(6) The Agreement

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Hyun Joong

 

I shook my head lightly. "No, Abeoji.. I disagree." I said in calm voice.

 

A Masquerade Ball? This must be another way to push me find a lady to stood beside me! My Aboeji was sometime being too much. Arranged marriages. Dinners. What was wrong with being single? What was wrong with being alone (read: no girlfriends) on my 29 years living on this planet?

 

"Hyun Joong-ah.. It has been a while since we held our own party. This year Kim Enterprise celebrates its golden age. Golden age, Hyun Joong-ah!" Abeoji glimpsed at Yoon Joon Ahjussi who stood next to him. He must be expecting Yoon Joon Ahjussi's support.

 

Yoon Joon smiled warmly. "Yes, Hyun Joong-ssi. This is a very rare occasion. A party will be a good appreciation for our employees and partners."

 

"Aboeji.. I know what do you have in mind." I lifted my right leg and put it on the top of my left as I laid my back on the couch.

 

"What do I have in mind?" Aboeji asked me back. Challenging.

 

I sighed deeply. "We value our employee well. We paid them above industrial average. We also give the bonuses. You know exactly that our employee's turnover is small. The smallest amongst our rivals. Even without holding a party for them. And, it also works for our partner. They never leave us. On the other hand, we are the one who leave them if we stand in different sides about our values in running the business."

 

Abeoji smiled. "Yes. I am aware of that. The company is in the greatest hand." He moved forward. "But, I want this party. I want to give other appreciation for our best employees and partners. Just this one. And you...You are going to support me on this, Son." Abeoji talked in firm voice.

 

Our eyes locked. His eyes showed that he was not willing to move back of what ever he decided. He never gave me that stare since I joined the company. This time, he was fully determined. And, I knew that if I opposed the decision, it would mean nothing.

 

"When?" I asked. Finally agreed.

 

Abeoji smiled widely. Satisfaction was obvious of his face. I sighed deeply.

 

"This Sunday, Hyun Joong-ssi. At Kim tower's function hall. We will pick and choose the guests."

 

"How many guests?"

 

"Around 5.000."

 

"5.000." I mumbled. In a sudden, I had this strange feeling inside. Hmm.. Maybe a party was a good idea. I needed some kind of fresh atmosphere.

 

 

Jung So Min

 

Less than an hour and I already finished the executive summary. I stared the printed report on my hands with proud. Well this was the best I could do. I truly hoped this report satisfied Mr Bae and met his expectation. I smiled widely and raised my face. Looking around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter