I Love You Mr Bodyguard

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

“Can you please stop following me around?” Lay turns around and asked.

“I’m sorry sir but this is what your father hired me to do.”

Lay sighed and just continued walking.

Kris Wu. His bodyguard’s name is Kris Wu. A 186 cm tall Chinese guy who his father had hired to protect him.

A week ago, Lay’s mum- Mrs. Zhang had told him about his new bodyguard and being the stubborn kid he is, Lay rejected the idea till the very end.

“I’m 19 this year!” Lay protested when he knew that his bodyguard will be here this afternoon.

“Now honey, you know how dangerous it is nowadays.”

His mum was right. Being the son of one of the richest family in Korea sure is dangerous. People will try to harm you, try to kidnap you, try to get money from you and your family whichever way possible. He was almost kidnapped that morning and if it wasn’t for Sehun and Baekhyun’s martial arts skills, he might be in a hut, somewhere in the forest all tied up now.

“Sir, your new bodyguard has arrived.” His butler said.

Lay just nods and continues watching the TV. He didn’t even bother to turn and look at Kris when he stepped into the living room. Kris too understands that Lay feels like he doesn’t need him, he just stood there in the corner of the room and not doing anything.

Lay got bored of watching TV and he got up, he turned around and saw Kris at the corner.

“You must be the new bodyguard.” He said.

“Yes.”

“Do whatever you want. Just don’t follow me.” Lay said and went upstairs.

“But it’s my job following you around.”

“I’m in my house. I don’t see there’s anyone that could kidnap me here.” Lay said sarcastically.

“No… I think not.” Kris said.

Lay rolled his eyes and went upstairs to his room. He flopped on the bed and text his friends.

Lay: It’s boring with a bodyguard around.

Baekhyun: Bodyguard?

Sehun: Whoa cool!

Lay: It’s not cool! Now I have no freedom. I can’t even meet up with you guys without having him following me around.

Sehun: Does he wear suits and have sunglasses like they show in the movies?

Baekhyun: Sehun….

Lay: He does wear a suit though. I bet the sunglasses are in his chest pockets.

Sehun: Sounds cool.

Baekhyun: Wanna hang out? We could dump him if you want.

Sehun: That’s not something nice to do. He could lose his job.

Lay: I don’t need him anyway, nice idea Baekhyun.

Sehun: Did you forget that you almost got kidnap this morning?

Baekhyun: Oh yeah, that. Better keep him around.

Lay: You guys sounded like my mum!

Baekhyun: Are you coming or not?

Lay: Fine! Meet at the ice cream parlour like usual.

Sehun: See you guys later.

Lay sighed and tossed his phone aside. “Great, now I have to have someone following me around everywhere I go. I bet he’s going to report everything to Father.” He mumbled and got up. “Well, still have friends to meet, things to do.”

Lay ran downstairs as loudly as he could just to let Kris knows that he’s going out.

“You’re going out sir?” Kris asked when he saw Lay completely dressed.

“Yes.” Lay said. “Just follow me, no questions who, where, what am I doing.”

Kris sighed softly and nods. “As you wish sir.” He said.

Lay doesn’t like the idea of having a driver, a maid, a butler or anything or anyone that does everything for him. He likes being independent, he wants to do things himself.

“You’re not getting in the car?” Kris asked while holding the car door open.

“No.” Lay replied. “It’s just a few blocks away, I always walked there.” He said.

Kris paused for a while. Maybe this kid isn’t as bad as the other rich kid that he had work for before.

Lay walked up in front while Kris kept a little distance behind. He didn’t want the kidnappers to know that he’s the bodyguard, it’ll be easier for them to strike during his day offs then.

“What’s your name?” Lay asked suddenly. He had walked slower so that the distance between them was short enough for Kris to hear the question.

“Kris.” Kris replied short.

“I’m Lay.” Lay said. He didn’t sound that grumpy anymore.

“I know.” Kris said. “Your mother told me.”

“How old are you again?” Lay asked.

“Just a little older than you are.” Kris said and Lay stop walking. “23.” Kris said.

They were both silent after that and Lay just kept on walking. They reach the ice cream parlor and Lay walked in.

“Aren’t you coming in?” He asked.

“No.”

“Fine by me.” Lay said and walked back in.

“Yo.” Sehun high fived Lay when he saw him.

“Hey guys.”

“So how’s your new bodyguard?” Baekhyun asked.

“He looks boring.” Lay said. “And he’s a little too mature.”

“But he sure is good looking.” Sehun said, peeking at Kris outside.

“What did I say about looking at other guys?” Baekhyun asked and pulled Sehun’s ear.

“Oww oww!” Sehun struggles out of Baekhyun’s grab. “I’m sorry!”

“That’s my Sehun.” Baekhyun said and let go.

“Eww you two. Don’t act all mushy in front of me please.” Lay said and stuck out his tongue. “Go get a room.”

“Shut up you.” Baekhyun said. “But Sehun’s right, he is quite good looking.”

“Hey!” It’s Sehun’s turn to yell at Baekhyun.

“Sorry Hunnie, but you’re right.” Baekhyun said and stares at Kris. “He is dreamy.”

Sehun pouted and covers Baekhyun’s eyes with his hands. Lay couldn’t help but smile at them. He looks outside and looks at Kris. The two of them are right, he does look kinda dreamy, like someone that stepped out of a video game. He kept staring and their gaze met. Lay got embarrassed and turn away.

“So what do you say? Let’s go on a double date.” Sehun said.

“I don’t have a date.” Lay said.

“I’ll hook you up with someone.” Baekhyun said. “So… What do you think about Sehun’s cousin Hye Mi?”

“What?” Lay asked.

“Hey come on, I know she’s a brat sometimes but she likes you.” Sehun said.

“Are you trying to help me or are you helping her?” Lay asked.

“I’m helping the both of you.” Sehun said. “Gosh get a girlfriend will you? You’re like single forever!”

“Fine!” Lay said. “Tomorrow?”

“Yeah.” Baekhyun said. “Your bodyguard’s following?”

“He sure is, it’s his job apparently.” Lay sighed.


“You’re following me no matter what right?”

“Yes.”

“Look, I’m going out with a girl, don’t you think I’m going to need privacy?” Lay asked.

Kris kept quiet.

“There’s no talking you out this huh.” Lay asked and Kris shook his head.

“Fine.” Lay said and jumped into his car, starts the engine and drove off while Kris followed him with his own car.

“You’re here!” Baekhyun said.

“Of course.” Lay said.

“Hi.” He heard someone said. “I wasn’t sure that you’ll come.” Hye Mi said.

“Well I’m here aren’t I?” Lay said with an awkward smile. He didn’t like her, in fact he doesn’t like girls at all.

“Let’s get in.” Sehun said. “I got the tickets.”

“You coming in or what?” Lay turned around and asked Kris.

“No.”

“Whatever you want.” Lay said. “The movie ends two hours later.” He added.

Kris got into his car and starts his engine. He stays there while looking at his phone. His phone rang after a few minutes and Kris smiles. It’s a phone call he had been expecting.

“Hyung! You coming home soon?” His little brother asked.

“Hey buddy.” Kris said. “Soon, real soon.”

“I’m bored at home.” Chen said. “And dad is drunk as ever.”

Kris sighed. He hates it whenever his dad is drunk. He hits Chen and Kris whenever he’s drunk and Kris hates it.

“Did you lock his door?” Kris asked.

“I did and he’s banging it so hard that I think it might break!” Chen said with a scared voice. “Hurry up home hyung!”

“I can’t.” Kris said. “I’m at work… Lock your door Chen, or just go next door to Luhan hyung okay? If dad gets out, you run next door to Luhan hyung you hear me?”

“Yes hyung.”

“I’ll be home soon, I promise.”

“Okay…”

Kris sighed when he hung up. It’s hard living like that, that’s why he was working this job for. He wanted to move out of that house and take Chen with him so that he could protect him. He closed his eyes when suddenly he heard the sound of windows tapping. He opens them and saw Lay standing outside. He opens the door and went out.

“I thought you said you were with a girl.” He asked.

“Dump her. Didn’t like her anyway.” Lay said. “Can we talk?”

“Yeah. Sure.”

“Let’s go for a walk.” Lay said.

The two of them walked down the pavement, silent.

“So… I heard your conversation on the phone.”

“Huh?” Kris looked at him.

“I’m sorry but I noticed that you were there and your windows aren’t closed properly, I was gonna tell you that I’m going home and I heard you talking on the phone.” Lay said. “I’m sorry.”

Kris smiled and shook his head. “It’s okay.”

“Is everything alright?” He asked.

“Family problems.” Kris said. “You know, financial problem, dad problems blah blah blah.”

“Oh…”

“It must be great being rich right?” Kris asked. “I mean at least you don’t have to worry about these things.”

“No.” Lay said. “I totally understand you. My parents… They aren’t as perfect as everyone thinks they are. You know, smiling in front of everybody, boasting about having a perfect family and stuff…”

“Well, don’t you have a perfect family?”

Lay sighed and shook his head. “It’s all just a wrapper.” He said. “Everything you see is all lies.”

“Looks like we’re both on the same boat.” Kris said and Lay chuckled.

“You could say that.” Lay said. He wasn’t smiling, his face was still having that bitter expression.

“Anything you wanted to share?” Kris asked. “That is of course if you don’t want to I’m fine with it…”

Lay smiled. “You know, we can be friends.”

“But your father is my boss.”

“Pfftt… That doesn’t work on me.” Lay said, holding out his arm. “Let’s do this all over again. Hi, my name is Lay.”

Kris looks at Lay’s hand and back at him. He shook it and smiled. “And I’m Kris.”

“Wanna hang out? Since I ditched my friends…”

“I can’t…” Kris said. “I have to get home, my brother needs me.”

“Of course.” Lay said. “Right…”

“Or… We can go fetch my brother and we can have dinner together.” Kris said.

Lay’s face lit up and he nodded. “Yeah. Let’s do that.”

Lay got into Kris’s car and he was shocked.

“Sorry bout the mess.” Kris said. His face was as red as a tomato.

“You could use a little clean up here.” Lay said while moving away the pizza box on the floor.

“Well since I’m single and all I don’t think that’s a need to impress any girls.” Kris said and starts the engine.

“You’re weird.” Lay said. “But in a good way.”

They reached Kris’s house and Kris rushed in almost immediately. “Chen?” He called but there was no answer. “Oh .” He said and ran into Chen’s room. It was empty.

He ran toward his dad’s room next and that too was empty. The door has been busted and the handle broke.

“ !” Kris shouted.

“Calm down!” Lay said. “Maybe he’s next door!”

“Right! Luhan hyung!” Kris said and ran next door, Lay chased him.

Kris knocked on the door and Luhan opened it.

“Dude you’re gonna break my door if you knock any harder.” Luhan said.

“Is Chen with you?” Kris asked, he was worried.

“Yeah he is.” Luhan said and let them in. “Been playing video games ever since he got in.”

“Oh thank god!” Kris said and rushed over to Chen. “You scared me to death!” He hugged Chen tightly.

“Hyung! Can’t… breathe!” Chen said and Kris lets go.

“Sorry.” He said. “What happened?”

“Dad got out and I got scared so like you said, I ran over to Luhan hyung’s house.”

“Great job kiddo. Great job.” Kris said and ruffles Chen’s hair. “And thanks hyung.” He said to Luhan.

“Hey, you’re like my brother, I’ll help whenever you need anything.” Luhan said and gave him a back slap.

“Hyung!” Chen suddenly stood up. “Is that your new boyfriend?” He asked, pointing towards Lay.”

“What?” Kris looks at Lay and back at Chen. “No!”

Lay laughed and he squat down. “Hey Chen, I’m your hyung’s friend.” He said and smiled. “I’m Lay.”

“Oh… Oh… Sorry bout that.” Chen said and chuckled. “I thought hyung got over his ex.” He whispers to Lay and Lay laughed.

“Okay cut it off you two.” Kris said and blushed. “Anyway we’re going for dinner. You wanna join us?” He asked Luhan.

“No thanks.” Luhan said. “I’ve got a date.” He said.

“Good luck with that.” Kris said and they went out.

“Where are we going?” Chen asked while they were all in Kris’s car.

“Let’s go have hamburger!” Kris said and Chen stuck out his tongue.

“Gross!” He said. “We’ve been having that for a week now, can we eat something else?” He asked.

“What do you want then?” Kris asked.

“Let’s go have steak.” Chen said.

“Chen, you know hyung can’t afford it, yet.” Kris said.

Lay turns and looked at Kris. He smiled and looked at Chen. “Chen, tell your hyung to drive us to the steak house.”

“But hyung said…”

“I’ll treat you guys to a meal, as a friendly gift.” Lay said.

“You shouldn’t…” Kris said.

“I want to.” Lay said.

“Oh hyung! Please please please!”

“Okay, okay! Fine!” Kris said and he drove to the nearest steakhouse.

“Yay!” Both Lay and Chen cheered.


That’s part one!

Part two is coming out either on the next weekend or maybe earlier... or later.

It depends on my schedule really…