Valentine's Day!

EXO One Shots! (Open Request)

 

“Hey, you got anything for Yixing for Valentine’s?”

“OH !” Kris sat up straight and looked at Tao. “Oh damn damn damn.”

“Chill out.” Tao said and gave him a smack on the back. “There’s still time.”

“No Tao, the problem is I don’t know what does he wants.”

“Give him chocolate, give him a puppy, flowers, anything.” Tao said. “You know he likes anything you give him.”

“But that’s what I gave him every year.” Kris said. “I just want to give him a surprise.”

“Isn’t it time you two, I dunno, get engaged?” Kyungsoo popped out from the cubicle next to Kris’s.

“Engaged?”

“Yeah, you two have been together since forever.” Kyungsoo said. “Maybe it’s time to give him that ring.”

“Even better…” Chanyeol said while putting his arm around Kyungsoo. “You could give him a surprise by booking the whole restaurant and have a romantic dinner with him.”

“You guys have wild imaginations.” Kris said.

“Those were good ideas okay.” Kyungsoo said.

“Fine, fine.” Kris said. “Now the only problem is that… What is Yixing’s finger’s size?”

Everyone looked at him and raised their eyebrows.

“Are you kidding?” Chanyeol looked at him.

“No.” Kris said with a blank look on his face. “Do you know Baekhyun’s then?”

“Duh.” Chanyeol said.

“.” Kris said and facepalmed himself.

“I think that Baekhyun’s fingers are just the same size as Yixing’s.” Chanyeol said. “I’ll ask him to check for you.”

“How?”

“You know the two of them are best friends.” Chanyeol said. “I’m sure he has a way.”

Kris smiles at his friends and looked at the calendar on the pin board. Two more days till Valentine’s Day. And he has so many things to do.

“What are you thinking about?” Yixing asked while walking across the chatting group.

“Oh, nothing.” Tao said and turned back to his place.

“We were just discussing about lunch.” Chanyeol said.

“Ooh lunch.” Yixing said. “I’m hungry. Should we go now?”

“It’s lunch time already?” Kyungsoo asked with his famous confused look.

“Yup.” Yixing said. “I thought you guys were discussing about lunch…?”

“Uhh… So where to?” Kris asked.

“The canteen?” Yixing asked.

“Can we have something else?” Chanyeol asked. “Like for once in a while let’s go out and have lunch instead of the same office food we have.”

“Okay, okay.” Yixing said and laughed. “Let’s go to the restaurant they just opened across the street.

“Yassss.” Chanyeol said and Kris raised his eyebrows.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Kris asked. “What kind of language is that?”

“My language.” Chanyeol said. “Hold on, let me call Baekhyun.”


“Hey Yixing, can I ask you something?” Baekhyun asked and held up his hand.

“What?” Yixing asked.

“Whose hand is bigger?” Baekhyun asked.

“Why would you ask?” Yixing asked him back.

“Well… They do say that if you have a bigger hand you’ll have a bigger di-”

“Stop.” Yixing said and shut Baekhyun’s mouth. “I don’t really want to know.”

“Come on it’s just for fun.”

“No.”

“I’ll do it.” Chanyeol said. “Aha, mine’s bigger.”

Yixing blushed.

“Guys we’re in public.” Kyungsoo said.

“Aren’t we just talking about hand size?” Chanyeol asked, looking innocent.

“….. “ Kris just sat there silence while munching on his food.

“Just let me see…” Baekhyun said and pulled Yixing’s hand.

“Stop it!” Yixing was blushing.

“Aha! We’re the same.” Baekhyun said while glancing at Kris, hoping that he heard what he has said.

Kris clears his throat and he sat up straight, indicating that he had heard what Baekhyun said. Wanting to change the topic ASAP, he looks at Yixing and asked about his food.

Chanyeol nudges Kris and nodded his head towards the direction of a jewelry shop just across the street. Kris looks at the shop and back at Chanyeol. He raised his eyebrows and Chanyeol nods.

“Excuse me for a moment…” He said and stood up. “I need to go to the washroom.”

“The washroom is that way Kris…” Yixing said while pointing at the opposite direction of where Kris was walking. Of course he was walking towards the entrance and not the washroom.

“Oh… Uhm… Of course.” He said and walked to where Yixing was pointing. He looked towards Baekhyun and mouthed the word ‘Help’ and pointed towards the door.

“I need to go get something from the convenient store.” Baekhyun said and stood up.

“What’s the rush? We could go get it together later.” Tao innocently asked.

“We’re running out of break time.” Baekhyun said and walked towards the entrance. “Oh right, Kris? I thought you said you wanted to buy something there too?”

“Buy what?” Yixing aksed while looking at Kris.

“Bubble gum.” Kris said.

“What?” Yixing looked at him.

“I have the sudden urge to have one.” He said and slipped out the entrance together with Baekhyun.

“Thanks for saving me just now.” Kris said while sighing. “That was close.”

“Come on, which one do you want to get for Yixing?”

“I don’t know…” Kris said and looked at the rings in front of him. “There’s so many to choose.”

“Which one do you think he will like?”

“Uhhh….”

“Are you serious?” Baekhyun asked. “You don’t even know which one will he like?”

“Eheheh…” Kris said and scratched his head.

“I think this one.” Baekhyun said and pointed to the one straight in front of Kris. “It’s a nice, simple one and Yixing likes simple things.”

“Can I see this?” Kris asked the shop owner and he took it out.

Kris smiles as he looks closely at the ring. He notices something on the inside and took a closer look.

“Oh… You can carve something in here?”

“Most of the couples would carve their name or date of engagement in there.” The shop owner said and smiled.

“How long does it take for you to carve it?” Kris asked.

“Just 15 minutes will do.” He said and smiled.

“Try it out.” Kris said and gave it to Baekhyun.

“It fits perfectly.” Baekhyun said. “What about yours? You finger is definitely bigger.”

“Do you have a larger one?”

“Of course, hold on a second.” He said and walked towards the back.

“We need to hurry.” Kris said and checked his watch. “Lunch time is almost over.”

“Dude chill.” Baekhyun said. “It’s not like Suho is going to kill us or anything.”

“There, try this.” The shop owner said when he walked out from the back of the store. “You two are a lovely couple.”

“Oh no.” Baekhyun said. “We’re not together. I’m just a representative.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Well, if you want me to carve anything behind this, just write it here and I’ll carve it for you.” He said and gave Kris a piece of paper.

Kris took the paper and thought for a long time. He lean in and asked the owner something and the owner nods. “Of course.”

Kris smiles and he wrote it down on the paper and gave it to the man. “I’ll collect it later at 6 when I get off work.”

“No problem.”

“What are you so secretive about?”

“Secret.” Kris said.

“Secret?”

“Yeah Secret. You know, sarangeun move move, sarangeun move move…?” He asked while dancing.

“Idiot.”  Baekhyun said and gave the shop owner the ring he was wearing.

“What about you and Chanyeol though?” Kris asked.

“What about us?” Baekhyun asked.

“When are you two getting engaged?”

“We are!”

“WHAT?”

“Didn’t Chanyeol tell you? We were engaged for like 5 years.”

“I didn’t even know you guys back then.”

“Oh then I think Chanyeol just assumed that you knew. We are engaged at Hawaii when we were on a vacation.”

“Wow, that’s romantic.” Kris said.

“Not very.” Baekhyun said and laughed. “There are a lot of mosquitoes.”


“Psst.” Kyungsoo nudges Kris.

“What?”

“Here, the number to the best restaurant here in town. The food is great and the price is really reasonable.”

“How would you know?”

“Kai bought me there once.” Kyungsoo said.

“Ah…” Kris said and nods.

“Come to think of it, I’ve never bring Yixing out to anywhere nice before.” Kris thought to himself. “What an awful boyfriend I am…”

“Hey, what are you thinking about?” Yixing asked while walking pass Kris.

“Oh, nothing.” Kris said. “Hey, wanna go out on Valentine’s?”

“What kind of question is that?” Yixing asked and laughed. “Of course!”

“Don’t make any plans that day!” Kris said.

“I won’t.” Yixing said. “That’s our day.”

Kris smiles. “I’ll go pick you up, we’ll spend the whole day together.”

“It’s been so long since we last went out on a date.” Yixing said and looked at Kris.

“About that…” Kris looked at Yixing. “I’m so sorry for being such an idiot boyfriend.”

“You’re not and don’t say that.” Yixing said. “It’s my fault too that we rarely spend time together. We’re constantly stuck at our jobs and we rarely talk.”

“Hey, why don’t you move in with me.”

“What?”

“Move into my place, and then we can spend more time together.” Kris said. “Think about it.”

“I think I should.” Yixing said. “I’ll see how it goes.”

Kris looked at Yixing and smiled. He had not looked so close at his boyfriend for quite some times.

“Snap out of it.” Yixing said and laughed. “Your phone is ringing.”

“Oh… Ah.” Kris blinked and answered his phone. The jewelry shop owner called him and told him that his rings are done.

Kris smiled. He looked at Yixing that was staring at him and he gave him a slight push. “Go ahead. Get back to work.” He didn’t want him to listen to the conversation.

“Gee fine mister bossy.” Yixing said and walked back to his place.

“Hello? Yes, how much is it again?” Kris asked.

Kris couldn’t stay still that day, he has been checking the time again and again, wanting to get off work quickly.

“You looked distracted all this time.” Kyungsoo said and tap his back. “Are you okay?”

“Shhh Kyungsoo, I have to finish this before 6.”  Kris said while typing away.

“Suit yourself.” Kyungsoo shrugged and walked away.

“Finally it’s 6!” Kris said and stood up, grabbed his coat and bag and sprinted to the jewelry shop.

“Hey Chanyeol, where’s Kris?” Yixing asked.

“He ran away as soon as the clock reached 6.”

“What?” Yixing asked. “Where could he possibly go?”

“Beats me.” Chanyeol shrugged. “Well, I’m off too Yixing, see you tomorrow.”

Kris ran all the way to the jewelry shop, paid the owner and hailed a taxi back and went back home. He didn’t dare to look at the ring while he was in the taxi as he was afraid that he might lose it. Just as soon as he finishes showering, he jumped on the bed and open up the ring box.

“These are perfect.” He said to himself and smiled. “Yixing will love them.”

He kept staring at the ring and didn’t hear his phone ringing outside in the living room.

“That’s weird, he usually picks up after the third ring.” Yixing said to himself. “Must be watching TV or something, I’ll try again later.”

Kris stood up and went to his phone, he saw that there was one missed call from Yixing and he called him back.

“Hey, sorry for not answering, I was showering.” He lied.

“It’s okay.”

“Anything you want to tell me?” Kris asked.

“Where did you go just now?” Yixing asked. “I thought we were supposed to have a date at Starbucks.”

“Oh .” Kris hissed. “I’m so sorry Yixing, I was rushing that I forgot.”

“What were you rushing for?”

“Uh…” Kris didn’t have enough time to make up a lie. “I uh.. I have diarrhea so I have to rush to the toilet…”

“Ewww….” Yixing said jokingly.

“You’re mean.” Kris said and laughed.

“How are you feeling now?”

“Much better.” Kris said.

“Well, I won’t bother you anymore. I have some documents to finish typing.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow at the office then.”

“Okay.”

“Hey Yixing…”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.” Kris said while blushing.

“I love you too…” Yixing said, rather shocked. Kris is the type that doesn’t express his feelings, so why did he suddenly say that?

Kris smiled as he hung up the phone. He was smiling like an idiot all the time. “Oh right, I have to call the restaurant.” He said and got up to get the card Kyungsoo gave him.


The day has come. Kris has asked all of his friends to help him carry out his plan. He even bought a card and wrote a lot of things on it. He passed it to Baekhyun and wanted him to give it to Yixing. He even called in sick and told Yixing that they have to cancel their plans today. His plan was to surprise Yixing at the restaurant.

Kris had asked Tao to pick up Yixing at his house and pretend that he is bringing him out for dinner instead of Kris. He will be waiting in the restaurant with flowers, musician and cakes to surprise Yixing.

“You really can’t come huh?” Yixing asked with a concerned tone.

“I’m so sorry Yixing.” Kris said, using his fake sick voice. “My stomach have been attacking me the whole day, I’ve been running in and out of the toilet tons of time since this morning.”

“Oh… I guess it can’t be helped then…” Yixing said.

“Hey, I’m sorry…”

“It’s fine Kris.” Yixing said. “Your health is more important.”

“I’ll ask Tao to bring you out tonight. As a substitute for me.”

“Oh no, there’s no need to do that.”

“Then it’s settle then, I’ll ask Tao to pick you up at 8 later. Gotta run to the toilet again, bye.” He said and hung up.

Kris couldn’t help but chuckle a little. He can imagine Yixing’s dazed expression now, staring at his phone. He texted Tao and told him to pick up Yixing at 8 and head straight to the restaurant.

He couldn’t stay still the whole morning and afternoon. He kept checking the time and he was bored. He was not at work and there was nothing entertaining for him to do. He flipped through the channels and at last, he fell asleep. He woke up and realized that it was already 7. He rushed to take a shower and changed his clothes. He drove to pick up the cake and flowers on the way and he even double checked if the ring fits Baekhyun’s fingers.

“Chill Kris.” Chanyeol said and pats his back.

“How can I?” Kris asked while breathing heavily. “I’m nervous.”

“You look like a kid about to take a vaccination.” Baekhyun said and laughed.

“Shut up you.”

“They’re here!” Kyungsoo said and pulled Baekhyun and Chanyeol into hiding.

Kris stood in the middle of the restaurant while holding flowers on one hand and the rings on the other.

“Oh Yixing, you go ahead, I need to go to the washroom.” Tao said and gave Yixing a slight push.

“Alright then…” Yixing said and walked into the restaurant.

He was shocked when the lights went off as soon as he stepped into the restaurant. He was even more shocked when a spotlight shine on him and on the other person across the room, Kris.

“Kris?” Yixing looked at him, confused.

“Yixing…” Kris said and kneeled down on one knee. “We’ve been together for a long, long time now. And now, I have only one question for you… Will you marry me?” He asked.

Yixing was crying tears of joy. He couldn’t talk at all. He ran towards Kris and into his embrace. He plant a kiss on his lips and hugs him tightly.

“Hey… I’m still waiting for your answer.” Kris said.

“Of course Kris, of course. I will!”

“Wheee!” All of their friends came out from hiding and throw confetti all over them.

“You guys are behind this too?” Yixing asked.

“Of course we are.” Kyungsoo said.

“Put the ring on him Kris, what are you waiting for? An invitation?” Baekhyun asked.

“Oh right.” Kris said and slipped the ring onto Yixing’s fingers.

“Oh?”

“These rings have both our names carved in them. Your ring has my name and my ring has your name. See.” Kris said and shows Yixing his ring. It has Yixing’s name written in Chinese character.

“Kris…”

“I love you Yixing.” Kris said. “And after all these years of you taking care of me, it is now my turn to take care of you.”

“Oh just kiss already.” Tao said.

“Let’s leave this two love birds alone.” Chanyeol said and pulled the others away.

Kris kisses Yixing and held him tightly.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Yixing…” 


This was supposed to be up during Valentine's Day.

But my laptop betrayed me and "exploded" so here it is... Late.

*And also I procrastinated teehee*