(12) Burnt

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jung So Min

 

I stared to the ceiling blankly. I could not decide whether to hand Tae Hee Unnie the invitation or..

But, I don't think the second one is even an option. If I don't give her the invitation, it is also possible that Hye Soo Eomma will prevent me to work at Kim Enterprise. She will order me to stay at home and work as a maid. Full time maid.

 

I sighed deeply then grabbed my pillow and hugged it tight. My eyes roamed inside my room and I realized that my green box was not there. I sat up swiftly. Dara Unnie's dress. Where?

 

The kitchen!

 

I stood up and headed to the kitchen in fast manner. Once I reached the kitchen, I looked at the kitchen's table, the place where I put it before, and did not find the box. I looked and looked at every corners. Ahh.. Stupid! Stupid So Min! Why should I left it here? Just because I felt so thirsty and took a glass of cold water and I forgot to bring the box to my room. Where is it now?

 

Click!

 

I turned my face and found Nanny Oh stepped into the kitchen from the backyard. Crying silently. I looked at her in confusion and walked closer to her. "Nanny Oh.. What is wrong?"

 

She looked at me with her red eyes and sobbed again. Hard. "Oh.. I am so sorry, Miss Jung."

 

I felt confused and also nervous. She said sorry? For what? "Nanny Oh.."

 

"Yoo Bin and Eomma burnt down your dress at the backyard. The old lady tried to stop them. But, as you know, Eomma and Yoo Bin could not be stop." In sudden Tae Hee Unnie appeared from the same door.

 

I gasped shortly and stared at Tae Hee Unnie in disbelief. "Burnt down? Dara Unnie's dress?"

 

Tae Hee Unnie nodded and leaned against the kitchen table. She folded her arms over her chest. Looking cold. Without emotion. As usual..

 

"But.." Tears rolled down to my cheeks. "Why.."

 

"You better hand the invitation to Tae Hee Unnie. It is obvious." Yoo Bin Unnie and Hye Soo Eomma showed up behind the door. "You have no dress. I had taken care of that ugly dress." Yoo Bin Unnie smirked evilly.

 

"But.. That is not mine." I said with my crack voice.

 

Hye Soo Eomma walked out the kitchen without saying anything.

 

"Like I care." Yoo Bin Unnie followed Hye Soo Eomma.

 

I put my palms on my face and sobbed. Hard. Dara Unnie's dress.. What should I tell her? How could I go to the Ball now? Why? Why did they do that? Why?

 

"Oohh.. Miss Jung." Nanny Oh embraced me tight. We shared cries on each others' shoulder.

 

Tae Hee Unnie sighed deeply. "I am going." She also walked out from the kitchen.

 

Just before she vanished my from my sight, "I will give you the invitation." I murmured low.

 

Tae Hee Unnie stopped her walk. "What?" She asked without turning her body.

 

I took a deep breath to ease my cry. "I will give you the invitation."

 

And, Tae Hee Unnie just nodded.

 

 

I stood in front the elevator absentmindedly. Hanging my head as low as possible. Keeping sigh deeply over and over and over again. My eyes were still sore due to crying hard last night. I even could recognize my swollen eyes when I stared at the mirror around the building. That was why I kept my eyes stared at the floor. Avoiding others' gazes.

 

Blue friday. How could I face Dara Unnie now? I had no problem in giving up the invitation. But, the dress.. A tear escaped my tears and I swept it fast. I let her down. I was disappointing Dara Unnie.

 

DING!

 

The elevator doors opened. And, I stepped in slowly. Once I was inside the elevator, I laid my back against the wall and rubbed my face. Luckily I had not put any make up. Just a light powder. I had no desire in putting any make up like Dara Unnie taught me before. I just..

 

Before the elevator door closed, a pair of hand interrupted in between. Making it opened again. I raised my face and found Mr Kim was the one who prevented the door from closing. Our eyes met before I hurriedly lowered my sight and grabbed my bag tight. Seeing him today, at this very moment, definitely something I did not expect.

 

I sensed him walked closer to me. To be exact, stood beside me. I held my breath and fear enveloped myself. Please don't talk to me. Don't! Or my crack voice could easily be heard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter