I Don't Care Anymore! (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

 

 

“Wow really?” Luhan looked at Lay and said. “You like that guy?”

“I didn’t say I like him. I admire him.” Lay said. “He’s good looking.”

“Yeah right. You know who he is? He is the school’s largest playboy. Are you serious?”

“Well, he does seem a little …”

“? He’s a complete douchebag if you ask me.” Luhan said and rolled his eyes.

“But he looks so dreamy. So, so, ugh, so unreal.” Lay said while continue staring at Kris, who happens to be standing in front of them, his hands in his pockets and he was talking to his friends.

“Yeah… Unreal.” Luhan said and sipped on his soda. “Wait till you hear him speak. That’ll make you change your mind.”

But Lay wasn’t even listening to him, he was staring at the anime like guy in front of him.

“If you like him so much, why don’t you go talk to him?” Luhan asked and Lay looked at him.

“Are you serious? You know who he is? Scratch that, you know who his dad is? He’s like the largest estate tycoon here. Richest guy in town…?” Lay said.

“So?”

“So, it means that he doesn’t talk to small people like us, look at all his friends, all of them, rich asses. And us, let’s just say that they are on the top of the food chain, and we’re in the middle.”

“Pfft whatever.” Luhan said and laughed. “If you’re lucky enough, he might pick up an interest in you.”

“Yeah, in my dreams.” Lay said and laughed too.

“Lay, come to the magazine room for a while please.” The magazine editor said to Lay while walking pass the two of them.

“Okay.” Lay said and followed her. “I’ll see you later.” He said to Luhan and walked away. “What is it?” He asked when they were in the magazine room.

“I need you to do something for me. You’re one of our writers right?” She asked.

“Yeah.” Lay nods. “What do you want me to do?”

“It’s like this, the girls, they wanted to write a whole article about our school’s ‘Top 5 Most Good Looking Guys’. They have done interviewing the four of them and there’s only one left, Kris. The girls are too shy to go talk to him and here’s where I need your help. Help me interview him will you?” She asked, blushing while talking.

“…. What?” Lay was speechless. “You want me to do what?” He too was shy to even make eye contact with him, let alone interviewing him.

“Please? He’s voted the number 1 best looking guy in our school though.”

“I’ll see what I can do…” Lay said and smiled awkwardly.

He must be lucky because the moment he walked out of the magazine room, Kris was walking past him, almost walking into him.

“Oops, sorry about that.” Kris said and smiled.

“It’s alright…” Lay looked at him and he paused. He was staring straight at Kris and wasn’t even blinking.

“Are you okay?” Kris asked and Lay blinked.

“Oh.. Ah! I’m fine.” He said awkwardly. “Uhm… Actually…”  Lay hesitates. He paused for quite a while before continuing his sentence. “I want to interview you?” He said timidly.

“Pardon?” Kris asked. “I didn’t hear you.”

“I am one of the writers of our school magazine and well, you have been voted as our school’s Number 1 Best Looking Guy. I was required to interview you so I can write an article.” Lay said slowly without blinking.

“What…” Kris still looks as confused as ever. He blinks a few times and he nods his head slowly. “Okay, I get it… So when do we start?”

“Anytime you’re okay with.” Lay said.

“How about today after school?” Kris asked.

“Today? Okay.” Lay nods. “I’ll meet you here, at the magazine room.”

“Let’s not meet here.” Kris said and stares into Yixing’s eyes. “Wait for me at the school gates.”

“Okay…” Lay nods, wondering what the hell is Kris planning. “I’ll see you then.” He said and walked away, almost running. His heart was thumping like crazy the whole time, especially when Kris stared into his eyes.

He got into class and sat down beside Luhan. He turns and smiled to him.

“What now?” Luhan asked without turning to look at Lay.

“The magazine editor wants me to interview Kris.” Lay said and Luhan turned immediately and stares at him. “Today after school!”

“You’re kidding.” Luhan said. “No, no, you’re serious. I can see that in your eyes. Well, good for you then!”

“Are you crazy? I don’t even know what to ask him, and I can’t even talk properly with him around.” Lay said.

Luhan chuckled. “You’ll be fine. I know it.” He said and gave Lay a pat on the shoulders. “Good luck my friend.”


Lay waited patiently at the school gates as promised after school for Kris. He had been standing there for half an hour and there is still no sight of Kris.

“Damn it, I’ve been stood up.” Lay said and wanted to walk away.

“Hey! Lay! I’m sorry I’m late!” Kris shouted and Lay turned.

“How the hell did he know my name?” Lay thought.

“Sorry, I got into trouble and was in detention.” Kris said. “But no worries, I escaped.”

“Escaped? What if you get caught.”

“I won’t.” Kris said and smiled. “Now let’s go before the teacher found out that I’m gone.” He said and grab Lay’s arm, making Lay tremble at Kris’s touch.

Kris brought Lay to a coffee shop and the two of them entered. Kris ordered for the both of them and stares at Lay.

“Is there something on my face?” Lay asked.

“Nope, I just like looking at you.” Kris said and Lay blushed.

“So uhm, about the interview…”

“Oh yes.” Kris nods. “Can we not do that today?”

“Then what do you want to do?” Lay asked.

“I just want to spend the day with you.” Kris said, making Lay tensed up.

“Uhm… What?”

“Nothing.” Kris said and sat up straight when their coffee and cakes arrived. “I just don’t like being alone at home, you know. It’s boring.”

“Oh right…” Lay nods and relaxes.

“By the way, I want to get to know you.”

“Why?” Lay asked.

“I’ve read some of your articles in the school magazine and I really liked it.” Kris shrugged. “Your writing styles are so special.”

“Thanks.” Lay blushed harder at the compliment.

Lay continues staring at Kris for a quite couple of minutes and looked away immediately when Kris caught him staring. Kris laughed and grabs Lay’s hands. Lay stares at him with his eyes widen.

“Hey Lay, why don’t you date me?” He asked.

“EXCUSE ME?” Lay was shocked at Kris’s question.

“If you don’t want to it’s okay.” Kris said and lets go of his hand.

“Uhm… I…”

“So?” Kris looks at him with a smiling face.

“I don’t know… What if the school finds out, or everyone at school, won’t they laugh at us?” Lay asked.

“I don’t mind.” Kris said. “You?”

“I… Not really…” Lay said. He doesn’t really care about anybody at school.

“Then we’re on?”

“What about your family?” Lay asked, remembering that Kris’s father is the richest man in town.

“They don’t care about me.” Kris said. “Come on, answer my question.”

“I guess… We’re on…?” Lay said with an unsure tone.

“Great. We can start by going on a date now.” Kris said and went to pay for everything. He then returns and pulled Lay along with him.

Kris bought him to the park and the two of them just sat at the bench, looking at people walking by, dog owners playing with their dogs.

Lay looked at Kris and smiled.

“What?” Kris asked.

“I’ve always thought of you as the bad boy type. You know those who bring girls to night clubs and drinks beer, smoke some cigarettes and dance till dawn.” Lay said. “Looks like I am wrong. So wrong.”

“You’re not wrong.” Kris said and Lay looked at him. “I mean, I used to be like what you’ve said. I used to be an ultimate and an idiot but I hate that kind of life. I realized that misbehaving or ruining my own life isn’t really helping myself to get my family’s attention.”

Lay suddenly felt sorry for Kris. He knows that being in a rich family means that he rarely spend time with his family. Lay moved closer to Kris and took his hand, holding it tightly and not letting it go. He smiled at Kris and pats his hands.

“You can always come to my home.” Lay said. “We welcome anyone in.”

Kris stares at him. He leans in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. And that make Lay’s cheek flushed red in a few seconds. “Thank you Lay.”

They spent almost 2 hours just sitting there, talking to each other, getting to know more about each other, holding hands the whole time.

“I’ll be here to pick you up tomorrow to school?” Kris asked when he dropped Lay off at his house.

“You don’t have to.” Lay said.

“But I want to.” Kris said and gave him a kiss on the forehead. “See you tomorrow.”

Lay couldn’t believe all this is happening to him. The guy that he had a crush on since forever said he likes him and now they’re dating. He felt like he needed to tell someone, but he was scared that they might laugh at him, and maybe even stay away from him.

“Mum, I’m home.”

“Hi, honey.” His mum said while watching the TV. “Lay, sit down.”

“What is it?”

“So… That guy that dropped you off… Is he your boyfriend?” His mum asked excitedly.

“How did you know…?”

“I was peeking at the two of you when I heard footsteps.” She said. “Your father and I have always known that you’re not straight.”

“Mum!”

“When are you bringing him home?”

“I don’t know, we just started dating today. Don’t you think it’s too fast?”

“No.” She shook her head. “You should totally bring him back for dinner.”

“Fine… I’ll ask him about it.” He said and went straight upstairs to his room.

Just as he was sitting on his bed, his phone rang. He smiled once he saw the caller.

“What, miss me already?”

“You can say that.” Kris said and laughed. “I’m bored and I miss you.”

“I haven’t even bathed yet.” Lay said.

“Me too. But I’m missing you already.”

“You’re too fast, I can’t catch up.”

“You really think we’re moving too fast?” Kris asked.

“A little.” Lay said, he realized the panic tone Kris had. “But I liked it.”

“You scared me there a little.” Kris said and sighed. “Don’t do that.”

They continued chatting till late evening, until Lay’s mum yelled at him for not taking his bath yet. Kris chuckled when he heard Lay’s mum yelling. He told Lay to go ahead and he will see him tomorrow morning.

The next morning was quite awkward for Lay because his dad and mum were standing outside together with him, wanting to take a look at Kris.

“Mum, dad, can you two please just go back in?” He asked.

“Nope.” His mum said and Lay sighed.

A few minutes later, Kris came with his bicycle.

“Lay!” Kris waved when he saw Lay waiting for him.

“Kris!” Lay smiled. “Are you cycling to school?” He asked.

“Yup, don’t feel like sitting in a car today.” Kris said. “Let’s go.”

“Let me just go get my bicycle.” He said. Kris grabs his arm and stopped him. “No need to do that. I’ll fetch you there.” He said. “Hop on.”

“What?” Lay blushed. He blushed harder when he saw his mum and dad staring at him at the end of their garden, both smiling at him.

“Come on before we get late.” Kris said.

“I guess…” Lay said and got on the bicycle.

“Hang tight.” Kris said and starts pedaling. Lay quickly wrap his arms around Kris’s waist and hang really tight on him.

While they were getting nearer to the school, Lay gets more uncomfortable holding onto Kris. He asked Kris to stop and he got off.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asked.

“I’ll walk from here.” Lay said.

“Why?”

“So that people won’t see us together.” Lay said.

“You don’t want people to know that we’re together?” Kris asked, a little sad.

“I do, I wanted to tell everyone but I’m worried. You have a reputation to take care of and me, I’m just a nobody.”

Kris grabs Lay’s arm gently and looked at him with a stern look. “Don’t you dare say that in front of me. Who said you’re a nobody? In my eyes, you are my everything.”

Lay smiled. “I… I know.” He said and blushed. “But not all people can accept this. Especially those girls that have voted for you to be the hottest guy in school.”

“I don’t care about that.” Kris said. “I just want to be with my boyfriend.”

“Kris, please. Just for now okay? Just let me adjust myself a little longer.” Lay said.

“If this makes you feel better, then it’s fine with me.” Kris said with a little sad look in his eyes. “You go ahead, I’ll be watching you from behind.” He said.

Lay felt guilty for making Kris sad, so he leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the lips and ran away. Kris was stunned at Lay’s sudden kiss and he smiled. He pedaled slowly behind Lay, worried that he might get into trouble. He followed Lay quietly and watches him going into the school building, after parking his bicycle, he went straight to Lay’s locker. Lay was still there and he was talking to Luhan, Kris smiled and went to his own locker to get his stuff for his first class.


Lay stared at his book for a long time and he closed it. He still cannot believe that he, got a boyfriend and he is the school’s hottest guy. He smiled to himself and Luhan looked at him.

“You’re acting so weird.” Luhan said.

“I have something to tell you but promised me that you won’t tell anyone.”

“What is it?” Luhan asked.

“I am dating someone.” Lay said and Luhan raised his eyebrows. “And it’s Kris… We’ve been dating for a week now.”

“Say what?” Luhan’s eyes widen. “You what?”

“Shhh….” Lay said and looked around to make sure that no one is around them.

“I need details.” Luhan said and sat down facing Lay. Lay told him everything, including his thoughts of not wanting anyone to know about them.

“Wait, wait, wait. So he’s fine with that?” Luhan asked.

“Not really…” Lay said. “But he respect my decision.”

“Lay you can’t do this.” Luhan said. “If you really do like him, you won’t mind a little bit of anyone knowing.”

“I don’t really care.” Lay said and Luhan raised one of his eyebrows. “Okay maybe a little. But what I’m doing is that I want to protect him and his reputation. He’s famous for being the school’s bad boy image and the coolest of cool.”

“So?”

“I don’t want to ruin it for him.”

“If he really do loves you he won’t care about all those.” Luhan said. “Think about it Lay.” He said.

Lay sat there and thought of what Luhan said. He’s right. He was so deep in thought that he didn’t realize that it was recess time. When he snapped back into reality, Kris was already standing in front of him, poking his forehead.

“How long have you been here?” Lay asked, looking around and found that most of his classmates have already gone to the cafeteria.

“10 minutes or so.” Kris said and shrugged. “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing.” Lay said. “What do you want to do after school?”

“We could do that interview that you wanted.” Kris said.

“Ah, right. The interview.” Lay said, they have been postponing that for quite a while now. “You want to do it at school or…?”

“Let’s do it at your house.” Kris said.

“My house?”

“Yeah, your parents seem like fun people.” Kris said.

“Oh… You don’t want to know them, they’re kinda embarrassing.” Lay said.

“I like it.” Kris said. “Besides you said that I could always go to your house.”

Lay pouted. “Fine then, I’ll tell my mum so that she could prepare lunch.” He said and stood up.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked.

“Call my mum? I don’t have my cellphone with me so I need to use the public phone booth down the hall.”

“You can use mine.” Kris said and pulled out his phone.


“When are we ending this interview, it’s boring…” Kris said while he flopped onto Lay’s bed.

“One last question.” Lay said and chuckled. “Oh…”

“What is it?”

Lay stiffened a laugh. “What is your ideal girl type?”

Kris stares at him with a blank expression. “You.”

“I’m not a girl!” Lay said.

“Uhm… Just leave it blank, say I have no preference.”

“Okay….” Lay said and wrote down what Kris said. “So, we are done for the day.”

Kris sat up and looks at Lay. “What?” Lay asked.

Kris pats the bed gently, wanting Lay to sit down beside him. Lay smiled and walked next to him and sat down on the bed. Kris then wrapped his arms around Lay and rests his chin on Lay’s head.

“I want to stay like this forever.” He said.

Lay buried his face into Kris chest, all he could smell now was Kris’s cologne and he like it very much. “Me too.”

Kris stares into Lay’s eyes and he moves closer towards him. Their lips touched gently and they stayed like that for a few seconds. Kris pulled away and pushed Lay onto the bed. Lay blushed but he did not resist.

Kris got on top of Lay and while he was about to dive in for another kiss, Lay’s mum knocked on the door and opened it. Kris climbed up immediately but he lost his balance and fell to the floor.

“Kris!” Lay got up and pulled his boyfriend up.

“Oops did I come at the wrong time?” His mum asked. “I hope I didn’t interrupt anything.”

“No… Not really.”” Kris said while blushing.

“Anyway, lunch’s ready.”

“Alright mum.” Lay said and the two of them went downstairs.

Lay’s dad was already sitting at the dining table, waiting for them. He usually get back from work to have lunch at home.

“Mrs Zhang, this is the best lunch I’ve ever had!” Kris said while helping himself on Lay’s mum’s dishes.

“Oh you’re exaggerating.” Lay’s mum said.

“No, really!” Kris said while munching on his food. “The best!” He said and gave her a thumbs up.

“So, Kris, tell us more about yourself.” Lay’s dad said.

“Me? Oh uhm, I am a year older than Lay and I actually got to know him through his article for the school magazine.”

“Oh that’s nice.” Lay’s mum said.

“What about your family?”

“Oh my dad and mum are always working and they don’t really have time for me.” Kris said. “But I am already used to it, so I’m completely fine.”

“You poor thing!” Lay’s mum said. “So that means that you rarely have any home cooked food?”

“Yup, it’s always food cooked by the maid and to be honest, it taste so bad compared to this. This, is heaven food.” Kris said.

Lay’s mum was fluttered by Kris’s compliment and she really like this boy.

“You have to stay for the night.” She said. “I’m sure your parents won’t mind.”

“Oh I don’t know.” Kris said and looked at Lay and his father.  “If it’s okay with Mr Zhang and Lay…”

“Of course you are staying!” Lay’s father said. “Now Lay, don’t tell me you’re asking your boyfriend to leave right?”

“Of course not.” Lay said and grabs Kris’s hands under the table. “But where is he sleeping…?”

“What kind of question is that?” His father asked. “Of course your room.”

Lay’s eyes widen. So they are going to share a bed at his parent’s house.

After lunch, Lay bought Kris upstairs and threw a towel towards him. “You need to shower mister.” He said.

“What am I supposed to change into?”

“I have a few of these oversized sweaters.” Lay said and began digging his closet. “You go first, I’ll leave them here on the bed.”

Kris went ahead and took a shower and when he was done, Lay was nowhere to be seen. Sweaters and a pair of sweatpants were laid on the bed so Kris assumed that those were for him. While he was putting on his clothes, Lay walked in and immediately looked away.

“I’m sorry!” He said.

“It’s alright.” Kris said. “We’re both guys Lay, beside, you’re my boyfriend.” He said.

“You’re right.” Lay said and went to the closet to get his towel. Just as he was about to walk towards the bathroom, Kris hugged him from behind.

“I really do like you Lay, in fact, I love you.” He said.

Lay chuckled. “You know what, I love you too.”

Kris eyes widen. This is the first time in the week that Lay has said that he loves him.  Usually it was Kris who always say he loves Lay but today Lay finally said it.

“And you know what? I don’t care anymore. Everyone can know about this.” Lay said. “I admit that I was a little bit of a coward at first to admit that we are together but now, I don’t care about that anymore. All I care about is you.”

“You’re the sweetest guy on Earth.” Kris said and smiled.

“And you’re the best.” Lay said and tiptoed to give Kris a kiss.


It might be a little but crappy but I decided to post one last story......

Just kidding I'm not going to stop writing these teehee

My exams starting next Monday and I will be back on the end of November T.T 

GUYS I'M GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL! xD