My Hyung and My Teacher (KaiSoo)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

“Hyung hyung hyung hurry up!” Sehun said while pulling onto Kai’s hand. “I’m getting late hyung!”

“Sehun can you please calm down!” Kai said while sipping on his coffee. “Finish up your cereal first then we’ll be going.”

“But I will be late!”

“It’s only 8!” Kai said. “Your kindergarten doesn’t start till 9 Sehun.”

“But I wanna go early…” Sehun said and pouted.

Kai looked at Sehun. He smiled. Is little brother is what he have left in the family. His responsibility is to take care of him no matter what. Kai stood up and ruffled Sehun’s hair.

“Okay then, I promise you we’ll go once you finish this up.” He said.

With that, Sehun smiled and jumped back onto his seat and began gobbled up his cereal. He almost chokes and began coughing.

Kai rushed towards him and starts patting his back. “See that’s why I said don’t rush.” He said sternly. “Now, slow down.”  

“Hyung hyung, you know Luhan?” Sehun asked while munching on his cereal.

“No, is he your best friend?” Kai asked.

“Yup!” Sehun nods. “Best of the best friend!”

Kai smiled. He loves it when his brother is happy. Today is one of the rare days where he is able to send his brother to school. He usually lets Sehun go on the kindy van that comes every morning. He felt sorry towards his brother most of the time because he felt that he did not spend enough time with him.

“Hyung! I’m done!” Sehun shouted.

“Okay, okay! Don’t need to shout now.” He said and laughed. “Come on. All aboard the Kai mobile.”

Kai drove Sehun to school and Sehun is just excited. He really likes it whenever his hyung brings him to school because its more comfortable than the van and he gets to spend more time with his hyung.

“Hyung you went too far!” Sehun said when they just drove past the school.

“Oops.” Kai said and turned back. He wasn’t used to this place yet.

“LUHAN!” Sehun shouted just as he got down from the car. He sprinted towards the Chinese kid that was sitting in the ground, playing with toys.

“Sehun! You’re early today!” Luhan said and smiled.

“Yeah! Because I have my hyung to send me today!” Sehun said excitedly.

“You have a hyung?” Luhan asked. “I never knew that.”

“It’s because he’s always busy.” Sehun said. “Where’s teacher Kyung?” He asked.

“He’s inside, busy with the class preparation.” Luhan said.

“Sehun can you please calm down?” Kai asked while handing Sehun his water bottle. “Where is your teacher?”

“Inside.” Sehun said and pointed towards the classroom. “He will be here in a while.”

And just as Sehun finished his sentence, Kyungsoo walked out of the classroom and towards Sehun and Luhan.

“Hey kids, you guys are early today.” Kyungsoo said.

“Uh huh.” Sehun nods. “It’s because my hyung got me here!”

“Your hyung?” Kyungsoo asked and looked at Kai. “Oh, so he’s your hyung!”

“….” Kai looked at Kyungsoo with his eyes widen… Kyungsoo?

Kyungsoo looked at Kai and he smiled. “It’s been so long, Kai…”

“Yeah… It’s been so long…” Kai said while rubbing his nape. “Thank you for taking care of Sehun these days.”

“It’s my duty to do so.” Kyungsoo said and smiled. “You know, Sehun talked a lot about you.”

“He does?” Kai asked and looked at Sehun and Luhan.

“I’ll show you something.” Kyungsoo said. “Follow me.”

Kai followed Kyungsoo into the classroom. He’s curious about what is he going to show him. Kyungsoo went to a pile of paper, all drawings of the kids. He flipped through a few of them and pick one out. He then gives it to Kai.

“This is Sehun’s.” He said and smiled.

Kai took it and he smiles. It was a drawing of himself. Sehun had tried to draw him and coloured his hair with a dark brown. Tall, wearing a tie, his watch, everything fits Kai perfectly. He looks at the title that Sehun had rote of the top middle of the paper.

“The Person That I Love The Most…?” Kai read.

“That’s right.” Kyungsoo said. “He really loves you a lot.”

“He does…” Kai said and smiled.

“Oh and there’s more.”  Kyungsoo said and lead Kai to the other pile. “He really misses you.”

Kai took the paper and read it. His eyes got watery as he read what was written by Sehun.

“I should have known.” Kai said while wiping his eyes. “I should have spent more time with him.”

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked. “Do you need my help?”

“It’s okay.” Kai said. “I just felt like I’ve not taken good care of my brother.” He said.

“But he still loves you like crazy.” Kyungsoo said.

“So I really want to thank you for taking care of him.” Kai said. “Thank you for taking care of Sehun all this while.”

“Just part of my job.” Kyungsoo said and smiled.

Kai smiled, everything was not as awkward as he would though it would be. He looked at his watch and sighed. “Well, I’ve got to go now. I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll see you later.” Kyungsoo said and bowed. “Sehun? Come say bye bye to your hyung.”

“Aww you have to leave already?” Sehun asked. “That’s not fun.”

“I’ll be back to pick you up later okay?” Kai asked. “I promise.”

Sehun pouts and waved. “I’ll see you later!” He shouted.

Kai waved back and got into his car. He drove off after a few glances towards the waving Sehun.


“Sehun, isn’t you brother coming?” Kyungsoo asked.  

“I don’t know…” Sehun said. “He said he promised.”

“Let us give him a call shall we?” Kyungsoo asked.

Sehun nodded. He took out the card that Kai put in his backpack for just in case. Kyungsoo took it and he smiled. Kai had not change his phone number. He called Kai and waited as the phone ringed. He waited and waited but there was no response from Kai.

“Well, he did not pick up…” Kyungsoo said and stares at his phone. “Well, I guess you have to wait for me a little Sehun, I’ll bring you home. You have the keys right?”

“Kai hyung hid keys at the porch.” Sehun said.

“Okay, now wait for me while I clean up and we can go.” Kyungsoo said.

Sehun nods and continues playing with the blocks on the floor. Kyungsoo took a glanced at him and smiled. After 30 minutes of cleaning, he was finally done. He took Sehun to his motorcycle and the two of them went off to Kai’s house. He knew exactly where to go…

“Teacher? Can you stay with me until hyung comes back? I don’t want to be alone in the house…”

“Huh? Uhm okay… Now just go and take a bath and I’ll try to call your hyung and see.” Kyungsoo said and smiled.

Sehun smiled cheekily and ran upstairs. Kyungsoo sighed and sat down on the sofa. He got out his phone and dialled Kai’s number again; still no answer. He pouts and put down his phone. He sighed and he slide down lower on the sofa.

“Teacher…?” Sehun called him.

“Hmm?” Kyungsoo looked at him. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m hungry…” Sehun said.

“Oh….” Kyungsoo looked at the clock. It’s way past dinner time. He looked at Sehun and he got up. “Can I use your kitchen?” He asked.

“I think you can…” Sehun said. “Kai hyung never uses it anyway.”

“Huh…” Kyungsoo walked towards the kitchen and he opened the fridge. “Oh…”

“Kai hyung never cooks.” Sehun shrugged.

“Yeah now that I see that…” Kyungsoo said while rummaging through the fridge. “So what do you eat every time?”

“Hyung sometimes cooks ramen, and we usually eats takeout… Or if we’re lucky, the ahjumma next door invites us to dinner…”

“That sounded kinda unhealthy…” Kyungsoo said.

“What about you teacher?” Sehun asked.

“I cook.” Kyungsoo said. “Well, we can’t cook with just eggs and fish balls…”

“We can go out to the mart across the street.” Sehun said.

“Shall we?” Kyungsoo asked and Sehun nods happily. “Okay then, let’s go.” He said.

Sehun held Kyungsoo’s hand and the two of them walked towards the mart. Kyungsoo had to stop Sehun from putting too many snacks into the cart with walking down the aisle. But in the end, he allowed Sehun to put two of his favourite snack into the cart.

“Teacher, what are you making?”

“Something warm since it’s so cold!” Kyungsoo said and smiled. “Now go ahead and play first. I’ll call you when I’m done.”

“Okay!” Sehun said and ran back to the living room. He turns on the TV and began watching Pororo.

Kyungsoo’s phone rang. It was Kai. Sehun took it and answered it.

“Hello? Teacher Kyung’s phone here!” He said.

“Sehun? Are you home now?”

“Uh huh.” Sehun said and nods.

“You’re with your teacher Kyung?”

“Yup.” Sehun said. “Hold on, teacher’s coming.” He said. “Teacher! It’s hyung!”

“Okay thank you Sehun.” Kyungsoo said and took the phone. “Hello?”

“Hello? Kyungsoo?” Kai asked. “I’m so sorry I didn’t picked up your calls. And Sehun, I’m really sorry…”

“It’s okay.” Kyungsoo said. “Are you coming back soon?” He asked.

“I think so…”

“Okay. I’ll be waiting.” Kyungsoo said. “See you later.”

Kai hung up and he covers his hands with his face. “What have I done? Forgetting my own brother…. What a useless brother am I…”


“I’m home…” Kai said quietly.

“Sehun’s asleep.” Kyungsoo said and yawned.

“I’m so sorry for this.” Kai said. “I really am.”

“It’s okay.” Kyungsoo said. “It’s not your fault that you have to work.”

“Thanks for everything…” 

Kyungsoo looked at Kai’s tired face. “Have you eaten dinner?” He asked.

“No…” Kai sighed.

“I thought so.” Kyungsoo said and walked towards the kitchen. “Hold on, I’ll go heat up the soup.”

Kai stood up and pulled Kyungsoo into a hug. “Kyung….” He said.

“Kai, what are you…”

“I’m sorry.” Kai said. “For everything, the argument, the breakup…”

“That was five years ago…” Kyungsoo said.

“I admit… I am stupid. I was a fool and I shouldn’t let go of you.” He said. 

“Kai… Don’t cry.” Kyungsoo said and wipes Kai’s tears away.

“I’m sorry.” He said. “But for the past five years I have been thinking of you everyday. When I see Sehun I think of you… I still remember how you took care of him when I was a dumb and clumsy brother.” He chuckled and sniffed.

“I remember too.” Kyungsoo said. “You were such an idiot that you didn’t even put milk powder into the bottle so you just gave him warm water instead.”

“I was sleepy that time…” Kai pouts.

“Now just shut up and come on to the kitchen to have dinner.” Kyungsoo said and pulled Kai’s tie. “It’s not good to starve.”

Kai pulled Kyungsoo into a hug and he kissed him on the head. “You know I love you…”

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo said and laughed.

“Does that mean that you forgive me?”

“No.” Kyungsoo said. “No forgiveness given to the brother that forgot his own little brother at school.”

“That was an accident.” Kai said. “And, I didn’t forget him, I was in a meeting.”

“Yeah whatever.” Kyungsoo said. “Are you eating or not cause I sure am.”

“You have not eaten too?” Kai asked and Kyungsoo ignored him. “You were waiting for me?”

“No.” Kyungsoo blushed. “I was just….”

“You know you love me.” Kai said and hugs Kyungsoo tightly.


“Hyung…” Sehun rubs his eyes and stares at Kai.

“Oh… You’re up early…” Kyungsoo said.

“Oh .” Kai said.

“No swearing in front of Sehun!” Kyungsoo said and covers Sehun’s ears.

“You guys…”

“We… Uhm…” Kai looks at Sehun with an awkward look.

“You two are finally together!!!” Sehun shouted and jumped around. “You know how hard it was for me and Luhan to set you guys up?”

“How…. Sehun…?” Kai looked at him, confused.

“You’re getting old hyung, you should get married soon.” Sehun said without even blinking.

“SEHUN!” Kai blushed and looked at Kyungsoo, he was blushing too.

“Well… I’ll go brush my teeth… I won’t bother you guys anymore.” Sehun said and walked out of the room.

“That kid…” Kai said and shook his head. “So cheeky.”

“Just like you!” Kyungsoo said and kissed him on the cheek. “Now get ready. You need to go to work.”

Kai smiled and pull Kyungsoo back into the sheets. “I still have some time to spare.” He said and Kyungsoo blushed.

“SHUT UP.”


EHEY! Finally a KaiSoo! 

Haven't written KaiSoo for a year!