Post Its (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

The sound of birds chirping, the warm sun rays shone into the room. It is the perfect Friday morning to wake up to.

“Ringggggg!” The alarm started ringing.

Yixing groaned and turned towards the night stand, slapping the snooze button as soon as he reached it. He sits up and glanced around. Oh right, he is not on his bed, this is not his room, wait, in fact, this isn’t even his house. He turned around and saw the sleeping blonde, his back still facing him.

It’s been a week since Yixing was forced to marry this guy sleeping beside him. He didn’t want to marry Kris Wu; he was just a total stranger to him, so why marry him?

Apparently, according to their grandparents, the two of them were somehow paired up by the gods, by the spirits. They were already paired up even before they were born, when their mothers are still pregnant.

Yixing was just minding his own business, dancing and singing as usual in his room when suddenly his mother slam open the door excitedly and pulled him downstairs, saying that they have found his wedding partner. He walked down the stairs, still dazed from the sudden news and all he could see is his father chatting away with three strangers.

He has to admit that the moments his eyes landed on Kris, he was amazed by the beauty of that man. How could someone look do perfect? He stares at Kris and Kris turns and stares back. Yixing blushed and looks away.

“So, this is Yixing?” Kris’s mother, Mrs. Wu said.

“He’s grown up to a fine young man!” Mr. Wu said. “Let me take a look at you.” He added and stood up. He walked towards Yixing and pats him on both the shoulders and turns him around a circle. “Quite a good lad you’ve got here.” He said and let go of Yixing then returning to his seat.

“Kris is just as fine too.” Mr. Zhang said and looked at Kris. “How long has it been? 20 years?”

“Kris is already 23 this year, and that’s how long since we last met.” Mr. Wu said.

“Why don’t the two of you introduce yourself to each other?” Mrs. Zhang said.

“Kris Wu.” Kris said, extending his arm for a handshake.

Yixing nods and shook his hand. “Zhang Yixing.” He said.

“Now, shall we get back to the topic?” Mr. Zhang said and everyone looked at him.

“When do you think the marriage should be held?” Mrs. Zhang asked.

Marriage? Who’s getting married? Me? But with who? Thoughts were filling Yixing’s mind.

“My mother said the dates were already discussed, it will be held next month.” Mr. Wu said.

“That soon?” Mrs. Zhang asked and Mrs. Wu nodded.

“What about the preparations?” Mr. Zhang asked.

“Everything will be done by this month; you don’t have to worry Mr. Zhang.” Mr. Wu said.

Yixing stares at everyone, his eyes widen.

“Uhmm…” He made a sound and everyone turns and looked at him. “Who’s getting married?” He asked.

“You didn’t tell him?” Mrs. Wu asked Mrs. Zhang.

“You are sweetie.” Mrs. Zhang said and held Yixing’s hand.

“But with who?” He asked again.

“Why, with Kris of course!” Mr. Zhang said and Yixing blinked his eyes. He looked at Kris and Kris stares back, his face cold with no expression but Yixing could clearly see that the older male is slightly blushing.

“WHAT?” Yixing stood up. “Why?”

“It’s all decided son, it’s fate.” His mother said.

And just like that, he was Kris’s fiancé. A month’s time passed quicker than he had expected and on his wedding day, he could see his parents and grandparents are all smiling proudly, feeling happy for him.

Although it has been a week, Yixing still thinks that this is ridiculous. He had just married a total stranger and to be honest, he doesn’t even know Kris’s real name. His mother would constantly switch from Kris to Kevin, some people call him Wufan and some calls him Yifan. His grandparents call him Jiaheng and Yixing doesn’t know what to call him.

Yixing took a last glance at the sleeping Kris and slips out of bed. He would usually wake up an hour earlier than Kris to prevent awkward situations from happening. He went to the bathroom and brushes his teeth and after completing his daily routine, he walked downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast.

After marrying Kris, Yixing didn’t have to go to work anymore. Kris asked him to submit his resignation letter and just relax at home. Mr. Wu owns a big company and had Kris works there as the director there and so, Kris is able to provide the luxury they are living now.

Yixing was sipping on his warm coffee when he heard the bed upstairs creaking, Kris is awake and a few moments later, a tall figure walked into the kitchen, fully dressed in his suit for work.

“Morning!” Yixing said with a smile, his dimple showing.

That smile attracted Kris and he stares at Yixing, he thinks that Yixing is an angel, an angel that has happened to marry him and be his husband.

“Morning.” Kris replied, gathering his senses back. He grabbed his mug and filled it with the coffee Yixing made.

Breakfast was silent as usual, Kris really wanted to start a conversation with Yixing but he didn’t know how.

“So…”

“So…”

That was awkward. The two of them had started speaking at the same time.

“You first.” Yixing said and he smiled another heart-fluttering dimpled smile.

“What do you usually do after I go to work?” Kris asked.

“Me? Pretty much nothing, maybe plant some flowers, watch some TV.” Yixing said with a chuckle.

“Do you want to go out tonight?” Kris asked.

“Huh?” Yixing was shocked, it was the first time Kris asked him out.

“I mean, we are married and stuff…” Kris said and rubbed his nape. “But if you don’t want to then…”

“Sure!” Yixing said before Kris could finish his sentence.

“Huh? Oh, great! I’ll pick you up at 7 then.”  Kris said and stood up.

“Sounds great.” Yixing said.

Kris nodded and glanced around, gulping down his coffee. The atmosphere was getting awkward.

“I guess I better get going.” He said.

“Yeah…” Yixing said softly.

“See you at 7.”

“Sure.”

Kris wanted to say something else but he hesitated. He opened his mouth but closed it after a while. He smiles an awkward smile and walks out the kitchen. Yixing can hear the front door closing and the sound of the car getting started. He sighs and begins cleaning the table. He then spotted Kris’s phone on the table and he took it.

“Oh no.” Yixing said to himself. “He’s so forgetful.”

This is already the third time this week. Yixing found out that Kris is a very forgetful person. There’s once Kris forgot to wear his socks and he came back five minutes later and left quickly. Then there’s once he forgot to bring the house key so he had to wait outside until Yixing came back from his evening jog.

“This can’t do.” Yixing said and called Kris’s secretary.

“Hello, Secretary Kim?”

“Yes, did director forget something again?” He asked and Yixing chuckled.

“Yeah he left his phone again. Can you come and get it?” Yixing asked. “He might have something important in his phone.”

“I will be there in 10 minutes.” Secretary Kim said.

“Thank you.” Yixing said and Secretary Kim hung up.

Kris is so forgetful that it worries Yixing sometimes. He can’t possibly remind Kris about everything every time. But what worries him most is his relationship with Kris, it’s been a week now and he bet that he and Kris had not spoken more than 20 sentences. He didn’t want to get a divorce, which might affect Kris’s company and would make everyone unhappy. Yixing wants this to work, he really does. Kris might be a stranger but now, but now he is his husband, they’re married.

Yixing walks around the bungalow Mr. Wu got for them as a wedding present. It was huge, there’s even a pool at the back of the house. He heard the doorbell ringing and he rushed to open it. It was Secretary Kim. Yixing hands him Kris’s phone and thank him again.

Yixing got bored once Secretary Kim left. He looked at the wedding ring he got on his right hand. He touches it and sighed softly. His phone’s notification ringtone rang and he looked at it. It was a text from Kris, thanking him for passing his phone to him. Yixing smiled, it was the first text message Kris had sent him.

Yixing suddenly remembered the dinner date he was going to have with Kris later. He ran upstairs to their room and opened the huge walk-in closet and began searching for a nice outfit for that evening. While looking through the closet, he spotted a huge stack of colorful post-it on the drawer and it gave him an idea. He writes something on it and sticks them up all around the house.

7 came quickly and before Yixing knows it, Kris was already honking the car horn outside the gates. He rushed downstairs and wears his shoes and dashed outside to the car.

“I’m sorry! I couldn’t fine my socks.” He said while entering the car.

“It’s alright.” Kris said. The moment Yixing got in the car, the smell of green tea extract shampoo filled the car. Kris liked that fragrance and he looked at Yixing, he was quite impressed at how well yixing was dressed for the evening.

Dinner was getting awkward but it was better compared to breakfast time that morning.

“How was work?” Yixing asked, trying to start up a conversation.

“It was fine.” Kris replied.

Yixing nodded and they were in silent once again. Kris couldn’t stand it anymore; he had to make a move.  He actually quite like Yixing, he might have a little crush on him already.

“Listen.” Kris said suddenly and that made Yixing jumped.

“I’m sorry.” Yixing said, embarrassed that he got shocked.

“It’s fine.” Kris said. “I was just thinking that uhh… Do you have any plans tomorrow?” He asked.

“No, not really.” Yixing said. “Why?”

“I was thinking, why don’t we go on a date?” Kris asked.

“A date? But we’re married.” Yixing said.

“I know but we barely know each other.” Kris said. “I think we could get to know each other more on the date.”

“Okay… So what do you want to do?” Yixing asked.

“Let’s go on a picnic, just the two of us.” Kris said.

“Sure… Okay…” Yixing said, he didn’t know how to reply Kris.

“Great! I’ll put it on my schedule then.” Kris said, smiling.

Yixing blushed at Kris’s smile. He looks extremely cute, handsome and not to mention drop dead gorgeous when he smiles.

“Are you drunk? Too much wine maybe?” Kris asked when he saw Yixing’s flushed cheeks.

“No, no. I’m fine. Just a little hot you know.” Yixing said, looking down at his plate.

“Oh… Okay…” Kris said and once again, they fell into silence.

 

………………..

 

Yixing woke up earlier than usual the next day to prepare for their picnic date later. He even prepared a list of ingredients he needs and went to the market to buy those ingredients that are missing.

Kris woke up and as usual, the spot beside him was empty. He walked into the bathroom and saw something yellow was stuck on the mirror. He rubbed his eyes and looks at it again. It is a yellow colored post-it. He pulled it down and read it.

 

"Don’t forget to brush your teeth! And don’t mistake my face wash as the toothpaste! ^.^"

                                                                                                                                                                -Yixing

 

Kris chuckled at how cute Yixing can be. He brushed his teeth and took a shower. He walked out of the bathroom and towards the closet after finish showering. There was another post-it on the drawer, a blue one this time.

 

"Remember to wear your underwear and pants! O.O"

                                                                                                -Yixing

 

Kris blushed once he read that. He did once forget to wear his pants and walked downstairs, almost making Yixing faint. He changed out of his pajamas and went downstairs. He peeked into the kitchen and found it empty. That’s weird, Yixing would usually be having breakfast now. He looked around the house and Yixing was nowhere to be found. His tummy was rumbling so he went back to the kitchen. He saw there, on the table, was his breakfast and another pink colored post-it on his mug.

 

"I’ll be back soon. Eat your breakfast well! I don’t want you to get gastric! >.<"

                                                                                                                                -Yixing

 

Kris smiled. He had fallen deeper for Yixing. That guy is just too cute and he really wants everything to work. He munch happily on the sandwich Yixing made, it was delicious!

Kris walked to the living room and switch on the TV, flipping through the channels. He is bored and there’s nothing interesting showing on TV. He heard the front door slamming and he sat up immediately.

Yixing’s back! He thought happily to himself and walked towards Yixing. He was carrying a lot of groceries.

“Morning Wufan!” Yixing said and smiled.

Kris’s heart skipped a beat. Yixing just called him Wufan and he liked it.

“Morning! Let me help you.” He said and took a few bags from Yixing.

“Thanks. I thought that I’m going to dislocate my arm.” Yixing said and Kris laughed.

“Next time, just wake me up when you’re going shopping.” He said.

Things are getting better. Yixing thought. Maybe this marriage isn’t that bad after all.

The two of them spent the morning in the kitchen, preparing their lunch for the picnic later. Kris almost got kick out of the kitchen for messing with the oven and he promised not to do that again.

“Bacon or chicken?” Yixing asked.

“Bacon. Definitely bacon.” Kris said.

“Why?”

“Well, I just feel like it.” Kris said and Yixing laughed.

“Well then, Mr. Feel-Like-It, pass me the butter.” Yixing said.

“Anyway, what’s with the post-its?” Kris asked, handing Yixing the butter.

“Oh that.  You realized huh.” He asked and Kris nodded. “I stick them up because you’re so forgetful Wufan.” Yixing said and Kris blushed.

He moves closer to Yixing and gave him a hug. “Thanks.”

Yixing froze and Kris lets go.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“No.” Yixing looked at him. “We’re married, remember?” He said and smiled the smile that Kris loved the most.

“Yeah. We’re married.” Kris said.

They finished preparing everything and Yixing was getting ready to get into the car. But Kris wasn’t planning on going by car.

“Aren’t we going yet?” Yixing asked, trying to open the locked car door.

“We are. But I have a better idea.” Kris said. He opened the garage and went it, coming out a few minutes later riding on his bicycle.

Yixing tilted his head and looked at him.

“We’re going by bicycle?” Yixing asked.

“Yeah, there’s another one in the garage.” Kris said and nodded towards the garage.

“Wufan… I don’t know how to ride a bicycle.” Yixing said, blushing.

Kris looked at him and chuckled. “Then hop on.” He said.

“What?” Yixing asked.

“Come on, get on.” Kris said.

“But what about this?” Yixing asked, holding up the basket containing their lunch.

Kris smiled and took the basket from Yixing and put it in the basket on the bicycle.

“Hurry up and get on.” Kris said.

Yixing nodded and get on the bicycle. He hesitated whether to put his arms around Kris’s waist or to just hold his shoulders. Kris must have read his mind and he chuckled.

“Hold on tight; put our arms around my waist.” He said, slightly blushing.

Yixing blushed and put his arms around Kris’s waist. His heart was thumping fast and his mind was blank.

“I’m off now.” Kris said and they started moving. He started a little unstable and Yixing hugged him tighter. “Sorry, sorry.” He said and chuckled.

They went to the park near their house and Kris keep teasing Yixing from time to time. He would paddle faster and make Yixing scared, earning back slaps and laughs from Yixing.

They reached the park and found a shady place under the big maple tree to sit down. The two of them laid out everything and began eating their lunch.

“Tell me.” Kris suddenly said. “How did you felt when you first heard that we’re getting married?”

Yixing looked at him and thought for a while. “Hmm… There’s confusion, frustration and then there’s curiosity.” He said. “You? Did you felt the same?”

“Yeah, something like that. I actually felt quite stressed out.” Kris said, lying down and puts his hands under his head.

“Why?”

“I don’t know… I mean, I am marrying a stranger. I don’t even know you and I wasn’t sure that this would work out. My parents really like you and they want this to work.”

“Well, I want this to work… Don’t you?” Yixing asked.

“I do. I really do.” Kris said.

Yixing looked at him. The guy lying down in front of him is his husband. Yixing moved closer to Kris and lie down beside him. The both of the, stares into the blue sky and they were silent for a while.

“Look Yixing, that cloud looks like a loaf of bread.” Kris said, pointing at the clouds.

“And that looks like a dino.” Yixing said, pointing at the other clouds.

“It looks more like and alligator to me.” Kris said and they both laughed.

They turned their heads at the same time, their faces just inches away from each other. Kris can fell his heartbeat was getting faster and Yixing felt the same. They stare at each other for quite a while and Yixing lean in and kiss Kris. It was a soft, lovely kiss. Kris stares at Yixing and Yixing pulls away, blushing.

“Sorry.” He said and wipes his lips with his sleeves. He sits up quickly and looked away.

Kris smiles and pulls Yixing back. “I believe this is the kiss I deserve.” He said and kiss Yixing again. This time it was a deep and passionate kiss.

So this is what they call love. Yixing thought to himself as he kisses Kris. He was on top of Kris and Kris had his arms around Yixing.

Kris had never felt so happy before. He is in love, deeply in love with his husband and he is in his arms now. They pulled away after a few minutes of kissing, both out of breath and both of their lips swollen from all that kissing. Yixing is blushing and so is Kris.

“Let’s get home.” Kris said.

“Yeah… Let’s.”

 

………………..

 

Another week passed by and the couple become more and more loving day by day. They would cuddle every night and Yixing would wake up tightly wrapped in Kris’s embrace. On weekdays, Yixing would wake up earlier and slips out of bed to make breakfast for them and on weekeneds, they would cuddle longer in bed and make breakfast together. Sometimes when Yixing went for a morning jog, kris would wake up in shock because the spot beside him would be empty and Yixing is nowhere to be seen. Yixing still uses the post-its around the house and the messages on it would be different every day. Every message would make Kris smile.

“G’morning.” Kris said, back hugging his husband and planting kisses on his neck.

“Morning Wufan.” Yixing said and turns around. He put his arms around Kris’s neck and gives him a peck on the lips. “Oh right, before I forget, my parents are coming for dinner tonight. My brother is dying to meet you. He didn’t get to attend our wedding because he was having exams back in the U.S. According to my mother, he is huge fan of yours.”

“Oh, then I must meet him then, Yixing’s little brother.” Kris said and smiled, gently knocking their foreheads together.

“Think you can come back earlier today?” Yixing asked.

“I’ll try, but I can’t promise you Xing. You know… Business problems.” Kris said and sighed.

“Stress at work?” Yixing asked, Kris’s head.

“Yeah, there’s this client that is such a pain in the .” Kris said and Yixing laughed.

“You don’t bad mouth your clients like that.” He said and pokes Kris’s cheeks.

“But he reall does piss me off everytime.” Kris said and puffed his cheeks.

“Well, let this calm you down then.” Yixing said and kisses him.

“You’re becoming more cheesy nowadays.” Kris said when they pulled away.

“I learnt that from you.” Yixing said and Kris chuckled. “Better get prepared now or else you’ll be late for work.” He said and pinched Kris’s nose.

“Ah I hate work.” Kris said and Yixing laughed.

“That’s the first time I heard you saying that.” He said and Kris laughed.

“Who would want to go to work when you have an extremely attractive husband at home?” Kris said and Yixing gave him a soft punch.

“Shut up.” He said and chuckled.

Kris went to work as usual and this time, Yixing make sure that he brings everything with him. He also keeps on reminding him to get home as early as possible that day.

Yixing was preparing for dinner when he heard the doorbell rang. He wiped his hands on the kitchen cloth and went to open the door.

“Ge!” Tao said as soon as Yixing opened the door. The kid is active as usual.

“Hey panda.” Yixing said and ruffled his brother’s hair. “Dad, mum, welcome.” He said and smiled.

“Where’s Kris?” Mr. Zhang asked when he saw Kris was nowhere to be seen.

“Still working.” Yixing said. “Have a seat while I go get you guys something to drink.” He said and went to the kitchen.

“Ge, your house is so huge! There’s a swimming pool! Can I jump in? I am tempted to do that.” Tao said and followed Yixing around the house.

“Sure Tao but don’t blame me when your asthma got worse.” Yixing said and Tao pouted.

He was chatting with his family when he got a call from Kris.

“Hey babe.” Kris said.

“Hey, what is it?” Yixing asked.

“I’m sorry but I can’t get home early today. Emergency meeting again.” He said with a sad tone.

“Oh…” Yixing’s shoulders dropped. “Oh, it’s alright.”

“I promise to make it up to you and your family.” Kris said, he knows that Yixing is disappointed but he couldn’t leave his work.

“It’s alright Wufan, just do whatever you have to do and stay focus in work, okay?” Yixing said.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault, besides, there’s always another time.” Yixing said.

“I’ll see you when you get home?” Kris asked.

“I’ll be waiting.” Yixing said and smile to himself.

“Okay… Bye.”

“Bye…” And he hungs up the phone.

“What is it Xing?” Mrs. Zhang asked.

“I guess it’s just the four of us tonight. Wufan can’t make it home.” Yixing said.

“Awwww I really wanted to meet him though.” Tao said and sighed.

Yixing smiled and walked towards his brother. “Idiot, I’ll come over tomorrow with him then.” Yixing said and Tao lights up.

 

………...........

 

Kris was exhausted. The meeting went on for hours and he didn’t even have a chance to take a break, he didn’t even have dinner yet. He looked at his watch and realized that it was already 2 a.m. in the morning, he wonders if Yixing is still up waiting for him. He opened the front door and walked in, taking off his blazer and pulling off his neck tie and throwing it at the couch. He walked towards the kitchen to check if there’s anything for him to eat.

He was walking towards the fridge when he saw Yixing sleeping, his head on the counter. Kris sighed. Yixing must have stayed up to wait for him and fell asleep. He picks Yixing up and head towards their bedroom.

“Uhh Wufan?” Yixing opened his eyes when Kris puts him gently on the bed.

“Oh, Xing, I’m sorry I woke you up.” Kris said.

“No, it’s alright. Did you just get back?” He asked and Kris nodded. “You must be tired, let me go draw a bath for you.” He said and gets up.

Kris pulls his hands and hugged him tight. “I’m not tired Xing.” He said.

“Liar.” Yixing said and cupped Kris’ cheeks. “You look exhausted.”

“I have you.” Kris said and Yixing blushed.

Kris pulls him closer and kisses him. After a hard day at work, Yixing is the reason that he is still going.

“You know, I’m really sorry for not coming back earlier.” Kris said.

“You’ve apologized enough Wufan.” Yixing said and poked his chest.

“I’m feeling guilty. Is Tao mad at me?” Kris asked.

“Hmm… Let’s see… I promised him that you’ll get him the PS4 before he gets back to U.S. So, no, he’s not mad at all.” Yixing said and Kris chuckled.

“Should we go get it tomorrow then?” Kris asked.

“I was thinking the same thing too.” Yixing said and winked at Kris. “Now, let’s get to bed, it’s getting late.”

“Oh before that.” Kris said and pulled Yixing’s arm. “Do you think you could make me something to eat? I’m hungry.”

“Did you have dinner?” Yixing asked, he’s worried of Kris.

“Errr… Yes?” Kris said, he did have a cup of coffee and it’s not considered as lying.

“What did you have?” Yixing asked.

“Is coffee considered dinner?” Kris asked.

“Wufan, you have to eat regular meals! That’s the second time this week now.” Yixing said.

“I know but I don’t have the time.” Kris said.

Yixing sighed. “That’s it. I’m going to pack lunchboxes for you starting from tomorrow.”

“You really are the best husband aren’t you?” Kris asked, smirking.

“I have to because I have a Ben Ben to take care of.” Yixing said. “Now come on, let’s go make some ramyun.”

Kris laughed and pouted when Yixing called him Ben Ben, but he liked it. “Yes sir!” He said and followed Yixing to the kitchen.

 


I actually wanted to write angst for this fic, but I changed my mind because I love fluff more.

And I figured you guys would hate me forever if I wrote angst for this.

Kray all the way!