Merry Christmas! (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

Lay stares out of the window, snow is falling slowly. He sighed. He has a song due tomorrow and has run out of ideas to continue writing his song. Lay began to worry about whether his choice of being a songwriter is right or wrong.

“Hyung! It’s Christmas!” Chen blast through Lay’s room door and jumps on his bed.

“Chen, not now.” Lay said and furrows his brows.

“Come on! You never come home for Christmas anymore ever since you got your job. I miss the days when we bake cookies and eat dinner together.” Chen said and pouts. “We never do that anymore.”

Lay suddenly felt bad for neglecting his brother because of his work. He pokes Chen’s cheeks and smiled at him.

“Hey… I’m sorry.” He said but Chen looked away with his cheeks puffed. Lay sighed and move closer to Chen. “You know what? I got you your present. It’s in my closet.” Lay said and Chen lights up.

“Really?” He asked and Lay nods.

“I got Xiumin’s present too, give it to him when the two of you went on a date later.” He said and Chen blushes.

“Thanks hyung!” Chen said and gave Lay a kiss on the cheek. “You’re the best.” He said and stumbles out of Lay’s bed, he opens the closet and pulls out two nicely wrapped presents.

“Now go on, I have to continue working on my song again.” He said.

“You are coming home today right?” Chen asked, looking at Lay.

Lay sighed and thought hard. “Yeah… I’ll be there.” He said. “I promise.”

“Mum’s been cooking since morning.” Chen said and smiled happily. He really misses his brother.

“Typical of mum to be cooking so much on Christmas.” Lay smiles. “Is Xiumin joining us?”

“Yeah, he is.” Chen said and blushed again. “By the way, dad wants you to bring your girlfriend/boyfriend home. I don’t know which one do you have, just bring one home.” Chen added.

“But I don’t have one!”

“Dad says he doesn’t care. Just bring someone home hyung. Maybe you can call that ex-boyfriend of yours…” Chen said and smirked.

“Chen... You know he’s not going to come.” Now it’s Lay’s turn to blush.

“Sorry hyung… I like him though. He’s nice. Well…I’ll be going now. See you later at home.” Chen said and ran off to meet with Xiumin.

“What am I supposed to do?” Lay mumbles to himself. “Ugh dad… Why do you have to give me the stress?”

He decided to continue writing his song but what Chen had told him keeps on bothering him. Ex-boyfriend… Ex-boyfriend… Lay’s hand is holding the pencil but his mind is all about his ex-boyfriend, Kris.

Kris and Lay had been dating for almost three years when they broke off due to their lack of communication. Lay still loves him though even thought that he is the one that wanted the break up.

“Kris… This is not working.” He said.

“What, why?”

“We’ve been together for three years and I don’t really know you! You keep everything as a secret and you just bottles up everything by yourself.” He said and Kris sighed.

“Lay… I respect your decision… I hope you’ll find someone better than me.” Kris said with a sad look in his eyes.

If Kris had said something more, if Kris had held onto Lay more, he would give in. Lay loves Kris and he knows that Kris loves him too. It’s been a year since he last saw Kris and he wonders how is he doing now. His parents like Kris, so does Chen. He did get nagged by the three of them when they get to know he had broken up with Kris.

“This is not helping.” Lay finally gave up and threw his pencil onto the table.

He stares into the half scribbled manuscript and stands up. “I need some fresh air.” He said and grabbed his coat and scarf. He unplugs his charging phone and walks out of his apartment. It has stopped snowing.

Getting outside during Christmas is the worst decision he had ever made, ever. There are couples walking together everywhere he go, the streets, the mall, even the coffee shops. Lay couldn’t stand sitting in the warm coffee shop anymore, looking at those couples brings back memories about him and Kris together and that hurts.

He grabbed his cup of hot coffee and walks out of the coffee shop, he decided to go to the park even though it’s freezing. He walks slowly there and well, there are even couples there in the park, snuggling.

Lay was feeling awkward and he began looking for an empty bench to sit on it. He was looking around and then he saw a bench with just one person sitting on it, he walks towards it and stops a few steps away from the bench.

Guess who he saw? Kris Wu. He was just sitting there, listening to songs with his earphone with his eyes closed. Lay didn’t know what to do, should he just walked up and talk to him or should he just walks away. Lay hesitates.

“Well… Since he might not notice me over his blaring music, I might as well just sit quietly beside him.” He mumbles to himself and went closer to the bench. He waved his hands in front of Kris and after confirming that Kris’s eyes are really closed, he sat down softly beside him.

Lay sips on his coffee slowly and took a few peeks at Kris.

Why is he so good looking? Lay thought to himself.

It still makes his heart flutter every time he sees Kris and now his heart is thumping like crazy in his ribcage.

“Hey… Kris?” Lay called softly. Kris did not response. “Are you sleeping?” Lay asked again, this time louder. Kris still sits there with no response at all.

Lay was beginning to feel braver. He touches Kris’s hands and found that they were cold.

“You idiot…” He mumbles. “Why didn’t you put on gloves if you’re going to sleep here?”

He pulls out his gloves from his pocket and puts it on Kris’s hands.

“You know… These are actually the one you bought for me.” Lay said while looking at the familiar looking gloves. “I guess I’m just giving you back what belongs to you.” Lay said and sighed.

It surprises Lay that he actually still keeps things that Kris got him. Like the teddy that is sitting at the side of his bed and he cuddles it every night, and the headphones that Kris bought him when he complaint that his were broken.

“Hey giant…” Lay said slowly. “I know that you can’t hear me so I’m telling you this.” Lay said and breathe in. “I still love you.” He said and looks at the sleeping Kris.

“I don’t know why but, I just can’t forget you… You’re like stuck in my brain, everything I do, everywhere I go all connects to you.” Lay said. “I know that this might sound ridiculous but I love you, I still love you and I always will…”

Lay stares at Kris and sighed. “What am I doing? This is stupid.” He said and stood up. He felt stupid talking to a sleeping person.

Just as he was about to walk away, he felt a hand grabbing his wrist. He turns and saw Kris pulling his wrists and smiling at him.

“Hey you idiot.” Kris said and smiles. “I love you too.”

“But you were asleep! I thought you can’t hear me!” Lay’s eyes widen and he covers his face with his hands in embarrassment. “Oh god…”

“I was about to fell asleep but I sense someone sitting down beside me. I was about to open my eyes but then I heard your voice. At first I thought that I was dreaming but when you touched my hands, I know I wasn’t.”

Lay’s face was red from both the cold and from the embarrassment. He didn’t know what to say to Kris.

“What you said just now, about you still love me… Is that true?” Kris asked.

Lay nods his head and Kris smiles the most heartwarming smile that Lay has ever seen. Lay melted away when he saw Kris smiling like that at him.

And without second thought, Kris pulls Lay into a hug and then he kisses him. Lay was shocked at first at Kris’s sudden action but he felt happy.

“Promise me…” Kris said when they finally pull away. “Never leave me again. Whatever wrong I did before, I’ll try to change it, try to be a better person for you.”

“No.” Lay puts his finger on Kris’s lips. “You are perfect, it’s just me. I’m the idiot who broke up with you.” He said and smiled. “I am the one that should apologize.”

“It’s our fault. We were wrong.” Kris said. “But I want you to know that no matter what happens, I will still love you.”

“Me too Kris… Me too.” Lay said and kisses Kris.

Snow began to fall slowly.

“It’s snowing.” Lay said and looks up to the sky.

“Yeah… Merry Christmas Lay.” Kris said and holds Lay’s freezing hands. “You’re freezing! Here put these on.” Kris said and began taking off the gloves that Lay puts on him.

“No I’m fine, you’re the one that’s freezing.” Lay said.

“We’ll share.” Kris said and Lay chuckled. “You have the left side and I have the right side.”

“Hey Kris?”

“Yeah?”

“Since its Christmas… Do you want to come to my parent’s home and have dinner with us? They’ll be thrilled to see you again.” Lay said.

Kris looks at Lay and thought for a while.

“Yeah… Why not?” He said and Lay smiled. “But first…” He looks at Lay and smirks. “Let’s get to YOUR place first.”

Lay blushes and hit him on the chest. “You idiot!”

 


 

Here’s a fluff one in case you guys hate me too much after the angst I wrote.

Kray Kray Kray all the way!

It’s still not too late for a Christmas fluff right?

It’s a short one because I have to write this on Christmas day and boy… I have a lot of guests at home and I have to write this secretly without having my mom yelling at me.

Anyway once again… MERYY CHRISTMAS!