(15) The Masquerade Ball - Part Three

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Hyun Joong



I know that I have met her some where. Is she Kim Enterprise's partner? We encounter in a meeting? Or, is it even possible that she is one of Kim Enterprise's employee?



She lowers her sight and break our eyes connection. She does not answer. She even looks unsure. Full of doubt.



I pull her body even closer to mine and start the dance. Slow. Soft. And, she does follow my lead. She syncs her body movement to mine. I seriously feel relief. "That is fine." I murmur.


"Hm?" She raises her face again and meet her brown eyes to mine.



"If you are not comfortable in telling me your name, that is ok." But, I am seriously will haunt you down.

I will ask Ji Yong, my personal guard and investigator to check your background once we finish the dance.



She curves her lips up and forms a light smile. A relieved smile. "Thank you for your consideration." She says.



I narrowed my eyes. Her smile. I am right, after all. It is genuine and sincere.

Ah.. Suzy! I must ask her. Maybe Suzy knows this woman before me. I examine her face, neck and bare shoulder. Fair, milky and flawless. And her lips. It is full and pinkish. Definitely kiss-able. Something really hard knock myself. For the first time, I finally want to kiss a woman. So bad.


"Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" I ask her and gain her attention once again. She looks back at me after she scans the room with her eyes.



"Yes?" She answers.



"Are you alone? I mean-" Ok. I am speechless. For the first time in my life. I am totally speechless in front of woman. And, what the heck, Hyun Joong! Just after you see her, you already wonder whether she is taken or not?! But, I cannot help my curiosity, she keeps her eyes wondering around. She is definitely looking for someone.



"Do you mean in this Ball? Yes, I am alone."



ALERT! I unconsciously hold my breath and stop my dance which cause her to stop her body movement too. She is alone in this Ball?

 

"And, outside the Ball?"



She tilted her head to one side. "Mr Kim, you are asking about my status?" She grinned. Shyly.



"Hmm.. Yes?" I feel totally silly. You have not know her name but you are so eager to know about her status. Way to go, Hyun Joong! However, behind her waist, I cross my fingers. You better be single, woman!

 


"If I say that I am single, how do you feel?"    

I take a huge intake of air and send it directly to my heart. Commanding it to keep beating. I resume my dance along with her body. "Extremely relief." I murmur low.



And, she blush. Her face reddens and her eyes sparkles. Her lips form a light smile again. God, she is beautiful. I have seen lots of considered beautiful ladies along my way, but this woman...

 

Jung So Min  
Mr Kim. So tender. So gentleman. I am no longer shy to stare directly to his hazel eyes. And, I can say he also has no intention to take his eyes from mine. Our eyes lock as we dance. We dance and dance and dance. I am no longer counting how many songs. He is enchanting me. Greatly. And, just like that, I sign to join Kim Hyun Joong's fans club.

No one seems dare to disturb our dance. His admirers watch me from a far. I can sense the daggers that they send through their stares. While for others, they look at as in admiration. I even catch the happy look from President Kim.  
"This is my first dance with a lady." He states.  
"Eh?" I look at him. "First? You never-"  
He shakes his head. "Never."  

"Why?" I blurt out before I can hold back my tongue. Too confused. Never? How can I believe? Lots of woman try to gain his attention. But, none?



He smirks. "Curios?"



I blush and bite my lower lip. "No." Geez. As if he believes my every words. You are too obvious, So Min. Silly!

 


He stops the dance and takes my hands from his shoulders. He releases my right hand and keeps my left on his right hand. "Let's have a drink." Again. He leads our way to a table in front. Not far from the table President Kim and Mr Bae sit. Mr Bae? Again, my eyes scan the nearby area. Where is Suzy? Oh wait.. She said that she was leaving the Ball with her Eomma. I shrug.  

"You are looking for someone." He states.

"Eh?" I look at him again. Both of us are reaching the table now. We are not sitting yet. He even tightens his grip over my hand. I sigh. I nearly forget that I should look for Dara Unnie and others. "Yes. In fact, I think I should be going now."  
"Don't!" His free hand grabs my free hand. Again. Our eyes lock. Silence envelops us.











"I-"











"Stay with me." He pleas.











His stares. His grips.
My sanity is flying away.                      
"Alright."    
 

He smiled from ear to ear. "Let's sit." He helps me sit at the chair near by. A far from other. As if they put the table on purpose. For us to stay alone. "What do you want to drink? Champagne fine?"


I release a short breathe. "I never-".



"Huh?"



I blush. "I never consume drink with alcohol before."


He looks at me in disbelief. His eyelids fluttered for few times. He shocked. "Never?"



I shake my head. "Never." I bit my lips. Being 21 years old and never drinking alcohol. Ok. Now I feel a bit embarrass.



He chuckled low. "You are one of a kind."



I pout. "What is that suppose to mean?" I have this feeling that he is mocking me. Or he just surprised? Wait. Did I just pout? I form back my lips to my usual gesture.



Then he shook his head. "No. Nothing. Sorry. Orange juice then?"


"Please." I agreed.



He raises his hand and a waiter approaches us in fast manner. Mr Kim says something to the waiter and he nods before vanished in a snap.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter