Coffee Shop (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

Yixing was sitting by the coffee shop window, sipping on his coffee while waiting for his date to show up. He looked at his watch and realized that 15 minutes had passed and his date is still nowhere to be seen. He sighed and continues staring out the window. His phone rang and he checked the message. It was from his date.

11/15/2014 14:17
I’m so sorry! Stuck in traffic jam, I’ll be there in about 10 minutes.

11/15/2014 14:18
It’s okay, I’m still here waiting for you.

Yixing sighed. It was one of the blind dates that his sister had set up for him. He didn’t really want to go on a date with anyone. He’s busy with work and now he has to go on a blind date? He had never met the guy that his sister had set him up with.

11/15/2014 14:30
I’m here. Where are you?

Yixing looked up and look around. He saw a guy holding his phone and he was wearing a blue coat. He raised his hand to attract his attention. Maybe it’s him. The guy saw him and walked towards him.

“Yixing?” He asked.

“Yes.” Yixing nods. “You must be Kai.”

“Nice to finally meet you.” Kai said. “Can I have a seat?”

“Oh sure sure.” Yixing said.

The two of them were in an awkward silence for quite a moment.

“So… This is awkward.” Kai said and laughed awkwardly.

“Yeah…” Yixng said and looks away. He didn’t have anything to talk about with Kai.

Suddenly, Kai’s phone began ringing and he answered his phone.

“Hello?” He said and paused for a while. “I’ll be right there.” He said.

Yixing looked at him with a blank expression.

“I’m sorry… My brother got into trouble in school. I’ll need to go now. Sorry about that.” Kai said and stood up.

“It’s alright.” Yixing smiled.

Kai smiled and walked out of the coffee shop. Yixing sighed. Well, all that for nothing. He called his sister and told her everything.

“Oppa you’re really useless.” She said.

“Shut up you.” Yixing said. “It’s not my fault that his brother is being an in school.”

“Just don’t leave yet. I’ve set up a lot of dates for you today.”

“You what?”

“Yup.” His sister said. “I’ll send their numbers to you in a while. Bye oppa.” She said and hung up.

“That kid needs someone to teach her a lesson…” Yixing said and shook his head. His phone notification began ringing and saw that his sister had sent more than 5 more contacts to him. Yixing slumped back into the chair he was sitting on. He raised his hand to call the waiter.

“May I help you sir?” The waiter asked.

“Give me another cup of Americano please.”

“I’ll be right back.” The waiter said and walked towards the kitchen.

11/15/2014 15:00
Is this Yixing? Your sister just sent me your phone number and wanted me to ask you out.

11/15/2104 15:01
Yeah. I know. In fact, I’m in this coffee shop now, are you free now?

11/15/2014 15:03
Yeah sure. Where is this coffee shop?

11/15/2014 15:04
Sending my location to you. Hold on.

Yixing never did like these kind of flash dates. What’s worse is that they never pick up calls, they always prefer to text message all the time.

“You’re Yixing right?” A guy walked towards him and asked. “Hi, I’m Chanyeol.”

Yixing thought that this is it. Chanyeol seemed like the perfect one. The one. But he was wrong. Chanyeol is not THE perfect one. He keeps on talking about himself, on and on and on. About what he did and what he achieved.

“When I was in high school, I was the football team’s captain. With me leading, we won a three year streak.” Chanyeol said while smiling.

“Oh, that’s cool.” Yixing said and smiled. He turned around and saw the waiter just now, he was wiping the cups and putting them back into the shelves. He saw Yixing looking at him and he smiled. Yixing smiled back and turn back to listen to more of Chanyeol’s achievement.

“What about you? What did you achieved?”

“Me? Oh, I was in the school’s debate team. And uh, I write music. My songs were once selected for one of Korea’s top boy band, Super Junior.”

“Oh, you’re cool.” Chanyeol said.

“Thank you.” Yixing said, he didn’t know what to say some more.

The day ended with Chanyeol talking away, saying how they could go always visit his office and he’ll show Yixing more of his achievements.

“I’m home…” Yixing said while entering the house.

“How did it go?” His sister asked.

“It .”

“What? I thought they were perfect!”

“Yeah, Kai went back early and Chanyeol’s an .” Yixing said and sat down, turning on the TV.

“Well, you still have tomorrow to go.”

“UGHHHH.” Yixing said and stares at the TV.


Yixing is back at the coffee shop from yesterday but this time, he decided to sit at the counter instead of the window seat. He really wanted to know the smiling waiter that had served him yesterday.

But he wasn’t there. One of his colleague told Yixing that today was his off day, he won’t be coming for work today. Yixing sighed.

“Well, let’s just get this over with.” He said to himself.

The day ended with Yiixng walking home again, sulking. These guys are worse than the two yesterday. At least Chanyeol or Kai didn’t insult his job or criticize about his outfit. Yixing thinks that he is perfectly fine, the other guy just have very bad fashion sense.

Yixing went back to the coffee shop the next day, this time not to go on dates, but to just work there. He brought his laptop, his notebooks, his headphone, and his phone and he sat down by one of the round tables there. He actually didn’t want to admit to himself that he is there actually just to see the waiter that he didn’t get to see yesterday.

“Sir may I have your order?” The familiar voice said.

Yixing looked at and once again, he was looking at the waiter, smiling so happily towards him.

“Do you want another Americano?” The waiter asked.

Yiixng shook his head. “I’ll go with espresso today.” He said. He also get a glimpse at the waiter’s nametag, Kris.

Yixing was just having his own sweet time, composing and looking for information on the internet when suddenly his phone rang. He looked at it, one of the blind dates that his sister had set him up with. He sighed and mutes the call.

“Aren’t you going to answer that call?” Kris asked while setting down Yixing’s coffee on the table.

“Nope.” Yixing said without looking up from his laptop. “Too busy to entertain them.”

“So I heard you were looking for me yesterday.” Kris said and Yixing immediately stop typing. Busted…

“Oh uh…”

“Is there something I could help you with?” Kris asked.

“Uhm I uh… Want to know if uhm…” Yixing struggled to look for the correct words to use. “If you guys do sell any of these coffees that you brew. It tastes amazing.” Yixing said while looking at his coffee.

Kris chuckled. He knew immediately that Yixing was lying. “We actually do.” He said. “It’s over there is you are interested.”

“Thank you.” Yixing said and blushed. What a lousy excuse.

Kris smiled and went back to work. Yixing just sat there and look around him. Someone familiar caught his eye and he looks again, it was his ex-boyfriend, Suho.

“Yixing?” Suho asked when he saw Yixing looking at him. “Is that you?”

“Yeah.” Yixing just smiled and nodded. “It’s me.”

“Oh my god, how long has it been? Two years?”

“Yeah a little over two years.” Yixing said. “How are you?”

“Great. You?” Suho asked.

“I’m doing just fine.”

“Wow, you’ve change a lot in these two years.” Suho said while sitting down.

Yiixng laughed. “Yeah. I got a job and learned how to dress better.” He said. “So, how are things going in London?”

“Oh I actually moved back here last year.” Suho said.

“Oh?”

“Yeah, guess that being in my own hometown is far better than living so far away.” Suho said and smiled.

They kept quiet for quite a while and Yixing felt that he atmosphere is very awkward.

“There’s something that I need to tell you.” Suho said and Yixing’s heart skipped a beat.

Suho and Yixing were in a long distance relationship when Suho left to London two years ago. The broke up after two months because Suho said that he couldn’t handle the distance. Yixing was devastated but he had learnt to let go.

“What is it?” Yixing asked.

“I’m getting married.” Suho said.

“You what?” Yixing’s eyes opened in shock.

“I’m getting married next week.”

“Wow… That’s so sudden… Who’s the groom?”

“It’s Kyungsoo.” Suho said.

Yixing was shocked to hear that it’s Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was their high school junior that had a huge crush on Suho for like forever.

“We met at London and just… You know…” Suho said.

Yixing kept quiet. Is this the reason that Suho left him?

“I wanted to tell you but I couldn’t get you on your phone.  I was planning to drop this at your place but since I’ve met you here…” Suho said and took out an envelope lined with black colored lace from his chest pocket.

“Congratulations Suho…” Yixing said. “I’m happy for you.” He said.

Yixing didn’t know what to feel. He has mixed feelings about this. He wants to feel happy for Suho and Kyungsoo but at the same time he felt sadness, disappointment and hatred.

“You are coming right?” Suho asked.

“I think so…” Yixing said. “I’ll have to check.”

“Give me a call when you’ve decided. I’ll be waiting.” Suho said and stood up. “And oh, my number is still unchanged.”

Damn it. Yixing thought. How did he know that I still have his number saved in my phone?

“I guess I’ll see you soon.” Suho said.

Yixing just merely nods his head and Suho walked away. Yixing sighed. He didn’t have the mood to continue his work now. He just stares into his coffee and sighed.

Kris saw everything and decided to cheer Yixing up. He thought for a while and an idea hit him. He drew some coffee art on a new cup of coffee and walk towards Yixing. He place it on the table gently and Yixing looked up.

“This is on the house.” Kris said and winked.

Yixing looked at Kris walking away and then back at the coffee he just gave him. Yixing smiled. Kris had drawn a kitten on the coffee using cream and the kitten was saying cheer up to Yixing. He turned and saw Kris looking at him. Kris smiled and gave him an ok sign. Yixing chuckled, he is starting to like this coffee shop more than he expected.

When he got home, Yixing got blocked by his sister in the hallway.

“Why didn’t you answer your phone?” She asked.

“I was working.” Yixing said.

“Well you can at least answer my calls.” She said.

“Can you stop setting dates up for me? I’m getting tired of it.” Yixing said.

“If I don’t, when are you getting your own boyfriend huh? When are you getting married?”

“I will, eventually so stop!” Yixing said.

“I’m just worried about you okay?” His sister said. “You’re my little brother and I want you to be happy.”

“I know…” Yixing said and puts his arm around his sister’s shoulders. “I just haven’t found the right one yet.”

“What’s this?” She asked while tugging at the envelope Suho gave him earlier.

“It’s nothing.” Yixing said and pulled it back.

“Suho’s wedding?” She asked and looked at him. “Suho’s getting married?”

“Yup.”

“Are you going?”

“Nope.”

“Why not?” She asked.

“Cause I don’t feel like it.”

“Please don’t tell me you’re not over him yet.” She said.

“Puh lease, I’m so over him.” Yixing said.

“Prove it.” She said. “Prove it by going to his wedding.”

“Fine.” Yixing said. “I’ll even go with a date.”

“You’ve said it, now you can’t take it back.”

Yixing immediately regret what he just said. How is he supposed to go look for a date before next Saturday?


Yixing decided to go talk a walk around town just to let off his mind for a moment. He was just casually walking down the street when he accidentally bumped into Kris.

“Oh, sorry…” He said and looked up. “Kris?”

“Oh hi! Fancy meeting you here.” Kris said.

“You’re not working today?” Yixing asked.

“Nope, today’s my off day.”

“How many off days do you have?” Yixing asked.

“Two. But I work on Sundays.” Kris said and smiled. “Wait, you knew my name but I don’t know yours.”

“I’m Yixing.”

“What do you say we go get a cup of coffee together Yixing?” Kris asked. “It’s getting cold out here.”

Yixing smiled. The two of them walked towards one of the coffee shop nearby and went in. Yixing was just about to order his coffee when he saw someone that he had never want to meet. Sehun.

“Yixing?” Sehun called and walked towards him. “Why didn’t you answer any of my calls?” He asked.

“I’m sorry Sehun.” Yixing said. “I was busy this whole week.”

“Never mind, since you’re here why not we have some coffee together?” Sehun asked and tugged Yixing’s arm.

“I can’t.” Yixing said and pulled his arm away.

“Aww come on. We have so much to chat about!” Sehun said.

Kris on the other hand, was sitting down to wait for Yixing. He saw that Yixing was talking with Sehun but he has an uncomfortable expression. Kris knew that he had to go ‘rescue’ Yixing.

“Is everything alright?” He asked and Sehun looked at him.

“Who’s this?” He asked.

“He’s uh... Uh… My…”

“I’m his boyfriend.” Kris said and Yixing’s eyes widen. WHAT?

“Excuse me?” Sehun asked.

“I’m Yixing’s boyfriend.” Kris said. “You’ve got a problem with that?”

“No…” Sehun said. “Anyway, I’ll see you around Yixing.” He said and walked away.

“Thanks Kris.” Yixing said. “That kid was a pain in the .”

Kris laughed. The two of them ordered their coffee and went to sit down at the seat near the window.

“Who was that anyway?” Kris asked.

“Someone my sister recommended.” Yixing said. “She’s always introducing guys for me to meet.”

“Why is that?”

“Long story.” Yixing said. “But she is just scared that I might not be able to get a boyfriend, so she’s ‘helping’.”

“Sounds like she really hoped that you get a boyfriend ASAP.”

“Yeah…” Yixing nods. “What about you? Any boyfriend… Or girlfriend?”

Kris laughed. “No, no boyfriend or girlfriend. Been single all my life.” He said.

“Being too picky?” Yixing asked.

“You can say that.” Kris chuckled. “What about that guy that day at the coffee shop? You look like you like him a lot.”

“Which one?” Yixing asked.

“The one with the white colored blazer.”

Suho. Yixing thought.

“Naw he’s my ex-boyfriend and he’s getting married next Saturday.”

“What?” Kris asked. “So the envelope he gave you was actually a wedding invitation?”

“You saw?”

“Sorry, I swear I wasn’t stalking you. It’s just that the envelope kinda attracted me.”

Yixing laughed. “Yeah, it’s a wedding invitation.”

“You are attending?” Kris asked.

“I guess so.” Yixing said. “Speaking of that, can you just pretend to be my boyfriend for the second time and go to the wedding with me?” He asked, not looking into Kris’s eyes.

“What?”

“My sister wanted me to go with someone but I just couldn’t find anyone to go with me.” Yixing said and shrugged. “But if you don’t then I understand…”

“I’m fine with it.” Kris said and Yixing looked at him. “I’ll just act like your new boyfriend, am I right?”

Yixing blushed. “I mean… Kinda, I guess…”

Kris smiled. “Leave it all to me, I’m the best actor around here.” He said and winked.

Yixing’s heart skipped a beat, the man sitting in front of him is perfect. He’s attractive, hardworking, nice and is a perfect boyfriend, or even husband material.

Kris caught Yixing staring at him and he chuckled. “Is there something on my face?” He asked.

Yixing blushed harder than before. “No, no.” He said and looked down on the table.


“You have not yet explained to me about this mysterious guy that you’ve been dating.” Yixing’s sister said while they were sitting down on the church bench.

“He’ll be here soon.” Yixing said and looked around, looking for Kris. “Just hold on for a while.”

He was just glancing around when he saw Kris walking towards his direction, wearing a black blazer with a white shirt and white pants.

“Hey.” He said and naturally swooped down to kiss Yixing on the cheek. Yixing was caught off guard and blushed. “Sorry I’m late baby.” Kris said.

“It’s alright.” Yixing said while not looking into Kris’s eyes. “Uh this is my sister.” He said.

“Nice to meet you. And you are?” Yixing’s sister asked.

“I’m Kris.”

“So tell me, how long have the two of you been dating?” She asked.

“It has been a week or two right Xing?” Kris asked and grabbed Yixing’s hands.

“Yeah…” Yixing said with his eyes wide open. “We met at the coffee shop. Kris works there.”

“Interesting…” His sister said. “Well, at least I don’t have to worry about you anymore.”

“Shh it’s starting.” Yixing said as the wedding march began to play.

Kyungsoo walked in and walked towards Suho who was waiting for him at the other end. Yixing didn’t know why but it hurts him a little inside when they both said their wedding vows. They were once so in love with each other that they can’t even be separated. Funny how time changed everything.

Yixing couldn’t stand the atmosphere in there anymore. He stood up and walked quietly out. Kris saw him sneaking out and he followed Yixing out too.

“Is everything alright?” He asked and Yixing jumped.

“Scared me a little there.” Yixing said and smiled.

Kris walked up beside him and leaned in the wall. “Anything you want to share?”

“It’s nothing.” Yixing said.

“Come on.”

“It’s just that, I don’t know why but… It hurts.” Yixing said. “It’s not that I can’t get over him, it’s just that it’s just so weird that things changes so fast that it scares me.”

“I don’t know what to say but hey, I’m here for you.” Kris said and smiled. “You have me to talk to.”

“Kris thanks for coming today with me.” Yixing said. “I owe you once.”

“It doesn’t matter when you’re helping someone you like.” Kris said and Yixing looked at him.

“What are you…”

“I like you a lot Yixing.” Kris said. “You’re always sitting at the coffee shop and I’ve realize how much you like being there.”

It’s true, the coffee shop was the nearest to Yixing’s house and he liked being there. The aroma of coffee every morning and evening is the best when Yixing needs inspiration for his works.

“You’ve noticed me for such a long time?” Yixing asked.

“I’ve fallen in love with you the moment you walked into the coffee shop.” Kris said. “The only reason that I have never served you is that I was shy to talk to you.”

“But you did serve me once.”

“Yup, I actually gathered a lot of courage to talk to you.” Kris said. “I was kinda nervous that day when you were staring at me.”

“You knew?”

“Yeah I knew.” Kris laughed. “I was just trying to act cool in front of you. I was really excited too when my colleague told me that you were looking for me the next day.”

Yixing blushed. “You could have told me earlier.”

“Well now you know, would you go out with me?” Kris asked.

Yixing smiled. “I will. On one condition.”

“What is it?” Kris panicked a little.

“Make me coffee every day.” Yixing said.

Kris chuckled. “All day, every day.” He said and Yixing hugged him tightly.

“I guess that I can finally say that I’ve found my Mr. Right that has been around me all this time.” Yixing said.

“You can say that.” Kris said and kissed him on the lips.


Hah! First update after freedom!

Thanks guys for all the congrats, thanks a lot! xD

Question time!

Which story in this whole EXO One Shot is the best? Or the one that you like best?