Something Special (Kray)

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

“What?” Yixing looked at the notice board and shouted.

“What is it?” Kris asked.

“I didn’t get in.” Yixing said, his voice trembling.

“Yixing…” Kris looked at the notice board and then back to Yixing.

“I worked hard on this, why can’t I get in?” Yixing said softly and stares at the piece of paper on the board, it was a list of name of those who had successfully got into the college they wanted.

“Well, you are really sick on the day of the entrance exam.” Kris said.

“Kris!” Someone shouted and Kris turns.

“Oh hey Chanyeol.” Kris said and smiled.

“Congrats on getting in!” Chanyeol said.

“Yeah, you too!” Kris said. “Looks like only the two of us from our class got in.”

Chanyeol nods his head. “Some people are just bad luck.” She said while eyeing Yixing.

Yixing clenched his fists and he keeps his head down.

“Ah, this, is for you.” Chanyeol said and gave Kris something.

“Oh, thanks!”

Yixing couldn’t stand it anymore and he ran away.

“Yah Zhang Yixing!” Kris shouted but Yixing just kept running. “I’m sorry Chanyeol, I’ll see you later.” He said and ran after Yixing.

“Let go of me!” Yixing shouted when Kris grab hold of his arm.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Kris asked.

“You go with Chanyeol! You two are made for each other, unlike me I’m just an idiot that can’t even make it through some entrance exam!” Yixing said and hold on to a pole while Kris pulled his other arm.

“What are you talking about?”

“I knew everything Kris! I knew he gave you chocolate during Valentine’s this year right?” Yixing asked.

Kris blushed. “You went through my backpack?” He asked. “Doesn’t matter. Here” He said and gave Yixing his handkerchief. “Wipe those tears. I know you worked hard on the exams so cheer up, you did your best.”

Yixing kept quiet and stares at the bus schedule. The bus arrives a few minutes later and he immediately runs onto the bus.

“Yah Zhang Yixing!” Kris was shocked and followed him in.

Yixing went to the back of the bus and sat down, pouting. Kris walked beside him and sat down.

“So, where do you wanna go?” He asked.

“Anywhere.” Yixing answered short.

“What do you mean anywhere?” Kris asked.

“We never actually went out together to places since we’re together.” Yixing said while staring out the window. “I just wanted to go on a date with you.”

Kris looked at Yixing. He was suddenly feeling guilty that he didn’t actually pay much attention to him for the past 2 years they were together. The bus went on and on and they pass by a beach, Yixing’s eyes lit up and he tugs Kris’s sleeves.

“Let’s get down here.” He said.

“Huh?”

“I want to go to the beach.”  He said.

The bus stopped and Yixing stood up.

“Hey hey wait for me.” Kris said and he stood up. His bag fell to the floor and things scattered around.

“Hurry up!” Yixing said.

“Hold on!”

The bus door closed and Yixing got frustrated. “Damn it.”

“Let’s just get down at the next station and walk back okay?” Kris asked.

“It’s all because of you.” Yixing said. “Why didn’t you close your bag?”

“I was taking out my phone and you suddenly said that you wanted to get down!” Kris said, defending himself.

“Fine.” Yixing said and sat back down.

Kris looks at Yixing. “Why did I shout at him again?” He thought to himself, constantly hitting his head with his hand.

Yixing looked into Kris’s bag and saw something wrapped with colorful wrapper. “What’s this?” He asked, taking out the small box.

Kris’s eyes widen and he snatches the box from Yixing’s hand. “It’s nothing.” He said and put it back into his back quickly.

“Incheon.” The bus PA system announced.

“Let’s go.” Kris said while looking at the silent Yixing.

Yixing silently stood up and follows Kris.

“It’s kinda far to walk back to the beach from here.” Kris said. “Why don’t we just go shopping around here?” He asked.

“Beach.” Yixing replied short.

Kris looks at Yixing. “Okay, if you want to.” He said. He can sense that something’s not right with Yixing.

They kept walking and Kris realized that they had not call back home. “Hey do you want to call your mum maybe? She would be worried if you don’t.”

“Oh right.” Yixing suddenly remembered. He checks his pockets but his phone was not there. “Weird.” He mumbled. He opens his backpack but it’s not there either. “I think I left my phone at home.” He said.

Kris smiles. “You’re still as forgetful as ever aren’t you.” He said and gave Yixing his phone.

“Errr Kris?”

“Yeah?”

“No battery.” Yixing said and show Kris his phone.

“What?”

“Let’s just look for a public phone.” Yixing said and pulled Kris with him.

“There’s one.” Kris said, pointing towards the phone booth across the street.

“Hello mum? I’m out with Kris now.” He said. “No, I didn’t get in.” He said again after a short pause.

Kris looks at Yixing.

“Oh, it’s alright honey! Be home earlier okay! Don’t stay out too late!” Yixing’s mum said from the other line.

“I won’t.” Yixing said. “I’ll see you later at home. Bye.” He said and hung up. “Your turn.” He said and gave Kris the receiver.

Kris shook his head. “It’s alright. Let’s go.”

“You really don’t want to call?” Yixing asked again.

“Nope.”

“Don’t you want to tell your family that you got in?” Yixing thought to himself.

“Anyway Kris!” Yixing said and ran up to Kris. “Congrats on getting in!”

Kris stares at Yixing.

“I’m being sincere here!” Yixing smiled.

Kris smiles a little and starts looking for something in his backpack.

“Here.” He said and gave Yixing the small colorful box from before.

“What’s this?” Yixing asked and opened it. “Ah… Candy?”

“Shouldn’t you be a little bit happier?” Kris asked.

“Is this the candy Chanyeol gave him just now? Why is he giving it to me?” Yixing thought.

Kris walked up in front and Yixing just follows him behind. Kris was walking when suddenly he bumped into one of the two girls that were talking.

“Oops, I’m sorry.” He said and bowed.

“It’s alright.” The girl said.

“That guy is so cute!” The other said when they were passing Yixing.

“Yeah! He’s so tall too!”

Yixing stood still. “Yeah…” He mumbles. “He sure is.” He said to himself.

“We’re going to get into different colleges and then… Kris is probably going to get a lot more of attention than he usually has. By then, he would forget about me.” Yixing thought. “Am I really Kris’s boyfriend?”

“What are you doing there?” Kris asked. “Hurry up.”

Yixing walked up to Kris and the two of them continues walking towards the beach. Thoughts were crossing through Yixing’s mind but he chooses to ignore them. He should be happy to be able to spend time together with Kris, not thinking about things that might happened in the near future.

“Why did you wanna go to the beach again?” Kris asked.

“Because it’s romantic during the evening with the sunsets and we can hold hands and stroll around the beach.”

“And then?”

“And we can… You know, kiss!” Yixing said while blushing.

“With who?”

Yixing looked at Kris. “You’re an idiot.”

Kris laughed and he grabs Yixing’s hands. “I know.”

“Finally!” Yixing was getting really excited when they reached the beach. “Beachhh!!!!” He shouted and ran around the sand.

“Yixing, the last bus for today is coming in five minutes!” Kris said while checking on the bus schedule.

“But we just got here.”

“We don’t have a choice.” Kris said. “Unless you don’t want to go home.”

“I want to have ice cream in that stall there.” Yixing said while pointing towards the stall at the other side of the beach.

“But if the bus came when you were eating ice cream, I’m going to leave you here.” Kris said.

“I don’t want to go back.” Yixing said.

“Yixing, we can have ice cream when we get back okay?” Kris said, trying to convince Yixing to go back with him.

Yixing turns around and Kris saw that he had been crying. “You don’t understand!” He shouted and thre the candy Kris gave him just now at Kris.

Yixing runs away, leaving Kris standing there alone, dazed.

“You’re the one that doesn’t understand.” Kris mumbles to himself.

Yixing walked towards the ice cream stall and sat on the stool. “I want the strawberry flavored one!” He said to the owner of the stall.

“Alright! What go want to put on top?”

“Anything. Just make it pretty.” Yixing said and smiled.

“Here, I put on some candy for you because today is the 14th of March.”

“What?”

“Yeah, today is the 14th of March.”

“Oh no.” Yixing stood up and ran back towards the beach. “How can I be so forgetful? It’s White Day today!”

“I hope that one day you’ll give candies back to me on White Day!” Yixing said while giving chocolates to Kris on Valentine ’s Day years ago.

“I only give candies to the person I really really like.” Kris said.

“Then excuse me give it back!” Yixing said while trying to reach out for the chocolates.

“Hey! You gave them to me!” Kris said while pushing Yixing away.

Yixing ran and ran till he reached the spot where he shouted at Kris. He saw the candies he threw at Kris, they were scattered around the floor.

“I’m sorry.” Yixing said.

He felt someone threw something at him and he turned. His eyes widen and his mouth was wide open.

“Great throw.” Kris said.

“But I thought…”

“I went back and leave you alone here? No.” Kris said.

“But the bus…”

“We can walk home together.”

“I’m sorry…” Yixing said. “I forgot that it’s White Day today and I thought those were the candies Chanyeol gave you.”

“No.” Kris said and took out some papers from his bag. “He gave me these.” Kris said and showed Yixing the registration papers that Chanyeol gave him.

“Sorry…”

“But at least I saved one candy.” Kris said and took out the one that he managed to catch.

“Oh yeah!”

But before Yixing could say anything else, Kris ate the only candy he had.

“I’m not giving you anything else from now on.”

“You’re so mean!” yixing squealed. “I’m your boyfriend!”

“What are you talking about?” Kris blushed and asked.

“Listen to me.” Yixing said and looked into Kris’s eyes. “We won’t be able to see each other every day after April. But even so, you’re still be my only boyfriend.” Yixing said. “Even if you found someone else, you’re still forever in my heart.”

“Even if we went to different colleges, you too shall be my only boyfriend.” Kris said.

Yixing looked at him. “Kris…”

“I love you Yixing. You know it.”

“I want that candy.” Yixing said.

“But I ate it.” Kris said.

Yixing looks at Kris and Kris looks back. He leans in and kisses Kris and Kris kisses back. They kiss and kiss till the both of them were out of breath.

“Let’s get back home.” Kris said.

“We can get on a taxi.”

“Who’s going to pay?” Kris asked and Yixing laughed.


“ZHANG YIXING! WHAT DID I TOLD YOU ABOUT COMING HOME LATE?” Yixing’s mum shouted at him as soon as he stepped into the house.

“I’m sorry mum!” Yixing said and hide behind Kris.

“It’s all my fault Mrs. Zhang, don’t shout at Yixing anymore.” Kris said.

“But thank God you’re out with Kris. I wouldn’t trust you if you’re out alone.” Mrs. Zhang said. “Anyway, here.” She said and gave Yixing an envelope. “It’s yours.”

“What is this…” Yixing said and opened it. “I got in?” Yixing asked.

“What?” Kris’s eyes widen and took the paper from Yixing.

“It says that I got in! It was a mistake they’ve done and I’m in!” Yixing said.

“That’s great!” Kris said and hugs Yixing tightly.

“I guess I’ll leave the two of you alone.” Mrs. Zhang said and walked back to the kitchen.

“We can still see each other every day from now on.” Kris said.

“Yeah.” Yixing smiled.


How long has it been? Two weeks? Three weeks?

I know… I’m sorry! I’ve been busy and well… Procrastinating.

I’ve heard that EXO is coming back and hell yeah I am excited as ever!