ly was having the ball and was aiming to dunk. Blocked. The ball was stolen and he saw Kris chasing the ball. He keeps eyeing the timer, 18 seconds left. Lay successfully stole the ball back and again, ready to score. He looks around, Kris was asking to pass. Lay has to make a choice, to score or to pass. 10 seconds left, Lay passes and Kris catches it. He shoots and he SCORE!

The crowd went wild and everyone started cheering. Everyone ran towards Kris and they threw him in the air. “Kris! Kris! Kris!” They chant his name. Lay looks at him and smile.

“Great game duizhang.” He said.

“Great pass.” Kris said.

“Lay!” Luhan shouted. For him, ‘Operation Making Kris Jealous’ has just started.

“Hey Luhan!” Lay said and gave Luhan a high five.

“You were great!” He said and Lay blushes.

“It was all thanks to duizhang.” Lay said and looked at Kris.

“It’s nothing.” Kris said. “I’m heading towards the shower now.”

“Okay… See you later.”

“But the celebrat…” Luhan said but was cut off by Lay placing his hand on his mouth.

“He’s always like that Luhan… He doesn’t like celebration.” Lay said.

“Wow, he sure is ignorant.” Luhan said and pulls Lay’s hand away.

“Luhan, at some point you’ll get used to it.” Lay said and chuckled.

“Gee… I was helping.” Luhan pouted.

“Fine… I’m going to take a shower too now. See you later.”

“*Cough* Want to see *cough* Kris ? *cough*.” Luhan said while trying hard not to laugh.

“Shut up Luhan!” Lay blush immediately and pushes Luhan away. “Look, Sehun’s waiting.”

“Just saying~” Luhan said and skipped away. “See you later.”

Lay scoffed and walked towards the locker room.

“I’ll think about it.” Lay heard someone saying. It was Kris.

“Kris, this is a great opportunity, think about it carefully you understand me?” Their coach said.

“Yes coach. I understand.”

“Good. Now move along.”

Kris sighed and walked away. Lay looked at Kris and then back at their coach.

“Lay! What are you doing here?” The coach noticed Lay standing there.

“Huh? Oh nothing coach! I was heading towards the locker room.” Lay said.

“Move along!”

“Yes coach.” Lay said and followed Kris towards the locker room.

He opens the door to the locker room and glanced around. Kris was nowhere to be seen. He walks in and walks towards his locker, pulling out fresh towels and his t-shirt and just as he was walking towards the shower, Kris walked out, with only a towel around his waist.

Lay stares at Kris and walks into the wall. “Ouch!” He shouted.

Kris chuckles and looked at Lay’s forehead. “You alright?” He asked.

“Yeah… But it hurts.” Lay said and massages his forehead.

“Silly Lay.” Kris said and touches Lay’s forehead gently.

Lay’s eyes widen and he stares at Kris. He was so close; Kris’s face was just a few inches away from his. This was the first time in their almost 10 years of friendship Kris was being so gentle. The look that Kris was giving was so gentle, so warm, so, so handsome. Lay was blushing so hard.

“Uhm Kris?” Lay said and looked into his eyes.

“Yeah?”

“Just now, what were you and coach discussing about?”

“It was nothing.” Kris said and walked towards his locker.

“Oh?”

Kris took out his uniform and sat on the bench. He sighed and looked at Lay and Lay immediately knows that Kris is keeping a secret from him.

“Hey, if I was gone one day, what will you do?” Kris asked suddenly.

“Gone as in?”

“Gone as in… Left this place, gone as in disappear.”

“I would miss you.” Lay said. “A lot, like, majorly miss you. And try to look for you.”

“I’m leaving.” Kris cuts off Lay and said.

“Leaving But we have class…”

“Lay, I’m leaving the school. I’m transferring.” Kris said softly.

‘”Transferring….?” Lay was stunned.

“There’s this school, a sport school in Japan. They have sent a representative to observe me and he saw the match just now and now, he’s offering a place in their school.” Kris said. “Would you want me to go?”

Lay kept quiet. Of course he didn’t want Kris to go. Of course he wants him to stay, but Kris… He can’t be selfish.

“You should go.” Lay said.

“Huh?”

“I mean, it’s a great opportunity and all… This could lead you to your future career.”

“But I can’t be here with you anymore.” Kris said and that hurts Lay’s heart. That’s right, he can’t be here with him anymore.

“We can video call each other every day.” Lay said, trying very hard to smile.

“I’ll be alone in Japan.”

“I’ll visit you?”

Kris stood up. He went over to Lay and move closer to him. Lay backed off until his back hit on of the lockers.

“Kris…”

Kris punched the locker door.

“Why?” He asked. “You didn’t even think of wanting me to stay?”

“Kris I…”

“You don’t want to stay?”

“Kris… No… You’re….”

“So I see…” Kris didn’t even bother to let Lay finish his sentence. He turns away and walked towards his locker, he finishes changing and walked out of the locker room.

“You didn’t even let me say the things that I wanted to say to you.” Lay mumbled and tears started forming.


“Hey did you know that today is Kris’s last day here?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah, so?” Lay didn’t even look up from his notebook.

“So? Did you tell him?”

“Tell him what?”

“ZHANG YIXING!” Luhan shouted and Lay jumped.

“What?”

“Did you tell him that you love him?”

“No.” Lay said. “It doesn’t matter anyway, he’s leaving.”

“Lay.” Luhan said. “Look at me.”

“What?” Lay was getting annoyed.

“I know you love him, I don’t know what happened to you two after the match that day but get a grip of yourself. Wake up Lay! Kris is leaving! He’s walking out of your life forever, forever Lay!” Luhan said and shook Lay. “You hear me? FOR.E.VER.”

“Whatever Luhan.” Lay said and pushes Luhan away. “I have homework.”

“Well… If you change your mind… Kris’s plane leaves at 3pm later.” Luhan said and stood up. “Lay, don’t regret this.”

Lay pretends not to hear the last sentence Luhan said and continue writing on his notebook. After an hour or so he finally finishes his homework and looks up. It’s already 2pm.

Lay sighs and hesitates. Do I really want Kris to go? Do I really need to like this? Why can’t I be more selfish? He stood up but sat back onto his chair.

“No… Luhan’s wrong. I don’t need Kris. I don’t need him, I don’t love him, and it’s just merely just a simple crush.”

Lay was wrong, very wrong. He couldn’t pay attention to class for the next half an hour, thinking about what Luhan said and Kris. The bell rang and it was time to go home.

Lay took his bag and began walking home. He stops at Kris’s class and waits for him.

“Lay? What are you doing here?” One of Kris’s classmates asked.

“Waiting for Kris. Why?”

“Lay… Kris transferred.”

“Oh right… Right…” Lay said and nods. “Thanks.”

He walks away and heads towards the main gate. He walked pass the basketball court and he stops. This place reminds him of the first time he starts playing basketball. Kris was teaching him everything but he kept dodging every ball Kris pass to him.

“Can you catch it?” Kris asked.

“It’s coming towards my face!”

“Then catch it!”

“Fine!”

Lay smiles. Maybe Luhan was right. He does need Kris, he does love him.

“WHAT WAS I THINKING?” He hits his own head and runs to hail a taxi.

He reached the airport just in time and he ran around, searching for the tall figure that he knew so clearly. He looks everywhere and he was panting hard. He looks around and finally, he spots the tall giant at the security gate.

“WU YIFAN!” Lay shouted and Kris turns around. Lay ran past the security guards and towards Kris. He gave him a tight hug and buries his face into Kris’s chest. “I’m sorry, I love you!” He said.

Kris was shocked at Lay suddenly knocking into him and hugging him so tightly.

“Please, don’t go. I need you.” Lay whispers and Kris smiles.

He pulls Lay away from the security gates and towards the airport lobby.

“Kris… I...”

“Shh.. I know Lay, I know.” Kris said and smiles. “I love you too.”

“I’m sorry that I’m such an idiot. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Lay said. "And you! I want you to stay, I want you to stay with me forever! I'm never letting you go!"

“Stop apologizing!” Kris said and lift Lay’s chin. "I'm sorry too."

“But don’t you think that I’m being too selfish?”

“If anyone’s being selfish, that’s me.” Kris said and kisses Lay.

Lay kisses him back without second thought. Luhan was right, he really, really need Kris by his side.

“Don’t leave me anymore.”

“I won’t.” Kris said and smiles.

“I like it when you smile. You should do that more often.”

“You know Lay… This smile only exists when I’m with you.” Kris said and hugs Lay.

“Cheesy idiot.” Lay said and hugs him tighter.


I realized that you guys like cheesy stuff haha

I’ll write more cheesy stuff then muehehe

I actually wrote this in school secretly without my teacher knowing LOL

If they knew, I could be sent into the counseling room hahahaha