Promise (KaiSoo)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

Kyungsoo glanced at his watch. Why isn’t he here yet? He keeps on glancing at his watch until he hears a roar form a motorcycle. He looks up and smiles. Jongin has come to fetch Kyungsoo back home. He hands Kyungsoo his helmet and Kyungsoo got on, hugging Jongin’s waist and they rode off to Kyungsoo’s house.

They reached Kyungsoo’s apartment and Jongin was about to leave.

“Jongin? Stay for tonight? I’m making dinner.” Kyungsoo said and pulled Jongin’s arm.

Jongin just nodded.

Jongin has been cold for the last 6 months and Kyungsoo has no idea why. They have been dating for almost two years now, so why is Jongin suddenly turning so cold towards him? Did he found another person to replace Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo was worried, but there was nothing he could do, Jongin just doesn’t want to open up, yet.

Jongin was worried about Kyungsoo’s safety when he’s around. He was afraid that the scene that happened 6 months ago would happen again. What if this time he wasn’t there to protect Kyungsoo? What would he do if he loses Kyungsoo?

They went up and both were silent. Kyungsoo opened the door and they went in. Kyungsoo’s place is nice and comfortable. It made Jongin felt like home. They used to live together but Jongin decided to move out after what happened to let Kyungsoo live more peacefully.

“Why don’t you shower first? I’ll start cooking.” Kyungsoo said with a smile.

Jongin went into the room where they once cuddled together every night and opened the closet. The smell of Kyungsoo’s favorite detergent filled Jongin’s nostrils.

Lavender. Jongin thought and smiled to himself.  He pulled out the clothes that he have left behind and took Kyungsoo’s towel into the bathroom. He glanced around and saw everything that he had left behind are still here. Kyungsoo did not throw them away because he thinks that Jongin is going to come back any day.

Jongin sighs. He loves Kyungsoo too much and is afraid that he would get hurt. Jongin finished showering and put on his clothes. He went to the kitchen and saw Kyungsoo cooking and singing happily while cooking.

Kyungsoo is feeling happy. He’s happy that Jongin is here. He’s happy that Jongin’s staying for the night. He’s happy just by thinking that he could snuggle with his boyfriend again tonight. He didn’t know when Jongin walked into the kitchen.

Jongin went up to Kyungsoo and gave him a hug.

“I’m sorry.” Jongin whispers.

Kyungsoo was at shock. This is the first time in 6 months Jongin had spoken to him. Even though they would meet almost every day, it was Kyungsoo who did all the talking and Jongin would just reply with a nodding or shaking his head.

“For what?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Everything.” Jongin answers.

Kyungsoo sighs and turned to Jongin.

“You did nothing wrong.” Kyungsoo said and cupped his boyfriend’s face.

Jongin smiles and Kyungsoo’s heart melted. He love it when Jongin smiles.

“Now, why don’t you try my new recipe? I learned it just now at the cooking academy.” Kyungsoo said.

“Kyung, your cooking skills are getting better every day.” Jongin says as soon as he tastes one bite of it.

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo called and Jongin looked up.

“Don’t leave me anymore. Stay with me. I want you back here. I missed you.” Kyungsoo said.

“Kyung… You know exactly why I move out.” Jongin said.

“I don’t mind one bit. I just want you back here.” Kyungsoo said.

“Kyung…” Jongin looked at his boyfriend. He was already close to tears.

“Hey, you know what? Why don’t we watch a movie tonight?” Jongin asked.

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo doesn’t want Jongin to change the topic.

“Come on, I’ve rent one and let’s watch it together.”Jongin said and Kyungsoo gave up.

“Okay fine. What movie was it? Don’t say Titanic because we both agreed to not watch that again.” Kyungsoo said.

“It’s not Titanic. It’s A Walk to Remember. Have you watched it already?” Jongin asked.

“No.” Kyungsoo replied and Jongin smiled.

They changed into their pajamas and cuddled on the couch, with Kyungsoo lying on Jongin’s chest and Jongin’s arm wrapped around Kyungsoo.

The movie ended, leaving a crying Kyungsoo and Jongin who tries to calm him down.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid! I thought I told you no more sad movies!” Kyungsoo said while hitting Jongin.

“You said no Titanic. You didn’t say any sad movies.” Jongin teased the crying Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo continue hitting Jongin and suddenly Jongin yelped in pain.

“What? Did I hit too hard? Let me see.” Kyungsoo said and lift up Jongin’s shirt.

He saw bruises on Jongin’s stomach, chest and arms and his heart felt like it had been plunged by a knife. He touches the bruises softly and stares at Jongin.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Nothing… I just got in a fight… You know…” Jongin said and rubbed his nape.

“Jongin… Why? I thought I asked you to stop already. After what happened…” Kyungsoo couldn’t stop his tears from rolling down and he break down immediately.

A year ago, Jongin and Kyungsoo was a happy couple. Jongin have just recently got a job as a model and Kyungsoo worked as a singer at a café. Jongin decided to move into Kyungsoo’s house so that he could be with Kyungsoo always. Things were going pretty well until Jongin got sabotaged at work and he got involve in some gang fight.

He came home late that night, with bruises on his face and body. Kyungsoo was shocked and treated those bruises. He asked Jongin what happened and Jongin told him everything. Someone at work was jealous of Jongin because he was getting more and more famous and he’s getting more shoots. So they sabotage him, they tricked him and got him into a gang fight.  And since then, things are getting a little bit out of control.

The gang would disturb Jongin at night while he was sleeping. They would spray paint on their door and send threatening letters to Jongin. One day when Jongin got home from work, he found out that the door to the apartment was unlocked. He rushed in, calling Kyungsoo’s name and calling Kyungsoo’s phone. No answer. He cursed.

His phone rang and he answered it.

“Hello?”

“Kim Jongin. You have exactly an hour to come save your boyfriend. Or else…” Someone said on the other line.

“Or else what?” Jongin asked, panicking.

“Or else… Here, you talk to him!” The kidnapper puts the phone next to Kyungsoo.

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo’s voice was weak.

“Kyung! Did they hurt you? Are you okay? Where are you? Don’t worry, I’m coming!” He said.

“No, Jongin… Don’t come here. It’s a trap. I’m fine by myself.” Kyungsoo said.

“What are you talking about? Kyung! Hang in there, I’ll be right there!” Jongin said.

“Hear that Kim Jongin? One hour. Meet us at the alley at Myungdong club. One hour.” The kidnapper said.

Jongin rushed there. He was afraid that they might hurt Kyungsoo… He’s afraid that they might… No. Kyungsoo is fine. Kyungsoo must be fine.

“Kyung!” Jongin called when he saw Kyungsoo, beaten up by the kidnapper and he looks like he’s in pain.

Jongin got mad. How dare they touch Kyungsoo. How dare they hurt Kyungsoo. They fought. Jongin was badly injured and he was almost killed if it weren’t for a couple who was walking by the alley. They called the police and the kidnappers ran away.

“Jongin! Jongin. Please, hold on. The ambulance is coming already. Jongin.” Kyungsoo ran too Jongin’s side and said to him.

“Kyung… Are you okay?” Jongin asked, coughing.

“I’m fine. Oh my god Jongin ah!” Kyungsoo shouted when Jongin coughed out blood and collapsed to the floor. The ambulance arrived short after and the both of them got on.

“Is he going to be alright?” Kyungsoo asked.

“We’re not sure yet. He’ll need x-ray at the hospital.” The nurse said.

“He’s going to be alright.” The nurse said when she saw Kyungsoo’s worried face.

But that didn’t calm Kyungsoo down. He was more worried about Jongin when they decide to push him into the emergency room.

“Sir, you need to calm down. You need medical attention too.” One of the nurses said at the hospital.

“I’m fine. I’m just fine. How’s Jongin doing?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Sir please. He’ll be alright, the doctors are treating him.” She said and pulled Kyungsoo to a room for him to settle down.

They did a body checkup on both Jongin and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was fine with just a few bruises and scratches. But Jongin… He was hit hard and had a little internal bleeding. His head was hit too and the doctor told Kyungsoo that he has a concussion; he’s in coma and might not wake up.

Kyungsoo broke down when they gave him the news. He kept blaming himself for not being more careful, he blames himself for being so defenseless. He stays beside Jongin every day and every night, hoping that he would wake up.

A month went by and Jongin finally woke up. Kyungsoo was resting during break time at work when the hospital called and he immediately rushed to the hospital. Jongin is awake.

“Hey Kyung.” Jongin said when he saw Kyungsoo entering the ward.

“Jongin! Jongin! My Jongin.” Kyungsoo said and hugged Jongin.

“I’m sorry Kyung… I’m really sorry.” Jongin said, the crying Kyungsoo’s head.

“No, it’s my fault. I should have been more careful. I should have been more alert.” Kyungsoo said.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and pulled him up for a kiss. They kissed passionately and were cut off by a nurse entering the ward to give Jongin his medications.

“Kyung… Listen. To prevent those thugs coming at you again, I suggest that we separate for a while.” Jongin said.

“Why Jongin?” Kyungsoo panicked.

“Because I love you. I’m scared that they will come after you again. My heart hurts.” Jongin said.

“So does mine Jongin.” Kyungsoo said, holding Jongin’s hands and intertwined their fingers.

“I’m not breaking up with you Kyung, we just separate for a while. I’ll move back to my place for a few months and make sure things are okay. When I’m done, I’ll be back okay?” Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo nodded.

“We might need to cut down our dates and I might not be able to see you so often Kyung.” Jongin added.

“Oh Jongin… Why does this have to happen?” Kyungsoo said and buried his face at Jongin’s chest.

“I’m sorry Kyung. I truly am.” Jongin said and they kept quiet.

So Jongin really moved out and their dates were getting lesser and lesser. They could only converse in video calls and phone calls. Jongin’s works are piling up and so is Kyungsoo’s.

On special occasions like Valentine’s Day, White Day, Jongin’s or Kyungsoo’s birthday and their anniversary they would meet up at Kyungsoo’s apartment and sometimes they would make love. But they were growing apart. Sometimes when Kyungsoo called for them to go on a date, Jongin would reject it, because he was covered in bruises again. Those people had not let him go. He doesn’t want Kyungsoo to get sad, so he would give excuses about his work and Kyungsoo would just sigh.

Until one day Kyungsoo called and told Jongin that he’s going to attend a cooking academy and Jongin volunteered to fetch him back every class. They were happy but Kyungsoo can feel that Jongin is still worried over him. He’s still keeping a distance until today, when Kyungsoo invites Jongin up for dinner.

“Kyung… I’m sorry.” Jongin said to Kyungsoo, wiping away tears.

“There’s nothing to apologize for.” Kyungsoo replied.

“I promise no more fights. I promise I will control my anger Kyung. I promise.” Jongin said and embrace his boyfriend.

“Jongin, move back in here okay? I miss cuddling every night with you. I miss your warmth.” Kyungsoo said.

“Kyung…”

“I don’t care about anyone Jongin. I don’t care anymore. Can’t I just be selfish for once?” Kyungsoo asked.

“If anyone’s being selfish, it’s me.” Jongin said and gave Kyungsoo a kiss.

They kiss and kiss until they were out of breath. Kyungsoo nuzzles down into Jongin’s neck and Jongin hugged him tightly.

“Kyung… I’ll move back here tomorrow.” Jongin said and Kyungsoo smiled.


And finally a KaiSoo one. I really cracked my head for this one.

XiuChen and SuTao are still in progress. 

But if you want any of your favorite OTP, you can ask and I'll try my best to write it.

So... One question, more Kray maybe? 

Just kidding. What do you think of my stories so far? 

Tell me~~ ^.^