So, We're Still Friends? (HunHan)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

Here's a HunHan for y'all. You guys have been requesting for this so yehet!


“Sehun!” Tao shouted from behind and Sehun turned.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s go together!” Tao said and pulled Sehun’s arm with him, skipping all the way to the music club room.

“Is your song all done now Tao?” The president of the club asked.

“Yup, all done!” Tao said and pulled out the music sheet he had. “Here.”

“You wrote all this by yourself?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah.” He nods and smiled. “Well actually Luhan hyung helped a lot.”

Sehun flinched a little when he heard Luhan’s name. He looked at the smiling Tao and his heart sank a little.

“Ooh…” The president teased. “So this song if for Luhan?”

Tao blushed and immediately shook his head. “No!”

“Gee fine fine.” The president said and shook her hand.

Sehun looked at Tao and smiled. “I have to go now.” Sehun said.

“You’re not going to stay?” Tao asked.

“I can’t.” Sehun said. “I have some things to do.”

“Oh…” Tao nodded. “I’ll see you tomorrow in school then!”

Sehun walked out of the club room and he closed the door. He leans on the wall and took a deep breathe. He closes his eyes and runs his fingers through his hair.

“What have I done?” He thought.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan leans in closely to his face and asked.

Sehun opens his eyes immediately and relaxes when he saw that it was just Luhan.

“Luhan… What have I done?” Sehun asked, tears are forming in his eyes.

“What happened?” Luhan asked and pulled Sehun away. “We better go somewhere else.”

Luhan pulled Sehun to his classroom. It’s empty as school ended half an hour ago and everyone went home.

“What is it?” He asked.

“It’s Tao.” Sehun said. “I can’t… Can you just tell him?”

“Hey hey.” Luhan said and holds Sehun’s shoulders. “Listen to me… You are my boyfriend and Tao, we grew up together and it can’t be denied that he likes me but, you’re the one I loved.”

“But he’s my best friend…” Sehun said. “I can’t hurt him.”

“I’m pretty sure that I have made it clear to him.” Luhan said. “He’s just like my little brother.”

“You know he’s sick.” Sehun said. “Just treat him nicer.”

“I know…” Luhan said and looked at Sehun. “Are you jealous?”

“No I am not.” Sehun said and looked away.

“Aha. You’re lying.”

“I am not!” Sehun said.

“You pout every time you lie.” Luhan said and ruffles Sehun’s hair.

“You’re mean.”

“But you still like me.” Luhan said and Sehun stuck out his tongue at him.

“Anyway remember to be free on the 20th of April!” Luhan said.

“Why?” Sehun asked, looking at Luhan.

“It’s my birthday you idiot.” Luhan said and pokes Sehun’s head.

“Oh right.” Sehun said and laughed. “I forgot… Sorry!”

“Anyway where do you think we should celebrate at?” Luhan asked.

“Let’s go to… You know the park we saw on the magazine the other day? Let’s go there.” Sehun said.

“It’s so far…” Luhan said. “It’ll be dark before we reach there.”

“I heard that it has beautiful lights at the fountain and it’ll look magical!” Sehun said and looked at Luhan. “Let’s just go there.”

“You’re acting like a little kid.” Luhan said and chuckled.

“Come on…” Sehun pouted.

“Alright alright.” Luhan said and smiled. “Don’t be late!”


“Have you heard? That Tao is involved in an accident yesterday after school!” Sehun overheard someone said.

“Oh really? How is he now?”

“I’m not sure thought.”

Sehun ran towards Tao’s classroom and push open the door. “TAO!” He shouted and he ssaw Tao sitting there, talking to his friends.

“Sehun?” Tao looked at him.

“Are you alright?” Sehun asked. “Your leg…”

Tao smiled. “It’s fine. Doctor said that it’s just fractured and I need to use crutches, that’s all.”

“Why didn’t you be more careful?” Sehun asked.

“Hehe I was texting Luhan hyung.” Tao said and blushed.

Sehun looks at Tao. “Luhan…”

“Yeah, he’s following me to the hospital later for a checkup, wanna tag along?” Tao asked.

“Ah, no thanks. I have a presentation to prepare.” Sehun said.

“Ah… We could have dinner together.” Tao pouted.

“Maybe next time Tao.” Luhan said and smiled.

Sehun walked out of Tao’s classroom and he looked around. His class had started and he could just get shouted at if he goes in to class now.

“Well, missing for a while doesn’t hurt.” Sehun said and shrugged. He walked towards the school’s roof and he sat there.

“Well someone is skipping class.” He heard.

“Luhan?”

“Hey there.” Luhan said and sat down beside him.

“Well you’re not in class too.” Sehun said and leans on Luhan’s shoulders.

“I went to your class and I didn’t see you there. So I told my teacher that I have a headache and wanted to go rest at the doctor’s office.” Luhan said and Sehun frowned.

“That’s not very nice.”

“Well I figured that you’ll be here so I just came. And I was right.” Luhan said. “Now, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to be in somewhere quiet.” Sehun said.

“I know you’re upset but hey. Tomorrow’s my birthday. Remember our date?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah… I remember.” Sehun said. “Meet there after school okay?”

“Now that’s my Sehun.” Luhan said and ruffles Sehun’s hair. “Wanna go back to class now?”

“Nope.” Sehun said and leans back on Luhan’s shoulders. “Let’s wait till next period.”

Sehun and Luhan went back to class later on and when Sehun went and open his locker, Tao walked on to him and tapped him on the back.

“Oh hey Tao.” Sehun turned around and said.

“Sehun, can you follow me to the record store later?” Tao asked.

“Why?”

“I wanted to buy a gift for Luhan hyung.” Tao said while smiling. “It’s his birthday tomorrow and we’re celebrating together.”

Sehun froze. Didn’t Luhan promised to celebrate his birthday with him?

“Eh?”

“Can you follow me there? I don’t want to go alone.” Tao said.

“Ah, sure.” Sehun nods. “Of course.”

“Tao why are you out here? I thought I asked you to wait for me.” Sehun could hear Luhan saying.

“Oops sorry.” Tao said. “I saw Sehun and just got excited.”

Luhan looked at Sehun and Sehun just smiled.

“You’re not going home with me?” Luhan asked.

“No.” Tao said. “I have things to do.”

“Okay then…” Luhan said and glanced at Sehun again. “Take care.”

“I’m with Sehun. Nothing bad can happen.” Tao said and waved to Luhan.

“Should we go now?” Sehun asked and Tao nodded.

Sehun helped Tao with his bag and Tao smiled at him. “Thanks.”

They walked to the record store and looked around. Sehun knows immediately what Luhan likes and he went searching for it.

“Do you think Luhan hyung would like this?” Tao asked, holding up one of the albums he chose. Sehun smiled. That was the band that Luhan used to like back in middle school.

Sehun nods. “I think he’ll like it.” He said and went back to looking for the album Luhan had told him a few months ago.

“Ah found it.” Sehun said and smiled.                            

“Are you joining us tomorrow?” Tao suddenly asked.

“Tomorrow?” Sehun

“Yeah we’re celebrating together right?” Tao asked.

“Oh…” Sehun looked away. “I don’t think so I can Tao, I’m sorry. I need to uhm… Babysit my cousin…” Sehun lied.

“Oh that’s a pity…” Tao pouted. “Anyway, I’ll save some cake for you alright?” He smiled.

Sehun nods. His heart hurts. Seeing his best friend like this, and seeing him having a crush on his boyfriend and not being able to tell him anything, it’s hard.

“Sehun?”

“Oh.. Yeah yeah… You know I love chocolate cake right?” Sehun smiled.


Sehun walked out of the classroom after school. It was quiet, everyone had went home except for him. He sighed. Luhan would be at Tao’s place now. He walked out of the quiet school grounds and sighed.

“Well, I can still go can’t I?” Sehun mumbled to himself. He remembered the promise he and Luhan made to go see the fountain together. “Nah, that’s stupid, going alone.”

He walked slowly back home and flunked on his bed.

“Aren’t you going out with Luhan today?” His brother pokes his head into his room asked.

“Nope. Change of plan.”

“That’s weird.”

“Yeah I know right.” Sehun said and plant his head into his pillow.

But Luhan did not call me to say it’s cancelled. Sehun thought. What if….

He jumped out of bed, grabbed his backpack and Luhan’s birthday present and sprinted out of the house.

“Don’t tell me he went there…” Sehun mumbled to himself while getting on the subway.

Luhan was right, it was already 8 when Sehun reached the fountains. Sehun ran and ran, eyes searching for Luhan. He ran past couples that are waiting to see the lights of the fountain getting . Then he stopped, there he was, standing, back facing him and was constantly checking his watch.

“Luhan…” Sehun said and gave him a back hug.

“You’re late.” Luhan said and turned around.

“I’m sorry…” Sehun said and buried his face into Luhan’s chest.

Luhan smiled and pats Sehun’s head. “I’m the one that should be crying stupid.” He said. “I’ve been waiting for 2 hours.”

“Why didn’t you call me?” Sehun asked.

“I thought you’re already on your way here.” Luhan said. “Don’t tell me you forgot.”

“No.” Sehun shook his head. “I thought you were with Tao because he said…”

“Tao... I should apologize to that kid.” He said and sighed. “But first… Let’s enjoy the last few hours of my birthday together.” He said and pulled Sehun closer, and then kissing him on the forehead.

Sehun hugged Luhan tightly and whispered into his ear. “Happy birthday, love.”

They spend a couple of hours together and both ended up getting into trouble for getting home too late. And they almost overslept the next day.

“Hey Sehun…” Sehun heard Tao’s voice and he turned around.

“Hey…” Sehun looked at Tao. “You alright? You looked so tired.”

“Huh? Me? I’m fine.” Tao said with a weak smile. “Just stayed up late last night, you know celebrating Luhan hyung’s birthday.” Tao said.

Sehun froze. “Luhan’s birthday?”

“Yeah. Too bad you’re not there last night Sehun, it was fun.” Tao said.

Sehun stood up and grabs Tao’s hands. He pulled him out of the classroom and out to the gym, where there’s no one at that time of the day.

“You’re lying Tao.” Sehun said. “Why?”

“What? I’m not!”

“Tao… Luhan was with me yesterday.”

Tao went silent for a moment. “I know.” He said. “He wasn’t waiting for me after school… And I knew immediately that he’s with you.”

“Tao…”

“Don’t… I’m sorry Sehun.” Tao said and walked away. “He loves you. You know that right?” He turned around and said.

“I… I do.”

Tao smiled. “Well I’m jealous. But I wish that the two of you would be happy.” He said.

“Tao there’ll be someone for you out there, I know it.”

Tao nods. “I’m sorry Sehun, but I don’t think that we can be best friends anymore…” He said.

“I understand Tao.”

“We can’t have lunch together anymore, we can’t walk back home together anymore… It’ll be hard for me.”

“And me too Tao.” Sehun said.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry…” Sehun said, tears were already forming.

“Goodbye Sehun.”

“Bye Tao…” Sehun said and Tao walked away.

“But you’re still my friend you know that?” Sehun shouted and Tao stopped.

Tao smiled. Without turning around, he raised his arm and nods.

Sehun smiled. Well, at least, things are not as bad as he thinks it it.


Kkaebsong!