You Are Not Dumb (Baekyeol)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

Baekhyun sighed and opened up his locker, taking out stuff and books he need for the next lesson. He slams the locker door and turned back. He stood there for a few minutes, waiting for someone to appear. There he is, the wonderful, tall figure that no one can miss. His smile and big eyes were so perfect that it makes Baekhyun hate himself more.

“Why am I so short? Why can’t I be as tall as him? Why can’t I be as smart as he is? Why does everyone likes him?” Baekhyun thought while walking to his class.

Math class is not one of Baekhyun’s favorite subjects. To be exact, he hates every single class except for art class and music class. He sighed and walked to the back of the class, sitting at his place next to the window. Baekhyun is not the smartest kid in class, in fact, he wonders if he can even graduate high school.

Even though he tried hard, his grades are all terrible, C- and E are not signs of good grades.

“Hey Chanyeol over here!” He heard someone saying and immediately sits up.

Park Chanyeol is Baekhyun’s classmate. The abnormally tall guy is the smartest kid in class, no, in the whole school. He’s even athletic and talented in every ways. Baekhyun had to admit, he fell for Chanyeol because of his deep voice. His voice is just like melody to Baekhyun’s ears.

“Hey Baek!” Baekhyun snapped out of his daydreaming.

Is someone calling him? Is someone actually talking to him? Baekhyun is the odd guy in class, everyone thinks that he is weird and never talks to him. His only friend- Jongdae is in the other class and he only meet him during music classes. Who could want to talk to him?

He looked up.

“OH MY FREAKING GOD! IT’S PARK CHANYEOL! HE KNOWS MY NAME?” Baekhyun think to himself.

“Can I sit beside you?” Chanyeol asked with a wide grin.

“Ye.. yeah… Su.. sure!” Baekhyun said and stuttered.

“Thanks!” Chanyeol said and sat down.

Baekhyun can feel people are looking at him and Chanyeol weirdly. Why would Chanyeol want to sit beside him? He turned his head, wanting to peek at Chanyeol but turned back to the window immediately because Chanyeol was staring at him. And for the next 30 minutes of class, Baekhyun didn’t even pay any attention to the teacher.

“Byun Baekhyun!” His teacher called.

“Yes sir?” Baekhyun looked up.

“Are you listening to me? Why are you staring at Mr. Park next to you?” He asked Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was feeling so embarrassed that he wanted to kick himself.

“I was just umm… Umm…” Baekhyun was trying to look for an excuse.

He turned and looked at Chanyeol again and saw Chanyeol looking back at him, with a blank expression on his face.

“Baekhyun, detention later.” The math teacher said.

Baekhyun groaned, he was looking forward to after school, when he can meet with Jongdae in the music room.

The bell rang and Baekhyun rushed out of the classroom, towards the music room and sat there.

“What’s up Baekhyun?” Jongdae asked when he went in the music room.

“Hey, Jongdae. I can’t come to the music room after school. I got detention.” Baekhyun told him.

“What? But you never get detention!” Jongdae said. “What happened?”

Baekhyun told him everything. Jongdae is his most trusted friend. Either he would freak out and run away at the fact that Baekhyun is gay or he would still be Baekhyun’s best friend.

“And that’s all.” Baekhyun said, looking at the floor.

He was waiting for Jongdae to gasp or run away but Jongdae didn’t. Instead he let out a wide grin and laughed at Baekhyun.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“You know, I knew that since a long time ago.” Jongdae said.

“How?”

“It was so obvious that you like him Baek.” Jongdae said.

“And you’re not disgusted at me?” Baekhyun asked.

“What? No! In fact, I’m….”

Suddenly the door flung open before Jongdae could finish his sentence.

“Oh there you are Jongdae.” Minseok walked in and put his arms around Jongdae.

“Wha... What? When did this happen?” Baekhyun asked.

“Last week. I was planning to tell you but I was scared that you might laugh at me and run away.” Jongdae said.

“Jongdae, you know I won’t. I’m your best friend!” Baekhyun said, kinda embarrassed than he was thinking the same thing as before.

“So, oh before I forget, Minseok, this is Baekhyun and Baekhyun, Minseok.” Jongdae said.

“Nice to meet you.” Baekhyun said.

“So, now tell me about Chanyeol.” Jongdae said, sitting down.

“Chanyeol?” Minseok asked, looking at Jongdae.

“Yeah, Baekhyun likes him.” Jongdae said.

“Jongdae!” Baekhyun was blushing hard.

“I know Chanyeol. We’re in the same football team.” Minseok said.

“Does he have a girlfriend? No wait, he likes girls or guys?” Jongdae asked.

“I’m not sure, but he said once that he had a crush. Maybe….” Minseok looked at Baekhyun.

“No, it won’t be me. I’m so stupid, all my grades are bad. I am so dumb that he can’t possibly like me.” Baekhyun said.

“Byun Baekhyun! You shouldn’t say stuff like this! I forbid you to say things like this!” Jongdae said, giving his friend a smack on the back of his head.

“Oww! But it’s the truth!” Baekhyun said, earning another smack.

“Why don’t you go tell him about how you feel?” Jongdae asked.

“What? No no no no no. Never. What if he rejects me?” Baekhyun asked.

“What if he doesn’t? Baekhyun you have to try.” Jongdae said.

“Yeah, like before I told Jongdae I was interested in him, I was nervous too.” Minseok said.

“Yah Minseok!” Jongdae blushed.

“Whatever guys. Look, thanks Jongdae but I’m late for class. See you tomorrow.” Baekhyun said and ran off.

“Aish that Byun Baekhyun! He never listens.” Jongdae cursed under his breath.

“Neither does you Jongdae.” Minseok said and gave Jongdae a kiss.


Physics, another subject that Baekhyun hates. He walks to class, only to find it empty. He walked to his usual spot, and saw Chanyeol sitting at the place next to his. He was sleeping with his head on the table.

“Must be exhausted from all that football training huh.” Baekhyun thought to himself and sat down.

He moves closer towards Chanyeol and their faces were inches away. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol’s sleeping face and gave a soft chuckle. He’s even handsome when he’s sleeping.

Suddenly, Chanyeol opened his eyes and stared back at Baekhyun. Baekhyun darts back like lightning and fell to the floor.

“Ouch…” Baekhyun said and rub his backside.

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol stood up and reach out for Baekhyun’s arms.

Baekhyun froze. Thinking of what he had done and feeling embarrassed. He stood up and ran out of the classroom, crying.

“He must hate me now.” Baekhyun thought and ran to the music room and slammed the door.

He sat in front of the piano and cried. Tears dripped on the keys and Baekhyun wiped them off. He inhales deeply and started playing the piano, singing. He heard someone clapping behind and turned, it was Chanyeol.

“You sing great Baekkie.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun stared at him.

“Did he just call me Baekkie? Oh my god!” Baekhyun thought to himself.

“Sing another song! I’ll be the accompaniments.” Chanyeol said and picked up the guitar.

“Chanyeol…” Baekhyun said, gathering all his bravery, he is going to confess.

“Huh?” Chanyeol looked at him.

“I think. I think I might be in love with you.”

Chanyeol stood up and walk towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun stepped back and bumped the piano. Chanyeol lean in closer towards Baekhyun and gave him a kiss. Baekhyun stare at Chanyeol at first and kiss him back.

“Since when?” Chanyeol asked.

“Huh?” Baekhyun asked.

“Since when did you start liking me?” Chanyeol asked again.

“Two years ago.” Baekhyun replied.

“Dammit!” Chanyeol said. “This year could be our second anniversary already!”

“Chanyeol…”

“I wanted to confess to you at first when I first met you but I was afraid that you might not swing this way, you know? There were a few times when I wanted to but at the end back up because I was afraid that you might reject me. Then again, yesterday but you keep avoiding me. So I went and sat next to you, but you keep staring out at the window. When our Math teacher called you and asked why you were staring, I keep telling myself that maybe I should confess.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and Chanyeol sighed.

“And again today I was waiting for you at Physics class but fell asleep. I woke up with your face so close to mine and my heart was thumping non-stop. But you backed away and ran off when I offered you help. I knew immediately that you would head towards the music room.”

“But Chanyeol, I’m not cut out for you. You’re so perfect and talented and good in everything, and me. I’m never good in anything I do. Studies, sports, nothing!” Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun and gave him a tight squeeze.

“Who said that? It doesn’t matter to me, so why bother. I’m going head over heels because of you!” Chanyeol said. “Baekkie, don’t say that you are not cut out for me. I love you and that’s what it matters. Besides, you are beyond talented. You sing like an angle Baekkie.”

Baekhyun was crying again. This time out of happiness.

“Oh Chanyeol. I love you too.” Baekhyun said.

“Now, let’s get back to class before we get detention like you did yesterday.” Chanyeol said while wiping away Baekhyun’s tears and pouted.

“I got it because of you Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said and gave Chanyeol a flick.

“Hehe. Come on Baekkie.” Chanyeol said and grabbed Baekhyun’s hands.

They enter the classroom together and Chanyeol’s friends stared at them.

“Chanyeol, why are you hanging around with that weird kid?” His friends asked.

“Yeah, go grab your bag and sit here Chan. Don’t sit there.” His other friend said.

“Baekhyun is not a weird kid. I love him for who he is!” Chanyeol said and pulled Baekhyun back to their places.

“Chanyeol, you sure this is okay?” Baekhyun asked.

“Don’t worry, besides I have my Baekkie with me.” Chanyeol said and winked at Baekhyun.

“Maybe high school is not going to be as bad as I thought it would be.” Baekhyun said to himself and smiled.


IDK what I wrote but hope you guys likes it.