(54) The cost

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"It is not that we purposely delaying, Abeoji. But-" So Min flushed deeply as she kept her head low.

 

President Kim smirked. Oh he loved to tease his soon-to-be daughter. ”Are you afraid that he won't be able to take a good care of you?"

 

"No~"

 

President Kim's smile became wider. Hyun Joong may stated that So Min changed. She was braver now. But still, to him, she was still the innocence So Min. Before he said anything else, with the corner of his eyes, President Kim caught Hyun Joong who was entering the living room. "Oh, you are home."

 

So Min raised her face and sighed in relief unconsciously. Thanks God her savior was here. She could not handle President Kim all by herself. Not when he brought out the engagement and wedding topic.

 

Hyun Joong walked directly toward So Min and kneeled in front of her. "You will not argue me now. Please.. Let me keep you safe."

 

So Min narrowed her eyes. "Oppa, what were you saying?"

 

Hyun Joong took a deep breath. He grabbed both of So Min's hand and held it tight.

 

"Hyun Joong Oppa?"

 

"Hyun Joong? What is wrong?" President Kim asked in confusion.

 

After a while, Hyun Joong finally said, "Bom-"

 

"Mwo? Bom Unnie?"

 

Hyun Joong nodded once.

 

"What is wrong with her?" A slight of thought suddenly interrupted her mind. "No." She gasped.

 

"You shall stay inside this house until we are able to spot that woman. I don't want her to touch you."

 

"But- How about Bom Unnie?" Tears started to wet So Min's cheeks. She could feel it. Something was wrong with Bom. And, the fact that Hyun Joong prevented her to leave the house..

 

"She died."

 

"NO!"

 

"Baby, listen-"

 

So Min stood up and wanted to walk away but Hyun Joong kept her still. He also came to his full height and made her facing him. "I want to see her, Oppa." She said between her tears.

 

"I am sorry. But, I cannot let you. I don't want to take the risk."

 

"Oppa~"

 

Hyun Joong took her to his embrace. "Forgive me, baby. Forgive me."

"She died because of me. It should have been me."

 

"Sshh.."

 

"That was true. I should be the one who-"

 

"Stop it. Stop it, baby."

 

"I want to see her, Oppa. Please. Please."

 

Hyun Joong looked at his Abeoji, wanting to get his advice.

 

"Let her. We are still able to keep her safe even tough she leaves the house."

 

Then, Hyun Joong softly caressed So Min's hairs. "Let me secure the area first." He mumbled before he planted a kiss on So Min's head.

 

 

 

 

 

Ji Yong hugged crying Dara tightly as he patted her back, consoling her. He knew th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter