(49) Day One

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Don't do something reckless, So Min. Please."

 

"I won't. Don't worry."

 

"But I have this feeling that you will. And you know that my instinct is 99% accurate. I have no idea what do you have in mind. I seriously sense danger. Please.. Just let the authorities do the job."

 

"Shin Hye-"

 

"Don't give them any reason to hurt you again,  So Min. I don't want you to experience the same phase. I don't want to lose you. No. How could I let you endanger yourself?"

 

So Min smiled softly and reached for Shin Hye's hands. "Believe me. I'll be ok. I'll be just fine. I have Hyun Joong Oppa, Seung Hyun-ssi and the bodyguards. I am all safe."

 

"Well, you had them when the incidents happened."

 

"They won't let themselves fall at the same hole."

 

"So Min-"

 

"Shin Hye, listen!" So Min locked her eyes with Shin Hye's. "I need you to support me. I need you to pray for me. I have to do this. I have to punish anyone who hurt Appa. And if they are proved guilty, I'll let the authorities do their jobs."

 

Shin Hye shook her head. She hated the idea that her best friend was going to after murders. They were more than capable to hurt her, worst to kill her. And, Shin Hye didn't want to lose So Min.

 

"Just this one. Let me. Stand beside me, Shin Hye. I need you to bless me. You are like a sister to me. Please.."

 

Silent tears escaped Shin Hye's eyes. "Promise me that you'll stop when the time comes. Promise me that you'll stay alive. Promise me that we'll grow old together. Promise me those."

 

So Min wiped up her tears that she didn't realize exist. "I promise." She nodded and smiled. "Thank you." Then she hugged Shin Hye tightly.

 

If only.. If only she didn't know that the three musketers suspected her step mother as her father's killer,  So Min would drop everything and lived happily with Hyun Joong. But no. The fact stated the contrary and she also took the opposite road.

 

"Now.." So Min broke the hug. "Tell me about Jung Yong Hwa."

 

"Jung Yong Hwa? What about him?" Shin Hye played innocence as she dried her face with tissue. She played innocence but she was blushing slightly. And, So Min caught this.

 

"I overheard him talking about you to Seung Hyun-ssi."

 

Shin Hye's eyes widened. "Mwo?"

 

So Min nodded. "He mentioned your name. If I was not mistaken, he came to the coffee shop once a while to see you, huh?"

 

Shin Hye felt like her cheeks were burning.

 

"So, both of you are together now?" So Min couldn't help to keep on teasing Shin Hye.

 

"Let's talk about something else." Shin Hye tried to change the topic.

 

So Min giggled. "Talking about Yong Hwa-ssi boost my interest. I seriously-"

 

"Let's talk about something else."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 "DNA test? Nice thought." President Kim felt proud over So Min. She and her clear mind. He had fear that the issue would bring bad impact to his son and his lover relationship. But it seemed that the worry was not necessary.

 

Hyun Joong sipped his white wine slowly. He was not answering. The DNA test could be the answer. Could be.. It could prove that he was not the father. But also, it could state his nightmare. What if.. no. That couldn't be. He was sure that- but- what if..

 

"I have faith that she is not carrying your child, Hyun Joong." President Kim stated as if he understood his son doubt. "Getting oneself pregnant is seriously easy thing to be done. Right now.. DNA test is the best solution."

 

"But-" Hyun Joong emptied his wine glass in one shoot. "What if-"

 

"She is not carrying your child." President Kim cut Hyun Joong's statement. "The real Kim will only be born through So Min's womb. The one that I approve."

 

"Abeoji.."

 

"We should be cleverer than those nasty women. They used tricks. It was how they worked." President Kim took his wine glass. "Taking notes from their track records, the mother could be considered as professional." He sipped his white wine. "But, we should show her that she chose the wrong people to play with."

 

Hyun Joong gazed at his Abeoji intently. He felt blessed and amazed. How could President Kim show such calmness? If the media sniffed about the scandal, their reputation would be ruined. It would crush their image. The last news about him going out with Yoo Bin fussed everyone. And yet, President Kim managed to handle everything in silence.

 

“Tell me about So Min. I could see that she was changing.”

 

Hyun Joong nodded as he put the glass over the coffee table. “She changed to stronger and determined So Min.” He smiled as he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter