I Told You So (ChanXing)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

Here's a ChanXing one for Nakashimi! Sorry it took so long xD


 

“You’re not kicking him out?” Luhan asked.

“Why would I?” Yixing asked back.

“Hasn’t he been living in your house for the past 3 months without helping with the rent?”

“It’s not MY house. It’s our house.” Yixing said. “Besides, he lost his job. Give him a little bit more time. I’m sure he’ll do just fine.”

“Yeah right. You’ll kick you him out.” Luhan said.

“I won’t.”

Three months ago, Chanyeol came back home with a long face, throwing his briefcase on the couch and flopped onto it. His hands covering his face and he sighed heavily.

“What’s wrong baby?” Yixing asked, poking his head through the bedroom door.

“I… Just lost my job.” Chanyeol said. “I got retrenched.”

“Aww baby…” Yixing went over to him and sat down beside him. “It’s alright.”

“I’m sorry Yixing.” Chanyeol said. “I’ll go job hunting tomorrow.”

“No, you rest first.” Yixing said.

“But what about everything? The house, the car, and our expenses.”

“Hey, I’m working too you know.”

“But you can’t work that much.” Chanyeol said. “I have to work too.”

“You’ve been working too hard. I don’t even know why they fired you.” Yixing said. “You take a rest. I’ll just teach more classes, that’s all.”

“You’ve been teaching a lot of classes Yixing. Piano, vocals, dance and now art? Isn’t that too much?”

“I enjoy what I do Yeollie.” Yixing said. “Besides, there are a lot more students that want me as their teacher, so they’re happy, I’m happy too.” He said and smiled.

“Oh Yixing.” Chanyeol smiled. “What would I do without you?”

And for three months, instead of go out and look for a job, Chanyeol’s been at home, writing a book and does a lot of gardening. Yixing on the other hand, has been working like crazy.  6 classes a day, 6 days a week and each class is about 2 hours.

“Teacher, you look tired.” One of Yixing’s students said. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine.” Yixing said. “Now turn to page 78 and play that piece for me.” He added and sat down beside his student.

Yixing went home that night and as usual, as tired as he is, he always feels comforted whenever Chanyeol opens the door with a wide smiled and the dinner that was already laid on the table.

“You look extra tired today.” Chanyeol said and gave him a massage. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Yixing smiled. “You’re the one that keeps me going.”

“I’m sorry Xing.” Chanyeol suddenly said. “I’ll try harder. I really will.”

“It’s fine.” Yixing said. “We’re fine.”

“I’m going to an interview tomorrow!” Chanyeol said. “With any luck, I’ll get the job.”

“That’s great!”

“And you can stop teaching so many classes Xing.” Chanyeol said with a sad look on his face. “It breaks my heart seeing you like this.”


“Want to go out for lunch?” Luhan asked while poking his head through the door.

“I have time today.” Yixing said while checking his watch. “No more classes till 5.”

He changed his clothes and walked outside of the building after 4 hours of working. It’s a nice day, cloudy and windy.  He and Luhan both walked to the café they always go for lunch when he had time.

“So, he’s really going for a job hunt today?”

“Yup.” Yixing said while sipping on his coffee. “I hope he does fine.”

The two of them was chatting away happily then suddenly Luhan’s eyes widen.

“What is it?” Yixing asked.

Luhan points towards the direction behind Yixing. He turned and followed Luhan’s gaze. It was Chanyeol. And in front of him is another woman.

“What is he doing here?” Luhan asked.

“Possibly grabbing lunch before going for his interview.” Yixing said. “I’ll go...” And he froze.

What Yixing saw totally shocked him. The woman sitting in front of Chanyeol was grabbing onto Chanyeol’s hand and was laughing with him. The two of them look like they were having a lot of fun.

“Uh oh…” Luhan said. “That doesn’t seem very right.”

“That’s it.” Yixing said. “He’s not allowed in the house tonight.”

“I told you so.” Luhan said.  “But you are going to let him in.”

“Don’t you see what’s happening in front of us?” Yixing asked. “He’s cheating on me! In front of me!”

“I know.” Luhan said and took a bite off his sandwich. “You’re letting him back in the house tonight. Because that’s how nice of a person you are.”

“Luhan…” Yixing said and looked at his friend. “What am I supposed to do now?”

“Yixing, calm down.” Luhan said. “I think he has his reasons. If not, you can really just kick him out. Or, move over to my place. You can always stay with me.”

Yixing kept quiet and looked at his friend. He really doesn’t understand Luhan sometimes. He’s cold yet warm sometimes, nice but weird.

That night, Chanyeol went back home later as usual and he looked exhausted.

“So, where have you been?” Yixing asked, expressionless.

“I went for an interview.” Chanyeol said and smiled. “And I’m hungry.” He looked at Yixing.

“Get out.” Yixing said and looked away.

“What?”

“Get out!” Yixing said again.

“What? Why?”

“You idiot, bastard!” Yixing shouted and pushed him out of their shared apartment. “I don’t want to see you anymore!” He said and slammed the front door.

“Yixing! What happened? Can you tell me?” Chanyeol asked, still shocked from what had happened. “What did I do wrong?”

“You should know for yourself.” Yixing said and walked away from the door, completely ignoring Chanyeol’s further questions.

Chanyeol got really confused. He stood outside of the apartment, staring at the wooden door that was closed in his face. “Yixing?” He called. But there was no reply. Chanyeol walked down the stairs and out of the building’s main door. He sat down on the steps and his mind began to wonder.

“What did I do?” He asked himself. “Yeah I know, I was an for like 3 months, lazing around at home and letting Yixing do all the work…” He said and ruffled his own hair. “But what the hell? I had good news tonight and he just slammed the front door in my face.” He said and sighed.

Chanyeol was sitting the steps for god knows how long when suddenly he saw Luhan coming his way.

“Whoa, what are you doing here?” He asked Chanyeol.

“Yixing kicked me out.” Chanyeol said. “And I don’t even know why.”

“You don’t even know why?” Luhan asked him back. “Are you sure? Because the last I checked, you are hanging around some woman at the coffee shop and damn the two of you look intimate.”

“What woman Luhan?” Chanyeol looked at him. “What are you blabbering about?”

“You know, that woman you were just talking to and flirting with this afternoon? Funny how you forget things fast.”

“Woman…? Oh that woman! She’s my boss!” Chanyeol slapped his own forehead. “You guys misunderstood!”

“Oh really? What we saw is she was flirting with you and held your hand very tightly, if I remembered.” Luhan said and narrowed his eyes. “Are you sure she is your boss?”

“Yes.” Chanyeol nodded. “That was before I told her I was in a relationship with Yixing. After I told her, she got so embarrassed and she apologized.” Chanyeol said. “Besides, I’m not interested. If I am, I wouldn’t be here in the first place! I wouldn’t even be with Yixing.”

“You’ve got a point.” Luhan said. “You’re right. Come on, let’s get you back into your own apartment.”

And this time, Luhan knocked on the door and Yixing opened it. He saw Luhan and Chanyeol together but instead of asking him in, he pulled Luhan in and slammed the door again.

“Yixing!”

“Why did you do that again?” Luhan asked.

“Because he’s a cheater and an ?” Yixing said.

“Listen to what he has to say.” Luhan said and pointed towards the door.

“No.” Yixing said and walked away.

And so, Chanyeol was forced to sit outside their apartment’s door for another hour. He stood up and knocked the door again. “Yixing? Open the door? It’s raining outside!”

No response.

“I’m cold and I’m might fall sick!” He said again and this time, the door opened.

“We live in an apartment you idiot.” Yixing said. “You’re not even drenched.”

“Wait! Before you slam the door again, listen to what I have to say, please? It was all a misunderstanding!”

“What? That you cheated right in front of me?”

“No, I did not!”

“Yeah, he did not.”

“Luhan, just keep out of this.” Yixing said softly.

“Just let him in Yixing. Then listen to what he has to say.” Luhan said and Yixing sighed.

“Fine.”

Chanyeol got in and Yixing threw a towel towards him. “Go take a shower.” He said. “Then we’ll talk.”

Chanyeol smiled and he almost ran towards the bathroom. He took a quick shower and changed into his comfy pajamas and jumped onto the couch.

“Explain.” Yixing said and Chanyeol nodded.

Chanyeol explain everything he said to Luhan once again to Yixing. And when he finished, Yixing’s stare softens and he looks at Chanyeol.

“You see Xing? I love you with all my heart and I can’t afford to lose you!” Chanyeol said. “I love you too damn much to cheat on you! I don’t even look at other girls, or guys. I only have you, and I only need you.”

“I guess it’s time for me to go…” Luhan said and walked out of the front door.

“Yeol…” Yixing looked at him. “I’m sorry.” He said. “I’m sorry for not trusting you! I’m sorry! I’m an idiot!” He said and hit his own head.

“Stop it.” Chanyeol said and grabbed Yixing’s hand to stop him from hitting himself. “Only I can call you an idiot.” He said and smiled.

“Forgive me Channie. I love you too and because I love you too much, I’m afraid that I will lose you.”

“It’s alright Yixing.” Chanyeol said. “I won’t leave. And don’t you kick me out of the house ever again!”

“Never.” Yixing smiled and tiptoed to give that tall giant a kiss on the lips.

Luhan was standing outside and he heard the whole conversation. He smiled and chuckled.

“I told you so.” He smiled to himself and walk upstairs to his own apartment. 


So here's a Chanxing one!

Sorry it took so long! Been super busy with school. 

I might be on a long hiatus from now on, possibly till the end of November because that's when my SPM ends. And my trials exam is on next month so... I need to study. 

But I would try my best to update once I got time to. 

Btw, this story was inspired by my friend, Dani Park. Credits to her! (She asked me to! Lol)