(39) Red

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jung So Min

I rubbed the bridge of my nose slightly, wanting to ease myself down. This whole day, I cannot help myself from wondering all about Tae Hee Unnie. She cannot just give up. I know that she desires Hyun Joong Oppa beyond the money. She wants him for herself. She wants him as her husband. Then, why? Why Yoobin Unnie?

"So Min!"
 
I flinch in surprise and look up to find Mr Bae stares warmly toward me. I was so into my thought. I even didn't realize that Mr Bae already walked out from his office. I hurriedly stand up. "Yes, Mr Bae?"

"I am going to have dinner meeting with Mrs Cha. We are going to discuss about Kim Enterprise's charity programs. I want you to accompany me. You need to involve yourself more to the programs and events."

"Oh. Sure." I cleaned up my desk and took my bag.

"Hyun Joong won't mind if I take you with me, right?"

I widen my eyes I disbelief. Did he just mocking me up? Mr Bae? Mocked me? I smile widely. "He won't mind, Mr Bae. Beside I am your assistant." I answer diplomatically.

Mr Bae smirks. "You better send him text. I know Kim Hyun Joong. He is a territorial person." And, he walks away.

Territorial person? What was that suppose to mean? I take my phone from my desk and tail Mr Bae. "Gummy Unnie, I am going to accompany Mr Bae. Dinner meeting with Mrs Cha. About Kim Enterprise's charity programs." I still manage to inform Gummy Unnie before I rush to Mr Bae who already stands in front of the Presidential Elevator.

"Have you texted him?"

"Uhm? Oh, not yet, Sir."

"Text him now."

I nodded shortly.

Me: Hyun Joong Oppa, I am going to accompany Mr Bae. Dinner meeting with Mrs Cha. Kim Enterprise's charity programs.
 
Less than a minute after I pressed send button, a low buzz comes from my phone. Heh? He replies me that soon? I thought that he is in the middle of important meeting with our platinum suppliers?

Hyun Joong Oppa: Where?

Where? I don't know. I turn my face to Mr Bae right after the elevator doors are closed. "Where we are heading to, Mr Bae? The location? Hyun Joong Oppa asked."

Mr Bae smiles meaningfully. "Jang Geum Restaurant. The usual. Tell him that. He will know directly." He chuckles shortly. "So, he'll come."

I squint my eyes. Come? Hyun Joong Oppa just asked where. He didn't mention about coming. I decide to ignore Mr Bae's expression and last statement.

Me: Jang Geum Restaurant, Oppa.

Again.. Within seconds, a reply reaches my phone.

Hyun Joong Oppa: I'll be there in less than fifteen minutes.

My eyes widen in surprise. He is coming? His meeting is over? But.. I don't think our dinner meeting requires his attendance. He never involves himself to the programs anyway. Too busy for that. He leaves it all to Mr Bae. Why now? Eh? Wait.. I lift my face to Mr Bae who turns his face slowly to me and smiles.

"He is coming?"
 
How does he know? I nod absentmindedly.

His smile becomes even wider. "Just as I predicted before."

Ding.
The elevator doors are opened and he walks outside in fast manner. I swiftly follow him .

Mr Bae is just great. He knows and understands Kim Family inside out. Just awesome.
       
"Our upcoming charity program is next month. We are going to hold a contest for disable people at Ulsan. They have to show us their biggest passion and we will provide them things that they need in fulfilling it: study support, tools, house, anything."

"A contest for disable people? Why? Why don't we just give them things that they need?"

"It was Hyun Joong." Mr Bae smiles slightly. "He was strongly against 'Just give them' concept. He said that when we handed the support, we had to put it over the hands that would use it accordingly." He explains, full with affection. 

I narrow my eyes. He was strongly against 'Just give them' concept? Had to put it over the hands that would use it accordingly? But.. How about the contestants who fail the contest? They will
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter